Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 02-24-2010, 11:41 AM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are the odds we could go:

1) Earl Thomas, S, Texas
2) Maurkice Pouncey, C, Florida
3) Ryan Matthews, RB, Fresno State or Brandon Ghee, CB, Wake Forest
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 11:58 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think if the Eagles move up in the second then Pouncey would be there. Its hard to find a center with his size and he could play guard.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:43 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

24. Philadelphia Eagles - Sean Weatherspoon, OLB, Missouri
56. Philadelphia Eagles - Larry Asante, S, Nebraska
69. Philadelphia Eagles (f/SEA) - Kareem Jackson, CB, Alabama
87. Philadelphia Eagles - D'Anthony Smith, DT, Louisiana Tech
119. Philadelphia Eagles - LeGarrette Blount, RB, Oregon
124. Philadelphia Eagles (f/NYJ) - Jason Worilds, DE, Virginia Tech
136. Philadelphia Eagles (f/BUF) - Carlton Mitchell, WR, South Florida
159. Philadelphia Eagles (f/NO) - Taylor Price, WR, Ohio
168. Philadelphia Eagles (f/BUF) - Brandon Banks, RS, Kansas State
190. Philadelphia Eagles (f/IND) - T.J. Ward, S, Oregon

Final draft.

Did I Win?

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Last edited by Brothgar : 02-25-2010 at 08:06 PM.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post

Final draft.

Did I Win?
Eagles will never draft a linebacker in the first round, nor should they. The position is just not important enough to warrant a first round pick.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:37 PM    (permalink
Havok69
Rookie

Havok69 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

Final draft.

Did I Win?
I won't say moronically douchey things like this guy Morty, but Win? No.

No DE? No Safety until the very last pick? A LB who isn't suited for the strong side? Not feeling it.
Havok69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 03:48 PM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.

Quote:

Final draft.

Did I Win?
Im not liking DT in the 3rd way too early for someone who will only compete for the last DT spot.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ
camp_eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's my latest mock (with a couple FA signings)

- Sign Aaron Kampman and Antrel Rolle in Free Agency. - Fills our 2 biggest needs and allows us to draft more for the future rather than putting us in position to have to rely on rookies.
- Trade Michael Vick to Buffalo for their 4th round pick. - We ship Michael Vick off rather than Donovan in hopes that McNabb might have 1 final run in him. It's his last chance though because his contract is up in a year.

Draft

Round 1 - Sergio Kindle LB/DE Texas - With LDE and FS filled we can now make a bit of a luxury pick. Kindle can play a similar role as his former teammate Brian Orakpo did for the skins that earned him a pro bowl bid. Kindle can play SLB on first and second downs and then line up at DE on 3rd downs with Kampman moving inside. He actually makes more sense as a LB in the 4-3 than Orakpo did.

Round 2 - Donovan Warren CB Michigan - Sheldon Brown is getting up there in age and the eagles look for his future replacement in the same round they stole Brown. Warren was once hyped as a 1st round pick but with other guys like Kyle Wilson and Devin McCourty flying up draft boards Warren should be around when the eagles pick in the 2nd. Warren is a solid all around corner that doesn't have any glaring weaknesses, but also may not have the star potential of some others.

Round 3a - Montario Hardesty RB Tennessee - With the sudden departure of Brian Westbrook and the 2nd best true halfback on the eagles being Eldra Buckley, it is pretty obvious the eagles will look for a RB fairly early. Hardesty reminds me a lot of a young Correll Buckhalter in that he has good size, runs hard, and is sneaky fast. I think he's good enough to not only be a backup, but will get a pretty solid workload and form a nice 1-2 punch with McCoy, with Weaver being the lead blocker and occasional ball carrier.

Round 3b - Lindsey Witten DE Connecticut - Kampman is great, but he's not exactly a spring chicken. The eagles still need to look to the future at the position and Witten definitely has the ability to be a starter. Could contribute as a rookie in a rotational role, but don't be surprised if this guy is the starter at LDE in a couple years.

Round 4a - Danario Alexander WR Missouri - This guy was getting hyped as a 2nd or even 1st round pick by some people, but I don't see it. He is extremely raw, has pretty average speed and doesn't really know how to run many routes. With our WRs, we can take a risk because he does have a lot of upside. At 6'5, he may finally give the eagles a receiving threat at WR in the redzone. Look for Cornelius Ingram to help there too.

Round 4b - Mike Johnson OG Alabama - The eagles currently have a lot of uncertainty at O-Line. Between Jamaal Jackson and Stacy Andrews' physical health and Shawn Andrews' mental health, the eagles will be looking to pick up some insurance. Johnson is very versatile and can play both guard positions and right tackle in a pinch. May have some starting potential on the inside as well.

Round 4c - Jarrett Brown QB West Virginia - I've had this pick in all of my mock drafts for a reason. The pick makes a lot of sense to me in that they will be looking to not only replace Michael Vick on the depth chart, they will be looking for a future number 2 to Kevin Kolb. Brown fits the offense like a glove and although he doesn't have a lot of experience, he's one of the better developmental guys in the draft.

Round 6 - Michael Hoomanawanui TE Illinois - If Cornelius Ingram can stay healthy the eagles could potentially have one of the better TE duos in the league, but they could use that guy that is like an extra O-Lineman at the TE position. Won't provide much in the receiving game but with Celek, Ingram, and all our WRs, we don't really need another weapon. Also, his name is sure to make him a fan favorite.

Final 53 man roster

Offense (25)
QB - Donovan McNabb, Kevin Kolb, Jarrett Brown (3)
HB - LeSean McCoy, Montario Hardesty, Eldra Buckley (3)
FB - Leonard Weaver (1)
WR - DeSean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin, Jason Avant, Kevin Curtis, Danario Alexander (5)
TE - Brent Celek, Cornelius Ingram, Michael Hoomanawanui (3)
LT - Jason Peters, King Dunlap (2)
LG - Todd Herremans, Mike Johnson (2)
C - Jamaal Jackson, Nick Cole (2)
RG - Stacy Andrews, Max Jean-Gilles (2)
RT - Winston Justice, Shawn Andrews (2)

Defense (25)
RDE - Trent Cole, Lindsey Witten, Darren Howard (3)
RDT - Brodrick Bunkley, Antonio Dixon (2)
LDT - Mike Patterson, Trevor Laws (2)
LDE - Aaron Kampman, Juqua Parker, Victor Abiamiri (3)
WLB - Will Witherspoon, Tracy White (2)
MLB - Stewart Bradley, Akeem Jordan (2)
SLB - Sergio Kindle, Moise Fokou (2)
LCB - Asante Samuel, Ellis Hobbs, Joselio Hanson (3)
FS - Antrel Rolle, Macho Harris (2)
SS - Quintin Mikell, Quintin Demps (2)
RCB - Sheldon Brown, Donovan Warren (2)

Special Teams (3)
K - David Akers (1)
P - Sav Rocca (1)
LS - Jon Dorenbos (1)

Free Agent Signing
Draft Pick

Last edited by Go_Eagles77 : 02-25-2010 at 05:39 PM.
Go_Eagles77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:15 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok69 View Post
I won't say moronically douchey things like this guy Morty, but Win? No.

No DE? No Safety until the very last pick? A LB who isn't suited for the strong side? Not feeling it.
I did address those positins but failed to post

56. Philadelphia Eagles - Larry Asante, S, Nebraska
124. Philadelphia Eagles (f/NYJ) - Jason Worilds, DE, Virginia Tech

I should have addressed each a round sooner but weatherspoon has too much value.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 09:26 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Danario Alexander tore some ligaments in his knee and he won't be able to perform at the combine, nor Mizzou's proday so I think he is going to fall a little bit.

I'm also going to pass on Sergio Kindle. I think we take away his best asset (rushing the passer) by putting him at SLB in our defense. He plays fairly well in space, but I'm not sure just how excited I am about him covering Witten, Cooley, Boss, etc.

I'd rather us beef up our dline so we can get a solid pass rush with just 4 guys.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:39 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hei is going to fall out of the draft with bum knees like those.
Old 02-26-2010, 08:27 PM    (permalink
WaitingForSomeday

Ideally, with McNabb going to ARZ/MIN and Vick to STL/BUF/OAK;

1A: E.Thomas FS
1B (McNabb): B.Graham LDE
2: M.Burnett SS
3A (SEA): B.Ghee CB
3B+4A (Vick): AJ.Edds SAM
3C (McNabb): M.Hardesty RB
4B: S.Canfield QB
4C (NYJ): M.Johnson MIKE

C.Gocong and T.Laws are also trade bait, which may allow some jockeying if need be.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ideally, McNabb stays in Philly.
Old 02-27-2010, 12:24 AM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
Ideally, McNabb stays in Philly.
No doubt in my mind he is staying now. I believe they are going to try and make one more run at a SB, and if we fall short we cut ties. Simple as that.
Old 02-27-2010, 02:49 PM    (permalink
WaitingForSomeday

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
No doubt in my mind he is staying now. I believe they are going to try and make one more run at a SB, and if we fall short we cut ties. Simple as that.
The defense won't be SB calibre in 2010. Rebuild the D, get Kolb experience, and become a serious contender in 2011+.
Old 02-27-2010, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitingForSomeday View Post
The defense won't be SB calibre in 2010. Rebuild the D, get Kolb experience, and become a serious contender in 2011+.
If they sign a guy like Peppers or Kampmann in free agency, and Bradley comes back and plays close to 85%-90% or so, and they draft an impact safety, it could realistically be a top 5 defense again.
Old 02-27-2010, 03:42 PM    (permalink
WaitingForSomeday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
If they sign a guy like Peppers or Kampmann in free agency, and Bradley comes back and plays close to 85%-90% or so, and they draft an impact safety, it could realistically be a top 5 defense again.
If #1, Peppers: I have less confidence than you, that the FO has the willingness to sign 30+ year player to a MEGA deal.

If #2, Kampmann: Much more realistic, but again a 30+ player coming off a ACL... I'm in favor of this, but I'm not expecting slam dunk results.

If #3, Bradley: He will certainly help, and I hear he's rehabbing well.

If #4, Rookies: Unless you're talking about EB, making assumptions about rookie contributions is dangerous.

Okay, now put all of the IFs together and you might have a top-5 defense... but you're also talking about the same team that got abused by NYG, DAL and made the WAS offense look competant. Improvement shouldn't be hard; but to transform into a dominant defense - that's something else IMO.
Old 02-27-2010, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitingForSomeday View Post
If #1, Peppers: I have less confidence than you, that the FO has the willingness to sign 30+ year player to a MEGA deal.

If #2, Kampmann: Much more realistic, but again a 30+ player coming off a ACL... I'm in favor of this, but I'm not expecting slam dunk results.

If #3, Bradley: He will certainly help, and I hear he's rehabbing well.

If #4, Rookies: Unless you're talking about EB, making assumptions about rookie contributions is dangerous.

Okay, now put all of the IFs together and you might have a top-5 defense... but you're also talking about the same team that got abused by NYG, DAL and made the WAS offense look competant. Improvement shouldn't be hard; but to transform into a dominant defense - that's something else IMO.
They were only one season removed from being a dominant defense - in 2008 they had the #3 defense in the league. The 2009 defense wasn't much different, maybe minus Bradley, minus Dawk, and minus JJ.

All it takes is a few tweaks and the addition of an impact player or two. Bradley comes back, you have to find a playmaker to offset the loss of Dawk, whether that's at safety or elsewhere. And remember that the DC, McDermott, was thrust into the position abruptly. Next year he'll have a much better handle on the situation, and will have the opportunity to draft "his" guys.

I'm not guaranteeing that the defense WILL be elite next year, but it's WELL within the realm of possibility, and really wouldn't take that much to accomplish. It's not like we're trying to turn around the Lions defense or anything.
Old 02-27-2010, 08:08 PM    (permalink
WaitingForSomeday

Quote:
I'm not guaranteeing that the defense WILL be elite next year, but it's WELL within the realm of possibility, and really wouldn't take that much to accomplish. It's not like we're trying to turn around the Lions defense or anything.
Okay, tweak here - tweak there. Top 5 defense once again, and this time McNabb will have the answers. SB or bust.

Whether McNabb remains the QB or AR moves forward with Kolb, doesn't really affect my outlook for the draft. I see McNabb being worth a late 1st and 3rd - while Kolb is worth an early 2nd and 3rd. The FO would have the ability to target the same positions/players I mentioned.

Whether McNabb or Kolb is the QB in the upcoming season doesn't really affect my expectations on how I feel the team will perform. In either case, I think the team will be in playoff contention. The difference is - in the out years I rather have a QB in his prime while the young talent on offense/defense is peaking. This is my opinion and I don't expect to change any minds at this point. The McNabb/Kolb debate has been going on for sometime, and the camps have been rather polarized. We'll see what happens, and hope for the best.

Last edited by WaitingForSomeday : 02-27-2010 at 08:11 PM.
Old 02-27-2010, 08:30 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

My boy, Clifton Geathers, just measured out 38 inch arms and weighed in at 299 lbs. I'm excited to see what his 40 and cone drill times are, to see how nimble and fast he is at that weight. I know some of you guys are opposed to drafting him because of how occasionally our DE's drop back in coverage. Typical project player.

I've also became a fan of Tony Moeaki. Has good hands and is a good in line blocker. Has 4.7 speed and is an alright athlete.
Old 02-27-2010, 08:49 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

Sorry wrong place.

Last edited by superman8456 : 02-27-2010 at 09:09 PM.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

I don't like Sproles at all.

He sounds dumb in interviews and he's basically a freakin' midget.

We need a BIG back, not another little one.
Old 02-28-2010, 12:07 AM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.

Quote:
I don't like Sproles at all.

He sounds dumb in interviews and he's basically a freakin' midget.

We need a BIG back, not another little one.
And Bunkley's a Rhodes Scholar. What does interview presentation have to do with being a good football player? also 4th in KO return yards this past year I will take him any day.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ
camp_eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 02:24 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right now the top 4 guys I want that have a reasonable chance to be there are Brandon Graham, Sean Weatherspoon, Earl Thomas and Kyle Wilson. I'd be very happy with any one of them.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:56 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Right now the top 4 guys I want that have a reasonable chance to be there are Brandon Graham, Sean Weatherspoon, Earl Thomas and Kyle Wilson. I'd be very happy with any one of them.
That'd be great, but I guarantee you that Reid will do something dumb like reach for an offensive lineman like Maurkice Pouncey or John Jerry in the first round, or trade down for some project player. Or worse yet, draft some surefire bust like Carlos Dunlap.

I can feel it coming.
Old 03-07-2010, 11:19 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That'd be great, but I guarantee you that Reid will do something dumb like reach for an offensive lineman like Maurkice Pouncey or John Jerry in the first round, or trade down for some project player. Or worse yet, draft some surefire bust like Carlos Dunlap.

I can feel it coming.
Reid doesn't reach for O-linemen, so you don't have to worry about that. The linemen he has taken high have been at good value as they were perceived as prospects, and for the most part, worked out well. Reid as a whole has been a pretty good drafter, minus the busts like FredEx and Stinkston, as well as some other, but as whole the Eagles have had one of the better draft track records since Reid has been in charge.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote