Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 02-09-2010, 09:17 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vick's gonna leave, Kolb and McNabb will stay.

As for Muckelroy, I liked him he's a tackling machine, but I don't like him as a SAM in our system. The more I think about it, the more I could see Sergio Kindle at the strongside spot. He totally fits the battering ram mold that we need at the position and he's excellent in space. He's quite a bit more athletic than Gocong and I think he could be an absolute beast for us.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:18 PM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
Vick's gonna leave, Kolb and McNabb will stay.

As for Muckelroy, I liked him he's a tackling machine, but I don't like him as a SAM in our system. The more I think about it, the more I could see Sergio Kindle at the strongside spot. He totally fits the battering ram mold that we need at the position and he's excellent in space. He's quite a bit more athletic than Gocong and I think he could be an absolute beast for us.
Kindle could play like Orakpo did this year playing SAM on 1st and 2nd down then switching to end on 3rd.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ
camp_eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think McNabb and Vick are gone, Kolb is ready, McNabb is not going to gain value and Vick is going to make WAY too much money for the Eagles to keep him as a back-up.

I would watch out for AJ Feely on the FA market this year, he knows the scheme and has played here for years and then they would draft a guy like Crompton in the draft or maybe Zac Robinson or if they're intent on keeping the Wildcat around maybe Jarrett Brown.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp_eagles View Post
Kindle could play like Orakpo did this year playing SAM on 1st and 2nd down then switching to end on 3rd.
It would make sense too, Kindle is more fluid in space than Orakpo is but he isn't as good at rushing the passer however, it would allow the Eagles to keep the run stuffer Abiamiri in on 1st and 2nd downs and move Kindle to DE on third down and long if needed.

Also Everson Griffen is a little bit of a question mark for me, on one hand he reminds me of Dwight Freeney and he is actually very strong/thick especially for a player coming out of college, he has the strength to play LDE but he doesn't often use it and doesn't display an interest in the run often enough for my liking. But the Eagles love athletes and Griffen is a great one and the Eagles have never been one to label guys as LE or RE, they just want guys who get after the QB. I love his potential but I am worried that he will bust due to A. Not much production and B. Little to no success of USC linemen in the NFL.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:28 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thing I love about Everson Griffin, Jason Piere Paul, Carlos Dunlap, etc. type prospects is that they're projects. Don't expect them to come in season one and be productive players. They all have tremendous athleticism and upside, but they still have a lot of refining to do and a lot of coaching has to go into them. THIS is the kind of player we need. Hopefully this can make them better pro players than they were college players.

We have time to do this for a player because we're not built to win it all right now. We're going to be a competitive team and MAY have a chance at it, but we're still way too young. This is also the reason I say we go with Kolb, even though I'm a huge McNabb fan.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:44 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Griffin is the most complete DE out of those you named.

JPP has the best athleticism and relays solely on it.

And Dunlap is the worst, just another Flordia De waiting to bust.

Eagles having Griffen would be awesome, someone to play the strong side and complement Trent Cole.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:28 AM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.

Everson Griffin highlights
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNzSE9q0R3k

I dont think you can question JPP's athleticism
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4-1e6Faglw

Kindle highlights
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qul0KgveR5k

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:

R.I.P. JJ
Old 02-10-2010, 09:50 AM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My biggest problem with JPP is that he takes bad angles to the ball and isn't a good tackler at all.

Everson Griffin would probably the most NFL ready out of all of them.

I think if we put Sergio Kindle and SLB, his skillset would not be utilized to its full potential.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:36 AM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
My biggest problem with JPP is that he takes bad angles to the ball and isn't a good tackler at all.

Everson Griffin would probably the most NFL ready out of all of them.

I think if we put Sergio Kindle and SLB, his skillset would not be utilized to its full potential.
I just watched a highlight/lowlight video of JPP Im not impressed he has only one move which is to run around the tackle the few times he tried to spin/swim or bullrush he failed. Does not play with a good pad level but when he does watch out. JPP is the definition of Boom or Bust its all about the situation he goes into which philly could be a good one for him but I dont want the risk.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:

R.I.P. JJ
Old 02-14-2010, 05:50 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My latest eagles mock:

Trade McNabb for high 2nd round pick

1. FS Earl Thomas
2a. LB Daryl Washington
2b.CB Kareem Jackson
3a. DE Lindsey Witten
3b. RB Ben Tate
4a. OG John Jerry
4b. TE Colin Peek
6a. QB Jarrett Brown
6b. WR Freddie Barnes
Old 02-14-2010, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Here is a question for you all, is Earl Thomas better than Macho Harris?

