Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 08-28-2009, 12:50 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default College Gameday Thread: Week 1

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

I couldn't wait anymore. First game is less than a week away.

South Carolina @ NC State and Oregon @ Boise State are on Thursday.

Georgia @ Oklahoma State, Mizzou vs Illinois, BYU vs Oklahoma, Alabama vs Va Tech and Maryland vs Cal are some of the big games on the opening Saturday.

Big ACC match up Monday Night, Miami @ FSU.

Solid opening week.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/schedule

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:01 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nevada @ ND is not a great game or anything but it should be good fun to watch for the neutrals.

GO IRISH!!!!

Notes on other games
- I think Oklahoma isnt that happy playing BYU first up. With their entirely new OLine that is the kind of game that has the makings of a letdown for them.
- Georgia Okie State should be good. I love how UGA is one of the few SEC programs having a sweet ooc scedule.
- Bama at the Hokies is a game i wanna see as well. I just cant go against the hokies here. Cant say exactly why but i just dont see bama as a really good team tbh.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:02 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

cincy at rutgers on monday. BIG game early for the Big East. I'll be there! woot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:06 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bring on the Crimson Tide! Woooooooooooooooooooo!

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:19 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LSU @ Washington. Yeah, yeah, not a tough match-up but the first game of the season for LSU! It sucks it's a 9:30pm central kickoff.

I think the games I'm looking forward to most are Oregon @ Boise State and BYU @ Oklahoma.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:29 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Winners are bolded.

South Carolina @ NC State
Oregon @ Boise State
Georgia @ Oklahoma State
Mizzou vs Illinois
BYU vs Oklahoma
Alabama vs Va Tech
Maryland vs Cal
Miami @ FSU

Last edited by TACKLE : 09-01-2009 at 08:22 PM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:59 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oregon @ Boise State
Georgia @ Oklahoma State
Mizzou vs Illinois
BYU vs Oklahoma
Alabama vs Virginia Tech
Maryland vs Cal
Miami @ FSU

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 02:25 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oregon @ Boise State
Georgia @ Oklahoma State
Mizzou vs Illinois
BYU vs Oklahoma UPSET SPECIAL
Alabama vs Va Tech
Maryland vs Cal
Miami @ FSU

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:27 PM    (permalink
OregonDucks
Rookie

OregonDucks is a cocksman.OregonDucks is a cocksman.OregonDucks is a cocksman.

I cant wait for the duck game!! LSU is gonna murder washington which will be delicious! I cant wait, good weekend of football!
OregonDucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:39 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am pretty stoked too, i want to see the Ducks play most importantly because of Mr. Thurmond
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:41 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just got a boner from seeing this thread.
Life is good.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 04:47 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The noon games bloooooooooow. I'm probably gonna end up watching Minny/Syracuse. :|

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 07:27 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Might not be a great game, but the return of Mike Williams with Decker on the other side, and even Paulus at QB is something I want to see. I'll watch, if I can wake myself up this weekend.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 07:32 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys are killing me. I'll be crushed if we lose to NC State. SCAR is all about the fast start lately.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 01:01 AM    (permalink
OregonDucks
Rookie

Yeah moth I think south carolina will beat em pretty bad actually. Ill be interested in seen stephen garcia.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:37 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm so f'n pumped for the season to begin, college football is and most likely will be my favorite sport to watch.

Here are my picks for the notable games:

Boise State over Oregon
South Carolina over NC State
Oklahoma State over Georgia
Notre Dame over Nevada
Illinois over Missouri
Oklahoma over BYU (although I think BYU will give them a scare)
Alabama over Va Tech (a beatdown in Blacksburg)

Upset Special: Miami over Florida State

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 01:39 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
BYU vs Oklahoma UPSET SPECIAL
We'll raise our colors high in the blue,
And cheer the Cougars of BYU.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Akron's passing attack, but I think Penn State is too much for them. Very excited.
Old 09-02-2009, 02:00 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's true SCAR is pretty green but, I'd be surprised to see them lose this game. As much as I loved Munnerlyn, Brinkley, and Cook. We should have almost a seemless transition with Rodney Paulk, Chris Culliver, and Akeem Auguste/Darian Stewart. Then you can factor in true freshman, Stephon Gilmore, who may be starting by seasons end and freshman safety, Devonte Hollaman. On the offensive end...the offensive line is as scary as ever but, losing Meredith wont have any real effect on it. He wasnt all that good. But yeah, our running game should be better, we have a variety of backs to go with. Highly touted Brian Maddox is finally getting his shot, Jarvis Giles, Kenny Miles, and even walk on Bryce Sherman should get in there. The hardest player to replace will be Mckinley. Moe Brown hasnt done anything for the three years he's been here so he may not keep his job for long. Dion Lecorn is uber talented, he's just a dumb ass but, if he can keep his head on straight and stay healthy he can be a major weapon. Our young guys are very exciting, just young, though. But keep an eye on Jason Barnes, Alshon Jeffery, D.L. Moore, and 1 star recruit Tori Gurley. Gurley, a 6'5 giant of a man, has been working with the 1st team. And lastly as for TE, Jared Cook was fantastic but, I do love me some Weslye Saunders, I think he's one of the more underrated players out there. He should do a fine job replacing him, a much better blocker as well.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-03-2009, 01:37 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I still cant believe Spurrier has had such a hard time finding a good QB for SCAR. We havent had a good QB in years and Spurrier hasn't helped any. I figured there would have been plenty of QB recruits lining up to play for Spurrier. We need a Danny Wueffel. :) Hopefully Garcia can finally be a good one for us. The last QB that I've even actually liked on our team was freaking QB/WR Syvelle Newton. Slim pickings.

I was extremely excited when we signed Spurrier but not much has changed. We have much better recruiting classes every year but, we're not getting any better. sigh.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-03-2009, 02:10 PM    (permalink
OregonDucks
Rookie

Lets get this thread going.
Old 09-03-2009, 02:32 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Oregon is going to throttle Boise. 49-21 or something like that. Boise is good, but have they ever seen players like Masoli or Blount? Only thing that worries me is Oregon's defense.
Old 09-03-2009, 02:40 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Boise is good, but have they ever seen players like Masoli or Blount? Only thing that worries me is Oregon's defense.
Yeah, last year when they beat Oregon in Eugene.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 02:50 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Yeah, last year when they beat Oregon in Eugene.
Yeah, touche on that one, haha.

I still like Oregon by a couple touchdowns
Old 09-03-2009, 02:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oregon SHOULD win. I can't believe Masoli has gotten as good as he's gotten. I don't even think he started at QB in HS. He went to St. Louis (Crusaders) here in Honolulu, but I never heard of him.

Hoping for another win by the underdogs tonight. Go Boise! Go WAC! :D
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote