Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-06-2009, 01:52 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, the first thing that came to mind was, what the hell is wrong w/ Seymour? The Pats always seem to be a step ahead of everyone, they may know something the Raiders do not.

Or maybe they just saw a chance to benefit from a guy they didnt plan on re-signing. Whatever the case is, I still wouldnt trade a 1st round pick for him. Especially if he didnt agree to a contract extension prior to being traded.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 01:56 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Raiders should go sign Derrick Brooks so they can have him at WLB beside Morrison and Howard behind to talented DT's in Seymour and Kelly.
Old 09-06-2009, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sure didn't see this coming.
Old 09-06-2009, 02:04 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This really surprised me, but the more I think about it the more I understand it.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 02:06 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe if we were in a positon to win alot of football games i can understand this..
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 02:08 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Raiders recieve: DE/DT Richard Seymour, 2010 3rd round and 2011 5th round
Patriots recieve: DE/OLB Derrick Burgess, 2011 1st round

Thats pretty much howthe deal was, since Burgess was only traded a month ago. Which would you rather have?

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 02:10 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
The Raiders should go sign Derrick Brooks so they can have him at WLB beside Morrison and Howard behind to talented DT's in Seymour and Kelly.
Howard is our WLB. What we really need is a SLB. Howard and Morrison are more of coverage LBs than run stopping LBs. If we had a stud SLB our defence could be nasty

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 02:28 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My first reaction was WTF?!?!?!?!
Now that I think about it- Seymour woulda walked after this year
I don't understand why it's a 2011 pick though- do the Raiders have high hopes???
I hate to have such a great player leave but I guess it's part of the business.
The only way I'll feel absolutely okay with this is that we now resign Wilfork and Mankins

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is almost certainly going to be a 4-3 defensive front this year, for those who are wondering. Plus, the problem at LB is that the team doesn't really have a lot of talent. Aside from Mayo (who's very good, although he's not really a game-changing player yet - 0 sacks and 0 INTs last year) and Thomas (who's good, but old and injury-prone), there aren't any guys that should really be starting in the NFL. Pierre Woods and Gary Guyton are okay, same with TBC, but these should be backups on a good team, not starters on a team trying to win the Super Bowl.
Old 09-06-2009, 02:33 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Raiders recieve: DE/DT Richard Seymour, 2010 3rd round and 2011 5th round
Patriots recieve: DE/OLB Derrick Burgess, 2011 1st round

Thats pretty much howthe deal was, since Burgess was only traded a month ago. Which would you rather have?
Raiders recieve: DE/DT Richard Seymour, 2010 3rd round and 2011 5th round-Al Davis drafting
Patriots recieve: DE/OLB Derrick Burgess, 2011 1st round-Not Al Davis drafting

Yep I know which one I would prefer

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 02:35 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What about the guy from Michigan that was drafted 2 years ago? I forgot his name, but he was a standup pass rusher for them and got put on IR his rookie year.

Call me crazy, but I still like this team as a 3-4 front.

As a 4-3, this team is desperately needs a WILL and true 4-3 Ends. In a 3-4, I like their front 7 much more.
Old 09-06-2009, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
What about the guy from Michigan that was drafted 2 years ago? I forgot his name, but he was a standup pass rusher for them and got put on IR his rookie year.

Call me crazy, but I still like this team as a 3-4 front.

As a 4-3, this team is desperately needs a WILL and true 4-3 Ends. In a 3-4, I like their front 7 much more.
Shawn Crable? IR again this year.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 02:37 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shawn Crable? He's out for the year again, I believe.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 02:39 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Regular View Post
Shawn Crable? IR again this year.
Yeah, Crable.

Ouch.

I guess his career is done.

I still like this defense. I think they have a talented young developing secondary in Butler, Wheatley, Merriweather and Chung.

I like their dline of Green, Warren, and Wilfork/Brace.

They have a stoute presence inside with Mayo. They can always move Thomas back inside, but he's still a solid SAMbacker in the BP 3-4.

They just desperately need a pass rushing presence. I know thats what they got Burgess for, but I don't see it with him.

I like this defense. It won't be dominant this year, but give these guys another year, and I think they'll be in the right position to be dominant again. They're just missing a young up and coming pass rusher.
Old 09-06-2009, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Foosballphan
Rookie

Foosballphan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Foosballphan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Good luck in purgatory R. Seymour, at least you only have one year on your contract left.
Foosballphan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wtf @ Crable... smh

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 02:42 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was really disappointed Crable was IRd again. When he was taken of the PUP in training camp I was really looking forward to seeing him. I think he only played one preseason game last year and had a sack. But he looks like he could go down the same route as Chad Jackson did and get cut in a year or two.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The more I think about this move the more I don't like it for the Raiders a first round pick for a 30 year old DE/DT that has only played a full 16 game season twice and 9 years?
Old 09-06-2009, 02:47 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm not surprised.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Last edited by awfullyquiet : 09-06-2009 at 02:53 PM.
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 03:28 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know why people are doubting the Pats' ability to run a 3-4. They still have a great 3-4 end and nose in Warren and Wilfork. Neither of them would be as good in a 4-3. Then Jarvis Green is no slouch in the 5 position. And they have Brace as a backup.

Adalius Thomas is perfect for the 3-4 with all of his versatility. Burgess should be a good OLB, and Mayo is great on the inside.

I like them a lot more in a 3-4 actually. Their DL is much better suited for it, and so is Thomas.

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 03:32 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So who is starting next to Mayo now anyway?
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
You dont trade a Richard Seymour for a draft pick two years down the road and make yourself a better team. The defense hasnt been championship caliber for over a year now and it just got worse.
Richard Seymour isn't an impact player, he hasn't been for years. If you can get a first round pick for a declining 30 year old player who plays a position your team is very deep at and will be gone in a year, you do it.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 03:47 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basileus777 View Post
Richard Seymour isn't an impact player, he hasn't been for years. If you can get a first round pick for a declining 30 year old player who plays a position your team is very deep at and will be gone in a year, you do it.
I definitely think he can make an impact on the Raiders' front, he is on a whole other talent level than what they currently have at the position. If he's into it, that is, plus healthy. But Seymour is definitely still a very good football player. Still, not worth a first given age and other factors.

Honestly I feel like the Pats trading with the Raiders so often is like taking candy from a baby. Can Al get on the phone with other GMs please?
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whistler6 View Post
If it were the MLB, I'd say worth taking a shot for the Raiders. But a top 10 draft pick for a pro bowler who *will not* resign with the fuggly Raiders was all around stupid..

He gives them maybe 0.5 more wins this year?
Seymour has always struck me as a guy that just wants to get paid. If Oakland is willing to pay him, I think they can keep him.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a big fan of this move. We definitely needed DL help, but I'm not sure Seymour is the right fit. We need a run stuffing DT and a pass rushing DE, not a pass rushing DT or a run stuffing DE (in other words, pretty similar skillset to Kelly). I also don't like giving up a 1st rounder for someone who is A) in a contract year and B) made his name in a 3-4 because you don't know if he will be the same impact player in a 4-3. I also hate trading with the Pats, things just seem to go their way.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote