Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-08-2009, 01:53 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I sure missed football.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 01:56 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
I think the Jets can upset the Texans in Houston too. In fact, I think I'll be picking the Jets to win that game.

Sure they are starting Young Sanchez, but if the OL plays well, their running game and passing game can find success. The Texans defense has some holes, they'll be inserting Dunta Robinson who missed all of camp and preseason, and Brian Cushing who missed most of it. Their other starting corner is struggling.

And on the other side of the ball, I think the Jets defense could frustrate the Texans offense. Put pressure on Schaub, who is nursing a tweaked ankle, although the Jets would be better if Calvin Pace wasn't serving a 4-game suspension.

Two other potential upsets I think could be brewing:

Dolphins over Falcons in Atlanta
Panthers over Eagles in Carolina
I think the loss of Pace realy hurts them because it means there is no real dominant pass rush threat. Darrelle Revis is a great young CB but he is going up against in my opinion the best WR in the NFL. Plus with Owen Daniels at TE and Slaton I think the Texans will be able to put up just enough points. I really think any team that scores more than 14 on a given week against the Jets will have a very good chance at winning the game. There is just not enough offense for them outside Leon Washington and Dustin Keller

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 03:19 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
Is Griffin your safety? So you will bring him in to blitz? Who is your other safety and is he good?
Yeah Michael Griffin is our FS. I dont know if you will see the Titans blitz too much because of our 44 sacks last year, only 4 came from players not playing on the D-line. Most of our razzle dazzle plays are from stunt plays where the DT lines outside and the DE tackle lines up inside, or they may line up normal and switch spots during the play. Chris Hope is our other saftey and he is our version of Taylor Mays meaning he is very good agianst preventing the big play and is a sure tackler, Griff is more of the ballhawking guy but he is a good tackler also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 04:26 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
Yeah Michael Griffin is our FS. I dont know if you will see the Titans blitz too much because of our 44 sacks last year, only 4 came from players not playing on the D-line. Most of our razzle dazzle plays are from stunt plays where the DT lines outside and the DE tackle lines up inside, or they may line up normal and switch spots during the play. Chris Hope is our other saftey and he is our version of Taylor Mays meaning he is very good agianst preventing the big play and is a sure tackler, Griff is more of the ballhawking guy but he is a good tackler also.
Ah i see.. Then BBD, I expect a lot of single high safety looks, if they plan on blitzing Griffin. If that is true, expect Hope to get targeted by OCs. That will be interesting to see if you indeed, throughout the season, blitz more with Griffin or not.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:22 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Titans v Steelers is certainly the game of the week.

Look forward to seeing the Vikes in a real game.

I think 49ers over Cards for the "upset" pick of the round, no real reason other than a gut feeling.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:37 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
I think the Jets can upset the Texans in Houston too. In fact, I think I'll be picking the Jets to win that game.

Sure they are starting Young Sanchez, but if the OL plays well, their running game and passing game can find success. The Texans defense has some holes, they'll be inserting Dunta Robinson who missed all of camp and preseason, and Brian Cushing who missed most of it. Their other starting corner is struggling.

And on the other side of the ball, I think the Jets defense could frustrate the Texans offense. Put pressure on Schaub, who is nursing a tweaked ankle, although the Jets would be better if Calvin Pace wasn't serving a 4-game suspension.

Two other potential upsets I think could be brewing:

Dolphins over Falcons in Atlanta
Panthers over Eagles in Carolina
I almost want to guarantee a W for Atlanta. The Falcons were 7-1 at home last year while the Dolphins had 0 wins on the road against a winning team, except when they unleashed the wildcat in NE. The Dolphins got away with 11 wins because they played a Brady-less AFC East, and the LOLworthy AFC and NFC West. I think they might come crashing down to earth, to be honest. I don't see their defense stopping the Falcons at home, but the Falcons D will have to step up and not allow too many big plays.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:12 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
7. The Chicago Bears will win the NFC North.

I've detailed my love for the 2009 Bears in columns throughout the summer, but I'm not sure I've put an official stamp on them for a division championship yet. Well, surprise! Congratulate your 09 NFC North champions. In a division with QB storylines surrounding Brett Favre in Minnesota, Matt Stafford in Detroit and Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay, I love Jay Cutler and the Bears.

