Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-21-2009, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucs_Rule View Post
How about this. Let the 49ers take the 9th draft slot worth of draft picks from the Jets, 1350. They can choose to take whichever ones they want for as many years as they want. Should have to declare a week before the draft which draft picks they want to take that year.

Since draft picks one season are worth more than next year ones they should get even more, say 25%-33%, making it 1700 or 1800.

They should get that regardless of whether they sign Crabtree or trade him away. And the Jets cannot trade for Cabtree or draft him if he re-enters.
Borat votes for Bucs_Rule as new NFL Commissioner.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 08:12 PM    (permalink
tuan33
Rookie

tuan33 is a cocksman.tuan33 is a cocksman.tuan33 is a cocksman.tuan33 is a cocksman.tuan33 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
49ers lost a 2008 5th rounder for tampering with Lance Briggs. They also were forced to switch draft picks with the Bears in the 3rd round.
All Hail Borat
tuan33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 12:55 AM    (permalink
Arsenal
Rookie

Arsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairArsenal is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

If the Jets did something like promising Michael Crabtree the money he is looking for, I think that is a very serious violation as it takes away all of San Francisco's negotiation leverage if he has a guarantee to get paid next season. I think that would have to warrant consideration of forfeiting a first round pick and more.

If there was just small-time chatting between the two parties I think it would probably be similar to the Lance Briggs situation a couple years back.

When Deion Sanders ran his mouth a couple weeks ago, he almost seemed to imply teams had been contacting Crabtree and telling him they are willing to meet his demands next year. That was a red flag to me that San Francisco should look into tampering violations almost a month ago.

Quote:
"Why would you settle for $20 million when you feel like you can get $40 million," Sanders said. "That's the problem."

Speaking on the NFL Network, Sanders said two teams approached the 49ers about trading for the rights to the Texas Tech receiver. Sanders said the unnamed teams "will pay this kid, and he knows that."

A 49ers spokesman said: "Those discussions never happened."
Source for the quote
http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_13274726
Arsenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 01:48 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only fueling the fire that Crabs re-enters the draft. Way to go, Jets (if true).
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 02:02 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is the Jets receiving situation that bad that "tampering" has to be a course of action? Jerricho Cotchery seems like a decent number one receiver to build around. I haven't seen him play that much, but he seems like a decent player.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 06:06 AM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Jets are found guilty, and Crabtree never does sign with us, I think giving us their 1st round pick is the only fair way to handle the situation. As some people already said, it would be like them taking away our 1st rounder this year if they are the reason Crabtree never signs and re-enters the draft.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 06:53 AM    (permalink
49ersFan_vienna
Rookie

49ersFan_vienna hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Whatever the the league decides, i I were scotty and craptree wants to mess with me, so lets dance.

Scotty should call a friendly GM (other than Jets) and do the following deal with him:

On March 1st trade the rights for crabtree to the team for their last pick.
The team would then offe craptree the minimum you can offer and the next year trade craptree back to the 49ers for a 7th again.

It can`t be that stupid kids mess around like that.
49ersFan_vienna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 07:03 AM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
If the Jets did something like promising Michael Crabtree the money he is looking for, I think that is a very serious violation as it takes away all of San Francisco's negotiation leverage if he has a guarantee to get paid next season. I think that would have to warrant consideration of forfeiting a first round pick and more.

If there was just small-time chatting between the two parties I think it would probably be similar to the Lance Briggs situation a couple years back.

When Deion Sanders ran his mouth a couple weeks ago, he almost seemed to imply teams had been contacting Crabtree and telling him they are willing to meet his demands next year. That was a red flag to me that San Francisco should look into tampering violations almost a month ago.

Source for the quote
http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_13274726

I don't know the rules, maybe other teams aren't allowed to talk about it at all. But if Deion Sanders as a "reporter" asked around a bit and a GM told him hypothetically that, yah we'd probably give him $40 million...that's not the same as a team going out of there way to contact Crabtree, as far as I'm concerned

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 07:13 AM    (permalink
49ersFan_vienna
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormysterioso View Post
I don't know the rules, maybe other teams aren't allowed to talk about it at all. But if Deion Sanders as a "reporter" asked around a bit and a GM told him hypothetically that, yah we'd probably give him $40 million...that's not the same as a team going out of there way to contact Crabtree, as far as I'm concerned
So in other words:
Crabtree asks his mentor to ask around what the other teams would pay him.
He asks around as "reporter", and tells crabtree.

So you think thats fine then ?
Old 09-22-2009, 07:30 AM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersFan_vienna View Post
So in other words:
Crabtree asks his mentor to ask around what the other teams would pay him.
He asks around as "reporter", and tells crabtree.

So you think thats fine then ?
No, it that's how it went down. If you can show that Sanders was opperating on behalf of Crabtree and not the NFL Network than it's wrong. But if Sanders was doing his job and following up on a story, I don't see any wrongdoing by the Jets. But like I said, I don't know how the rule reads...commenting at all on a player you don't hold the rights to could very well constitute tampering, I don't know.

sig by BoneKrusher

Old 09-22-2009, 07:41 AM    (permalink
BandwagonPunditry
Rookie

BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormysterioso View Post
No, it that's how it went down. If you can show that Sanders was opperating on behalf of Crabtree and not the NFL Network than it's wrong. But if Sanders was doing his job and following up on a story, I don't see any wrongdoing by the Jets. But like I said, I don't know how the rule reads...commenting at all on a player you don't hold the rights to could very well constitute tampering, I don't know.
Sanders is one of Crabtree's advisers.
BandwagonPunditry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 07:49 AM    (permalink
49ersFan_vienna
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandwagonPunditry View Post
Sanders is one of Crabtree's advisers.
Thats just by accident.
Smart Deion lol
Old 09-22-2009, 08:51 AM    (permalink
Seanhawk
Rookie

Seanhawk hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Seanhawk hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If found guilty, I also wouldn't mind seeing something like a NCAA style suspension from the post-season for 1 year (one they actually are eligible for after the regular season) in addition to losing a 1st round pick.
Seanhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:24 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanhawk View Post
If found guilty, I also wouldn't mind seeing something like a NCAA style suspension from the post-season for 1 year (one they actually are eligible for after the regular season) in addition to losing a 1st round pick.
no way in hell would they ban a team from post season, with tampering. Cheating in the games is one thing, tampering with other teams unsigned players is another thing.

only way to earn a post season ban, if probably if your whole team is on roids, or paid off the refs, or some form of team cheating.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:57 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
no way in hell would they ban a team from post season, with tampering. Cheating in the games is one thing, tampering with other teams unsigned players is another thing.

only way to earn a post season ban, if probably if your whole team is on roids, or paid off the refs, or some form of team cheating.
Tampering with Unsigned Players is a big deal. That's not tampering with a game. But a season. The financial structure of a team. It's pretty awful. When it's free agents, it's once thing, when it's draft picks, it's a whole different issue in a draft based league.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Last edited by awfullyquiet : 09-22-2009 at 10:00 AM.
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:05 AM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea.. Crabtree falls to #32. Won't get his money. Goes to Jets. And still not happy. Enter Draft #3.

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:13 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Crabtree ever does sign with the 49ers, is his relationship with the team permanently destroyed?

I wonder how many bridges he's burned in the lockerroom?

I personally think the players wouldn't mind that much if he comes in with the right attitude bc its just business. But if walks in from day 1 acting like a diva (which is highly likely) i think he's in for a heavy dose of reality.

Thats assuming he signs with the 49ers at all.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:20 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
If Crabtree ever does sign with the 49ers, is his relationship with the team permanently destroyed?

I wonder how many bridges he's burned in the lockerroom?

I personally think the players wouldn't mind that much if he comes in with the right attitude bc its just business. But if walks in from day 1 acting like a diva (which is highly likely) i think he's in for a heavy dose of reality.

Thats assuming he signs with the 49ers at all.
Yeah I mean I was reading up on Aaron Curry's interview about holding out and he said there was a little joking around about it but the guys were happy that he was there and willing to work. Although Crabtree's situation is more extreme than Currys, I would be surprised if guys weren't happy that he was actually on the team.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if Patrick Willis and Company were to take some shots at him in practice.

But, I would be surprised if we signed him at all.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:22 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Yeah I mean I was reading up on Aaron Curry's interview about holding out and he said there was a little joking around about it but the guys were happy that he was there and willing to work. Although Crabtree's situation is more extreme than Currys, I would be surprised if guys weren't happy that he was actually on the team.

However, I wouldn't be surprised if Patrick Willis and Company were to take some shots at him in practice.

But, I would be surprised if we signed him at all.
Oh, theyre gonna haze him in some way. Theres no question about it.

Im starting to think theyre just gonna trade him away to the Jets for the Jets 1st round pick + a 3rd or something like that.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:23 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Is the Jets receiving situation that bad that "tampering" has to be a course of action? Jerricho Cotchery seems like a decent number one receiver to build around. I haven't seen him play that much, but he seems like a decent player.
It really isn't. They don't exactly have a stud #1 guy who will kill defenses on a consistent basis but Cotchery is good enough and Stuckey can make some plays...the WR's haven't hurt them in the first two games. That's what really has me confused about this situation from their perspective, and would make it even more frustrating if they actually were tampering with Crabtree.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 04:11 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This would be epic if these two faced each other in the Super Bowl and Crabs presented the Lombardi Trophy to the winner.
Old 09-22-2009, 04:12 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow View Post
This would be epic if these two faced each other in the Super Bowl and Crabs presented the Lombardi Trophy to the winner.
Or if they played and Crabs was presented to the winner

sig by BoneKrusher

Old 09-22-2009, 04:24 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Or if Crabs ended up on the Jets and one of the niners cleated him in the face ala Albert Haynesworth.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Or if P-Willy gave him the Brad Smith treatment.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:12 AM    (permalink
VernonLawson89
Veteran

VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Or if P-Willy gave him the Brad Smith treatment.
http://i721.photobucket.com/albums/w...g?t=1253614993
VernonLawson89 is offline   Reply With Quote