Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-08-2009, 01:10 AM    (permalink
Saints 4 Lyfe
Veteran

Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i for one can attest that Goodwin is average at best. if we could replace him we would.
Saints 4 Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 01:20 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate football outsiders and Mr. KC Joyner.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 01:24 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints 4 Lyfe View Post
i for one can attest that Goodwin is average at best. if we could replace him we would.
Bingo, bingo.

Quote:
he's my fantasy team's hidden gem for a reason
Too bad he like Reggie Bush can hardly seem to stay healthy.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 01:34 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I hate football outsiders and Mr. KC Joyner.
Any particular reasoning?

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 01:36 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
* These numbers do not separate the performance of a running back from the performance of his offensive line. (You'll find numbers that try to do that on this page.) Be aware that one will affect the other.
Quote:
I think a lot of it is that, but Carolina played similar teams, Atlanta, new Orleans and Tampa x2, and GB, Detroit and Chicago x1.

I think the opponents compared head to head is a bit of a wash, moreover. the idea behind the DVOA and DYAR rankings is to remove the bias that the opponent can provide.
I dare say the first comment goes a certain ways to explaining the second. They did play similar teams, but any unbiased fan would have to look at Carolina's OL and say it is far better than Minnesota's, which would probably explain why playing similar teams Williams is better.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 01:52 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Any particular reasoning?
Meh, it's all subjective. They're trying to have their own version of sabermetrics in football. But football isnt baseball, it's a lot tougher to be accurate. Baseball has a lot more to do with the indivisual player. They're cute to look at every now and then and some are useful but, some people live by this stuff now and I dont see why. There is just too much going on, on the field to get really accurate conclusions.

Some people love it, some dont. I'm not a big fan.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-08-2009 at 02:08 AM.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:06 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On TE's like Tony G and Kellen Winslow on passing downs blocking... you guys are saying it like it's a bad thing, I would never have those guys pass blocking... like ever, maybe a chip at most.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 02:12 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chad Pennington (MIA) is the NFL's all time leader in completion percentage with 66%. For having a noodle arm his Passer rating over 20 yard completions is 91.6

Of Fred Jackson's (BUF) 317 yards receiving in 2008 303 of them came after first contact.

Juqua Parker (PHI) had more QB pressures than all but four other players in the NFL.

Leroy Hill (SEA) missed half as many tackles as Julian Petersen (SEA) and one third as many as Lofa Tatupu (SEA)

Chris Gamble (CAR) was targeted more than any other corner in the NFL (124 times) by allowed only 56.6% of completions (less than Darelle Revis (NYJ) who allowed 58.3%). The 70 completed were for an average of 11.5 yards and only 3.6 YAC. Meaning Gamble allowed just 6.5 yards per attempt. Putting him at 9th best for coverage in the NFL.

Eric Wright (CLE) allowed the longest pass against him to go for 28 yards, better than anyone else in the NFL.

Scrabble (OAK) was in coverage on 486 plays last year, he was thrown to 30 times, of those 30 he allowed just 53% completion.

Last year David Garrard (JAC) suffered through 42 sacks and 47 dropped passes.

Greg Jones (JAC) was one of the best pass protectors in the league last year giving up just 2 pressures in 42 plays.

Derrick Mason (BAL) was one of the NFL's most dependable receivers with 68.4% of passes thrown his way hauled in.

Chad Greenway (MIN) should never be in coverage 84% of passes were completed against him, instead he should be turned loose against the QBs of the world (7 sacks) in 08.

Corey Webster (NYG) allowed just 40% of pass thrown his way to be completed, was thrown to the least in the NFL but still deflected more passes. He is the NFCs newest shutdown corner.

Sheldon Brown (PHI)
was thrown to less than Astante Samuel (PHI), allowed less TDs and gave up 12% less completions.

Sack numbers only indicate when a QB is tackled with the ball for a loss behind the LOS, when pressured the ability of a QB falls 37 points (passer rating) effectively. When pressured, Peyton Manning becomes Brad Johnson.

The three best teams last year at preventing pressures from turning to sacks i.e, QBs able to avoid pass rushers once they get off blocks were:
Indianapolis
New Orleans

Denver

Last edited by BlindSite : 09-08-2009 at 03:50 AM.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:14 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

Quote:
Meh, it's all subjective. They're trying to have their own version of sabermetrics in football. But football isnt baseball, it's a lot tougher to be accurate. Baseball has a lot more to do with the indivisual player. They're cute to look at every now and then and some are useful but, some people live by this stuff now and I dont see why. There is just too much going on, on the field to get really accurate conclusions.

Some people love it, some dont. I'm not a big fan.
I always try to use all three facets of a analysis when picking players or teams to focus on, what I see on game day, their basic stats (NFL.com) and the hidden stuff (parts of Outsiders). I don't think outsiders should be a bible, but I think it's a more accurate representation of passers and running backs than raw yardage.

Old 09-08-2009, 02:17 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

The Gamble one is interesting....it doesnt make a whole lot of sense why he was targeted so much, though. Ken Lucas was right over there.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-08-2009, 02:18 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
I always try to use all three facets of a analysis when picking players or teams to focus on, what I see on game day, their basic stats (NFL.com) and the hidden stuff (parts of Outsiders). I don't think outsiders should be a bible, but I think it's a more accurate representation of passers and running backs than raw yardage.
Yeah I can see that. I just get annoyed when people do use it like you said, a bible.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-08-2009, 02:23 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That Greenway one definitely confirms what my thoughts on him last year. He really struggled in coverage at times.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 02:26 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

Quote:
The Gamble one is interesting....it doesnt make a whole lot of sense why he was targeted so much, though. Ken Lucas was right over there.
Part of me thinks it's because Gamble was moved around a little bit last year, and because having a good running game put a lot of pressure on oppositions to try and move the ball down field through the air.

The final stats don't show it but for a long time last year Carolina was in the top 5 for pass defense, the final weeks where the defense sunk really hurt the overall look of the team. Gamble got big bucks pretty early in the process last year.

Corey Webster really surprised me, I thought the Giants homers were just being homers, but he really was a good CB last year.

Old 09-08-2009, 02:47 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Part of me thinks it's because Gamble was moved around a little bit last year, and because having a good running game put a lot of pressure on oppositions to try and move the ball down field through the air.

The final stats don't show it but for a long time last year Carolina was in the top 5 for pass defense, the final weeks where the defense sunk really hurt the overall look of the team. Gamble got big bucks pretty early in the process last year.

Corey Webster really surprised me, I thought the Giants homers were just being homers, but he really was a good CB last year.
We may be homers but we all hated corey webster until he decided to become a great corner, so we were bitter skeptics. But the dude's a stud, he's also a very good player against the run.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 03:41 AM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Chad Pennington (MIA) is the NFL's all time leader in passer rating.
Good stuff but i thought that stuck out, Brady and Manning both have higher

Manning - 94.7
Brady - 92.9
Pennington - 90.6

Daunte Culpepper was right up there too till his knee died and Randy didn't love him anymore.
7-11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 03:49 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7-11 View Post
Good stuff but i thought that stuck out, Brady and Manning both have higher

Manning - 94.7
Brady - 92.9
Pennington - 90.6

Daunte Culpepper was right up there too till his knee died and Randy didn't love him anymore.
I think it's a typo from the source, I think Pennington is actually the all time leader for completion % with 66/

Yeah, typo in the source, fixed for accuracy

Old 09-08-2009, 03:59 AM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think it's a typo from the source, I think Pennington is actually the all time leader for completion % with 66/

Yeah, typo in the source, fixed for accuracy
Ahh righto, he certainly is, followed by Kurt Warner i'm led to believe whom, barring injury, on November 15 against the Seahawks will have started more games for the Cardinals than the Rams.

Who would've thought!?

Had to add a random fact atleast in one of my posts.

