Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 09-13-2009, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 1: Broncos

Anyone care to explain why I'm mad as hell and don't feel like doing anything for the rest of the day!?!?!?

When my blood stops pumping so hard I'll post a few opinions on the game.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 03:10 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
Anyone care to explain why I'm mad as hell and don't feel like doing anything for the rest of the day!?!?!?

When my blood stops pumping so hard I'll post a few opinions on the game.
Im pretty pissed as well...I though that one pass was in int...and was all pumped up! Then the called it just incomplete...and didnt show any more replays...I was like really? Then I was so pumped because we knocked the ball out and then I was like WTF! no no no no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh man this game was a must win too.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, I will start it. ERIC BERRY TO THE BENGALS!!!!
I was glad to see Rey really lay some lumber too

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 03:19 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Well, I will start it. ERIC BERRY TO THE BENGALS!!!!
I was glad to see Rey really lay some lumber too
I was really pleased with the defense all game. The offense on the other hand..I was very disappointed in. The first quarter was fine and the last quarter was fine. However the offensive play calling was horrible in between. The offensive line is still way behind as well.
Old 09-13-2009, 03:19 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My soul has been crushed by what I just saw. So ******* sad. Hopefully it will light a fire under everyone and we come out firing next week.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 03:23 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes2053 View Post
My soul has been crushed by what I just saw. So ******* sad. Hopefully it will light a fire under everyone and we come out firing next week.
I am def hoping so. The defense couldnt have played any better imo. Denver has a great Oline and we had 3 sacks! They only like let up 12 last year or something like that. So I am def happy to see we are getting pressure. Linebackers are also doing great.

So I am hoping Bratowski can learn how to freaken play call from now until next week. Else we are in trouble.
Old 09-13-2009, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh My God.

More later!

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright, I've calmed down a little bit, so here are my notes on the subject:

(note, it's still week 1, so I'm going to try to be light on criticism)

1) Palmer Looked Great - His stats say one thing, but the game says something completely different. We had 8+ dropped passes, and the last interception wasn't really his fault (that kind of play is high risk and only happens at the end of a game when you're extremely desperate). He didn't hit the end zone, but I'm ok with that, I didn't expect him to after missing 3 preseason games. I hope the last drive is an omen of what to come in the future, as far as Palmer goes.

2) Running Game Was Almost Exciting - There were plenty of stuffed runs going on, but also enough good runs that I think we're in for a good year. The more we rotate Leonard / Scott into the game, the more exciting it gets as well. I assume as the season goes on, Bratowski will learn exactly how to use those two.

It's not great now, and I don't think we'll be describing it as "great" at the end of the year. However, it could be exciting to the point that even if we do have a losing season I will still be interested.

3) USC Linebackers Work - Maualuga & Rivers were both good today. Their ability to hit hard and and find the ball makes me confident in this linebacker group. They can really get a defense pumped up, and it's clear they both are trying their best out there.

4) Bengals fans Are Embarrassing In Paul Brown Stadium - on that last drive, being down 0-6 with 6 minutes or so on the clock, the Bengals were boo'ing the team for calling a running play. Mid boo Cedric breaks the run off and goes for 20 yards.

I'm all for fans getting into the game and even boo'ing at times. But sometimes, the coaches know better than you. That's why they wear the headset and you don't. Sit down, shut up and let's see what our team can do. We haven't had a competent running game in 3-4 years now, and it's time we cheer for Cedric.

5) Hats Off to Denver - Analysts and broadcasters always talk about that "lucky bounce", and today that's exactly what happened. But a win is a win. It doesn't matter if you completely dominate your opponent or if you slip by on the skin of your teeth because in December when everyone is fighting for play off spots, they all count the same.

They made a lot of mistakes and we made a lot of mistakes. However, they capitalized on our mistakes and continued to fight to the end of the game.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:56 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, I was at the game and its pretty much despicable to have to witness the fans. I mean, they get loud when it's needed but I just cannot stand most Cincinnati sports fans.

Anyway, the defense is spectacular and the fact that we could not capitalize on their good play is very disheartening. I actually think its more of a play calling issue than anything though. The talent is there but it seems like we go out of our way to NOT take advantage of it. This was definitely one of the most frustrating games I have ever seen n I hope to god we can get past it. When your play calling is that predictable it is difficult to get anything going. We HAVE to take more chances down the field and we HAVE to put pressure on opposing defenses through the plays that we call.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 11:48 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

I think some of the worst things I saw in the game was 3rd down play calling. On some 3rd downs when longer we did plays that werent really made for getting 1st downs. Then on 3rd and shorts we threw alot of short stuff rather than running and in many cases we dropped passes.

So in short Dropped Passes and bad 3rd down play choices were the reason we lost imo.

Any one else think the Dline looked good? I thought the interior line, especially Peko, and DE odom looked very good.
Old 09-14-2009, 10:22 AM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.

Overall I thought it was decent... The outcome of the game crushes me but we did play good between the 20's. The offense moved the ball, we were able to run the ball. Anthony Collins looked the worst on the Oline today imo. Why were we not utilizing Chris Henry yesterday? What happened to Coles hands too? 3 sacks against the Bronco's Oline is very good so thats another positive. The defense was impressive through the whole game actually. It was nice seeing their offense go 3 and out alot.

At the end of the 2nd Quarter where the booth reviewed that catch by Jabar Gaffney on the sidelines.... Did he not bobble that ball outta bounds? Initially he caught the ball and then when he got his first foot down the ball popped up and he stepped out then regained possession and they still called it a catch? Maybe I was seeing something else but that was an error by the ref imo.
crites09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

I agree w/ Gaffney's catch. However, it was a close call either way, so hard to be upset with the refs.
Old 09-14-2009, 02:27 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is there any real reason we didnt challenge the ruling on the field when JJ caught the ball?

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 09-14-2009, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
Is there any real reason we didnt challenge the ruling on the field when JJ caught the ball?
he was out.

embarrassing game for us. we played real good defense the majority of the time, but that last play was just ridiculous. hated how Crocker just stared at Stokely as he caught it.

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 04:04 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Defense played as well as we could've ever asked.

Offense was pretty pathetic, they would move the ball then not seal the deal or not move the ball at all. However, when we needed it they came through. Great drive at the end of the game.

That last play just ripped my soul out. I don't have a functioning computer right now or I would've been on here writing a suicide letter. Ugh.

I will say this, we made a ton of mistakes but you have to give Denver credit. They're lacking in talent for sure but they looked well coached.

I'm only going to put positives from the game down because the negatives would just depress me.

-Palmer looked just fine.
-Benson looked adequate for sure.
-More big hits than we've had the last few years in one game, I like the nastiness.
-Rivers and Rey look great out there and I was surprised with Fanene.

Bratkowski is so confusing. For years the run game was great and he would just leave it immediately in favor of pass pass pass however yesterday, he was almost too reliant on it. If we were in the lead I would've been all about it however Carson was hitting his spots and the WR's were getting open so I didn't see why there wasn't more passing.

All in all, I still want to punch a baby or something. I'm waiting on my freaking computer but I should be mourning with all of you in a few days lol. It's.... different being a Bengals fan.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 02:46 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

Fanene played REALLY well I was surprised with that. He may not be a great pass rusher but he is definitely a force against the run. You think Geathers is going to be relegated to a pass rush role now?

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165