Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 04-24-2010, 03:58 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
STEAL! Jamar Chaney is a steal! YES!
My buddy asked me why I was excited over a seventh round pick. I said, "BECAUSE ITS JAMAR CHANEY!!!!!!" Needless to say I love the pick.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
Did I call it or what? Pay me my money!
I'll give you rep instead.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was really skeptical about the 4th round but the Eagles have really cleaned up later today with Ricky Sapp, Riley Cooper, Charles Scott and now Jamar Chaney. I wouldn't have bat an eye if they chose them in the 4th round, they're bringing in some late round talents.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:27 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Eagles finish with a Ciron Black and Donovan Warren, I would feel that we had a pretty good draft in the end. Probably B/B+ area.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 04:35 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Imagine if we didnt draft DNT and Ricky Sapp, we would be in good position to get Lindsey Witten.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Too bad Lindsey Witten is terrible.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:43 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

We're about to be up.

Donovan Warren plz
Old 04-24-2010, 04:43 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
Too bad Lindsey Witten is terrible.
I'm fine with you thinking that. I think he is a pretty good prospect and an exceptional value in the 7th.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:47 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jeff Owens just picked, I love it. Black or Warren next would be nice.

Old 04-24-2010, 04:48 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

Jeff Owens?

Questionable...
Old 04-24-2010, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Jeff Owens and Kurt Coleman, Jeff Owens is a Bunkley type player and Coleman is a safety who can play FS, SS and nickelback. Good picks, two more steals.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:49 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Coleman, another safety to compete, I'll take it. Sniper must be upset about an OSU guy, but with Graham, he'll live with it.

Old 04-24-2010, 04:50 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

I really like the Kurt Coleman pick, but I still wish we used one of those on Donovan Warren.

All in all, pretty good draft and I think its going to make for some pretty nice TC battles.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Coleman, another safety to compete, I'll take it. Sniper must be upset about an OSU guy, but with Graham, he'll live with it.
I like Coleman a lot, but I'd rather have Warren.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

I have heard that Jauron convinced Andy and Sean McDermott to switch back to a 1-gap scheme and Jeff Owens would be a perfect NT in a one gap scheme, he is stout and strong, can stack up against any offensive guard and he doesn't get moved. He might overtake Trevor Laws, he is certainly better against the run than Laws is.

Also Coleman just fits this draft, he isn't flashy but he just loves the game and understands where to go on the field. He is a high motor, high intangibles, high effort kind of player who will come in and give it his all. He probably won't make the team but he will give someone a run for their money in training camp.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:54 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
Jeff Owens?

Questionable...
No way, great fit, player, and value at a position of need.

First Reid draft without an O-linemen. Who would have thought? Maybe the team is looking at a newly available former Jet?

Old 04-24-2010, 04:55 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
I like Coleman a lot, but I'd rather have Warren.
Of course you would, but so would most of us.

Old 04-24-2010, 04:58 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

First Reid draft without an O-linemen. Who would have thought? Maybe the team is looking at a newly available former Jet?
I honestly can't believe it, I don't agree with it either, a G or C would have been good to take. IMO this means a trade for an interior O-lineman is inevitable, who it is remains to be seen.
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Of course you would, but so would most of us.
Not because of the school, but because of the position. I couldn't care less when it comes to drafting players from School X or Y (unless it's Brandon Graham :D). I want the best players for the Eagles.
eaglesfan605
Rookie

eaglesfan605 is a cocksman.eaglesfan605 is a cocksman.eaglesfan605 is a cocksman.eaglesfan605 is a cocksman.

I absolutely hated what the Eagles did this year in the draft. The entered this draft with a real opportunity to improve their team with 5 selections in the first three rounds. I do not feel that they did so. None of the players they drafted, in my opinion, have the potential to be a great, Pro Bowl player.

Round 1 Pick 13 - Brandon Graham DE Michigan

He was an ok selection. Has a nonstop motor and is skilled at rushing the passer. Also an undersized guy, which the Eagles always seen to always draft for some reason.

Grade - B

Round 2 Pick 5 - Nate Allen FS USF

Another ok, non-flashy selection. The 3rd best safety on the board for me, but just not enough upside to excite me with the pick. He has good skills overall, but nothing really jumps out at you. Based on need, however, I have to give this a good grade.

Grade - A

Round 3 Pick 22 - Daniel Te'o-Nesheim DE/OLB Washington

Horrible selection. Not because he isn't a good prospect, or he doesn't have ability, but for the fact that they just drafted a DE with similar measurables in Round 1. Also, he was project by many draft experts/sites to go much later. The Eagles didn't get good value for the pick.

Grade - D+

Round 4 Pick 7 - Trevard Lindley CB Kentucky

The worst selection so far. Slow, lacks confidence, and has regressed each of the last two years. Was destroyed at the Senior Bowl. Bad value even in the 4th Round. Enough said.

Grade - F

Round 4 Pick 23 - Keenan Clayton OLB Oklahoma

Another pretty bad selection. Not a surprise that they draft an undersized player at a position they don't need with the recent trade for Ernie Sims.

Grade - D

Round 4 Pick 24 - Mike Kafka QB Northwestern

A mediocre selection. It's pathetic that he was the 5th QB drafted over a bunch of other more talented QB prospects. He is a smart kid, who isn't going to see the field for a while (obviously).

Grade - C

Round 4 Pick 27 - Clay Harbor TE/H-Back Missouri State

I like this pick a bit. A bit small, but a good blocker and receiver. Also has some upside. Needs to show he can play against better competition, but the only 3rd day pick I like so far.

Grade - B

Round 5 Pick 3 - Ricky Sapp DE/OLB Clemson

Good prospect. Bad fit/pick. Why are they drafting players who are fits for the 3-4 system, when we run a 4-3? There isn't going to be enough playing time for all of these undersized DEs.

Grade - C-

Round 5 Pick 28 - Riley Cooper WR Florida

Meh. I think there were better, more talented WR prospects available at this juncture of the draft, but I can't be too upset with drafting Cooper. Has good size, pretty good speed. Like I said, nothing special about the pick.

Grade - C

Round 6 Pick 31 - Charles Scott RB LSU

A big RB, which they will never use. A practice squad player or training camp fodder. Even if he beats out Buckley, he won't get used, with McCoy, Bell, and Weaver all ahead of him.

Grade - C-

Round 7 Pick 13 - Jamar Chaney MLB Mississippi State

Hey, a good pick for once. Really played well at the Senior Bowl and is a good depth selection.

Grade - B

Round 7 Pick 36 - Jeff Owens DT Georgia

Another good depth selection and has the ability to be a rotation DT.

Grade - B

Round 7 Pick 37 - Kurt Coleman S Ohio State

It's sad that their 7th Round has been way better than their 4th Round.

Grade - B

How I Would Have Drafted
1.13 - Earl Thomas FS Texas
1.27 - Kyle Wilson CB Boise State
3.22 - Navorro Bowman OLB Penn State
4.7 - Traded to move up to pick #27
4.23 - Traded to move up to pick #27
4.24 - Cam Thomas DT North Carolina
4.27 - Clay Harbor TE Missouri State
5.3 - Carlton Mitchell WR USF
5.28 - Dan LeFevour QB Central Michigan
6.31 - Ted Larsen C NC State
7.13 - Jamar Chaney MLB Mississippi State
7.36 - LeGarrette Blount RB Oregon
7.37 - Kevin Basped DE Nevada
eaglesfan605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 05:00 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

Quote:

I know, but I just dont know if I would pick as the DT I would want. I dont really care, however. Warren would have made me happier.

Shawn Andrews will probably get resigned now for cheaper.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Here is the 2010 Draft Class, and they're bringing their lunch-pails and hard hats to work:

1- Brandon Graham DE Michigan
2- Nate Allen DB USF
3- Daniel Te'o-Nesheim DE Washington
4- Trevard Lindley CB Kentucky
4- Keenan Clayton LB Oklahoma
4- Mike Kafka QB Northwestern
4- Clay Harbor TE/FB Missouri St.
5- Ricky Sapp DE/LB Clemson
5- Riley Cooper WR Florida
6- Charles Scott RB LSU
7- Jamar Chaney LB Mississippi St.
7- Jeff Owens DT Georgia
7- Kurt Coleman DB Ohio St.

I'm giving that a solid B, the third and fourth rounds are a bit sketchy, CB was adressed properly but the Eagles added tough players, instant starters at LE and FS as well as adding some key role players for the future. Good draft and one that will shape this Eagles team for the future, this class is tough and nasty, get ready to watch these guys play because its going to be fun (aside from Lindley, that'll be fun for the other team).

Last edited by Thumper : 04-24-2010 at 05:04 PM.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:01 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

A+. You know why.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
1- Brandon Graham DE Brandon Graham
He's so good that he's his own school.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:04 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

The only two picks I have a real problem with are Trevard Lindley and DTN. Especially DTN because we passed up Jerome Murphy and Amari Spievey for him.