Last edited by 7-11 : 09-08-2009 at 04:02 AM.
7-11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 04:04 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The three best teams last year at preventing pressures from turning to sacks i.e, QBs able to avoid pass rushers once they get off blocks were:
Indianapolis
New Orleans
Denver
i think this is very interesting for all the fans that said that Cutler mostly had a clean pocket and didnt have to move around a lot/or face a lot of pressure

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 07:20 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Chad Greenway (MIN) should never be in coverage 84% of passes were completed against him, instead he should be turned loose against the QBs of the world (7 sacks) in 08.
Something I have noticed is how little the Vikes blitz and how incredibly effective we have been when doing it. Just another element of out ultra conservative approach I guess...

As for Greenway, would be interested to see the general average for Tampa 2 LBs as their job in coverage is to protect the underneath and make the tackle before the first down. I would be interested to see some other LBs numbers on that stat and also what the average YAC and yardage in general is for Greenway as I personally noticed he gives up a lot of catches but very little yardage.

Quote:
Indianapolis
New Orleans
Denver
First two are obvious, Manning and Brees are notorious for getting it out quick and their ability to avoid the rush, also gives them more credit as both complete a very high % of their passes, which means they are almost certainly completing more passes under pressure than other QBs.

As for Cutler, this would go a long way to explaining why he throws so many picks, perhaps pushing throws out a bit early to avoid sacks, also a credit to him that he gets it out quickly and obviously does a good job avoiding rushers, though I think a large part of this would be having a consistent line in front so that you aren't having to avoid multiple rushers and all 3 of those teams have above average lines.

I also imagine the Vikes were pretty poor on this front, in a large part because you could almost guarantee that someone would be coming in untouched off an edge on every pass play and often their were two guys...

Quote:
Leroy Hill (SEA) missed half as many tackles as Julian Petersen (SEA) and one third as many as Lofa Tatupu (SEA)
Thats an interesting one. You could throw up that he wasn't in a position to make as many tackles as the other two also, so can really swing that either way, and even a missed tackle will influence a game, whether it be completely blowing it or forcing a player in a different direction/slowing them down.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 07:40 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
i think this is very interesting for all the fans that said that Cutler mostly had a clean pocket and didnt have to move around a lot/or face a lot of pressure
I think I remember hearing that though Denver gave up the fewest sacks last year, they also had the most QB pressures or something like that. Another thing Cutler didn't get credit for in Denver... elusiveness. He also is able to get the ball out and make a sack into an incompletion, or a completion isn some cases.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 07:44 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
Yeah, Denver weren't too bad, but they missed a lot of sacks being recorded through cutler's brilliance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
I think I remember hearing that though Denver gave up the fewest sacks last year, they also had the most QB pressures or something like that. Another thing Cutler didn't get credit for in Denver... elusiveness. He also is able to get the ball out and make a sack into an incompletion, or a completion isn some cases.
There are a few teams like that Indianapolis was a middle of the pack team for allowing pressure, but top for allowing sacks, Carolina was bottom three for allowing pressure but I think 9th in Sacks allowed.

There's a few teams out there with a similar situation.

Old 09-08-2009, 08:42 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
Stats arent everything.
I agree! I hate stats so much, and this fantasy football hype now that's taken off isn't helping!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:52 AM    (permalink
the dude
Rookie

the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

tony romo had the best qb rating in the 4. quarter with 114,7

kwame harris led the league in false starts with 15 (big surprise)
Old 09-08-2009, 09:09 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sheldon Brown (PHI) [/b]was thrown to less than Astante Samuel (PHI), allowed less TDs and gave up 12% less completions.
I'm just sayin'.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:12 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's not even remotely true.

i'm curious if you can quantify "a lot" by anything other than the pressures number. what is being counted as a pressure? is it a pressure if it comes after 6 seconds? or only before 4-5?
Cutler is a big mobile dude who moved around a heck of a lot and avoided would be sacks. If a rusher breaks free and the QB avoids getting dumped on his ass it's a pressure. I'll find the numbers.