Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-13-2009, 01:43 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't even realize that Zach Maynard threw for 400 today.
It ended up being a bad loss and there were a lot of yards after the catch today, but 400 and 4 TD against a BCS team in his second career start is pretty nice.
Roosevelt could've had huge numbers if he didn't keep cramping up in the second half. We were killing them with slants, and nobody else on this team can touch what he does in that kind of space.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 03:31 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
I only caught the 4th qtr of the GA/S. Carolina game- How did Garcia look?
Really good, actually. He was staying in the pocket much longer and making plenty of plays with his feet. He could have had an even bigger game if it wasnt for penalties. His accuracy was dead on for the majority of the game, despite completing just under 60%. We need get Tori Gurley to catch all these passes that are bouncing off his chest and face mask. Garcia needs to put more on most of his deep balls and he needs to work on keeping his eyes downfield when being rushed but, he may just become a star after all. It looks like he's finally arrived.

I also have to mention that our pass blocking was fantastic tonight. Cant run block to save their lives but, they can hold their own against the pass now. Garcia has time, a giant reliable TE (soon to be recognized as one of the best in the nation), and a stable of exciting young receivers. He should have a big year.

I'm really disappointed but, atleast it looks like we finally found a QB. But if we won this one, they could have gone on a nice little run. They may make some noise this year and next season could be their year to shine. Considering almost everyone is coming back.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-13-2009 at 03:39 AM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 05:03 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just watched the UCLA @ Tennessee game.
WTF is the point of video reviews when they get it wrong after the review????
Its like the third time ive seen it in two games this weekend.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 05:43 AM    (permalink
iworshipbender
Pro Bowler

iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iworshipbender is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
I hate this Purdue QB, but I loveeeeeee watching Oregon lose
Just imagine how the past six years have been for me. :)

I SUPPORT A GREENER OREGON
iworshipbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:25 AM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last night's game was amazing. The intensity of the crowd was unreal, especially around mid fourth quarter, the loudest I have heard it since the two years I have been here. They played a great game and I think it would have had a different result had Tressel and Co. knew how to call a game.

A couple things...Devier Posey is a stud. He was motivated throughout the entire game and if Pryor develops as projected, Posey is going to be one of the best WR's in the nation. Also, Nathan Williams, a situational pass-rusher (sophomore) has a bright future ahead of him. He is very explosive and uses his hands extremely well.

Great environment last night, just a shame it ended the way it did.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFLO View Post
Last night's game was amazing. The intensity of the crowd was unreal, especially around mid fourth quarter, the loudest I have heard it since the two years I have been here. They played a great game and I think it would have had a different result had Tressel and Co. knew how to call a game.

A couple things...Devier Posey is a stud. He was motivated throughout the entire game and if Pryor develops as projected, Posey is going to be one of the best WR's in the nation. Also, Nathan Williams, a situational pass-rusher (sophomore) has a bright future ahead of him. He is very explosive and uses his hands extremely well.

Great environment last night, just a shame it ended the way it did.
Great game, not sure if you were there or watched it. I agree on your points, Tressel must have gone to the same coaching school as Charlie Weis who was brutal down the stretch against Michigan. Pete Carroll is a great coach, he hung in there best he could knowing that OL at some point with Joe McNight getting his touches would have a chance.

I think Pryor gets crucified a little too much. Personally i think he's probably going to be a WR (sort of Matt Jones like) but he's a heck of an athlete.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 02:36 PM    (permalink
JoeyJr09
Veteran

JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.JoeyJr09 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
To me it sounds like you are talking about more than just tonight. You need to realize that until this year Taylor was not asked to be a factor in the run game. Until this year he has played the centerfield in a cover 1 defense and has been the reason that USC does not give up any deep balls.

This year he has been moved around a little bit, they are asking him to play some more in the box and until he got hurt tonight he was very successful at that. He was getting down hill and stopping the run, and was being very physical. Once he got hurt, it looked like they put him in the outfield a little bit.
This is the same excuse making you always hear from USC fans in regards to Taylor Mays. It's complete and utter BS if you ask me.

If Taylor Mays is really as good as USC fans like to make him out to be, then why on earth wouldn't a coaching staff as smart as USC's put him in the best position to make game changing plays, instead of just asking him not to give up a big play.

Does that even remotely make any sense to do that?
JoeyJr09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:31 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

jack tatum. still badass, haha.
Old 09-13-2009, 09:52 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJr09 View Post
This is the same excuse making you always hear from USC fans in regards to Taylor Mays. It's complete and utter BS if you ask me.

If Taylor Mays is really as good as USC fans like to make him out to be, then why on earth wouldn't a coaching staff as smart as USC's put him in the best position to make game changing plays, instead of just asking him not to give up a big play.

Does that even remotely make any sense to do that?
He does what they need him to do, Last night you saw him flying to the ball and making a difference until he got hurt, and he kinda got lost.

you gotta realize that they put him in position to do what he does best. They dont ask him to do more than that.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 09:56 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
He does what they need him to do, Last night you saw him flying to the ball and making a difference until he got hurt, and he kinda got lost.

you gotta realize that they put him in position to do what he does best. They dont ask him to do more than that.
Yeah lay people out, my bad lay WR out.