I know half of you just got ready to be like "Your ********" but think about it. Victor Harris is 5'11" and 195 pounds, Earl Thomas is probably a little smaller. Everybody praises Earl Thomas for his ball skills but Macho Harris had 11 interceptions in his Junior and Senior year and Earl Thomas had 10 in his last 2 years in college.

Last year NFL.com said this of Macho Harris: http://www.nfl.com/draft/2009/profil...ayers-analysis
Quote:
Positives: Natural playmaker. ... Versatile athlete with the skills to help at multiple positions. ... Alert zone defender. ... Reads the quarterback's eyes and closes quickly on the ball. ... Reliable open-field tackler who flashes explosiveness as a hitter. ... Willing to dirty his jersey against the run. ... Good lateral agility to elude blockers and will come up aggressively in run support. ... At least adequate hip flexibility and straight-line speed. ... Natural hands for the interception. ... Can track the ball over either shoulder. ... Good leaping ability and times his leaps well. ... Can highpoint passes and shows the strong hands to snatch passes out of the air. ... Reliable hands as a returner. ... Good vision and burst as a returner.

Negatives: Might lack the hip flexibility and straight-line speed for man coverage. ... Inconsistent press technique and lacks the burst to keep up with faster receivers if he misses his initial punch. ... Likes to go for the intimidating hit and will occasionally fail to wrap up properly when dropping his shoulder into the ballcarrier. ... Plays a flashy, emotional game and can get carried away on the field, drawing penalties.
That could VERY easily be a scouting report for Earl Thomas, if they just changed the name to Earl Thomas I wouldn't think anything of it.

So should we really draft Earl Thomas or should the Eagles just develop Macho Harris who is a very similar player.
Old 02-14-2010, 06:40 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
My latest eagles mock:

Trade McNabb for high 2nd round pick

1. FS Earl Thomas Great pick
2a. LB Daryl Washington MLB? Do you think Stewart Bradley plays SLB? How do you predict the starting LB corp?
2b.CB Kareem Jackson I'm a fan of Jackson, dont know if he lasts until here but a CB will
3a. DE Lindsey Witten Really great value here
3b. RB Ben Tate Not a fan at all of Tate
4a. OG John Jerry Anothon good value pick
4b. TE Colin Peek Good player to have a good battle between Alex Smith with during training camp
6a. QB Jarrett Brown I dont know why, but I love this pick
6b. WR Freddie Barnes Doubt he would be able to make the active roster, but he might develop into a useful player
10 characters
Old 02-14-2010, 07:23 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Earl Thomas can play FS, and cb.
Old 02-15-2010, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Everson Griffen looks like a DT, that guy is STACKED if he ever decided he wanted to play all out on every play (yes that includes run plays) he could be an all time great, he looks like he is somewhere between 280 and 290 and he figures to run a 4.6 at the combine. Everson Griffen looks like he could be an absolute STUD. Plus he seems like a funny guy, an energetic guy who can have fun in practice and still work hard and he fosters competition with his little jokes, he seems like he would fit RIGHT in with the Eagles defense consisting of a bunch of jokers like Asante Samuel, Trent Cole, Brodrick Bunkley and he would fit in with everyone on the team including Donovan McNabb and DeSean Jackson.

I think that the only flaw he has is that he is disinterested from time to time against the run and sometimes he will quit on a play, but it isn't like he does it every time you'll see him run down plays from behind and you'll see him remain in his gap and keep his gap responsibility. He looks like he caused fits for some college tackles because he is a little bowling ball at DE, he has the strength and natural leverage to just barrel into a tackle and knock them off balance and he has the speed and agility to beat them to the edge.

I think Everson Griffen would be a nice fit for the Eagles, skill wise and personality wise.
Old 02-15-2010, 04:39 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Could he be a Reggie White? Gets old moves inside. Actually wait, Mario Williams, he is the closest thing to Reggie.
Old 02-15-2010, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Could he be a Reggie White? Gets old moves inside. Actually wait, Mario Williams, he is the closest thing to Reggie.
No and No. Everson Griffen isn't close to Reggie White, imagine a bigger, stronger and slightly slower Dwight Freeney when you think of what Griffen can be. And Mario Williams isn't the next Reggie White, Reggie White is in a class of his own.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:14 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

After watching film of all of the DE prospects in this year's draft, I'm going to have to go ahead and say that Brandon Graham is the most impressive, in my opinion.

He could very well be the next Dwight Freeney in the NFL. If he puts up very solid numbers in the combine (i.e. sub 4.6 40), it would be a grievous mistake for the Eagles to pass on him @ 24, imho.

Then again, if he wrecks the Combine, the Patriots will most likely grab him before he drops to the 24th pick.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:32 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
After watching film of all of the DE prospects in this year's draft, I'm going to have to go ahead and say that Brandon Graham is the most impressive, in my opinion.

He could very well be the next Dwight Freeney in the NFL. If he puts up very solid numbers in the combine (i.e. sub 4.6 40), it would be a grievous mistake for the Eagles to pass on him @ 24, imho.

Then again, if he wrecks the Combine, the Patriots will most likely grab him before he drops to the 24th pick.
I completely agree with everything in this post

Brandon Graham will go MUCH higher than people expect IMO and if the Eagles somehow get him in the 20s it will be a huge mistake for just about every team that passed on him.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:47 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

I just think he doesn't have the height requirement you look for in your first round DE.

As for Griffen, he is no Freeny. He has a nice spin move, and does a good job of using his hand and other moves, get good burst of the line as well. One thing, he does not look good rushing the passer standing up.

If he still played at 260, he could probably run at 4.5, 4.49.
Old 02-16-2010, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

Who cares about height for DEs nowadays? If anything, guys like James Harrison, Dwight Freeney, and Elvis Dumervil have shown us that 6'0" DEs can sometimes be MORE effective than taller ones, because the combination of their shortness and bulk allows them to get better leverage on bigger tackles.

I'm going to go ahead and say it right now: *If* Brandon Graham posts a sub 4.6 40 at the Combine, he will become the same caliber of player as Dwight Freeney in the NFL, and will post double-digit sack numbers for YEARS to come. I will guarantee that he becomes a Pro Bowl DE, barring some catastrophic injury or something.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 02:42 PM    (permalink
Havok69
Rookie

Havok69 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Here's my first Eagles mock for 2010...

1. Greg Hardy, DE - Old Miss :
Hardy could start from day 1. He's an elite pass rusher with great size (almost 6’4, 280) to put on the left side opposite Cole. Without his history of injury, Hardy would likely be a top 10 pick. And with the Eagles, character is a non-issue, so any of those rumblings about off field problems are pretty much irrelevant. The concerns are most likely overblown anyway. Being young and a football star can make guys act stupid sometimes. It's not like Hardy is a cold blooded torturer, but I digress.

The much bigger concern with Hardy is injury, but at pick 24 and with the Eagles overall situation at DE, it's worth it. While he's talented enough to start right away, he can be worked into the rotation, allowing his body to take less of a pounding early on while giving him a chance to work with an NFL training staff to build up and strengthen his frame. Parker and/or Abiamiri can play on 1st and 2nd down and short yardage and Hardy can come in and pin his ears back on 3rd down and/or long yardage. After Hardy develops into a more complete NLF player and proves he can stay healthy, he can be an every down force full time on the left side for a long time.

The Eagles also could look at CB or S here, but DE is a need at a premium position and must be addressed ASAP. Conversely, S is not, and while it is a major need, luckily for the Eagles, S is one of the deepest positions in the 2010 draft.

2. Kareem Jackson, CB - Alabama :
Sheldon is starting to show his age, and with his contract issues/whining, it's time to think about the future. The Eagles have always looked ahead, and taking a corner early here actually parallels their approach when Sheldon himself was drafted. Samuel is great, but he's also 30, and Hanson is best suited in a nickel role. With Hobbs likely gone and nothing else on the roster worth noting, CB is actually a pretty big need.

Jackson was a 3 year starter at 2010 National Champion Alabama, and is known for effective man coverage, important in the Eagles blitzing scheme. He can come in and learn from some great players, allowing him to take over Sheldon's role as a starter possibly as early as oh'11.

3. Myron Rolle, S - Florida State :
In a deep S class, the Eagles can and should hold off until the 3rd round to address this major need. DE and CB are just premium positions that need to be addressed first, while S can wait. In this class, even waiting til the 3rd can still land them a stud, which it does here. Rolle is good enough to play right away, and there's no question he'll be able to learn the playbook and every scheme they throw at him. He's smarter than anyone on the coaching staff as it is.

He will be a leader and the cliched "coach on the field" and he will bring size (almost 6’2, 220) and athleticism as well. Rolle will most likely play SS, and the Eagles should have no problem moving Quintin Mikell over to FS. They can then let Macho take a seat and learn how to play FS behind Mikell for another couple years. Demps can take his ass to the curb.

3. Joique Bell, RB - Wayne St:
Small school prospect who can do it all. Good size at 5’11, 225, can run inside as well as catch passes (he apparently caught a lot of screens in school, which is a huge plus for the Eagles). Would be a great prospect to develop alongside McCoy.

The 3rd round is probably a little high for a guy out of such a low level program, but his skill set and potential make him a good value at the end of the 3rd, especially for a team that desperately needs another top back (whether BWest is back or not in ’10) to pair with McCoy.

4. AJ Edds, SLB – Iowa:
Former TE knows how to cover on the strong side. Great size at 6’4, 245, underrated athleticism, and a smart player. Hopefully makes everyone forget the last Iowa LB the Eagles drafted.

Edds' draft position is going to hinge on how he measures out at the Combine. If he can show he can run and displays some athleticism, Edds might not even be available at this point in the 4th.

4. Jarrett Brown, QB - West Virginia:
Only a 1 year starter, but Brown showed great athleticism and a good arm at the Senior Bowl. He is worth taking a shot on as a developmental prospect and someone who can contribute possibly in the Wildcat role down the road.

Brown's rawness means he should probably be drafted later, but the Eagles have no 5th round pick and if they like a guy, they need to make sure they get him. And a QB to develop is a big need, regardless of how the McNabb/Kolb/Vick issue plays out.

6. Chris Scott, OT - Tennessee:
Big (6’5, 330) LT prospect could challenge Dunlap for a roster spot.

7. (proj. comp) AJ Wallace, CB - Penn State:
More depth for the Secondary. Wallace has good size (6’, 195) and can return kicks.

7. (proj. comp) Erik Cook, C - New Mexico:
Versatile lineman that Reid likes.

Last edited by Havok69 : 02-16-2010 at 03:09 PM.
Havok69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 03:06 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Uh Hardy probably will go in the second, and Edds in the 3rd. He is really moving up boards.

Most of those guys you mentioned play in the 3-4 as Olb. So B. Graham would be an excellent first as 3-4 olb, and I think a 3-4 team is going to draft him.
Old 02-16-2010, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Havok69
Rookie

Havok69 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Uh Hardy probably will go in the second, and Edds in the 3rd. He is really moving up boards.

Most of those guys you mentioned play in the 3-4 as Olb. So B. Graham would be an excellent first as 3-4 olb, and I think a 3-4 team is going to draft him.
Uh, Hardy won't go in the 2nd if the Eagles take him at 24. Uh, LOL at know everything douches. But thanks for your well reasonsed feedback.
Havok69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hardy won't go in the first. Too inconsistent and injury problems will scare teams off.
Old 02-16-2010, 05:11 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok69 View Post
Uh, Hardy won't go in the 2nd if the Eagles take him at 24. Uh, LOL at know everything douches. But thanks for your well reasonsed feedback.
why would they take him at 24? He is to injury prone to be picked that high and there are other DE who you could take there. Brandon Graham will end up going before him. His motor runs hot and cold.