Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 12-02-2009, 05:45 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
RT is another need too with Andrews' career in jeopardy and Justice still unproven. I know Justice has played much better this season and we just gave him a nice extension, but we should draft a RT for depth if anything. Right guard could also become a need with Stacy Andrews sucking and MJG set to become a free agent. Should be able to pick up a nice guard in the middle rounds.
Agreed. Though if we keep MJG I think it'd be less of a need. One, its less holes to fill, and two, it'd mean the team has confidence in him as the future...

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:06 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
And push Bradley back to the strong side?

If we're going to go LB, I want...

1. Sergio Kindle. Would allow Bradley to stay in the middle.
1a. Rolando McClain. If you want a MLB to push Bradley to SLB, he's the guy.
I would love if we take Sergio Kindle, but not to play him at LB. The only reason he's ever listed as a LB prospect is because he is a prototypical 3-4 pass rushing LB. However, I think he would make a very good DE in a 4-3 defense. I know he has a pretty low sack total this year but he's gotten over 25 pressures and is always in the backfield. He is immensely strong, and a great athlete. A DE tandem of Kindle and Cole would be incredible.

If we were to take Rolo I'd also be happy.
Old 12-04-2009, 11:56 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
I would love if we take Sergio Kindle, but not to play him at LB. The only reason he's ever listed as a LB prospect is because he is a prototypical 3-4 pass rushing LB. However, I think he would make a very good DE in a 4-3 defense. I know he has a pretty low sack total this year but he's gotten over 25 pressures and is always in the backfield. He is immensely strong, and a great athlete. A DE tandem of Kindle and Cole would be incredible.

If we were to take Rolo I'd also be happy.
McClain>>>>>>Kindle and it's not even close. I mean they're two completely different players. Like you said Kindle is strictly a 4-3 end or 3-4 OLB and McClain is a MLB. McClain is a beast and should go in the top 10 and could potentially have a Patrick Willis like impact for some team, whereas Kindle will likely at this point could drop out of the first round and if he is taken in the first round it will be based strictly on physical ability. Imo I would only spend a high pick on him if I planned on playing him at 3-4 OLB where he is best suited. Last year he was a beast player LB for Texas and this year he's struggled with the move to DE.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:35 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Id love McClain or Weatherspoon, but is the team going to view the LB corp as that big of a need? I personally say no, though if McClain fell a good ways to us, which I don't see happening, they may just pull the trigger.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 01:59 PM    (permalink
eagles6606
Rookie

eagles6606 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eagles6606 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eagles6606 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eagles6606 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eagles6606 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eagles6606 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eagles6606 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eagles6606 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eagles6606 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eagles6606 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eagles6606 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LB is really not that big of a need for the Birds. Bradley, Jordan, and Withersppon should be that starters next year, with Gaither, Fokou, and Tracy White as solid backups. DE, FS, and CB are bigger needs. The Eagles are in a position to take the best defenssive player that falls to them, keeping in mind that DE and FS are more important.
eagles6606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 02:02 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DE is pretty deep this year, FS is really deep this year, and CB is pretty weak this year.

What about Earl Thomas at FS?
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 02:05 PM    (permalink
eagles6606
Rookie

eagles6606 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eagles6606 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eagles6606 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eagles6606 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eagles6606 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eagles6606 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eagles6606 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eagles6606 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eagles6606 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eagles6606 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eagles6606 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya, Earl Thomas and Nate Allen will definately be highly considered if they fall to us. Thomas has great ball skills and Allen is a solid overall player. Lots of DE that could fall like Dunlap, Griffen, Hardy, or Brandon Graham.
Old 12-22-2009, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thomas would be a beast for us, but I'm not so sure he'll declare.
Old 12-22-2009, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles6606 View Post
LB is really not that big of a need for the Birds. Bradley, Jordan, and Withersppon should be that starters next year, with Gaither, Fokou, and Tracy White as solid backups. DE, FS, and CB are bigger needs. The Eagles are in a position to take the best defenssive player that falls to them, keeping in mind that DE and FS are more important.
you just named a bunch of linebackers, now look at it closer. It seems you don't know there are 3 different linebacker positions, each require a unique skill set, there is the WLB (Weakside), MLB and SLB (strongside). In that group you just named there are 3 WLB, 2 MLB and 1 SLB and I feel like you should know that Omar Gaither is out the door this season because he is a free agent.

So that leaves the Eagles with a depth chart that looks like this:
WLB: Will Witherspoon, Akeem Jordan, Tracy White
MLB: Stewart Bradley
SLB: Moise Fokou

Now I ask you are you comfortable with that? Are you comfortable with having Fokou a second year 7th round pick who is about 235 pounds taking the starting SLB spot? I like Fokou, he is intense and he is energetic and he is good in coverage but are we really ready to start him much less put all the eggs in the figurative basket and have him be the only SLB on the roster?

Not only that but are we going to leave Stewart Bradley as the only MLB when he is coming off of knee surgery?

The Eagles should draft two linebackers, a SLB and a MLB.

At this point I really think the Eagles should draft either Eric Norwood or AJ Edds to play SLB and Micah Johnson to play MLB.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

It would likely be:

WLB-Jordan
MLB-Witherspoon
SLB-Bradley
Old 12-22-2009, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Personally I really want either Derrick Morgan, Everson Griffen or Greg Rosmeus at DE.
Old 12-22-2009, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:
It would likely be:

WLB-Jordan
MLB-Witherspoon
SLB-Bradley
But why move Bradley to SLB? He is a MLB and he was on the verge of being one of the best in the NFL and now you want to impede his progress by switching his spot again?
Old 12-22-2009, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

I agree, but unless we re-sign Gocong or sign/draft another SLB we may not have any other choice.
Old 12-22-2009, 02:34 PM    (permalink
eagles6606
Rookie

Keep Bradley in the middle and move either Jordan or Witherspoon to the strong side
Old 12-22-2009, 02:35 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree, but unless we re-sign Gocong or sign/draft another SLB we may not have any other choice.
Gocong can walk. No need to waste cap space.
Old 12-22-2009, 02:39 PM    (permalink
eagles6606
Rookie

Gocong will not be back
Old 12-22-2009, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagles6606 View Post
Keep Bradley in the middle and move either Jordan or Witherspoon to the strong side
HORRIBLE idea in real life, great idea in Madden. See the thing is, the SLB in the Eagles system is essentially a 3-4 OLB, they're forced to take on blockers and they do a lot of dirty work which is why guys like Gocong and Carlos Emmons have manned the spot in the past, they're big enough to take on blockers and they're grade A run stuffers (Gocong used to be) essentially they're the battering ram of the defense. Now the question is do you really want to put Jordan and Witherspoon at that position? Because both are very athletic and quick and are much better suited to be in space rather than be put in with the big boys on the strong side and take on the run and blockers all game.
Old 12-22-2009, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Gocong is such a waste, he has lost his starting job this season to a 7th round rookie and a combination of Tracy White and Akeem Jordan who come in on some plays at SLB. Let him leave, he didn't even get on the stat sheet against San Francisco and he is barely out tackling Asante Samuel at this point. Waste. of. space.
Old 12-22-2009, 03:26 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

I want more of a project player at LE who has a high ceiling. Someone like Clifton Geathers would be ideal. Huge frame, good measurables, and alright college production. This is also ideal so we dont have to use our 1st and we can use that on a more pressing need. Its not like Jaqua Parker and Darren Howard have not been doing an adequate job.

Free safety in our defense is a position that you can plug a player into and expect alright production. Look what we did with Macho Harris. So the question is do we use a 1st on a player that drops for a position that isnt that valuable to the Eagles?

Chris Gocong is on his way out of the door, and I dont mind it. I dont like his coverage ability, hes not all that athletic, and he supposed to be a great pass rusher but I dont get to see it ever in the defense he plays in. Bring in somebody who can cover the TE.

I know I've brought up the idea of drafting Brandon Spikes, moving him to SLB or moving Bradley to SLB and Witherspoon to WLB. Maybe we can get Spikes in the 2nd, but hes a questionable 1st.

Please note that Karlos Dansby, Thomas Howard, and some others will be a free agent. http://www.footballsfuture.com/2010/fa/lb.html We have a lot of cap room so I would prefer one of these guys.

Oline is going to be addressed somewhat early. If someone like Anthony Davis falls to us in the first, I expect Andy Reid to draft them.

I've been saying that we need a dominant, pass rushing DT opposite of Broderick Bunkley. This class is pretty deep as well. If Allen Bailey declares, you will only hear me say his name in the 1st round.

I dont think Cornelius Ingram is going to come back from his injury well. I'm really nervous about this position because its an awkward one. The only TE I would want us drafting is also coming off a major knee injury. There are also a lot of good TE FA's coming up.

One thing I definitely dont want to see is a WR coming off the board early for us. Not because its not necessarily a need, but because hopefully we will be in the AJ Green, Julio Jones, DeAndre Brown, etc sweepstakes.

CB is a good place to draft, but this is such a weak CB class. I dont think anyone would be worth it.

All in all, I kind of hope we trade out of the first if there isnt a player that can start immediately for us. And just about no player in the draft can do that. I think two 1st rounders next year will be better.

Last edited by superman8456 : 12-22-2009 at 09:39 PM.
Old 12-23-2009, 02:06 AM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
I want more of a project player at LE who has a high ceiling. Someone like Clifton Geathers would be ideal. Huge frame, good measurables, and alright college production. This is also ideal so we dont have to use our 1st and we can use that on a more pressing need. Its not like Jaqua Parker and Darren Howard have not been doing an adequate job.

Free safety in our defense is a position that you can plug a player into and expect alright production. Look what we did with Macho Harris. So the question is do we use a 1st on a player that drops for a position that isnt that valuable to the Eagles?

Chris Gocong is on his way out of the door, and I dont mind it. I dont like his coverage ability, hes not all that athletic, and he supposed to be a great pass rusher but I dont get to see it ever in the defense he plays in. Bring in somebody who can cover the TE.

I know I've brought up the idea of drafting Brandon Spikes, moving him to SLB or moving Bradley to SLB and Witherspoon to WLB. Maybe we can get Spikes in the 2nd, but hes a questionable 1st.

Please note that Karlos Dansby, Thomas Howard, and some others will be a free agent. http://www.footballsfuture.com/2010/fa/lb.html We have a lot of cap room so I would prefer one of these guys.

Oline is going to be addressed somewhat early. If someone like Anthony Davis falls to us in the first, I expect Andy Reid to draft them.

I've been saying that we need a dominant, pass rushing DT opposite of Broderick Bunkley. This class is pretty deep as well. If Allen Bailey declares, you will only hear me say his name in the 1st round.

I dont think Cornelius Ingram is going to come back from his injury well. I'm really nervous about this position because its an awkward one. The only TE I would want us drafting is also coming off a major knee injury. There are also a lot of good TE FA's coming up.

One thing I definitely dont want to see is a WR coming off the board early for us. Not because its not necessarily a need, but because hopefully we will be in the AJ Green, Julio Jones, DeAndre Brown, etc sweepstakes.

CB is a good place to draft, but this is such a weak CB class. I dont think anyone would be worth it.

All in all, I kind of hope we trade out of the first if there isnt a player that can start immediately for us. And just about no player in the draft can do that. I think two 1st rounders next year will be better.
I hope not, because that would mean we are picking in the top 5 of that draft. AJ Green is the truth.
Old 12-23-2009, 08:01 AM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Well with Green, Jones, Baldwin, Floyd, etc... all expected to declare next year we should be able to get one of them with our first pick. Any one of those guys to go along with Djax and Maclin would be unstoppable.
Old 12-23-2009, 09:35 AM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
I hope not, because that would mean we are picking in the top 5 of that draft. AJ Green is the truth.
I kind of got to that at the bottom of my post. I see no one of great value or that we have to have, outside of some major draft day falls, which could leave us trading out of the 1st to gain extra picks or have two 1sts the next year.

If Brandon Graham, Anthony Davis, and Derrick Morgan fell to us, I wouldnt mind using our 1st.

Maybe with the two 1sts next year we could get one of those nice WR's and Patrick Peterson.
Old 12-25-2009, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Eric Norwood would be a great fit at SLB for us.
Old 12-25-2009, 05:01 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

Quote:
Eric Norwood would be a great fit at SLB for us.
Probably is going to get taken by a 34 team.

Honestly, I think we are going to be appealing to free agents, so dont be surprised if we make a couple splashes in free agency.
Old 12-27-2009, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

FS is a HUGE need mainly to get Macho off the field, that piece of **** nearly handed the Broncos the game on his own.