Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 04-23-2010, 12:37 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creek View Post
Love the BG55 pick. Will make the whole defense better, secondary included. We still have two 2nd round picks, I wouldn't be surprised to see them both used on DBs.

The Eagles draft is already a win for me though.
He helps the whole front 7 for sure, and with the pressure created by the front 7, it takes a lot of pressure off of the secondary. I don't see the Eagles taking a FS in the second round, maybe not at all, I think trading up for Graham is a sign that they are comfortable with their FS situation.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 03:50 PM    (permalink
igglefanz
Rookie

igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok lets see here at the 37th pick here is where I think the Eagles should go.

1. Allen S USF
2. Mays S Usc
3. Cook CB Virgina
4. Walton C Baylor
5. Ducasse OG UMass

And later on this is My list if a DB is taken at 37

1. Walton C Baylor
2. Ducasse OG UMass
3. Jerry OG OlMiss
4. Cody DT Alabama
5. Gerheart RB Stanford

And my five if a non db is taken obviously of any of the 4 db's fall same order but projected at spot

1. Murphy CB USF
2. Ghee CB Wake
3. Wright S Flordia
4. Burnett S GT
5. Cox CB OSU

Last edited by igglefanz : 04-23-2010 at 04:12 PM.
igglefanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by igglefanz View Post
Ok lets see here at the 37th pick here is where I think the Eagles should go.

1. Mcourty CB Rugters
That might be a little tough.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 04:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a bad BAAAAD feeling that you guys are going to break my hearts and take Taylor Mays.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I have a bad BAAAAD feeling that you guys are going to break my hearts and take Taylor Mays.
Oh my god. Mays + Graham = how jealous would YOU be?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 04:11 PM    (permalink
igglefanz
Rookie

igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.igglefanz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
That might be a little tough.
Yeah modded forgot about that pick *all embarrassed*
igglefanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
You have multiple hearts? Noted.

Anyway I really hope not, give me Reshad Jones, Morgan Burnett or Nate Allen over Taylor Mays.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently the eagles like Dexter McCluster a lot...
Old 04-23-2010, 04:58 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Apparently the eagles like Dexter McCluster a lot...
FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU....
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 05:26 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dodged a bullet there....
Old 04-23-2010, 05:29 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan605
Rookie

eaglesfan605 is a cocksman.eaglesfan605 is a cocksman.eaglesfan605 is a cocksman.eaglesfan605 is a cocksman.

Here we go. Trade back or Nate Allen hopefully.

Yes! Nate Allen!

Last edited by eaglesfan605 : 04-23-2010 at 05:33 PM.
eaglesfan605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 05:32 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

Daryl Washington, Taylor Mays, Nate Allen, or Lamarr Houston.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We just drafted Chris Gocong part 2...
Old 04-23-2010, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah Andy Reid just said Nate Allen can play CB and that Daniel Te'o-Nesheim is moving to SLB. Andy Reid is incredistupid if he puts Nate Allen at CB.

And that SackSEER thing has DTN rated highly:
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/nfl...ucing-sackseer

Quote:
Te'O'Nesheim has been billed as a productive, high-energy player who lacks the athleticism to compete at a high level, but his 37-inch vertical leap and a 4.18-second short shuttle at the Combine are enough to convince SackSEER.
Too bad we won't see him at DE, he is another high energy player who will play his heart out though. Kind of a weird pick but its not terrible, hopefully Fokou wins the SLB battle so that DTN can move to DE where he can provide depth and become a good situational pass rusher.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

I just watched the latest Andy Reid press conference and he said Daniel can play DE/DT, I was zoning in and out but I don't think he said he will be a SLB, which is what I initially thought.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:23 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Yeah Andy Reid just said Nate Allen can play CB and that Daniel Te'o-Nesheim is moving to SLB. Andy Reid is incredistupid if he puts Nate Allen at CB.

And that SackSEER thing has DTN rated highly:
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/nfl...ucing-sackseer

Too bad we won't see him at DE, he is another high energy player who will play his heart out though. Kind of a weird pick but its not terrible, hopefully Fokou wins the SLB battle so that DTN can move to DE where he can provide depth and become a good situational pass rusher.
We'll see Allen predominantly at FS, I believe, and I can see DTN as an SLB, though honestly, If we were going to draft a SLB there, I would have preferred Eric Norwood, as he fits well into the SLB role. In the end, he has the same questions as coverage as DTN, but I like him more for the role, as he has more experience in coverage and has some LB instincts already, whereas DTN will have to develop them. We may still see him at DE, so don't rule that out.

Old 04-23-2010, 09:27 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I'm VERY excited for tomorrow, 4 fourth round picks... I see CB, RB, WR, TE, OL all as possibilities there, and in the fifth we could see SS and Zoltan Mesko as possibilities.

Old 04-23-2010, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

I think DTN will be a DL and with 4 picks in the 4th round we can defnitely still see a guy like Norwood or possibly AJ Edds tomorrow. Akwasi Owusu-Ansah is a guy I really want tomorrow as well.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:30 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
I'm VERY excited for tomorrow, 4 fourth round picks... I see CB, RB, WR, TE, OL all as possibilities there, and in the fifth we could see SS and Zoltan Mesko as possibilities.
Yep, some quality players still left on the board.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:32 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
I think DTN will be a DL and with 4 picks in the 4th round we can defnitely still see a guy like Norwood or possibly AJ Edds tomorrow. Akwasi Owusu-Ansah is a guy I really want tomorrow as well.
I defintiely like Ansah, I think the Eagles may not have a shot at him at 105 tomorrow though. I'd love if the Eagles decide to keep DTN at DE and would get Norwood or Edds even. I'm going to find as much info about DTN and find all kinds of stories from the Eagles to see if that is even a possibility. I have a football game that ends at 10 am tomorrow, so I'm going to be flying home so I can watch the draft.

Old 04-23-2010, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

The Eagles are drafting guys that are JUST like Trent Cole, good initial quickness, high effort, great motors, strong bases, smaller, intense etc. etc. Brandon Graham, Trent Cole, Darryl Tapp and now DTN.

And whoever reported that DTN will play SLB was wrong, I stand corrected. Philly newspapers are terrible, they're wrong more often than they should be.

The Eagles are bringing in lunchpail players, they don't want a Shawn Andrews, Freddie Mitchell, Jerome McDougle, Chris Clemons or Kearse anymore, they are moving towards high motor players who play hard and with intelligence.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

No one is going to outwork the Eagles defensive ends, that is for sure.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:33 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
The Eagles are drafting guys that are JUST like Trent Cole, good initial quickness, high effort, great motors, strong bases, smaller, intense etc. etc. Brandon Graham, Trent Cole, Darryl Tapp and now DTN.

And whoever reported that DTN will play SLB was wrong, I stand corrected. Philly newspapers are terrible, they're wrong more often than they should be.

The Eagles are bringing in lunchpail players, they don't want a Shawn Andrews, Freddie Mitchell, Jerome McDougle, Chris Clemons or Kearse anymore, they are moving towards high motor players who play hard and with intelligence.
Cool, that keeps my hopes alive for Norwood, who I think is the best possible SLB prospect for the Eagles that is still available. The Eagles DEs are going to be stacked for a LOOOOONG time.

Old 04-23-2010, 09:36 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Oh and Perrish Cox will not be an Eagle, Roseman flat out said he will not allow any character problems on this team. So I think that rules out Perrish Cox who is a terrible prospect off the field.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:38 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Oh and Perrish Cox will not be an Eagle, Roseman flat out said he will not allow any character problems on this team. So I think that rules out Perrish Cox who is a terrible prospect off the field.
I was thinking about Cox, but like you said, with how things are looking right now, I highlydoubt Cox will be an Eagle. I can see a guy like AJ Jefferson going to the Eagles at the end of the fourth round if the miss out on Ansah, as none of the remaining CBs fit the team that well.