Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 03-30-2010, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
Thumper: did you really predict Patrick Willis, Derelle Revis, and Haloti Ngata as "beasts"?
Absolutely, I remember seeing Revis on kick returns and thinking "Wow, Mahe sucks, this guy is good AND he can play corner." I remember seeing P-Willis going to the Eagles early on and I really wanted him to go to the Eagles. And I was practically praying during 2006 that Ngata fell to the Eagles who were picking #14 and then the Ravens traded up to #12 and I was ticked.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

Well, let's put it this way, Thumper.

ONE of the following is practically guaranteed to still be there at #24:

Kyle Wilson
Brandon Graham
Mike Iupati
Earl Thomas
Jerry Hughes
Sean Weatherspoon
Maurkice Pouncey

I can see MOST of these being picked in the first round before the Eagles have a shot at them, but I will be absolutely SHOCKED if every single one of these names is gone by #24. No way it happens. So as far as I'm concerned, the Eagles come away with at least ONE of these guys, and I'll be happy.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 12:02 AM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, let's put it this way, Thumper.

ONE of the following is practically guaranteed to still be there at #24:

Kyle Wilson
Brandon Graham
Mike Iupati
Earl Thomas
Jerry Hughes
Sean Weatherspoon
Maurkice Pouncey
I say that at that point, Iupati, Hughes, and Weatherspoon will be available.

Sig by Bone Krusher
frubulubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:55 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thumper: did you really predict Patrick Willis, Derelle Revis, and Haloti Ngata as "beasts"?
A LOT of people knew that, or at least thought they knew, lol. Theses aren't great surprises, but for the most part, these were guys who everyone said, "barring injury, they will be a beast" Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE loved Willis, and many many people felt the same about Revis and Ngata.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 11:59 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubulubu View Post
I say that at that point, Iupati, Hughes, and Weatherspoon will be available.
I have a hard time believing Weatherspoon will be available. This reminds me of when Willis was in the draft and some people at this point were saying that there was an outside chance he'd be available for us, but by the time the draft came around, we all knew there was NO WAY. Weatherspoon will go top 20 IMO. I don't want Hughes anyway, doesn't fit what we'd want as a starting LE. If we are going to get a situational pass rusher, why spend a first rounder on one when we have needs at other positions? I'd also like to add Pouncey has a shot at being available.

Old 03-31-2010, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
I have a hard time believing Weatherspoon will be available. This reminds me of when Willis was in the draft and some people at this point were saying that there was an outside chance he'd be available for us, but by the time the draft came around, we all knew there was NO WAY. Weatherspoon will go top 20 IMO. I don't want Hughes anyway, doesn't fit what we'd want as a starting LE. If we are going to get a situational pass rusher, why spend a first rounder on one when we have needs at other positions? I'd also like to add Pouncey has a shot at being available.
I agree with all of this, but I just have one objection. While I agree that Weatherspoon has top 15 talent and should be gone by 24, I can see him lasting to our pick solely based on his position. There are few teams picking ahead of us who can afford to use their 1st round pick on an OLB and if he makes it past those few teams, there's a good chance he could fall to us. I would only hope that we would pull the trigger if he was there since the Eagles don't put too much value into the position and therefore don't like to invest a lot of money there.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only problem with that is I don't think Weatherspoon is restricted to just being a 4-3 OLB. I think he can very easily be a ILB in both the 4-3 and 3-4 as well.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As do I, but again there are only 2 or 3 teams ahead of us who are legitimately considering him.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:44 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
The only problem with that is I don't think Weatherspoon is restricted to just being a 4-3 OLB. I think he can very easily be a ILB in both the 4-3 and 3-4 as well.
Which is part of the reason I can't see him lasting until 24. Even though he isn't nearly the prospect Willis was, he is widely regaurded as a great prospect at the position. Willis had the versatility as well, and There are some people that say Weatherspoon can play any LB position in the 4-3 or either ILB in the 3-4. Though I think using him as a SAM in a 4-3 would be misusing his skills, it could be done, but outside of that, he can play at a high level in any scheme in multiple positions, much like Willis. TB, it'd be different if he was strictly a OLB, or ILB, and I'd agree with you if that was the case, but because of his ability to play in multiple spots, those teams that may pass him up will just allow teams further down (and ahead of us, unfortunately) the opportunity to fill their need, whether they be a 3-4 team with a need at MIKE or MACK, or a 4-3 team with a need at WILL or MIKE.

Old 03-31-2010, 02:45 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
As do I, but again there are only 2 or 3 teams ahead of us who are legitimately considering him.
Do we really know who is considering him? We know the likely suspects (the Giants being one of them), but there are plenty of other teams in that range that could pick him.

Old 03-31-2010, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Weatherspoon is my draft crush this year, but unfortuantely (and sometimes fortunately) ever since I've started watching the draft the eagles have never drafted one of my draft crushes, lol.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:50 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Weatherspoon is my draft crush this year, but unfortuantely (and sometimes fortunately) ever since I've started watching the draft the eagles have never drafted one of my draft crushes, lol.
There's always a few guys I fall in love with, Weatherspoon is one of them, Berry the other (duh), and we all know how I feel about Brandon Graham <3...

Old 03-31-2010, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Haha yeah, usually there's one guy I set my heart on, in past years it's been:
2009 - Knowshon Moreno
2008 - Devin Thomas
2007 - Michael Griffin
2006 - Ernie Sims

But, this year, there's multiple guys I'd be very happy with. All the guys you mentioned, plus Maurkice Pouncey, Earl Thomas and Kyle Wilson.
Old 03-31-2010, 02:58 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Haha yeah, usually there's one guy I set my heart on, in past years it's been:
2009 - Knowshon Moreno
2008 - Devin Thomas
2007 - Michael Griffin
2006 - Ernie Sims

But, this year, there's multiple guys I'd be very happy with. All the guys you mentioned, plus Maurkice Pouncey, Earl Thomas and Kyle Wilson.
Those are two guys I really liked. I hated Thomas and didn't really care about Sims, mostly because I thought he wouldn't be available anyway.

I like Pouncey a lot, but I don't have the man crushes on these guys, except Thomas, he's crush worthy, lol.

Old 03-31-2010, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Bigp5437
Rookie

Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Earl Thomas ran a 4.37 today at his pro day...unfortunately that just might elevate him out of our range:(

EDIT: Actually I take that back, it likely WILL put him out of our range, save for a trade
Old 03-31-2010, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, Earl Thomas is long gone after posting a 4.3 at his proday, he was already not falling to the Eagles so he is probably going top 15 now.

Right now I'm hoping for Maurkice Pouncey or Anthony Davis, Davis is falling in all these community mocks that are going on around the internet with no one wanting him on their team. Pouncey is a guy who I REALLY want, he is such a stud and I've been saying that for months, he really is the ideal center, take him and he'll anchor the line for 10-12 years and dominate as well.
Old 03-31-2010, 10:35 PM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Yeah, Earl Thomas is long gone after posting a 4.3 at his proday, he was already not falling to the Eagles so he is probably going top 15 now.

Right now I'm hoping for Maurkice Pouncey or Anthony Davis, Davis is falling in all these community mocks that are going on around the internet with no one wanting him on their team. Pouncey is a guy who I REALLY want, he is such a stud and I've been saying that for months, he really is the ideal center, take him and he'll anchor the line for 10-12 years and dominate as well.
I agree, this guy is such a stud, and wouldnt be upset if we traded to draft him. A pure center and a consistent one. Reid, has to work his magic and land this guy.

Sig by Bone Krusher
frubulubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 06:46 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubulubu View Post
I agree, this guy is such a stud, and wouldnt be upset if we traded to draft him. A pure center and a consistent one. Reid, has to work his magic and land this guy.
It all depends on the situation, but I wouldn't want to trade more than what we did last year to secure Maclin to get Pouncey.

Old 04-01-2010, 07:48 AM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm happy Thomas posted that 40 time, because he is not my favorite S in this class. Dont get me wrong, I would love to have him, but one of my draft crushes is Major Wright. I just think hes an animal and will be an animal in the NFL.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:10 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Honestly, I'd rather spend a first on Thomas than a second on Wright... I'm not his biggest fan, but I wouldn't be upset if he was drafted to us either.

Old 04-01-2010, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

He ran a 4.37.. on a very fast track. Alot of scouts are telling people to add roughly a .1 to that time, which would put him at a solid 4.41-4.47.

There's no reason that the Eagles can't trade up into the 10-19 range, which they have done in the past, to secure Thomas if they feel they really like him as a prospect.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Oh man... I completely forgot about Dezmon Briscoe... I thought he was a first round talent heading into this season, he has the talent but its all a question about motivation and attitude with him and he isn't raved about by Kansas coaches because of this. But this guy is a monster on the field, his sophomore year, he didn't get much attention because of having Crabtree and Dez Bryant in the same conference but he put up some amazing numbers himself.

Look at the stats from that year by those three:
Crabtree: 97 receptions, 1165 yards and 19 touchdowns
Bryant: 87 receptions, 1480 yards and 19 touchdowns
Briscoe: 92 receptions, 1407 yards and 15 touchdowns

I still think that the difference between Briscoe and Bryant isn't as large as some will portray it as, Briscoe is a poor man's Dez. Briscoe is a load to bring down, he is like TO or Brandon Marshall after the catch, he isn't as fast but he is as physical. He can leap and go get the ball out of the air with ease. He has good hands. Even though he ran a 4.6 at the combine he shows good game speed and was a good deep threat at Kansas. The only problems are his maturity and work ethic and his route running ability, other than that he is a good prospect.

He didn't live up to the hype this season, but no one on that Kansas squad did and Dez's draft stock is suffering because of it. Just watch this, Dezmon is a complete monster:
Old 04-01-2010, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

I've heard a lot of love for Major Wright and Morgan Burnett on this board so I just want to clarify something: neither of them will ever amount to anything.

As far a Briscoe is concerned, I love him and think whoever grabs him in the mid rounds will get a steal. He and Namaan Roosevelt are the two receivers who I'd love the Eagles to take a shot on in the mid-late rounds.
Old 04-01-2010, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

The Eagles actually need some receivers, the depth is pretty terrible. After DeSean, Maclin and Avant it is basically a crapshoot of UDFA and special teams guys.
Old 04-01-2010, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Kramer
Veteran

Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Absolutely, I remember seeing Revis on kick returns and thinking "Wow, Mahe sucks, this guy is good AND he can play corner." I remember seeing P-Willis going to the Eagles early on and I really wanted him to go to the Eagles. And I was practically praying during 2006 that Ngata fell to the Eagles who were picking #14 and then the Ravens traded up to #12 and I was ticked.
After the Packers game in the 07 season when we lost purely because of special teams, I said “We have to draft Desean Jackson, he would be perfect.” Swear to god.
Kramer is offline   Reply With Quote