With the league's easiest schedule, a franchise quarterback for the first time in decades and one of the NFL's most innovative defensive minds taking over play-calling duties (again), look for Chicago to bounce back from two straight mediocre seasons and host a playoff game come January.
He said what? Rest of the article I had no real problem with, but two things are just ridiculous about this comment...

1. The rest of the division gets the same schedule essentially. If anything the Packs have the easiest as they get Bucs/Cowboys over Falcons/Eagles and Panthers/Giants.

2. There is no way in hell that any division that has to face the AFC North is going to have the easiest schedule in the league. If you have to play the Steelers and Ravens whilst other teams face the AFC West, then you cant have the easiest schedule.

Pretty sure the teams with the easiest schedules would be the likes of San Diego who get to play the AFC West teams twice though they do get the NFC East and AFC North from memory, so maybe not. Can be certain that the NFC North teams don't have the easiest though.

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 09-08-2009, 09:28 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No offense to his bold prediction, but I think the Packers are going to win that division and the Lombardi trophy.

In my opinion, Aaron Rodgers is about to put himself in the conversation with Tom Brady and Peyton Manning. He is going to be that good. He was masterful in preseason and that offense looks like it can put up points on anyone.

Coming into the season, I thought the defense was going to struggle and kill their chances of making the playoffs, but it has looked good and before people dismiss it as preseason, consider the following:

Dom Capers, in his first year as DC, has had the #1 defense in the NFL on one team and the #5 defense in the NFL in his first year on another team. The Packers offense appears to be good enough where if Capers can just get it in the middle of the pack, they'll be set, but imagine for a second if Capers can get the Packers to be a top 5 defense?

Brett Favre may want revenge on the Packers, but I think the juggernaught that is the Green Bay Packers is going to make him wish he'd have stayed retired.

On the other side? I have the Ravens representing the AFC as much I hate that team. Their OLine is monstrous and combine that with Ray Rice, LaRon McLain, and Willis McGahee, they will be able to put up over 2,000 yards as a group. And all of that ability to run the ball will make Joe Flacco have an easy time passing the ball and he's a guy who can kill you with the deep ball.

Ed Reed is considering retiring after the season and I don't how many years the guys around Ray Lewis can continue making him look good, but they will push this team to make one final push to the Superbowl.

It's not going to be as remarkable as 3-13 to 13-3 and a ring for the Rams of '99, but 5-11 last year to a Superbowl this year will be extremely impressive.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:42 PM    (permalink
bam bam
Veteran

bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bam bam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

31-6 Ravens
bam bam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:56 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockey+Manning=Shocking View Post
Is Griffin your safety? So you will bring him in to blitz? Who is your other safety and is he good?
Chris Hope is the SS, and Griffin is the FS. Both went to the Pro Bowl last season. Griffin actually had 2 INT's last season in the game against Pittsburgh.

If Tennessee blitzes, it could really come from anywhere - NB, MLB, S, OLB. I don't think we'll blitz too frequently, though.

I'm really not too worried about the pass-rush. The Titans got 5 sacks in last year's game, and that was without Albert Haynesworth and Kyle Vanden Bosch in the line-up. Both missed the game with injuries.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 09:57 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

Quote:
No offense to his bold prediction, but I think the Packers are going to win that division and the Lombardi trophy.
Wouldn't go Lombardi far, I still see it being a "shock" if an NFC team were to win it all, but I picked them to win the division also.

Personally I think they have the best QB and WR in the division and if the line is healthy, probably the best line also. If Grant can stay healthy and be solid on the ground they should have the best offense in the division rather comfortably.

Defensively they probably have the two best LBs and CBs in the division. Kampman has looked solid as a rushbacker and Clay will be fine also. DL has looked good and if it holds up over the season(injuries have really hurt it the last 2 years) they will be fine on defense. On paper they probably have the most talent on the defensive side of the ball also. Of course none of this means anything if it doesn't all come together.

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 09-08-2009, 10:24 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
Wouldn't go Lombardi far, I still see it being a "shock" if an NFC team were to win it all, but I picked them to win the division also.

Personally I think they have the best QB and WR in the division and if the line is healthy, probably the best line also. If Grant can stay healthy and be solid on the ground they should have the best offense in the division rather comfortably.

Defensively they probably have the two best LBs and CBs in the division. Kampman has looked solid as a rushbacker and Clay will be fine also. DL has looked good and if it holds up over the season(injuries have really hurt it the last 2 years) they will be fine on defense. On paper they probably have the most talent on the defensive side of the ball also. Of course none of this means anything if it doesn't all come together.
I wouldn't say that Green Bay has the best offensive line in the division. That "honor", in my opinion goes to Minnesota. It is serviceable but not the best in the NFC North. We have an entirely new starting right side this year.

I hope you mean it when you say Clay Matthews will be fine, Nostradamus. Matthews looked solid in camp before he got hurt and now it's been nagging him throughout preseason.

Cullen Jenkins was playing at a pro bowl level last year before going down for the season. He will be the most vital part to our defense, yes whole defense, this year. If he goes down then our whole front 7 takes a huge hit, almost irreplaceable on the end which opens up our whole defense.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 11:16 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I ignored all the reading I was supposed to do for class and I put together some predictions on the season, and I felt I wasn't important enough to have my own thread, without further ado.....

AFC East
1. Patriots (14-2)
2. Dolphins (7-9)
3. Bills (7-9)
4. Jets (7-9)

AFC North
1. Steelers (13-3)
2. Ravens (12-4)
3. Browns (5-11)
4. Bengals (3-13)

AFC South
1. Colts (12-4)
2. Texans (10-6)
3. Titans (8-8)
4. Jaguars (7-9)

AFC West
1. Chargers (9-7)
2. Chiefs (6-10)
3. Broncos (5-11)
4. Raiders (5-11)

NFC East
1. Eagles (13-3)
2. Giants (10-6)
3. Cowboys (8-8)
4. Redskins (6-10)

NFC North
1. Vikings (11-5)
2. Packers (11-5)
3. Bears (8-8)
4. Lions (4-12)

NFC South
1. Saints (9-7)
2. Falcons (8-8)
3. Buccaneers (6-10)
4. Panthers (6-10)

NFC West
1. Cardinals (10-6)
2. Seahawks (8-8)
3. 49ers (6-10)
4. My Rams (2-14)

Playoffs
Colts (12-4) over Texans (10-6)
Ravens (12-4) over Chargers (9-7)
Cardinals (10-6) over Giants (10-6)
Packers (11-5) over Saints (9-7)

Steelers (13-3) over Colts (13-4)
Patriots (14-2) over Ravens (13-4)
Cardinals (11-6) over Vikings (11-5)
Eagles (13-3) over Packers (12-5)

Patriots (15-2) over Steelers (14-4)
Eagles (14-3) over Cardinals (12-6)

PATRIOTS (16-2) OVER EAGLES (15-3)
Patriots win the super bowl at 17-2.

Approximate Draft Order without trades and any scientific **** like that.....
1. My Rams (2-14)
2. Bengals (3-13)
3. Lions (4-12)
4. Raiders (5-11)
5. Broncos (5-11)
6. Browns (5-11)
7. Chiefs (6-10)
8. Panthers (6-10)
9. Buccaneers (6-10)
10. 49ers (6-10)
11. Redskins (6-10)
12. Jets (7-9)
13. Bills (7-9)
14. Dolphins (7-9)
15. Jaguars (7-9)
16. Falcons (8-8)
17. Seahawks (8-8)
18. Bears (8-8)
19. Titans (8-8)
20. Cowboys (8-8)
21. Chargers (9-8)
22. Saints (9-8)
23. Texans (10-7)
24. Giants (10-7)
25. Packers (12-6)
26. Vikings (11-6)
27. Ravens (13-5)
28. Colts (13-5)
29. Cardinals (12-7)
30. Steelers (14-4)
31. Eagles (15-4)
32. Patriots (17-2)

Last edited by yodabear : 09-08-2009 at 11:21 PM.
yodabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 11:28 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I wouldn't say that Green Bay has the best offensive line in the division. That "honor", in my opinion goes to Minnesota. It is serviceable but not the best in the NFC North. We have an entirely new starting right side this year.
I don't know if I would say that.Minny is starting a new center and a rookie RT. I don't know anyone in the NFC north really has a dominant OL.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 09-08-2009 at 11:32 PM.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 11:50 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
I wouldn't get your hopes up too much about Greg Williams. Ron Meeks would have been a much better hire for you guys, IMO.
Ron Meeks? The same Ron Meeks that is easily the most vanilla DC in the league?

