Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-15-2009, 06:12 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Washington/USC is a close game should be a fun watch either way

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
I hope Washington/USC is a close game should be a fun watch either way
I remember the Trojans coming in here a couple of decades ago and it was a freaking quagmire with about 60 mile an hour winds and the Huskies beat them.Unfortunately they're saying 67 and cloudy. Oh well.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 09:30 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure the Gators totally destroy the Vols. I don't think anyone rational can say that the Tennessee will win, let alone have a shot at it, but it's not like Florida runs up 60+ points in the SEC on a routine basis.Towards the end of last year they were, but they've thinned out offensively. I don't think it will be THAT bad. Bad, probably, but Tennessee could hang a bit, especially if they can get the run game going.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Last edited by ElectricEye : 09-15-2009 at 09:32 PM.
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:30 PM    (permalink
jnew76
Pro Bowler

jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I personally think Urban will try and break the scoreboard.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd love to see Tennesse knock off Florida. It would really be a hell of a story for Kiffen and the Vols.

Not that I have any faith in that happening. Florida is just way too damn good.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jerrell Powe has finally been named a starter at DT for Ole Miss opposite Lawon Scott for saturdays game against SE Louisiana (school from The Waterboy?). Ted Laurent will be rotating in; Scott, Laurent, and Powe each saw pretty much equal time against Memphis. Powe was dominant though, he was in the backfield all day and was getting doubled a lot. He has got his weight under control, he is down from the mid 380s to around 330. He is the real deal now, I know there is the intelligence issue but the guy can flat out play DT.

The news of Powe starting is actually big news, a lot of people know his saga which was resolved when he was cleared to play last summer. However, he didn't get much playing time last year as he was out of shape and still a work in progress. The coaches deceided to give him some time against Miss St. last year and he responded with two sacks and an interception. The staff felt he was ready for Memphis and he was our best defensive lineman, had two sacks in that game and was blowing plays up.

This is another soft game for Ole Miss, but we need it. Swine flu hit the team pretty hard, we had 23 cases on the team inculding Snead and Dex. By the way, the coaches aren't playing Hardy because of his ankle. If this guy wants to get drafted where he thinks he will he needs to stay healthy.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 04:30 AM    (permalink
ToldLikeItIs
Pro Bowler

ToldLikeItIs ToldLikeItIs ToldLikeItIs ToldLikeItIs ToldLikeItIs

Treat,

Arizona is going to look a lot like South Carolina last year defensively, with a shiftier running back, and equally inexperienced quarterback.

I'm not making a prediction either way at this point. You have to like the spread being -6.5 in favor of Iowa, especially considering the lack of respect the Big Ten seems to get in home.

Example: Notre Dame being favored at Michigan, USC being favored at Ohio State.
ToldLikeItIs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 08:48 AM    (permalink
benchod
Rookie

benchod is a cocksman.benchod is a cocksman.benchod is a cocksman.benchod is a cocksman.

Barkley listed as doubtful for the UW game, could be interesting to see what Corp has.

And this is a trap game if there ever is one for SC, but the loss last year to Oregon State after OSU should at least get them ready to play....
benchod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:34 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Jerrell Powe has finally been named a starter at DT for Ole Miss opposite Lawon Scott for saturdays game against SE Louisiana (school from The Waterboy?). Ted Laurent will be rotating in; Scott, Laurent, and Powe each saw pretty much equal time against Memphis. Powe was dominant though, he was in the backfield all day and was getting doubled a lot. He has got his weight under control, he is down from the mid 380s to around 330. He is the real deal now, I know there is the intelligence issue but the guy can flat out play DT.

The news of Powe starting is actually big news, a lot of people know his saga which was resolved when he was cleared to play last summer. However, he didn't get much playing time last year as he was out of shape and still a work in progress. The coaches deceided to give him some time against Miss St. last year and he responded with two sacks and an interception. The staff felt he was ready for Memphis and he was our best defensive lineman, had two sacks in that game and was blowing plays up.

This is another soft game for Ole Miss, but we need it. Swine flu hit the team pretty hard, we had 23 cases on the team inculding Snead and Dex. By the way, the coaches aren't playing Hardy because of his ankle. If this guy wants to get drafted where he thinks he will he needs to stay healthy.
SE Louisiana isn't the school from the Waterboy. That was the South Central Louisiana State University Mud Dogs. I graduated from SE Louisiana; we had just started up our football program from a twenty+ year hiatus and really shouldn't have.

We won't even be a speed bump for Ole Miss.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 01:31 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
SE Louisiana isn't the school from the Waterboy. That was the South Central Louisiana State University Mud Dogs. I graduated from SE Louisiana; we had just started up our football program from a twenty+ year hiatus and really shouldn't have.

We won't even be a speed bump for Ole Miss.
I thought the Waterboy was supposed be a parody of the SW Louisiana Ragin Cajuns. You know, all those bad jks. about a crawfish mascot "sucking the head," all the girls are called "Cher," the school where 50% of the roster is named Landry or Hebert, etc. I thought the incoherent asst. coach was the funniest thing about that movie.

Cheer up diabsoule, Bama fans recall what happened when Shula overlooked SE Louisiana 2 yrs. ago & they hung an L on the Tide..... That was Mike Shula's problem, he thought he was still coaching in the NFL.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToldLikeItIs View Post
Treat,

Arizona is going to look a lot like South Carolina last year defensively, with a shiftier running back, and equally inexperienced quarterback.

I'm not making a prediction either way at this point. You have to like the spread being -6.5 in favor of Iowa, especially considering the lack of respect the Big Ten seems to get in home.

Example: Notre Dame being favored at Michigan, USC being favored at Ohio State.
What's up with Bulaga and his mystery illness, swine flu?
Old 09-16-2009, 02:17 PM    (permalink
ToldLikeItIs
Pro Bowler

ToldLikeItIs ToldLikeItIs ToldLikeItIs ToldLikeItIs ToldLikeItIs

Bulaga has a thyroid condition. He may or may not play this weekend.
ToldLikeItIs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by benchod View Post
Barkley listed as doubtful for the UW game, could be interesting to see what Corp has.

And this is a trap game if there ever is one for SC, but the loss last year to Oregon State after OSU should at least get them ready to play....
Barkley didnt throw yesterday but not a word yet on whether he'll play.

I'm not sure about a trap game, next week they play Wazoo before taking on Cal and Notre Dame, that would probably more of a trap. With the whole Sarkisian and Holt thing and an errant prediciton by one of the Huskies i doubt they wont be ready. When Washington wins i dont want to hear about the Trojans looking ahead.:)
Old 09-16-2009, 03:54 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
I thought the Waterboy was supposed be a parody of the SW Louisiana Ragin Cajuns. You know, all those bad jks. about a crawfish mascot "sucking the head," all the girls are called "Cher," the school where 50% of the roster is named Landry or Hebert, etc. I thought the incoherent asst. coach was the funniest thing about that movie.

Cheer up diabsoule, Bama fans recall what happened when Shula overlooked SE Louisiana 2 yrs. ago & they hung an L on the Tide..... That was Mike Shula's problem, he thought he was still coaching in the NFL.
Yeah, it was ULL that they were making fun of in The Waterboy. That was ULM that beat Alabama 2 years ago. SE Louisiana has never beaten a FBS opponent.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lets HOPE Royster can finally get going this game.
Old 09-17-2009, 06:06 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Come on, everybody!

Lets. Go. Canes.

Lets. Go. Canes.

Lets. Go. Canes.

Lets. Go. Canes.
Old 09-17-2009, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is anyone listening to Holtz right now? I know I shouldn't be suprised but I can't seem to understand how Mark May hasn't broken him over his knee.

Feed Moncrief
Old 09-17-2009, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Come on, everybody!

Lets. Go. Canes.

Lets. Go. Canes.

Lets. Go. Canes.

Lets. Go. Canes.
Trying to be neutral on this one so excuse me if i dont get too rah rah for the Canes. What time does the game start? listening to the the 3 stooges here is pretty painful.
Old 09-17-2009, 06:48 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

nesbit may not be able to throw the ball in the right half of the field but he is a pretty sweet runner

Saints 2014 draft

1st: Jason Verrett
2nd: Donte Moncrief
3rd: Jimmy Ward
4th: JaWuan James
5th: Dri Archer
6th: Gabe Ikard
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 06:53 PM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Is anyone listening to Holtz right now? I know I shouldn't be suprised but I can't seem to understand how Mark May hasn't broken him over his knee.
absolutely stupid. i cant stand it.

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
nesbit may not be able to throw the ball in the right half of the field but he is a pretty sweet runner
I thought I heard Nesbit was actually a good passer who just plays in that triple option so you don't get to see it, I may be wrong though.

Feed Moncrief
Old 09-17-2009, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What did Holtz say?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 06:55 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I thought I heard Nesbit was actually a good passer who just plays in that triple option so you don't get to see it, I may be wrong though.
im just basing it on the clemson game i say last week but he was godawfull in that game

Saints 2014 draft

1st: Jason Verrett
2nd: Donte Moncrief
3rd: Jimmy Ward
4th: JaWuan James
5th: Dri Archer
6th: Gabe Ikard
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 06:56 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
What did Holtz say?
May was saying stuff along the lines of Weis' job should be in jeopardy and that they never get that 'signature win', as in they may beat Nevada but never USC or teams like that. Holtz then freaked out pretty much and said thats why he doesn't like Mays and to give Weis and the Irish more time. Typical idiotic Holtz babbling.

Feed Moncrief
Old 09-17-2009, 07:03 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jacory is at it again!!!

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote