Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-19-2009, 06:17 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we should have played 10 vs. 11.

we probably could have done better without a quarterback than how we played today.

0-13 on 3rd downs... ridiculous.

corp needs to transfer immediately.

Idaho put up 49 yards passing and 20 points on U-dub last week. we barely scrounged up 13.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 06:19 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
I knew USC was done when corp found McCoy open in the middle of the field about 20 yard deep, and corp couldn't even throw the ball that far to reach him. McCoy's body language was like "WTF was that ****"?

Corp should transfer, he'll NEVER start over barkley unless for injury. I've never seen a USC QB suck that much in one game (and I've seen Booty, Carson, and Mark all at their worst).
No... im pretty sure his career at USC is over. Mustain will probably overtake him as the number 2. there's no way mustain could POSSIBLY be worse than corp. how can you be worse than the worst?
Old 09-19-2009, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
No... im pretty sure his career at USC is over. Mustain will probably overtake him as the number 2. there's no way mustain could POSSIBLY be worse than corp. how can you be worse than the worst?
There was a QB worse than Nick Sheridan on UM's roster last year (also this year). It's always possible.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 06:25 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LOL, the answer to this question is pretty obvious, his play in this game just made Barkley the definate starter for the next 3 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 06:30 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

oh and believe me, this is not our only loss of this season. Cal is a definite loss and probably one other...

hello holiday bowl nice to meet you.
Old 09-19-2009, 06:32 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
Not that I don't like Barkley, but Corp would instantly open up our playbook so much more. Right now our offense is too vanilla for my liking. I understand he's a true freshman, however, this act could only be kept up for so long until someone exploits it badly. After seeing how effective Barkley's recent predecessors have played after sitting for a while, especially Sanchez, ideally I'd like the same to have been done here, even if it were for one season. Either way I have total faith in Pete, like how could I not?
I am a dumbass.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 06:41 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
I am a dumbass.
Old 09-19-2009, 07:44 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Corp should have a fine career at Cal Poly
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To answer the topic, the answer is no. Corp stares down his receivers way too long. Barkley is the better option at QB right now.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 09:28 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
Corp should have a fine career at Cal Poly
Maybe he can come to Cal Poly Pomona and resurrect our nonexistent football program, maybe bring back Jim Zorn after he gets fired after this season.

PS Maybe someone should tell him Barden is gone...
Old 09-19-2009, 10:30 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There goes everybody treating Corp like he's a future first rounder. I seriously did not get how anybody was in that camp. Dude hadn't even started a game.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 10:40 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

I thought this was interesting, Matt Barkeley (Mater Dei) and Aaron Corp (Orange Lutheran) stats in games against each other. Corp won both games but Matt Barkley was only a Freshman/Sophomore. The first one was Barkley's first high school game.

http://www.maxpreps.com/contests/Mlx...-santa-ana.htm

http://www.maxpreps.com/contests/0kT...ran-orange.htm
Old 09-19-2009, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Corp was utterly useless....Here i thought he'd actually be good....I would have much rather taken my chances with Mitch..

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 12:45 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After today, the answer is no

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 01:25 AM    (permalink
mellojello
Veteran

mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
oh and believe me, this is not our only loss of this season. Cal is a definite loss and probably one other...

hello holiday bowl nice to meet you.
You're cracking me up Soybean, but you might be right. It's normal to have growing pains with so much turnover, but SC has done it seemlessly for so many years that you come to expect it.

It's evident now what Pete saw in Barkeley now. That last drive was against Ohio St. was incredible for a true freshman.

As far as the Cal game, I'm not counting my chickens, but there are chinks in the USC armor at the moment. When Mays and Barkeley are back in, everything changes.
mellojello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 01:46 PM    (permalink
jnew76
Pro Bowler

jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
Corp was utterly useless....Here i thought he'd actually be good....I would have much rather taken my chances with Mitch..
Why was Mitch not put into that game the other night. Corp couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat. Mustain has won games in the SEC as a tru freshman starter. I don't understand.
Old 09-21-2009, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnew76 View Post
Why was Mitch not put into that game the other night. Corp couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat. Mustain has won games in the SEC as a tru freshman starter. I don't understand.
He probably hasnt taken many snaps in practice, i was surprised to see Barkley warming up but he obviously couldnt go or he would have started.

I'm going to stick up a little here for Corp because everyone has been piling on pretty thick. The guy got very little from the TEs, his RBs have been getting hurt and the line's blocking while good in the middle isnt vintage SC. I give a lot of credit to Nick Holt and the Husky defense and not sure how many QBs would have had a lot of success on Saturday.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 04:54 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where the hell is Mitch Mustain? Is he not with USC anymore?

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 05:36 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
his RBs have been getting hurt
USC has like 20 HS All-Americans back there at RB.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:35 PM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Where the hell is Mitch Mustain? Is he not with USC anymore?
He's there. Just buried on the depth chart at #3.