Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > St. Louis Rams Team Forum

St. Louis Rams Team Forum Discuss the Rams

Old 10-27-2009, 05:34 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
I'm sick of watching Bulger play like poop.
I haven't watched the game yet, but it didn't sound like he did very well. Still, it's got to be hard finding a rhythm as a QB when you're throwing to guys who weren't on this roster as of a month ago and probably wouldn't make many other teams' active rosters. The Rams are really in need of a #1 receiver as well as an upgrade at tight end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
:D He's new to the team, I'm still learning. But he had a monster game and looks like a great pick-up. 6 tackles, a sack, an interception, a FF and a TD in his first game as an Eagle, very impressive.

And Brandon Gibson is very talented.
It's kind of astonishing, really. Since the start of 2008, Witherspoon only had one sack, one FF, and one INT for the Rams. He goes to Philly, where the talent around him is much better, and he does that in one night.

Just goes to show you that the Rams still have a long road in front of them, but even after 'Spoon's performance, I think the Rams made a solid move for the future.
Old 11-01-2009, 03:13 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rams win, baby!! Very nice to get a victory heading into the bye week!
Old 11-01-2009, 03:50 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1-7 I love it, great game overall I'm just so glad we got the W

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 04:00 PM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i am so happy I don't know what to say...if the phillies win tonight, no sunday will compare for a while

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.
rockio42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 09:59 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We won! I was really afraid looking at the TV I was watching the Favre Bowl, I couldn't tell if it said 18-17 Detroit, or I was reading wrong, or I was dyslexic or something. But holy crap, we won!
Old 11-10-2009, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saints are coming to town. How do you guys feel this game will play out? I still remember that game in 2007 the Rams were 0-8 and every Saints was confident we would roll in that game and we got embarrassed in our own house giving the Rams their first win that year.

Well this time around you guys have a Win, and it's in St.Louis. I believe we will be big favorites again, which worries me some. The Rams are coming off their Bye Week and should be well rested, with a plan coming in. On paper I think we have the edge but we've been turning the ball over early in games lately which is a huge concern. If we continue to be careless with the football on Offense, that could be exactly what keeps the Rams in this game.. and we've been vulnerable against the run especially without Sedrick Ellis, and Scott Fujita.. so that might be good news for Steven Jackson. I'm hopeful we can get Fujita back for this game however. How are the Rams doing injury wise?
Old 11-15-2009, 06:10 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good game today. I'm actually proud of this team.
Old 11-23-2009, 02:58 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Long 3 straight games with a sack (he only has 3 all season), hopefully it's a sign of better things to come from him

Old 11-23-2009, 09:55 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Long has certainly stepped up the last three games. It would be interesting to see how his game would be affected if he had a stud tackle on the inside to help collapse the pocket. Suh or McCoy, anyone?
Old 11-23-2009, 11:42 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

i think if we draft Suh our D Line would be that much more elite, it will take pressure off Long & Carriker I'd rather take a DT with the 1st pick than a QB, also what do you think the chances are that Keith Null start a game this year

Old 11-24-2009, 04:12 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
i think if we draft Suh our D Line would be that much more elite, it will take pressure off Long & Carriker I'd rather take a DT with the 1st pick than a QB, also what do you think the chances are that Keith Null start a game this year
You think Carriker is on the team by training camp next season?
Old 11-24-2009, 06:46 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

Quote:

true that his contract will be up next season forgot about that

Old 11-24-2009, 12:33 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
also what do you think the chances are that Keith Null start a game this year
Start a game? Probably not great, but I wouldn't be surprised if he saw some reps during garbage time at the end of a game. At some point, the Rams should get him on the field to see what they might have in him, if only to help them in their decision regarding the acquisition of a QB in 2010.

Quote:
Quote:
true that his contract will be up next season forgot about that
Carriker is scheduled for free agency in 2012. He's under contract for two more seasons.
Old 11-26-2009, 10:05 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Guess who's the most penalized player in the NFL through eleven weeks?

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post...ch-barron-no-1
Old 11-27-2009, 02:44 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Aren't like two of them because he wasn't lined up on the line of scrimmage? lol truly pathetic. But, if you take away those penalties, he has played very solid this season at Tackle.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:06 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pat Shurmur needs to be fired. He is awful. I do not know enough about football where I should be able to read what play we were running. First down was Jackson up the middle, second down was get the ball in Avery or Amedola's hands and hope they can run forever, and third down was dump pass usually. It was pathetic.....there was no change to it. And then when we finally tried to switch it up Boller threw a pick, but thats prolly cuz he isn't prepared enough. Ugh....
Old 12-06-2009, 05:08 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

yes I agree, we need a good offensive coordinator this guy isn't going to work long term find some1 good Spags

Old 12-08-2009, 12:50 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Running Back DeDe Dorsey is visiting Rams Park today.

I hope the Rams sign him, he would be a better backup option to Steven than what we currently have. He has some nice speed.
Old 12-13-2009, 06:29 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

...yeah, that was embarrassing.
Old 12-27-2009, 10:51 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

A Rams loss or Lions win in Week 17 guarantees St. Louis the first pick in the 2010 draft.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:41 AM    (permalink
KennyG
Rookie

KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.KennyG is a cocksman.

Quote:
Guess who's the most penalized player in the NFL through eleven weeks?
As of week 15 I think my boy J. Trueblood holds that honor...

I'm a Buc's fan and was wondering what you guys think the chance of the Rams picking a QB? We are hoping that Suh or G. McCoy fall to us but it dosn't look like that is going to happen unless you guys pick a QB....

Anyways Good luck...
KennyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 11:38 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyG View Post
As of week 15 I think my boy J. Trueblood holds that honor...

I'm a Buc's fan and was wondering what you guys think the chance of the Rams picking a QB? We are hoping that Suh or G. McCoy fall to us but it dosn't look like that is going to happen unless you guys pick a QB....

Anyways Good luck...
The people making the decisions at Rams Park don't strike me as the kind who buy into the "You have to take a QB because you need one" logic that some mock-makers use. This is obviously a team that needs a QB of the future, don't get me wrong. I just don't think they're inclined to pass on a talent like Suh to take either of these two passers as they stand now. I'm intrigued by Clausen but I don't think he's worth the first overall pick. Bradford could be if healthy, but multiple injuries to his throwing shoulder are concerning. I simply have a hard time seeing this team pass on Suh for either of these QBs, but if Bradford can throw this offseason and looks sharp with good arm strength, the scales may tip a bit.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:51 PM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGSeiler View Post
The people making the decisions at Rams Park don't strike me as the kind who buy into the "You have to take a QB because you need one" logic that some mock-makers use. This is obviously a team that needs a QB of the future, don't get me wrong. I just don't think they're inclined to pass on a talent like Suh to take either of these two passers as they stand now. I'm intrigued by Clausen but I don't think he's worth the first overall pick. Bradford could be if healthy, but multiple injuries to his throwing shoulder are concerning. I simply have a hard time seeing this team pass on Suh for either of these QBs, but if Bradford can throw this offseason and looks sharp with good arm strength, the scales may tip a bit.
i couldn't say it any better...another point is that drafting Suh would free up a lot of new packages (a lot like what he did in New York) with Long and Carriker...also a guy like Tony Pike or Colt McCoy in the second make a QB at #1 a little less likely...i hope

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.
rockio42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 11:59 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

I would jump for joy if we could get Pike in the 2nd. IMO he's the 2nd best Quarterback in the draft behind Bradford.

And I totally agree with you guys on the Quarterback situation. I don't understand why people seem to think the only way you can get a Franchise Quarterback is if you take on in the 1st round.

I think there's about 15 or 16 NFL teams whos starting Quarterback was not a 1st round selection.
Old 12-30-2009, 12:14 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
I would jump for joy if we could get Pike in the 2nd. IMO he's the 2nd best Quarterback in the draft behind Bradford.

And I totally agree with you guys on the Quarterback situation. I don't understand why people seem to think the only way you can get a Franchise Quarterback is if you take on in the 1st round.

I think there's about 15 or 16 NFL teams whos starting Quarterback was not a 1st round selection.
Yeah, once Locker decided to return I am with u guys and even with Locker I was still kinda on the fence. But the big 12 title game and seeing more highlights of Suh defntly changed my mind. I think he is the man worth taking #1. Claussen and Bradford maybe good players one day in the NFL, but I do not think they are #1 overall picks at this juncture. Plus, Pike shold be there in the second, possibly McCoy. I think those would be solid guys to tak a look at, but right now I think Suh is a no brainer at #1.