Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Shawne Merriman Will He Be Franchised?
Yes 11 36.67%
No 19 63.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-11-2009, 11:48 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
Why not liking the 3-4?
Kampman is a free agent after the season.
Old 09-12-2009, 03:33 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
I find it hard to believe that we would let DJ go. He is our best defensive player period.. no one else comes close.
I would have said Page or Pollard ubt obviously the organization doesn't agree. There's also two top 5 picks on that D-line, they better develop if the Chiefs want to have hane anyh hope at all.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 09:54 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
I would have said Page or Pollard ubt obviously the organization doesn't agree. There's also two top 5 picks on that D-line, they better develop if the Chiefs want to have hane any hope at all.
I would say Brandon Flowers is the Chiefs best D player you could make a case for Page but Pollard was never even close.

As for Tyson Jackson he has all ready shown signs of being a true beast he had a solid camp and made plays in pre season.

As for Glenn Dorsey not so much I'm not ready to throw in the towel but its not looking good.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:30 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still wondering if anyone can tell me if Merriman can play in a 4-3 scheme as a traditional down lineman, or can he only do it as a pass rusher in a 3-4?
Also you should add Julius Peppers to that list, given that he wants to become a 3-4 lineman. I hope the Titans make a big run at him and convince staying 4-3 is smart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 08:48 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
I would say Brandon Flowers is the Chiefs best D player you could make a case for Page but Pollard was never even close.

As for Tyson Jackson he has all ready shown signs of being a true beast he had a solid camp and made plays in pre season.

As for Glenn Dorsey not so much I'm not ready to throw in the towel but its not looking good.
What happened with Dorsey, is he just fat and lazy?

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
What happened with Dorsey, is he just fat and lazy?
DT is a very hard position to come in as a rookie and have a impact and on top of that he had nothing around him he was pretty much shut down all year from double teams.

This year I think he has had trouble adjusting to the 3-4 nut I'm still not ready to give up on him and I don't think its a lack of effort just that he doesn't fit the system.

If he shows this season that he can't make the adjustment I could very well see him being trade bait this next off season.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:48 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rams could pick up a legit SLB (if Larry Grant doesn't work out) and have a STUD linebacking core (WLB Will Witherspoon || MLB James Laurinatis || SLB ??? )

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 11:21 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan View Post
Still wondering if anyone can tell me if Merriman can play in a 4-3 scheme as a traditional down lineman, or can he only do it as a pass rusher in a 3-4?
Also you should add Julius Peppers to that list, given that he wants to become a 3-4 lineman. I hope the Titans make a big run at him and convince staying 4-3 is smart.
3-4 is obviously his ideal position because of his range and run stopping ability, not to mention he is more than decent in coverage, but yes he can and does put his hand on the ground.

I don't think he would ever sign with the Titans though, it was a debatably illegal 'revenge' block that caused him to miss a season, plus there's no media coverage in TN.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote