Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-08-2009, 12:02 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default College Gameday Thread: Week 2

Discuss week 2 games here.

Solid ACC match up Thursday, Clemson @ GT.

Noon games kinda suck again. Central Michigan/Michigan State might be a decent match up. Notre Dame @ Meeeeeeeechigan looks like it could be a solid shoot out, South Carolina/UGA, Vandy/LSU and Miss St/Auburn are some SEC match ups. USC @ Ohio State is easily the game of the week.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/schedule

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Might look like the game out the week, but i'm not that optomistic. I'm expecting an easy win for USC and that defense. As long as they get the run game going and don't rely on Barkley, they have an easy time beating OSU.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 12:20 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Byu Cougars Son!

Last edited by draftguru151 : 09-08-2009 at 03:08 PM.
YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know USC/Ohio State is the marquee game of the week, but for some reason, I'm actually looking forward to Notre Dame/Michigan a lot more.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:55 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
I know USC/Ohio State is the marquee game of the week, but for some reason, I'm actually looking forward to Notre Dame/Michigan a lot more.
Agreed i know it's not a bigger game on the bcs stage but im interested to see if Michigan can start competing and Notre Dame looked awful good in week 1 but Michigan is a tougher opp
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 12:57 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Because ND/Michigan won't be a slaughter

Old 09-08-2009, 01:27 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really want payback against UCLA for last year's debacle. I'm talking like, 28 points or more payback.
Old 09-08-2009, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
I really want payback against UCLA for last year's debacle. I'm talking like, 28 points or more payback.
Don't get ahead of yourself, just take a win.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 02:37 PM    (permalink
OregonDucks
Rookie

OregonDucks is a cocksman.OregonDucks is a cocksman.OregonDucks is a cocksman.

Gameday in columbus this week?
OregonDucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cincinatti against Oregon State should determine how well the greatest QB prospect ever, Tony Pike, does against a very new Oregon State defense.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 03:01 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonDucks View Post
Yep, I'm not sure if I'll be there or not.

A couple of my buddies are going to make a sign that has Terrelle Pryor's head eating Matt Barkley's head. TP's mouth will be able to move up and down and they are going to put Barkley's head in an out of it.

Sounds kinky, but you know what I mean.

BTW, I'm taking Notre Dame to destroy Michigan. No homerism there, just legit thought.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonDucks View Post
Yep Gameday will be just north of the Shoe. They were there last year for Penn State and it was ridiculous all day long.

Old 09-08-2009, 03:08 PM    (permalink
CLong4Heisman
Veteran

CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont think Tater Tot is going to be able to handle Tenutas blitz packages. I like ND 31 Michigan 13.
CLong4Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 03:14 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CLong4Heisman View Post
I dont think Tater Tot is going to be able to handle Tenutas blitz packages. I like ND 31 Michigan 13.
I wish I was as confident as you are. If michigan held on a bit better to the ball last time around it would have been quite a close game. Not saying I think ND will lose cuz I think we will win but its gonna be a really tough affair probably. Playing in the big house and having big10 refs wont help either. Im curious how well our OLine stacks up against michigans DLine cuz we looked pretty solid against two pretty decent pass rushers from nevada but although they are solid (the only real solid thing about their D) they are no brandon graham.

Go Irish!

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 03:31 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll be surprised if Notre Dame blows out Michigan. We outplayed Notre Dame last year in South Bend, except for turnovers and penalties. Those two killed any chances we had at winning. This year, both teams are improved but the game is in Ann Arbor. If Steven Threet was able to play well against Tenuta's defense last year, I don't see any reason to believe Tate won't be able to handle it this year, with an improved offensive line. It should be a close game.

The only thing that really worries me about Notre Dame are the receivers, Floyd and Tate. Warren is good, but he's prone to pass interference calls and I expect him to get one or two against Floyd, although Notre Dame won't be getting the borderline calls like they did last year. Cissoko has come on real stong as well, but I'm not sure he's fast enough to handle Tate on his own and I don't trust our safeties. If Brandon Graham plays half as good as he did against Western Michigan, that should be enough to make Jimmy uncomfortable and take pressure off of the secondary.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Notre Dame will win this one because of a little more experience at the widouts and the QB position. Not sure the Irish could stop a strong running game but i dont know if Michigan has that. Look for the Irish secondary, especially Harrison Smith, to have a big game.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Marino13
Veteran

Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Marino13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I think Notre Dame will win this one because of a little more experience at the widouts and the QB position. Not sure the Irish could stop a strong running game but i dont know if Michigan has that. Look for the Irish secondary, especially Harrison Smith, to have a big game.
I think a strong running game is something we actually do have. Against Western Michigan, we didn't really use a go-to guy but had over 200 rushing yards. Carlos Brown, Brandon Minor, and Michael Shaw are all decent backs, and Vincent Smith has looked great in every camp. So IMO the run game isn't a big problem.

The thing with Notre Dame that scares me is the passing game. Warren and Cissoko will get roughed up a bit by Tate and Floyd, but what scares me is the depth behind them, and having to rely on Stevie Brown covering TEs now.
Marino13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Agreed. It's the most important game of the year for ND imo. Tennessee/UCLA is another game I'm looking forward to.
Old 09-08-2009, 04:43 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really am interested in the upcoming weekend. Gotta find a way to get my physics report done in the morning so I can catch ND versus Michigan. Given that I live in NY, there is not a lot of regional action except for Rutgers and they kinda showed versus Cincy that its going to be a down year. I think this game will put Claussen further in the Heisman discussion (though the USC will probably be the big one that will either crush his status or make him a legit contender). I also want to see USC v. OSU, cause they have perhaps the most hyped QB's in college football. I want to see how Barkley can do against a team that can take away the run, and I want to see if Pryor can step up his game versus a team he could face in a national championship

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

OSU couldn't take away the run against Navy, I doubt they'll be able to slow down USC's stable of runningback. If USC stays committed to the run, they'll get the win.

Old 09-08-2009, 04:47 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
OSU couldn't take away the run against Navy, I doubt they'll be able to slow down USC's stable of runningback. If USC stays committed to the run, they'll get the win.
I dunno, it may be more of they just couldn't stop the option. I'd like to see how they do versus a Pro style running attack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 05:32 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Don't get ahead of yourself, just take a win.
I'm not getting ahead of myself. I'd want to spank them even if we were a team that's supposed to go 0-12 this year.
Old 09-08-2009, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rebs get a bye this week.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 05:49 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
I think this game will show where you guys are... I expect you to win, but by how much will be the real display of how far you've come.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 06:18 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

The athleticism of Florida State scares me.