Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-23-2009, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senormysterioso View Post
I don't know the rules, maybe other teams aren't allowed to talk about it at all. But if Deion Sanders as a "reporter" asked around a bit and a GM told him hypothetically that, yah we'd probably give him $40 million...that's not the same as a team going out of there way to contact Crabtree, as far as I'm concerned
When it comes to passing punishments, Goodell seems more concerned with the public image and his version of justice than with specific rules and precedents. If discussions took place that didn't technically break the rules but was apparent to Goodell what was being implied than he will conclude the Jets are just as guilty.

Its just like when the mafia gives orders for a hit, its not technically an order to kill someone but it is apparent that is the intent.

The problem for the NFL is finding out excatly what was said. It is more likely that the agent for Crabtree and Ryan or Tannenbaum talked privatly. They would claim they were talking about players that the agent represented that had dealings with the Jets. The same as they do with soon to be free-agent tamperings.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 08:58 PM    (permalink
The Great Jonathan Vilma
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Great Jonathan Vilma is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll believe the details when they are brought forward. Sounds like a lot of he said she said, we can't sign our draft pick. Crabtree is trying to get the money he would have received as the rightful #1 WR drafted. Blame the Raiders, they are the ones who caused the situation.

Haha, removed from the playoffs. Lets get real people...

Courtesy of Fenikz - Much Appreciated

Quote:
Originally Posted by dRaFtDoRk View Post
You can't be a good corner if no one throws your way. Thats my way of seeing it.
The Great Jonathan Vilma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:40 PM    (permalink
MasterShake
Rookie

MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post
I'll believe the details when they are brought forward. Sounds like a lot of he said she said, we can't sign our draft pick. Crabtree is trying to get the money he would have received as the rightful #1 WR drafted. Blame the Raiders, they are the ones who caused the situation.

Seriously people, get real....

...The Jets aren't making the playoffs.
MasterShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 01:11 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great Jonathan Vilma View Post

Of all teams, why the **** would they accuse the Jets? I mean c'mon when there's smoke.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 08:18 AM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Of all teams, why the **** would they accuse the Jets? I mean c'mon when there's smoke.
The Jets have a recent history of being accused of tampering. Blame the person with the worst reputation, its the oldest excuse in the book.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 12:30 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucs_Rule View Post
The Jets have a recent history of being accused of tampering. Blame the person with the worst reputation, its the oldest excuse in the book.
Yup, plus with all of the rumors of the Jets wanting a big time WR with Brandon Marshall and everything it makes sense that they'd tamper with a WR too. If you're going to accuse a team of tampering with Crabtree and see what happens, the Jets would be the best team team to accuse, no question.

I'm not saying that's what it was, but it's not like they're accusing the Cardinals of tampering with him or something. The Jets make a ton of sense to accuse whether or not there's something going on if you're going to accuse someone of tampering.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 12:39 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If found guilty, I think Mark Sanchez should be sacrificed at the temple on the first full moon following the verdict.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 12:40 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, when I heard about the accusation, I was pretty ok with it. I hope it's true because it's just an awesomely d1ck move. Obviously, I hope it never gets confirmed as being true because that would mean a penalty for the Jets. However, I would love it if the Jets end up pursuing Crabtree through legitimate means(whether it is a trade or next year in the draft), essentially confirming that something happened.
josh07039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
Honestly, when I heard about the accusation, I was pretty ok with it. I hope it's true because it's just an awesomely d1ck move. Obviously, I hope it never gets confirmed as being true because that would mean a penalty for the Jets. However, I would love it if the Jets end up pursuing Crabtree through legitimate means(whether it is a trade or next year in the draft), essentially confirming that something happened.
if they traded for him or drafted him that would scream "guilty"

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 03:48 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Circumstantial evidence at best. I'm guessing by then, punishment would have already been handed out anyway.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:59 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Circumstantial evidence at best. I'm guessing by then, punishment would have already been handed out anyway.
Or they wouldn't have punished them, and everyone would say they're guilty but the league office couldn't do anything because it's still circumstantial evidence as you said. The 49ers need to present definitive proof right now, other things may suggest that the Jets tampered but they won't prove it and the league office can't do anything without relatively strong proof.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:44 PM    (permalink
senormysterioso
Pro Bowler

senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.senormysterioso is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This offseason, the redskins were sort of accused of, or at least the Titans insinuated that they tampered with Haynesworth and then signed him. It's not unheard of.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS
senormysterioso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 07:02 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's why it would be awesome. It would, in essence, be Rex Ryan saying we did it but there is not a damn thing you can do about it, we know we can get away with it.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh07039 View Post
That's why it would be awesome. It would, in essence, be Rex Ryan saying we did it but there is not a damn thing you can do about it, we know we can get away with it.
This is hilarious. But if it was the Patriots doing it, you'd call it despicable, right?
Old 09-24-2009, 07:29 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im ssssooooooo happy we didnt draft him now.... wish we drafted Raji still...

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 07:50 PM    (permalink
MasterShake
Rookie

MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Im ssssooooooo happy we didnt draft him now.... wish we drafted Raji still...
I don't know what you are sooooooo happy about....you are paying a guy $40 million to do less than Crabtree is doing. At least Crabtree isn't dropping passes and he is doing it for FREE!
MasterShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 08:22 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is could be very serious. You'd think that after New England was caught cheating and then San Francisco, teams would play by the rules (or at least be more careful not to get caught). I hope these accusations aren't true.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope they are true. Then I want the Jets to win the superbowl, so I can hear people say they only won because they cheated and tried to get Michael Crabtree.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 11:10 PM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
This is hilarious. But if it was the Patriots doing it, you'd call it despicable, right?
Yes, everyone is hypocritical about their team to a certain extent. The Jets tampering with Crabtree is amusing to me because usually the Jets are just crappy and follow the rules. Now they look like they are getting better and are being dicks and potentially breaking rules. If the Pats did it, clearly, I would think it's horrible because I hate them and they have broken other rules so why do they need to do it again?
Old 10-11-2009, 01:24 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

from Barrows: http://blogs.nfl.com/2009/10/10/jets...-for-crabtree/

Quote:
The Jets were the only outside team to show real interest in acquiring Crabtree during the period in which he could be traded, twice calling the 49ers to try to engage in trade talks. But the 49ers had no interest in dealing him, according to team sources, and repeatedly told Crabtree’s agent, Eugene Parker, that they would either sign the rookie wide receiver or allow him to re-enter the draft next year.
is this the tampering?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 01:31 AM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

Quote:
is this the tampering?
I don't see how that would be tampering. If that was the period when he could be traded and they were calling the 49ers and not Crabtree, it seems like it would be legitimate.
Old 10-11-2009, 02:54 AM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, that's not the tampering they filed the complaint about. Here, read this

Niners owner Jed York:

Quote:
I think it was clear there was some evidence that the Jets talked to him and as a group we decided this is something that is very serious and we wanted to make sure it was brought to the league's attention. Scot, Paraag and I discussed it and we moved forward from there.
Old 10-11-2009, 03:01 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I found it a coincidence that Crabtree signed the day of the Jets trading for Crabtree....

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 08:33 AM    (permalink
VernonLawson89
Veteran

VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VernonLawson89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I found it a coincidence that Crabtree signed the day of the Jets trading for Crabtree....
I think you mean Braylon Edwards... anyways, i think crabs signed first. Then the Edwards trade happened.
VernonLawson89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 02:51 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes you're talking about Edwards.

But it passing strange with the timing, any way you slice it Rex Ryan was gonna get a new WR this season if it hairliped the Pope.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote