Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Shawne Merriman Will He Be Franchised?
Yes 11 36.67%
No 19 63.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-10-2009, 10:11 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Add Aaron Kampman to the list. Although there is no way in hell he hits the open market.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:39 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
And they're playing in the worst division the NFL has seen since the 2003-2007 AFC East.
Tell me something I dont know.

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Denver Bronco56
Veteran

Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This list is not accurate.... DJ was resigned by the broncos with like a 6 year 36 million or something along those lines...2 years ago
Denver Bronco56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh, Shawne Merriman, I know a team up I-5 that would gladly take you in. Their name starts with '4' and ends in '9ers'.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:33 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I say if he hits the open market Dumervil is a Jet.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought the 'Boys were close to re-signing Ware... no way they let him go. Best of that group without a doubt.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:42 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
I thought the 'Boys were close to re-signing Ware... no way they let him go. Best of that group without a doubt.
Yup. Ware will be the richest defensive player ever soon enough. Unless Jerry has a death wish.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 12:11 AM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
I don't doubt it's a possibility but I am inclined to think AJ hates him enough to watch him walk.
The fact that Kevin Acee reported something like that means that it almost will not happen.
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:45 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ware's agent was actually brought in to talk to Jerry yesterday. As Paul said, he should be the richest player in the league, fairly shortly.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 03:50 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, there really is no way in hell that Ware isn't re-signed. He deserves to be the richest, because he really is the best defensive player in the league.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:17 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't speak for every player on the list, but I seriously doubt the Buccaneers let Barrett Ruud go anywhere. He is arguably our best player. Come to think of it, who on the Buccaneers roster is currently better?

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:32 AM    (permalink
HawkEye30
Rookie

HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

boy thank the god the hawks have tatupu, hill, and curry locked up for the next 6 years haha world dominance baby

Props to BoneKrusher for the sig
Hit me up on XBOX Live: totallynotalex
HawkEye30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 08:32 AM    (permalink
Bigburt63
Veteran

Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigburt63 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Merriman would look great in flying elvis'.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:58 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
I can't speak for every player on the list, but I seriously doubt the Buccaneers let Barrett Ruud go anywhere. He is arguably our best player. Come to think of it, who on the Buccaneers roster is currently better?
This.

And only for the reason that the Buccos have little to no talent everywhere else this year. In three years, maybe JJ or Freeman will pop and roflpwn everything in sight.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 09:15 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are some damn good linebackers on that list. Alot of them wont be allowed to hit FA.

Glad theres no Steelers on that list.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 02:51 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Derrick Johnson will be traded before the deadline for a 3rd rounder and 5th rounder if he doesnt end up starting. Texans should trade for him. Hometown boy. If I was the Eagles I would trade for him they need linebackers. Bears, Vikings, and Buccs would be good systems for him.

Last edited by The Legend : 09-11-2009 at 02:54 PM.
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 02:54 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenos View Post
The fact that Kevin Acee reported something like that means that it almost will not happen.
Don't get me started, Acee has got to be the least reliable beat reporter in the NFL, and lazy to boot. But this one he might have pegged.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:24 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't doubt it's a possibility but I am inclined to think AJ hates him enough to watch him walk.
I think they'll let him walk as well. I'd be hessitant to shell out alot of money to a player coming off reconstructive knee surgery, tested positive and was suspended for PEDs, and just had a run in with the law. Even though that case has been closed now, being around people like Tila Tequila is bound to attract unwanted attention to the Chargers.

Also reguarding the original post, Derrick Burgess is playing DE not LB. The Patriots are going to play alot more 4-3 this year.
Old 09-11-2009, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
The Bucs have so much cap space and so little talent. I'd be shocked if they didn't resign him.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aaaron Kampman's pissed right now.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Don't get me started, Acee has got to be the least reliable beat reporter in the NFL, and lazy to boot. But this one he might have pegged.
Well unless something else happens...I highly doubt it. And even if it does get to the point where AJ has to let Merriman go, he wouldn't just let him walk without anything. The CBA not being resolved helps us in this case because we would just slap the RFA on him.
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
Aaaron Kampman's pissed right now.
Why not liking the 3-4?
Old 09-11-2009, 10:49 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
Derrick Johnson will be traded before the deadline for a 3rd rounder and 5th rounder if he doesnt end up starting. Texans should trade for him. Hometown boy. If I was the Eagles I would trade for him they need linebackers. Bears, Vikings, and Buccs would be good systems for him.
Wait, what?

He is arguably our best LB. He is "3rd" string right now as a way to motivate him. Bowe was 3rd string a few weeks ago and he has really grown as a WR under Haley. It's the same thing with DJ and with Page. It's all a motivational tool. Pollard being cut sent a clear message to these Chiefs veterans that they need to work harder than they ever have before. I actually am looking at DJ having a BREAKOUT year in this new system. He is the perfect LB for any scheme as he can tackle, cover and rush the passer.

I find it hard to believe that we would let DJ go. He is our best defensive player period.. no one else comes close.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Last edited by vidae : 09-11-2009 at 10:51 PM.
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My self I would not be shocked to see the Chiefs trade DJ I'm not so sure he is a good fit in the 3-4 with the trouble he has getting off blockers.

He is in the last year of his deal so if they are going to move him they will have to do it soon not saying its the right move just saying I would not be shocked.

I really like DJ and while I think he is a solid LB we as Chiefs fans have been saying this is the year DJ breaks out for four years and it has yet to happen.

He might just be the most gifted athlete I have ever seen for the Chiefs at LB he has all the tools to be an All Pro but he has been to inconsistent.

I have seen him take over games but he has also been a ghost at times Todd Halye keeps saying he doesn't want yo-yo players up and down he wants the same player every week.
Old 09-11-2009, 11:44 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
I say if he hits the open market Dumervil is a Jet.
That was the first thing I thought when I saw his name.

So +1.

That's IF Gholston doesn't work out this year.