Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-16-2009, 10:40 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Ok. Tell me how it's bad. Who should be above the Falcons?
I'm asking for an explanation on why you think the Falcons are 4th, not the other way around. They're your rankings, you did take some time to consider why you placed them where you did, right?
Old 09-16-2009, 10:53 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It was more of a question if the offensive coordinator was at fault or not. Notice the question mark. I thought they played very good on offense for the most part as well but I think they have to try to get the ball to Owens, atleast look at him more.

You think the Bills could beat the Dolphins right now because the Dolphins scored 7 in week 1 and the Bills fought it out with the Patriots? You do realize that the Bills lost to the Dolphins twice last year by an average of 12.5 points.

Like I said, everyone can overreact to week 1's games and how their teams did against potential contenders but I refuse to fall for the hype after just one game.
The question mark just made you come off like you were trying to be clever with a snap-back question against the obvious.

And I know it's a ranking argument between you two, but I still don't get anything being said regarding the Dolphins. Neither of them are really good teams. The argument regarding how they beat us twice last year seems pointless.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:00 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not to bad, I would probally have the Rams at the bottom.

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 01:20 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I'm asking for an explanation on why you think the Falcons are 4th, not the other way around. They're your rankings, you did take some time to consider why you placed them where you did, right?
Of course I put thought into it. I feel like you're disagreeing just to disagree here, though. For the hell of it almost.

Obviously, it's early in the season so you can't gauge a team's true ranking off of one week's game. Sure, the Falcons didn't do anything overly impressive against the Dolphins last week and I would throw some stats from last year at you but apparently last year shoudn't mean anything from what you see in my rankings. My true gut feeling is that if the Falcons played any one team below them in the rankings right now, not when McNabb is healthy, not when LT is healthy, not when Delhomme isn't the suck, that they would beat just about all of them. All of the situations topped with my opinion on other teams happened to slot the Falcons at number 4. Matt Ryan proved to me that he can carry this team when it is lacking their running game. Michael Turner was held under 80 yards 7 times last year. Know how many games the Falcons lost when that happened? 5. What happened Sunday? 65 yards on 22 carries. That shows me a maturing young quarterback who is developing a rapport with his new addition at tight end, Tony Gonzalez. He found a way to win a football game that wasn't going according to game plan. To me, that is scary. It tells me that the offense will beat you even if you shut down the #2 rushing offense from a year ago, tells me that the offense has evolved into a complete force. Tony Gonzalez gives them the target that puts them over the top. Takes away attention from Roddy White and opens up a whole different type of attack.

I considered current state of the team, last year's performance (because it's so early in the season), the week one games, and potential and pretty much rolled it all up and unwrinkled it and this is what I came up with. I'm confident with what the rankings reflect of the NFL right now.

So tell me, since you feel so strongly about it, who should be at #4 if not the Falcons?

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 01:29 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd put the Colts and Ravens over the Falcons at least.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 01:46 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Of course I put thought into it. I feel like you're disagreeing just to disagree here, though. For the hell of it almost.

Obviously, it's early in the season so you can't gauge a team's true ranking off of one week's game. Sure, the Falcons didn't do anything overly impressive against the Dolphins last week and I would throw some stats from last year at you but apparently last year shoudn't mean anything from what you see in my rankings. My true gut feeling is that if the Falcons played any one team below them in the rankings right now, not when McNabb is healthy, not when LT is healthy, not when Delhomme isn't the suck, that they would beat just about all of them. All of the situations topped with my opinion on other teams happened to slot the Falcons at number 4. Matt Ryan proved to me that he can carry this team when it is lacking their running game. Michael Turner was held under 80 yards 7 times last year. Know how many games the Falcons lost when that happened? 5. What happened Sunday? 65 yards on 22 carries. That shows me a maturing young quarterback who is developing a rapport with his new addition at tight end, Tony Gonzalez. He found a way to win a football game that wasn't going according to game plan. To me, that is scary. It tells me that the offense will beat you even if you shut down the #2 rushing offense from a year ago, tells me that the offense has evolved into a complete force. Tony Gonzalez gives them the target that puts them over the top. Takes away attention from Roddy White and opens up a whole different type of attack.

I considered current state of the team, last year's performance (because it's so early in the season), the week one games, and potential and pretty much rolled it all up and unwrinkled it and this is what I came up with. I'm confident with what the rankings reflect of the NFL right now.

So tell me, since you feel so strongly about it, who should be at #4 if not the Falcons?
Firstly, i think the Eagles with a half healthy McNabb are still better than the Falcons.

I wasn't the one saying i didn't want stats or performance from last year. I either want one, or the other. Some guy in here earlier was saying that it wasn't based off last year, and some people are, but you can't have one standard for one team and not for the rest. With that being said, i think Philadelphia, Baltimore, San Diego, Indianapolis, Tennessee, Dallas, Green Bay, and maybe even Minnesota, are all better teams than the Falcons. And that's no disrespect to Atlanta, i think they have a very good team, and Matt Ryan is an absolute stud, but they're not a top five team to me. The defense hasn't proven anything. Beating up on the Miami Dolphins is nothing to be bragging about. Even more, getting shutdown on the ground by Miami is something to be embarrassed of.

All of the teams i mentioned have defenses A LOT better than Atlanta's. Two of them (Tennessee & Baltimore) have elite defenses that make up for their short comings on offense. The rest of them all have better offenses than Atlanta as well.

And i'm not disagreeing just for the hell of it. I truly, sincerely believe that if Atlanta were to play any of those teams i mentioned in a neutral site right now, all things considered, they would lose.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:47 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Buccaneers should be somewhere in the early twenties. The whole team played pretty well to be honest. Other than those 3 huge plays, we were well and truly in the game and if our secondary played well could have definitely won the match.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 01:48 AM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I did lift the Raiders up a considerable amount from where I had them coming into the season somewhere in the bottom 5. Week 1 is the toughest to make a fair judgement on teams. I'd like to see the Raiders continue to develope their run game and use it as effectively as they did on Monday Night. I guess what I'm trying to say is that this team needs to be consistent. Everyone can get happy in their pants after what they showed last week but it won't matter if they put the same product that the have the last however many years back on the field next week.

Sproles' role wouldn't be nearly as effective if not for Tomlinson so really, who is more important? Something to think about.

Also, to comment on the Raiders defense. Ellis and Seymour definitely benefits the whole defense, creating more pressure thus bad throws. I'm still wondering if Rivers' touchdown throw to Jackson was amazing placement or a bad throw turned great. I guess we'll never know completely.
I lean towards the former simply because I think if he had led the receiver with the ball then Scrabble would have intercepted it because he was actually in front of Jackson on that play. It was great behind the shoulder catch that thrown with anticipation.
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 07:39 AM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
Not to bad, I would probally have the Rams at the bottom.
Losing 28-0 to Seattle is pretty bad. Atleast the Lions put up some points. I expect the Lions to win when they play.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:45 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Steelers are gonna need to get the running game going to stay at the top spot.

Personally i'd rather give Rashard Mendenhall or Mewelde Moore a shot at the starting job. Could hurt imo.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:02 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

20. Washington Redskins - Ran the ball for 51 yards on 20 carries. The line was manhandled by the Giants, nonetheless but never a good start. The offense could never get into rhythm. No one is giving them a chance in the NFC East and they proved everyone right. Nothing clicks with this team and the 100 million dollar man was a non factor.
I dont necessarily disagree with the Skins being around 20 in the ranking but your write up is misleading and misguided. Portis ran the ball 16 times for 62 yards and Campbell once for 16 yards. As a team we actually ran the ball 85 yards on 20 carries. Your probably including the sacks in your number but that should not count against the rushing yards.

Also, I don't know how you can say Haynesworth was a non factor. He had 4 tackles and some good pressure too. He also contributed to completely shutting down Jacobs down the middle. Bradshaw was the only one who could run to the outside. Overall the Giants actually only averaged 3.3 ypc vs the Skins 4.0.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:14 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
You seriously think the Atlanta Falcons are the 4th best team in the NFL right now???

The Niners beat the team that was seconds away from winning the Superbowl, and they're ranked 21st?
I agree with abaddon here too, switch the 9ers with the Cardinals, they did win on the road.

No Atlanta isn't the 4th best team in the NFL. The Saints are almost as good, maybe better offensively, s/b top ranked in the NFC South.

If you put up or down arrows next to each entry the arrow next to Philly would be down with their injury situation.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote