Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 03-24-2010, 10:57 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ricky Sapp is god awful. His move is to run pass the OT, he has been injury prone, and hasn't done anything till the second half of the year. On running plays he gets man handled.

Old 03-24-2010, 11:09 AM    (permalink
eagles6606
Rookie

eagles6606 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eagles6606 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eagles6606 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eagles6606 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eagles6606 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eagles6606 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eagles6606 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eagles6606 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eagles6606 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eagles6606 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eagles6606 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubulubu View Post
Somebody will slip thru the cracks and the Eagles will jump on him ala Jeremy Mc. If that does not happen, then I see our selfs trading down. Honestly, I dont see why they would trade down, as opposed of trading up. I know they just traded for tapp, but if a Brandon Graham is available in the teens I see AR, pulling the trigger.
I agree with you. I think this year the Eagles will look to move up, not down. The most likely target is a DE or FS. Look for the Eagles to move up and get a Derrick Morgan, Taylor Mays, or Earl Thomas.
eagles6606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 11:44 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles6606 View Post
I agree with you. I think this year the Eagles will look to move up, not down. The most likely target is a DE or FS. Look for the Eagles to move up and get a Derrick Morgan, Taylor Mays, or Earl Thomas.
Graham, Iupati, and Davis are possibilities as well if they look to trade up.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 02:05 PM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fair enough i will keep it to six per position.

Sig by Bone Krusher
frubulubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 05:20 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Sapp but I see his best fit coming as a 3-4 OLB.
Todd Bertuzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 02:52 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
I like Sapp but I see his best fit coming as a 3-4 OLB.
He is a little slender for my liking (no ****) but if since we have our starting DL in order right now, and we need a situational pass rushing DE, he can be groomed into a great speed rush DE for us.

Old 03-25-2010, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I think he can play 4-3 end too. He has the height, he would just need to hit the gym hard his first year and put on weight like you said. Love his motor although he can be pretty inconsistent.
Todd Bertuzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 10:38 PM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sapp, can develop, with out being pushed to start. We lost Howard, Babin and Clemons in the offseason. With the addition of Tapp, I could see the team drafting two ends. Any more comments on the ends before I move on to the next position?

Sig by Bone Krusher
Old 03-26-2010, 06:11 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Sapp, can develop, with out being pushed to start. We lost Howard, Babin and Clemons in the offseason. With the addition of Tapp, I could see the team drafting two ends. Any more comments on the ends before I move on to the next position?
As I've said, two DEs drafted is something that I see as possible, but the team could also draft a DE and another DT, or just draft one DE and go with 9 DL on the final roster, it all depends where the value is.

Old 03-26-2010, 11:45 PM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

Heckert's departure to Cleveland, also ment that four of our scouts left with him to the Browns. Does anyone see that affecting our draft this year?

Sig by Bone Krusher
Old 03-26-2010, 11:50 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Heckert's departure to Cleveland, also ment that four of our scouts left with him to the Browns. Does anyone see that affecting our draft this year?
Of course it will if college scouts were taken out of their positions, we'll just see if it affects the scouting department as a whole better or worse. If the scouts that left were just NFL scouts and not college scouts, and none of the old college scouts took over NFL scouting positions, it won't affect the drafts at all. Who all left?

Old 03-27-2010, 08:41 AM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

According to "bleedinggreen.com" The Eagles had a visit with University of Buffalo safety Mike Newton. They also say that the Eagles will have Eric Berry for a visit. Even if we traded with Oakland and got thier 8th pick, I dont think Berry would be available.

Sig by Bone Krusher
Old 03-27-2010, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

Quote:
According to "bleedinggreen.com" The Eagles had a visit with University of Buffalo safety Mike Newton. They also say that the Eagles will have Eric Berry for a visit. Even if we traded with Oakland and got thier 8th pick, I dont think Berry would be available.
He's not going to be picked at #1-#4.

Kansas City is more than likely going to pick a LT with the #5 pick or trade down. I'd be shocked if Pioli picks a safety with the #5 pick.

So that leaves the #6 and #7 picks of Seattle and Cleveland. Seattle and Cleveland *might* select Berry with their picks, but they also have other big needs that they might want to fill instead. Seattle might want C.J. Spiller, Jimmy Clausen, or a LT, and Cleveland might want Joe Haden instead of Berry.

But if the Eagles do get the #8 pick and truly desire Berry, and feel that either Seattle or Cleveland will pick him if given the opportunity, they can package something to move up from #8 to #5, as Kansas City will probably be more than willing to trade down if given the opportunity, and then the Eagles will be guaranteed to get Berry at the #5 spot.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 01:30 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright Morton, how is this for upside in the draft:
Trade McNabb for a top 42 pick in the second round (I don't want to go through the logistics and figure out who)
Browns sign Gocong which means they give us a 4th round pick

1- Kyle Wilson CB Boise St.- This guy has upside coming out the ears IMO. When you think of this guy think Asante Samuel but younger, faster than Asante ever was and more adept in man coverage. He has the ability to run with anyone, stick with receivers in and out of their breaks and he has really fluid hips. His ball skills are some of the best in the draft knocking away 27 passes and snatching 11 interceptions in his 4 years at Boise St. During his senior year teams stopped testing him so his numbers were on a downward trend. But what really seals the deal on this Asante Samuel comparison is his tackling skills, which like Asante aren’t very good. Actually I changed my mind, the dreadlocks sealed the deal on this comparison. He is also a good punt returner 12.5 yards a return for his career with 3 touchdowns.

*For the rest I don’t feel like doing drawn out explanations so…

2- Nate Allen S USF- well rounded, intelligent, hardworking, rangy and good tackling safety

2- Dexter McCluster WR/RB/KR Ole Miss.- Explosive offensive weapon in dimunitive form just like the Eagles like, he will be a Y receiver, a 3rd down RB and a kick returner.

3- John Jerry OG Ole Miss- Road grader in the run game who can pass block as well, stamina issues force him to fall but if he is in shape he is every bit as talented as Mike Iupati as a OG.

3-Donald Butler LB Washington- Well rounded linebacker who can play the run, play the pass, blitz and he can play sideline to sideline. Also he is very versatile.

4- Rahim Alem DE LSU- Situational pass rusher, nice burst off the line and should be a nice addition to the rotation.

4- Rennie Curran LB Georgia- Ferocious and fiery linebacker who is short but he is aggressive, extremely strong and can hold up in run defense and in pass defense, he is short and super stocky.

5- Al Woods NT LSU- Run stuffer and nothing more at this point, has loads of potential and he is needed so that Leonard Davis doesn’t own Mike Patterson against the run anymore.
-http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Al-Woods-hidden-gem-in-a-deep-DL-class.html

6- Zoltan Mesko P Michigan- Beast. He is huge, makes tackles, he is a great kickoff guy and he is much much much better than Sav Rocca. Plus his name is awesome.

7- Dedrick Epps TE Miami- A TE who is well rounded, he can catch and he can block, he plays with a lot of enthusiasm.

7- Matt Nichols QB Eastern Washington- A late QB pick with potential, think Tony Romo when you think of this guy, he is mobile and he has a creative element to his game.

Basically the point of this draft is to beat the Cowboys, the Eagles were completely dominated in the field position battle so the Eagles bring in Kyle Wilson, Dexter McCluster and Zoltan Mesko to help fix that, they’re all good special teams players. The Eagles secondary really struggled so the Eagles bring in Kyle Wilson and Nate Allen who would shore up the secondary. The Eagles had a hard time creating holes up the middle of the defense, enter John Jerry. The Eagles linebackers looked completely awful, enter Rennie Curran and Donald Butler. And the Eagles defensive tackles couldn’t stop the run up the middle to save their lives against Felix Jones, enter Al Woods.

QB- Kolb/ Vick/ Nichols
RB- McCoy/ Bell/ Buckley
FB- Weaver
WR- X- Maclin Z- Jackson Y- Avant; Baskett, McCluster

TE- Celek/ Ingram/ Rucker
LT- Peters
LG- Herramens/ Andrews
C- Cole/ McGlynn/ Jackson (hurt)
RG- Jerry/ Jean-Giles
RT- Justice/ Tupou

LE- Tapp/ Parker/ Abiamiri
LDT- Patterson/Woods
RDT- Bunkley/ Dixon
RE- Cole/ Alem

SLB- Butler/ Fokou
MLB- Bradley/ Gaither
WLB- Jordan/ Curran

CB- Samuel/ Brown/ Wilson/ Hanson/ Hobbs
FS- Jackson/ Harris/ Demps
SS- Mikell/ Allen

K- Akers
P- Mesko
LS- Dorenbos
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 03:32 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I swear if the Eagles draft Carlos Dunlap or Taylor Mays I am going to want to kill something, those two are epic busts in the making. Just thinking of those two in midnight green makes me cringe... Ugh... Terrible mental image.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:26 AM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can see Carlos Dunlap having a Michael Johnson-esque fall, and I can't say I'd be against giving him a shot in the 3rd, but that's as early as I'd take him.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:45 AM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

Thump, is that your new mock?

Sig by Bone Krusher
Old 03-28-2010, 11:07 AM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

I would love it if we took Mays. I think he would thrive in our scheme, especially with Dick Jauron working with him. He seems like one of those layers who ends up being a lot more productive in the pros than in college.
Old 03-28-2010, 11:32 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
I swear if the Eagles draft Carlos Dunlap or Taylor Mays I am going to want to kill something, those two are epic busts in the making. Just thinking of those two in midnight green makes me cringe... Ugh... Terrible mental image.
Dunlap yeah, i fail to see how May is going to be a bust. He doesn't have the hips to play man to man in coverage, but he has the size to stop the run which we have seen him do and he has the ability to play deep and cover and lay people out. Don't give me that he doesn't make plays in the secondary like ints. There are only a handful of safeties in the league that are that impact full in the secondary. Even Brain Dawkins wasn't an Int machine, but he could play the run, drop back in coverage and lay hits.

Not trying to compare him to Dawkins but just saying I don't see how he is gonna be a bust. He is a hard worker, and has the intangibles. Dunlap on the other hand is lazy, slow on tape and doesn't look like he wants to give an effort.

Last edited by brat316 : 03-28-2010 at 11:40 AM.
brat316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Okay here is the problem, Dawkins played some CB in college and developed into a stud FS later in his career at Clemson. Brian Dawkins had amazing hips and he was top notch in coverage.

Here is my problem with Taylor Mays, he has no instincts, no ball skills and isn't good in run support. Taylor Mays overruns plays going for the huge hit, he doesn't wrap up and he takes some bad angles. In coverage Taylor Mays is pretty good in deep zone coverage but in man coverage he lacks the agility and quickness to stay with receivers and he has tight hips. And his ball skills are non-existent. He is big and fast, all I'm seeing is Laron Landry part 2. Honestly if I want big hits in the secondary, I'm taking Major Wright who can actually play in man coverage and zone coverage and has actually played well in run support.
Old 03-28-2010, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Thump, is that your new mock?
yezzir it is
Old 03-28-2010, 01:56 PM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
3- John Jerry OG Ole Miss- Road grader in the run game who can pass block as well, stamina issues force him to fall but if he is in shape he is every bit as talented as Mike Iupati as a OG.
That scouting report sounds very similar to Max Jean Gilles' coming out of college.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...torical/413688

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ
camp_eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 02:01 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp_eagles View Post
That scouting report sounds very similar to Max Jean Gilles' coming out of college.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/p...torical/413688
I think Jerry is more quick and nimble than MJG is, and MJG has been good in the past but he sucked monkey nuts against Jay Ratliff and the Cowboys' front 7 since he couldn't get to the second level which is basically a requirement against a 3-4 front. I mean Jerry isn't super fast or anything but it doesn't take much to be more agile than this:

Max definitely has a place on this team, he is better than Stacy Andrews and against 4-3 teams he can be a very good OG but he really struggles with 3-4 defenses.
Old 03-28-2010, 02:07 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anybody think Ciron Black might be a good RG for us? He could be a steal in the 4th.
superman8456 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 02:28 PM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
Anybody think Ciron Black might be a good RG for us? He could be a steal in the 4th.
Andy Reid can convert frogs, into great guards.

Sig by Bone Krusher