Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-16-2009, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Could USC's Corp Take Barkleys Job?

If Barkley cant go this weekend Aaron Corp would obviously make the start. If Corp has a great game could he keep the starting position?

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 06:03 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder&Lightning View Post
If Barkley cant go this weekend Aaron Corp would obviously make the start. If Corp has a great game could he keep the starting position?
Nope. I think Barkley will go anyway. But you better believe after all this gushing and then the OSU win that it is going to be all Bark, all the time.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 06:14 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Na I really don't see it, not after Pete Carroll's whole 'he's not 19 he's our quarterback' speech after the OSU game. I expect Barkley to play, I think it was just a bruised shoulder so he should be fine

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Would probably take several weeks for that to happen. Pete sort of went out on a limb starting Barkley, he isnt going to change his mind now.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 07:02 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not that I don't like Barkley, but Corp would instantly open up our playbook so much more. Right now our offense is too vanilla for my liking. I understand he's a true freshman, however, this act could only be kept up for so long until someone exploits it badly. After seeing how effective Barkley's recent predecessors have played after sitting for a while, especially Sanchez, ideally I'd like the same to have been done here, even if it were for one season. Either way I have total faith in Pete, like how could I not?

Last edited by 619 : 09-19-2009 at 06:32 PM.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 07:11 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is true, Barkley doesn't always get a chance to use his God arm, because of his limitation of reading defenses and plays quickly. And because of play calling.
Old 09-16-2009, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
Not that I don't like Barkley, but Corp would instantly open up our playbook so much more. Right now our offense is too vanilla for my liking. I understand he's a true freshman, however, this act could only be kept up for so long until someone exploits it badly. After seeing how effective Barkley's recent predecessors have played after sitting for a while, especially Sanchez, ideally I'd like the same to have been done here, even if it were for one season. Either way I have total faith in Pete, like how could I not?
Exactly how many starts does Corp have?
Old 09-16-2009, 07:50 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Exactly how many starts does Corp have?
It's not as big of an issue at USC considering the environment these QBs are brought up in. No matter the talent level it's extremely difficult for any true freshman to do it here because of the offense's true complexity. The same reason it's looked upon so royally by NFL scouts. You just can't grasp it all in less than a full year, even for a guy like Barkley who showed up early for spring practice.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really? We need a new thread for every USC-related thing? The Pac X thread just wasn't cutting it?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 08:07 PM    (permalink
kwilk103
Pro Bowler

kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kwilk103 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Really? We need a new thread for every USC-related thing? The Pac X thread just wasn't cutting it?
theres even a 2009 usc thread

cred 2 BoneKrusher
kwilk103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
We need a Tate Forcier thread.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We need a Tate Forcier thread.
Word ******* up. We should probably be wait until after his first Heisman, though. You know, to be fair.

Anyway, to reply to the question, I feel that Pete Carroll will play whichever QB will give USC the best chance to win. So, yes, it's entirely possible that Corp could take the job.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 09:51 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think USC has looked solid. OSUs defense played out of its skin for me, USC is a power team right now, solid but not outstanding at WR, inexperienced QB, more 5 star RBs than you should have for a decade and a massive dominant defensive line. Barkley has looked pretty alright to me anyway. Can't see them messing with whats working, unless he can't get up for this game and even then Corp would have do show something pretty special.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 09:55 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly think that Pete Carroll went into camp this year wanting Barkley to be the starter, it was only icing on the cake when Corp when down with an injury.

If Corp were to throw 300 yards this week against Washington (i think they play Washington) I still don't think he would start the following week ahead of Barkley.

Barkley is the starter for at least three years, a situation that Carroll would love.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:04 PM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Think Corp will transfer after this season?

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:22 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need a Brandon Minor thread. Top 3 round pick in the draft. Book it.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 12:58 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
when sanchez replaced booty the offense was sooo stale.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 11:10 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Think Corp will transfer after this season?
Looking at sitting for a 3rd year in a row i would say no. He probably should have transferred this year. I think a Matt Cassel probably changes some thinking there but to be honest i really dont know how good Corp is. He might not be that good.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:19 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Looking at sitting for a 3rd year in a row i would say no. He probably should have transferred this year. I think a Matt Cassel probably changes some thinking there but to be honest i really dont know how good Corp is. He might not be that good.
That's something that's lost in all of this. People are acting like Corp is a sure thing. He most certainly isn't. He probably does provide a greater knowledge base of the offense, but he got beat out by a true freshman, no matter how partial Carroll might have been to seeing that happen.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 05:57 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well there goes that.

Aaron Corp FUCKING SUCKS
Old 09-19-2009, 05:58 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So much for that.
Old 09-19-2009, 06:00 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Corp sucks dick, can only check down, and throws into double coverage.

Barkley is a smarter QB, and has a better arm.
Old 09-19-2009, 06:11 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
Corp sucks dick, can only check down, and throws into double coverage.

Barkley is a smarter QB, and has a better arm.
I was literally in disbelief everytime he would do that...

The other players on the team don't deserve to go out like that. I hope they all gave him hell for it in the locker room.
Old 09-19-2009, 06:12 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I would say the answer is no. Guess USC will miss out on the title game yet again.

Duke Blue Devils
2010 National Champions!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 06:16 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
I was literally in disbelief everytime he would do that...

The other players on the team don't deserve to go out like that. I hope they all gave him hell for it in the locker room.
I knew USC was done when corp found McCoy open in the middle of the field about 20 yard deep, and corp couldn't even throw the ball that far to reach him. McCoy's body language was like "WTF was that ****"?

Corp should transfer, he'll NEVER start over barkley unless for injury. I've never seen a USC QB suck that much in one game (and I've seen Booty, Carson, and Mark all at their worst).