Haha, i guess neither of us are big fans of our ex defensive coordinators.
7-11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 12:12 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I like your line more to be honest. We have a guy who may as well be a rookie replacing our 2nd best linemen. Loadholt is a rookie but if he isnt an upgrade at RT anyway I would be shocked. Herrera is solid, McKinnie is fine until you ask him to pass block. Just not sold on our line, I think the + Loadholt - Birk thing puts us about where we were last year, which is average in run blocking and below average at pass protection. You guys, if healthy, have the most cohesive looking line. Bears are also on the same sort of level if healthy, which is an even bigger if for them.

Basically, Vikes have the "healthiest" line, Bears probably have the most talented and Vikes have the most cohesive. None of them are outstanding, basically 3 lines that define average.

Quote:
I hope you mean it when you say Clay Matthews will be fine, Nostradamus. Matthews looked solid in camp before he got hurt and now it's been nagging him throughout preseason.
I think health may always be a thing with him, but I like him as a prospect anyway, probably the type of guy who will play 12-14 games a season though. I'm a massive Hawk and Barnett fan though, just got to find a way to best utilise them in a 3-4 which really doesn't appear to suit their strengths, but both are so talented they will make it work.

Quote:
Cullen Jenkins was playing at a pro bowl level last year before going down for the season. He will be the most vital part to our defense, yes whole defense, this year. If he goes down then our whole front 7 takes a huge hit, almost irreplaceable on the end which opens up our whole defense.
Basically he is the guy, he can be your Seymour pretty much in that 3-4. I hope Raji gets plenty of time also, he can be special for you guys. My biggest concern was with Kampman, but he has been fine so far, he always looked so robotic and stiff when he was upright that I worried about him from a standing start, but he looks fine and I think there is little doubt you guys have by far the best secondary in the division. I would argue you have the 2 of the 3 best CBs and the best safeties.

That all said, your defense has been more than a little bit injury prone and your backups are not in the same class as your starters. That said, I expect all 4 teams to be solid on defense, Bears and Lions are a notch below the other two, but all should be solid, its the offensive class that seperates Green Bay.

It should also be one of the most competitive divisions. NFC East, AFC South and AFC North are the only divisions that I look at as on an equal level as far as competition and actually producing a superbowl winner.

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 09-09-2009, 12:35 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the NFC North this year. But when all is said and done I look for these factors to play a role:

1. Brett Favre will fade down the stretch. This isn't even a question. He doesn't have the youthful vigor or the conditioning from training camp to sustain production past the few two months of the season.

2. Jay Cutler is great, so is Matt Forte; that being said I think the Bears' lack of receivers, pass rush and secondary will be their undoing.

Ergo I like the Packers in this division.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 12:39 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I love the NFC North this year. But when all is said and done I look for these factors to play a role:

1. Brett Favre will fade down the stretch. This isn't even a question. He doesn't have the youthful vigor or the conditioning from training camp to sustain production past the few two months of the season.

2. Jay Cutler is great, so is Matt Forte; that being said I think the Bears' lack of receivers, pass rush and secondary will be their undoing.

Ergo I like the Packers in this division.
I don't think Cutler will have a great year in his first season with the Bears. I am not saying that he will be bad, but I think he takes too many risks for their style of play (good defense and running game).

The Packers defense is really talented. Cullen Jenkins displayed his importance to the team when he went down last year. BJ Raji was a top pick. Kampman was a great DE and looks to have made a good transition. Nick Barnett, Clay Matthews, and AJ Hawk round out the LB corp, which is pretty insane (if Barnett can play at his previous level and Matthews and Hawk live up to their potential, then thats a great unit). We already know about the beastliness of Charles Woodson and add a playmaking safety in Nick Collins, even the secondary doesn't look bad. Thats a lot of talent. Its almost scary to think that Dom Capers might utilize it all.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 01:17 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
You forgot the Jags over the Colts in Indy ;)
Yeah ... that must ... have slipped ... my mind ...

Old 09-09-2009, 01:33 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

Quote:
It's not just their secondary. The DL has been horrible(injuries haven't helped) and their LB group has quite possibly become the weakest part of the defense. In fact, based on last years performance you could argue their secondary as their best performed defensive unit.

Quote:
I am not saying that he will be bad, but I think he takes too many risks for their style of play (good defense and running game).
They are in serious trouble then. The defense is below average, has been for a couple of years and is trending downwards to boot and their running game is average at best. Below 4ypc, 15TDs, close to half by QBs is not a running game you will succeed with if you have a bad year from the QB. Basically the Bears go backwards unless Cutler lifts them.

Quote:
We already know about the beastliness of Charles Woodson and add a playmaking safety in Nick Collins, even the secondary doesn't look bad.
Throw in Harris and Bigby and you have a damn good secondary if it stays healthy, amongst the best in the league even. Tramon Williams looks pretty damn good as well for the longterm. The more you look at that defense, the scarier it actually is, from the youngest team in the league no less... It makes me a little sick inside ;)

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 09-09-2009, 01:33 AM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
I think the loss of Pace realy hurts them because it means there is no real dominant pass rush threat. Darrelle Revis is a great young CB but he is going up against in my opinion the best WR in the NFL. Plus with Owen Daniels at TE and Slaton I think the Texans will be able to put up just enough points. I really think any team that scores more than 14 on a given week against the Jets will have a very good chance at winning the game. There is just not enough offense for them outside Leon Washington and Dustin Keller
Thing is we can just do one thing to HOU if their Run D looked that bad as it did vs MIN(I know Jones is no All Day but he had the better year last yr in terms of rushing yds I think) is we can control the clock and just keep running, running and running with the occasional dink and dunk/small throws by Sanchez to keep the D's honest....since Sanchez will probably be babied early in the year.

You control the clock and keep that Houston offense off the field, its a win. It'll get the QB and O-Line off sync and off rhythm and will give them less of a chance to fire up on our lack of a pass rush.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 02:11 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Thing is we can just do one thing to HOU if their Run D looked that bad as it did vs MIN(I know Jones is no All Day but he had the better year last yr in terms of rushing yds I think) is we can control the clock and just keep running, running and running with the occasional dink and dunk/small throws by Sanchez to keep the D's honest....since Sanchez will probably be babied early in the year.
Outside of that one run their run D was actually really good against us, DeMeco Ryans was beasting out there. I'm picking the Texans in this one but it would not surprise me at all if the Jets did win, they have a lot of talent through out their team, especially in the trenches.

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 09-09-2009, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Texans are getting Brian Cushing and Dunta Robinson back for week 1. I think their D will be better than what they showed this preseason.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:43 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
Chris Hope is the SS, and Griffin is the FS. Both went to the Pro Bowl last season. Griffin actually had 2 INT's last season in the game against Pittsburgh.

If Tennessee blitzes, it could really come from anywhere - NB, MLB, S, OLB. I don't think we'll blitz too frequently, though.

I'm really not too worried about the pass-rush. The Titans got 5 sacks in last year's game, and that was without Albert Haynesworth and Kyle Vanden Bosch in the line-up. Both missed the game with injuries.
It will be an interesting game that's for sure. I am sure both teams will use last years game as a model as well as the most recent games too. But I am curious to see how many times you guys blitz. I know LeBeau will send his guys after Carrie Collins, so it will be interesting to see how and where you guys bring pressure from when you do blitz.

We had 5 sacks as well, but that happens when you play the Steelers.. Ben holds the ball til the last moment which is a double edge sword. So I would guess you would get some tomorrow just because he is waiting until the last moment to find someone.

Last edited by NY+Giants=NYG : 09-09-2009 at 11:46 AM.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
It's not just their secondary. The DL has been horrible(injuries haven't helped) and their LB group has quite possibly become the weakest part of the defense. In fact, based on last years performance you could argue their secondary as their best performed defensive unit.
Wait what? that is laughable....

also the DL is being taught by one of the best DL Coaches in the league right now, so yea there should be improvement. Secondary is by far the worst unit on the defense. Bowman and Steltz might start, two guys who havent started a game yet

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote