Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 11-23-2009, 11:57 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quinn didn't look all that bad this week. Let's give it more time. He needs to do a better job looking off safeties and with his pocket presence under pressure, but that will come with time.

Give the man some time. Let him grow. Let's see what he does for the rest of the season. He had time to throw and guys got open, and he hit them.

So he's not a lost cause yet.

Maybe the Browns won't go after a QB with their pick. If Quinn can continue to grow, they shouldn't.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:01 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not about to be even halfway sold on Quinn because he looked competent vs the Lions. Did you see how wide open some of those WR's were down the field? I'm all for giving him time next year with a veteran QB as competition before drafting a new guy, but I won't even act like I'm encouraged by his performance vs the Detroit defense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 12:02 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, it was against the worst pass defense in football. No one was even covering Massaquoi on that first touchdown.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 12:04 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I'm not about to be even halfway sold on Quinn because he looked competent vs the Lions. Did you see how wide open some of those WR's were down the field? I'm all for giving him time next year with a veteran QB as competition before drafting a new guy, but I won't even act like I'm encouraged by his performance vs the Detroit defense.
He still hit them though. I mean come on, he's not the only qb playing on Sundays who had some wide open WRs run downfield.

Heck, Cutler missed some of them.

He has an awful team around him. You have to factor that in too. I like what he does before the snap, it shows me that he gets it. He just needs more practice. He needs a chance to get his feet wet.

He'll look absolutely terrible in the future. Several times, he'll look terrible. But you have to let him grow. Bc with it, he'll also get better. Eli looked downright awful his first 8 games with similar mediocrity around him when he first started. You have to let qbs grow.

I won't write Quinn off before the final game of the season at earliest.
Old 11-23-2009, 12:16 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sticking with Tampa. The Seahawks are inconsistent enough that they could put up a stinker and hand the Rams their second win of the season. The Bucs still have no winnable games on their schedule so they can't get another win without it being a shocker like Green Bay.

1. Tampa
2. St. Louis

Buffalo, Detroit, Cleveland, Washington and Oakland will fall in line for 3-7. It will be a numbers game of head-to-head +/- division records and such that determines the order. Though one of these teams may show their worth by winning a 4th game somewhere along the way.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 12:38 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFLO View Post
I doubt Mangini even wants to be there next year.

Yes, he is an absolute joke of a coach, but that team is just awful when it comes to talent. The only player they have that is there for the possible long haul is Alex Mack!
Yeah but to be fair she has superhuman strength after eating chili, and can also smoosh herself into a puddle, so that's a pretty good building block.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:08 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
Our Oline looks like this... Jon Scott - Andy Levitre - Geoff Hangartner - Seth McKinney - Kirk Chambers... enough said
Not even McKinney :/

Wood's injury makes me so very, very sad.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone use to think Tavaris Jackson was going to be good because he lit up the Lions twice a year. I'd take it with a grain of salt.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 09:50 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
I'm sticking with Tampa. The Seahawks are inconsistent enough that they could put up a stinker and hand the Rams their second win of the season. The Bucs still have no winnable games on their schedule so they can't get another win without it being a shocker like Green Bay.

1. Tampa
2. St. Louis

Buffalo, Detroit, Cleveland, Washington and Oakland will fall in line for 3-7. It will be a numbers game of head-to-head +/- division records and such that determines the order. Though one of these teams may show their worth by winning a 4th game somewhere along the way.
Cleveland still won't get up to 3 wins, and I think the Bills can take at least one of their next 3. Even with the worst line ever assembled.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 10:03 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bills v. Chiefs! Soon!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 12:01 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Everyone use to think Tavaris Jackson was going to be good because he lit up the Lions twice a year. I'd take it with a grain of salt.
If by everyone, you mean like 5 Vikings fans...maybe.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 12:07 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Bills v. Chiefs! Soon!
Neither of these teams will get it though. They each have at least some fight in them.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:19 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That would be true if T-Jax didn't throw a 4 INT game against the Lions and had one good full game against them in his career.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
That would be true if T-Jax didn't throw a 4 INT game against the Lions and had one good full game against them in his career.
fact checking me Brodeur? you cheeky bastard.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-24-2009, 12:22 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
fact checking me Brodeur? you cheeky bastard.
He caught you pretty coldly too :)
Old 11-24-2009, 12:30 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
He caught you pretty coldly too :)
Well it wasn't like I was going to take up the time to search for Tavaris Jackson's stats against the Lions haha. I must just remember certain Vikings fans statements that are sticking in my mind.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-24-2009, 01:22 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey, I still have faith in Tarvaris Jackson. Favre's magic will wear off on him.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 01:30 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well it wasn't like I was going to take up the time to search for Tavaris Jackson's stats against the Lions haha. I must just remember certain Vikings fans statements that are sticking in my mind.
I just remember Jesus Kitna stretch which included T-Jax's horrid game and looked up his stats for the rest which took about 8 seconds.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 10:11 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
We went 13-3 and then lost first round to the Colts. And then made the playoffs again the next year and lost first round to the Colts. Damn you Peyton Manning! Why do you have to be so charismatic!
Wasn't that with the most outcoached HC in NFL history Marty Schottenheimer at the helm in KC? Was it King Carl Peterson who hired Schotty in the 1st place? I thought they went 13-3 & lost with Schottenheimer calling plays in a snowstorm in Denver to Shanahan on a late FG when they had Derrick Thomas playing LB -- I may be going back too many seasons.

But you're right, of the bottom feeders KC has the best chance to elevate themselves out of the top 5 drafting next yr. per bearsfan's new rankings. Price KC pays for cutting Bernard Pollard, he was all over the field making tackles for the Texans last night, they said he was their leading tackler, s/b a Pro Bowler. Very bad last cut choice there.

Quote:
UPDATE!!!!

1) Cleveland
2) St. Louis
3) Tampa Bay
4) Detroit
5) Buffalo
6) Oakland
Maybe plug the Skins in there somewhere, at #5 if Buffalo beats KC or at the Raiders #6 if they upset more teams. When they blew their lead in Dallas Sunday it was probably the nail in their coffin since they have the unbeaten Saints, Eagles, Dallas again & finish vs. the SD Bolts.

Last edited by LizardState : 11-24-2009 at 10:19 AM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote