Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-02-2009, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Zero excuses for Charlie Weis

Schedule is more than favorable, yearly tough matchup with teams like Michigan and BC dont seem so tough this year and the big matchup with SC is at home with a rookie QB starting for the trojans.

The defense is relatively new but the offense has a collection of the best receivers you'll see anywhere: Tate, Floyd, Kumara, Goodman along with TEs Rudolph and Ragone.

anything less than 10-2 this year equals failure to me.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think any one is really going to debate you on this. He's been awful since showing up.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 07:23 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They might surprise people and show up in a BCS game this season.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 09:34 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What happens to Weis if Notre Dame qualifies for a BCS game and gets waxed by 30+ points??
FUNBUNCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 12:44 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
What happens to Weis if Notre Dame qualifies for a BCS game and gets waxed by 30+ points??
He'll keep his job if he can keep Jimmy Clausen around. He just pulled one of the best LB prospects they've had in a long time. I think getting into the BCS would be his extra boost to stay about water.

Old 09-03-2009, 01:05 AM    (permalink
Saints 4 Lyfe
Veteran

Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
they showed up in a BCS game against LSU in '06 and you and i both know they didn't belong there.
Saints 4 Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 01:23 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the amount of talent they have on the field they should be in a BCS. Weis has done a great job recruiting the highest rated recruits, now he needs to show that his staff has actually helped improve their talents and start getting some results. ND has talent comparable to any other school, time for some results or someone else is going to get to coach a lot of talented kids next year.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:40 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints 4 Lyfe View Post
they showed up in a BCS game against LSU in '06 and you and i both know they didn't belong there.
Yeah but if they make it this year, it won't be because of an easy schedule.

Old 09-03-2009, 11:06 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah but if they make it this year, it won't be because of an easy schedule.
I agree that the schedule is favourable but its not that easy either. Its not like penn state for instance.
We have a marquee matchup (like almost everybody has just one or two) and we have a whole bunch of teams who maybe arent really good teams but are tough teams to win from.
Outside of Washington State, Washington and Purdue all teams on the schedule have the potential to be bowl bound. There are just two non-bcs conference teams on the schedule in nevada and navy, both of whom are decent teams, teams you should win from (as ND) but decent teams nevertheless.
Really I dont get why people are *****ing about NDs schedule whilst there are plenty teams with easier schedules

edit: Back on topic. 10-2 or better should be considered a succesfull season imo, 9-3 and a decent showing at the bowl game (win or coming close in a game where ND would be regarded as overmatched before the game) should still keep charlie his job. When they finish 8-4 Charlie will imo be gone and ND might actually refuse the bowl game if that happens (and jimmy will go pro, as will golden in that situation I think)

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin

Last edited by wicket : 09-03-2009 at 11:21 AM.
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 11:12 AM    (permalink
HindSight
Veteran

HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints 4 Lyfe View Post
have they been in a BCS game that they actually deserved to be in?

Last edited by HindSight : 09-03-2009 at 01:23 PM.
HindSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 11:22 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HindSight View Post
have then been in a BCS game that they actually deserved to be in?
2005 in my opinion at least

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 09-03-2009, 11:23 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
I agree that the schedule is favourable but its not that easy either.
I was saying that since the schedule isn't as easy as it was in 06, they'll most likely deserve to be in the BCS bowl if they make it.

Old 09-03-2009, 11:25 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
I was saying that since the schedule isn't as easy as it was in 06, they'll most likely deserve to be in the BCS bowl if they make it.
i wasnt aiming my comment at you, you just talked about the schedule and i wanted to talk about it more, that was the reason i quoted you, sorry for the confusion

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 09-03-2009, 11:58 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

much more favorable location for this img

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 12:22 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
i wasnt aiming my comment at you, you just talked about the schedule and i wanted to talk about it more, that was the reason i quoted you, sorry for the confusion
No worries. haha

Old 09-03-2009, 01:28 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB
Yeah but if they make it this year, it won't be because of an easy schedule..............
Quote:
I agree that the schedule is favourable but its not that easy either. Its not like penn state for instance.
Yes the ND schedule is favorable. But the Florida schedule is even more favorable. The only SEC West power they face is LSU, I hope the Bayou Bengals humble them.

