Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-15-2009, 11:36 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well the Broncos were one of their winable games and they blew that one.

Next week they get Green Bay, which will send them to 0-2. Then Pittsburgh, which should send them to 0-3. 0-3 is a great start to getting the #1 pick. Then they go to Cleveland, @ Baltimore, vs Houston, vs Chicago. I think it's definitely possible for them to be winless at their bye, and I don't think they can win more than one of those.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:38 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.

anything can happen on any given sunday mate ;)
crites09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:40 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reading through this brings me to this question...Is Carson Palmer, through nearly no fault of his own, the biggest waste of quarterbacking talent ever?

Gotta feel for the guy.
7-11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 12:24 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7-11 View Post
Reading through this brings me to this question...Is Carson Palmer, through nearly no fault of his own, the biggest waste of quarterbacking talent ever?

Gotta feel for the guy.
I'm assuming by "waste" you mean he has an awful W/L record for how talented he is. And you're probably right, his talent + wins don't add up. But, a big part of that is luck.

We have 2 of the best AFC teams in our division, a big time injury happens every single year, our draft luck is awful and we can't seem to build a balanced team.

So yes, the Bengals are wasting Palmer's talent. But I'm not giving up on them yet. Every team gets better every week, but I think the Bengals can fix a lot of their problems quickly.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 12:49 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7-11 View Post

Gotta feel for the guy.
How about, the greatest talent forced to swim in the world's biggest pile of crap from the head of the organization on down?
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 12:52 AM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
How about, the greatest talent forced to swim in the world's biggest pile of crap from the head of the organization on down?
Bengalsrocket, this is pretty mcuh what i meant.
7-11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 01:02 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got Tampa, Denver, and Detroit as the worst 3.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:06 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think the organization is bad though. Mike Brown gets a lot of crap, but almost unnecessarily. Sure we have bad drafts but no more than the next team. You could blame the coaching staff, but most of the top coaches were here when we won the division a few years back (except Zimmer, but I think we can all agree Zimmer has been good for us).

We mostly get screwed by luck. Palmer's knee injury the play offs. Pollack's career ending neck injury. Odell Thurman's unwarranted 2 year suspension. Palmer's elbow injury in 08. 7 Linebackers on the IR in 08. Rudi's 7 or 8 week hamstring injury in 07' (after he rushed for 100 yards in the season opener). Or Chris Perry being awesome in 05, then hurt for most of 06 and all of 07 and then never returning to that 05 form.

And look, I get it, all teams have injuries and stuff they have to deal with. But unfortunately we were a young team and didn't have anyone to step up for us for the last 2-3 years whenever someone went down. But we're not that far removed from a great division winning season, and I don't think it's the organization's fault that we're a bottom tier team at the moment.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 02:52 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After the early games I would keep the Rams, Lions, Raiders, and Chiefs towards the top; move the Redskins and Jags closer; and drop the Bengals and Texans out of the race.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 04:28 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rams or Lions.

Rams will probably get the #2 pick for the 3rd year in a row.
Old 09-20-2009, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post

Next week they get Green Bay, which will send them to 0-2. Then Pittsburgh, which should send them to 0-3. 0-3 is a great start to getting the #1 pick. Then they go to Cleveland, @ Baltimore, vs Houston, vs Chicago. I think it's definitely possible for them to be winless at their bye, and I don't think they can win more than one of those.
ha fail prediction

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Rams or Lions.

Rams will probably get the #2 pick for the 3rd year in a row.
6 points in two weeks for the Rams. Not good.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I predicted them to win the division. The Bengals are strong! Damn you Stokley!

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 05:27 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post
I predicted them to win the division. The Bengals are strong! Damn you Stokley!
That Stokley catch killed me... but today was a proud day to be a Bengals fan. Very few people thought they could beat GB and they played very well today. Hopefully we will stay consistent and put up some more W's.
crites09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 05:43 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The worst team I've had the pleasure of watching through two games has been Detroit. Cleveland would be second, but it's a pretty strong lead by Detroit.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 05:54 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFLO View Post
The worst team I've had the pleasure of watching through two games has been Detroit. Cleveland would be second, but it's a pretty strong lead by Detroit.
After seeing what's happening in the Cleveland/Denver game, I might rethink this statement........................

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 05:57 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cleveland, Detroit, St. Louis have to be the top three at this point. If Tampa doesn't improve soon, I could see them entering the conversation.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Next week they get Green Bay, which will send them to 0-2. T
Oops?....................

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 06:01 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
After seeing what's happening in the Cleveland/Denver game, I might rethink this statement........................
Well, after watching the Denver/Cincinnati game, I thought Denver was awful.

But then Cincinnati comes into Green Bay and wins, then Denver whoops up on Cleveland.

It works out if you think about it, but I see where your coming from.

St. Louis blows too.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 06:03 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFLO View Post
Well, after watching the Denver/Cincinnati game, I thought Denver was awful.

But then Cincinnati comes into Green Bay and wins, then Denver whoops up on Cleveland.

It works out if you think about it, but I see where your coming from.

St. Louis blows too.
Mind you, I'm not saying Detroit might not be worse than Cleveland, I'm just saying after this performance by Cleveland, I don't think the spread's that big.

Quote:

Old 09-20-2009, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Pb&j
Rookie

Pb&j is a cocksman.Pb&j is a cocksman.Pb&j is a cocksman.

The big matchup will be Browns-Lions. The pooper-bowl.
Pb&j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 06:14 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pb&j View Post
The big matchup will be Browns-Lions. The pooper-bowl.
Will Derek Anderson be starting by then? Or will Mangini have traded all of his players to the Jets for their scrubs by that point?

Quote:

Old 09-20-2009, 06:20 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Cleveland Browns are beyond terrible. The Lions have a lot of good pieces, and the offense is on the up and up. Top to bottom, the Browns are just putrid.
Old 09-20-2009, 06:24 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jax is surely on the fast track.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 06:27 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bottom 10 teams, in no order,

Bucs
Raiders
Lions
Browns
Chiefs
Raiders
Rams
Jags
Redskins
Broncos/Panthers/Dolphins?
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote