Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Shawne Merriman Will He Be Franchised?
Yes 11 36.67%
No 19 63.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-10-2009, 06:32 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.
Default 2010 The Year Of The Linebackers?

DeMarcus Ware, Dallas Cowboys
Shawne Merriman, San Diego Chargers
Keith Bulluck, Tennessee Titans
Derrick Burgess, New England Patriots
Elvis Dumervil, Denver Broncos
Gary Brackett, Indianapolis Colts
Thomas Davis, Carolina Panthers
Thomas Howard, Oakland Raiders
D'Qwell Jackson, Cleveland Browns
Derrick Johnson, Kansas City Chiefs
Kirk Morrison, Oakland Raiders
DeMeco Ryans, Houston Texans
Barrett Ruud, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Leon Williams, Cleveland Browns

With Marcus McNeil, Chris Chambers, Vincent Jackson, and Darren Sproles all set to be free agents will they tag Merriman? With Larry English drafted in the 1st round and Scott having 5 linebackers/hybrids (Walterfootball having up to 9) going in the first round I think this might be his last year with them unless he does amazing.

Last edited by The Legend : 09-11-2009 at 02:51 PM.
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 06:37 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First thought for me is that they tag McNeil, not Merriman.

Are all the listed LB's FA's? Daaaang...

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 06:41 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
First thought for me is that they tag McNeil, not Merriman.

Are all the listed LB's FA's? Daaaang...
And I didn't even put the RFA in their.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:42 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
DeMarcus Ware, Dallas Cowboys
Shawne Merriman, San Diego Chargers
Keith Bulluck, Tennessee Titans
Derrick Burgess, New England Patriots
Elvis Dumervil, Denver Broncos
Gary Brackett, Indianapolis Colts
Thomas Davis, Carolina Panthers
Thomas Howard, Oakland Raiders
D'Qwell Jackson, Cleveland Browns
Derrick Johnson, Kansas City Chiefs
Kirk Morrison, Oakland Raiders
DeMeco Ryans, Houston Texans
Barrett Ruud, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
D.J. Williams, Denver Broncos
Leon Williams, Cleveland Browns

With Marcus McNeil, Chris Chambers, Vincent Jackson, and Darren Sproles all set to be free agents will they tag Merriman?
You are excellent at naming linebackers!

Seriously though I think a lot of these guys will have good seasons, and make bank next year.

As for your other question; If the CBA isn't extended, then Merriman and Jackson will be RFA in 2010, and thus extremely likely to be back with the Chargers.

Sproles will probably be gone under any scenario, unless he accepts a less than market value deal. Which could happen, he is obviously in a place that allows him to excel in SD's system.

McNeill has had neck issues and has steadily declined since his absolutely ridiculous rookie year. Honestly, how he plays this year will be a huge part of how his contract negotiations go.

Jackson has had a couple DUIs which I absolutely despise, but he is so freaking talented, productive and just as importantly, very young. He also has great chemistry with Rivers, our 92 million dollar QB, and was a raw prospect who the Chargers put a lot of time into developing. I think he would get the tag over Merriman, considering...

AJ Smith absolutely hates Shawne. I find it extremely unlikely that Merriman will sign a long term deal with the Bolts given AJ's extremely obviously dislike of all of 56's extracurricular activities and headlines. Maybe we can get value in a franchise tag, but it's pretty likely he walks if you ask me.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 06:44 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
I give all the thanks to KFFL & Rotoworld lol But it's still one hell of a list
Old 09-10-2009, 06:47 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Though not done yet, the Browns and D'Qwell Jackson's agent have been working on an extension.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post

Seriously though I think a lot of these guys will have good seasons, and make bank next year.

As for your other question; If the CBA isn't extended, then Merriman and Jackson will be RFA in 2010, and thus extremely likely to be back with the Chargers.

Sproles will probably be gone under any scenario, unless he accepts a less than market value deal. Which could happen, he is obviously in a place that allows him to excel in SD's system.

McNeill has had neck issues and has steadily declined since his absolutely ridiculous rookie year. Honestly, how he plays this year will be a huge part of how his contract negotiations go.

Jackson has had a couple DUIs which I absolutely despise, but he is so freaking talented, productive and just as importantly, very young. He also has great chemistry with Rivers, our 92 million dollar QB, and was a raw prospect who the Chargers put a lot of time into developing. I think he would get the tag over Merriman, considering...

AJ Smith absolutely hates Shawne. I find it extremely unlikely that Merriman will sign a long term deal with the Bolts given AJ's extremely obviously dislike of all of 56's extracurricular activities and headlines. Maybe we can get value in a franchise tag, but it's pretty likely he walks if you ask me.
AJ isn't going to let him walk without fighting to get something beyond a comp pick for him. This isn't the Brees and Turner situation.

If the CBA doesn't get resolved then I foresee us using either the franchise tag or the RFA on Merriman.
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 06:57 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the Chiefs going more 3-4 I look for Derrick Johnson to hit FA unless he really shows up big time this season.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:58 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenos View Post
AJ isn't going to let him walk without fighting to get something beyond a comp pick for him. This isn't the Brees and Turner situation.