The ND wussy schedule will save Weis' job more than anything else. But if they tank again, the Golden Domer alumni will be screaming for his head on a pole before Thanksgiving.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 02:13 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Schedule looks like a Pac-10 schedule. You get the two patsies in Wash. and WSU then have a decent Stanford to play. I think all the Irish games are winable but 10-2 will be tough.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:49 AM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Schedule looks like a Pac-10 schedule. You get the two patsies in Wash. and WSU then have a decent Stanford to play. I think all the Irish games are winable but 10-2 will be tough.
10-2 will be tough? On paper i see them as favorites every game except for USC. Maybe they'll slip up a game or two but if Charlie prepares them well enough i could see ND going 11-1.
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 10:52 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernbabybern820 View Post
10-2 will be tough? On paper i see them as favorites every game except for USC. Maybe they'll slip up a game or two but if Charlie prepares them well enough i could see ND going 11-1.
at the moment I dont think we are the favourite @Pitt to be honest. If ND plays up to potential they will be on gameday but I believe Pitt is a 3 point favourite or something like that

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 09-04-2009, 05:23 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Go Nevada!!! Really though Collin Kaepernick is going to stomp all over them. This could be his coming out party. Problem though is Clausen will have a field day against Nevada who had the worst pass defense in D1 football last year.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:54 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

weis dissapointed me yesterday (no not saturday, sunday) when he responded to a question of a journalist about the officiating in a presser. should have just said that he didnt respond to that sort of questions imo.
I have always been on the side of charlie and i still want him to succeed but he really shouldnt have done that. It shows disrespect to an opponent who played their hearts out and an officiating crew that although they did have a few screwups I assume just called the game to the best of their abilities and worst of all it comes across as an excuse for his (and the team's) own failure.

Was really dissappointed

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 09-14-2009, 11:58 AM    (permalink
HindSight
Veteran

HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Weis' answers to the media are always a bit off. The guy is an a-hole and he can't help but come across as one. There's nothing wrong with being an a-hole (other than....you know...it makes you an a-hole).....but if you're a losing a-hole then you're just making things harder for yourself.

The way he answered a question about the weak schedule was kind of prickish too. The guy just can't not come across as a dick.
HindSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 02:12 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only benefit I see for Notre Dame hiring Weis in the first place after he's dismissed is, he was able to raise the profile of the program in the mind of many 5 star prospects.

Hopefully the next coach can maintain that image and use it to produce some wins.

Why am I not surprised that every last one of Belichick's assistants is a brick of sh#t once you scratch beneath the surface??

Couldn't happen to a better guy, IMO. Sux about his daughter though.
FUNBUNCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 02:30 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
By show up. You mean attend? Then yes.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
weis dissapointed me yesterday (no not saturday, sunday) when he responded to a question of a journalist about the officiating in a presser. should have just said that he didnt respond to that sort of questions imo.
I have always been on the side of charlie and i still want him to succeed but he really shouldnt have done that. It shows disrespect to an opponent who played their hearts out and an officiating crew that although they did have a few screwups I assume just called the game to the best of their abilities and worst of all it comes across as an excuse for his (and the team's) own failure.

Was really dissappointed
I don't know or care what he said about the officiating but let's be serious the refs were terrible. Michael Floyd was getting his forearm hooked on one play and no call. Sam Young pancakes some dude and gets an offensive holding. The refs sucked and the Irish almost as much.

Charlie has mental lapses down the stretch in games, he did it last year and was doing it saturday. He has Clausen rolling to his right repeatedly to try to find guys near the goal line. This pretty much reduces the field by about 2/3rds, it doesnt work Charlie. He also screwed up by not just running the ball on their second to last drive, one they didnt have Floyd and two it is what they do in the NFL, make the other team have to drive the field without timeouts. I'm not sure how he got the big rep coming from the pros but he seems to have forgotten everything he knew there.