If the CBA doesn't get resolved then I foresee us using either the franchise tag or the RFA on Merriman.
I don't doubt it's a possibility but I am inclined to think AJ hates him enough to watch him walk.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
With the Chiefs going more 3-4 I look for Derrick Johnson to hit FA unless he really shows up big time this season.
Considering that he is a 3rd stringer right now, I doubt DJ will be back.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 07:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Prediction: Shawne Merriman will be a Baltimore Raven.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 07:15 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Prediction: Shawne Merriman will be a Baltimore Raven.
Maryland connection works, and his demeanor on the field would be an excellent replacement to Ray's once hes gone. Off the field though, they might want to look elsewhere for any glimpse of Ray's influence, although Ray seems like the type to stay pretty involved with the team so it might not even be an issue. Yeah, I think Merriman to Baltimore would be a great fit. That would be A LOT of money tied up in two linebackers though and as we constantly hear when anyone brings up the Ravens being a good destination for a free agent, they still need to have cap space to re-sign Ngata and Gaither long term pretty soon as well.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basileus777 View Post
Considering that he is a 3rd stringer right now, I doubt DJ will be back.
On paper he will be starting soon I mean come on both DJ and Page are going to be starting Todd Haley is just playing the same games he played with Bo.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:18 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the bolts let Merriman walk I can't imagine them in the playoffs next year, he's just such a dominant force as a pass rusher and run stuffer that their defense isn't even close to the same level without him. He's one of the league's best defensive players and without him I honestly think the raiders, provided Russell takes the next step, will surpass them.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 07:30 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My question is does anybody think Merriman could play a down lineman in a traditional 4-3 or cover 2 scheme. I heard his coverage skills are lackluster and he really is best when rushing the passer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 07:31 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Carolina can keep Thomas Davis he's a really underrated linebacker. There figures to be a 17million dollars free in cap space next offseason if Peppers leaves so I don't think the money will be an issue.

I'll be really surprised if all of these guys hit the open market, I remember a few seasons ago everyone was Jizzing in their pants over marquee free agents for them almost all to be signed before the end of the next season.

Merriman may be allowed to walk, steroids, woman bashing, injuries.

Even if the above three are overblown by the media, perception and rumor become reality all to quickly and the chargers have a lot of pressing needs elsewhere based on who else will be FA on their team...

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 07:41 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If it becomes uncapped, i'll hope that Jerrah pays up for Shawne and DeMarcus and we'll have one scary pass rush.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:03 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
DeMarcus Ware, Dallas Cowboys - Resigned or tagged
Shawne Merriman, San Diego Chargers - May leave in free agency--- AJ Smith doesn't like him
Keith Bulluck, Tennessee Titans - Will take hometown discount
Derrick Burgess, New England Patriots - Free agent
Elvis Dumervil, Denver Broncos - Possibly re-signed based on DJ Williams
Gary Brackett, Indianapolis Colts - Free agent
Thomas Davis, Carolina Panthers - Not sure
Thomas Howard, Oakland Raiders - Re-signed to absurd contract
D'Qwell Jackson, Cleveland Browns - Likely re-signed
Derrick Johnson, Kansas City Chiefs - Re-signed or tagged
Kirk Morrison, Oakland Raiders - Possible free agent
DeMeco Ryans, Houston Texans - Re-signed or tagged
Barrett Ruud, Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Re-signed or tagged
D.J. Williams, Denver Broncos - Possibly re-signed based on Elvis Dumervil
Leon Williams, Cleveland Browns - Free agency
My take on the situation.

Last edited by JT Jag : 09-10-2009 at 08:06 PM.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 08:05 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

why is Leon William on the list? The guy was lucky he didnt get cut last week, now he's a 3rd stringer/special teamer.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
If the bolts let Merriman walk I can't imagine them in the playoffs next year, he's just such a dominant force as a pass rusher and run stuffer that their defense isn't even close to the same level without him. He's one of the league's best defensive players and without him I honestly think the raiders, provided Russell takes the next step, will surpass them.
You mean like last year when the Bolts made the Playoffs without Merriman?
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 08:12 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
We kinda made the playoffs last year without Merriman.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 08:38 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
We kinda made the playoffs last year without Merriman.
And they're playing in the worst division the NFL has seen since the 2003-2007 AFC East.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You forgot this beast. ;)

Old 09-10-2009, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
You mean like last year when the Bolts made the Playoffs without Merriman?
Read his entire post. He said he thinks another team will step up. This implies that he currently thinks the chargers are the best, and in the future, he thinks the raiders will become better. Losing Merriman will further help the raiders be better.

Note; I don't think the Raiders will surpass the Chargers. If anyone passes the Chargers anytime soon, I believe it will be the chiefs. However, I was just translating what he said for those that were unable to read it.

Last edited by Bengalsrocket : 09-10-2009 at 10:07 PM.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
I hope Carolina can keep Thomas Davis he's a really underrated linebacker. There figures to be a 17million dollars free in cap space next offseason if Peppers leaves so I don't think the money will be an issue.

I'll be really surprised if all of these guys hit the open market, I remember a few seasons ago everyone was Jizzing in their pants over marquee free agents for them almost all to be signed before the end of the next season.

Merriman may be allowed to walk, steroids, woman bashing, injuries.

Even if the above three are overblown by the media, perception and rumor become reality all to quickly and the chargers have a lot of pressing needs elsewhere based on who else will be FA on their team...

If he produces like he did before the knee injury and his production clearly elevates their defensive play and pass rush from the crap it was last year, I think the Chargers will have a pretty easy time forgiving him for being a dumb **** if he makes them a much better team.

People are willing to forgive you if you can bring something to the team that no one else can for certain give to the team.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote