Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-21-2009, 06:02 PM    (permalink
ricowboy
Rookie

ricowboy is a cocksman.ricowboy is a cocksman.ricowboy is a cocksman.
Default Poll on Wade!

I have been outspoken on firing Wade since the end of last season. The Boys have an easy schedule leading up to the bye week. The should be 4-1 or 3-2 at worst. If Wade goes 2-3 or 1-4 does JJ fire him? I bet Wade gets canned this season. When is the only question. A slow start and the bye week would give JJ the chance to let Garrett prepare for the rest of the season. I think Wade gets fired after the KC game. Anyone else want to guess?
ricowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricowboy View Post
I have been outspoken on firing Wade since the end of last season. The Boys have an easy schedule leading up to the bye week. The should be 4-1 or 3-2 at worst. If Wade goes 2-3 or 1-4 does JJ fire him? I bet Wade gets canned this season. When is the only question. A slow start and the bye week would give JJ the chance to let Garrett prepare for the rest of the season. I think Wade gets fired after the KC game. Anyone else want to guess?
Firing a HC mid season doesn't happen.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 06:08 PM    (permalink
ricowboy
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
I am betting JJ panics. JJ always likes to break new ground. It is a bold prediction.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:10 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
yes it does
Old 09-21-2009, 06:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's easy to predict him getting fired if we do bad. I swear.. it must only be Cowboys fans who think like night and day after a win and a loss. There's no middle ground, no composure... just exuberance or groveling pain. No way this thread is made if we win yesterday. C'mon... the win or loss doesn't change who Wade is. Do I want him as my HC? No. I like him as our DC though. Can I live without him at both spots? Sure, so long as their is a better plan in place.

Let's put it this way. Nobody out there except Ron Rivera is really capable of keeping this defense in reasonable tact. Do I want him over Wade? Heck no... not as DC at least. Is he ready for a HC gig? I have my doubts there too. Jerry won't go with inexperience at HC... that's why he chose Wade over Singletary. Man, I wish we had Mike to this day.

If Wade isn't the coach, then the odds are most likely that Garrett would then become our HC. I think he's the only one in the world Jerry would bypass the whole "inexperience at HC" thing for. Garrett is his Golden Boy.

So let me ask you... Are you ready for Jason Garrett to be our HC? Because Cowher is not walking through that door midseason.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
yes it does
When was the last time a coach was fired prior to week 8? Maybe SF when Mike took over? But I don't remember too many coaches getting let go before week 8

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 09-21-2009, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In my dreams we end up with Cowher (1a) or Shanahan (1b).
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 06:19 PM    (permalink
ricowboy
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
It's easy to predict him getting fired if we do bad. I swear.. it must only be Cowboys fans who think like night and day after a win and a loss. There's no middle ground, no composure... just exuberance or groveling pain. No way this thread is made if we win yesterday. C'mon... the win or loss doesn't change who Wade is. Do I want him as my HC? No. I like him as our DC though. Can I live without him at both spots? Sure, so long as their is a better plan in place.

Let's put it this way. Nobody out there except Ron Rivera is really capable of keeping this defense in reasonable tact. Do I want him over Wade? Heck no... not as DC at least. Is he ready for a HC gig? I have my doubts there too. Jerry won't go with inexperience at HC... that's why he chose Wade over Singletary. Man, I wish we had Mike to this day.

If Wade isn't the coach, then the odds are most likely that Garrett would then become our HC. I think he's the only one in the world Jerry would bypass the whole "inexperience at HC" thing for. Garrett is his Golden Boy.

So let me ask you... Are you ready for Jason Garrett to be our HC? Because Cowher is not walking through that door midseason.
I can see with my own eyes and this team was not prepared to play TB and NY. Keeping Wade was a controversial decision at the end of the year. If Wade has a losing record it will be tough to keep him as HC. I am not in panic mode. Just being realistic. I can see Wade getting canned during the season. I may have him getting fired before he actually does. I did say it was a bold prediction.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:37 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I can see with my own eyes and this team was not prepared to play TB and NY. Keeping Wade was a controversial decision at the end of the year. If Wade has a losing record it will be tough to keep him as HC. I am not in panic mode. Just being realistic. I can see Wade getting canned during the season. I may have him getting fired before he actually does. I did say it was a bold prediction.
Again... I say, huh? What's so bold about predicting him to be fired if we have a bad season? It's like predicting what 1 + 1 will be. Sheesh.

Bold would've been making this thread before yesterday. Today, you are just among the sheep.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Again... I say, huh? What's so bold about predicting him to be fired if we have a bad season? It's like predicting what 1 + 1 will be. Sheesh.

Bold would've been making this thread before yesterday. Today, you are just among the sheep.
He is saying it will happen after week 5.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 09-21-2009, 07:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
He is saying it will happen after week 5.
...and he wouldn't be here saying this before yesterday. That's why I said Cowboys fans are so night and day after every win/loss. This is very sheepish.

If we win the next 2 games, you won't see this thread pop up with him talking about Wade being fired after 5 games.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:18 PM    (permalink
ricowboy
Rookie

Quote:
...and he wouldn't be here saying this before yesterday. That's why I said Cowboys fans are so night and day after every win/loss. This is very sheepish.

If we win the next 2 games, you won't see this thread pop up with him talking about Wade being fired after 5 games.
If you read my post I have been saying fire Wade since the middle of last season. I am not sheepish. It is obvious to many of us that this team lacks direction and attention to detail. Sheepish is following a team without question. Believe me.....I live in New England and hear it all the time about how great the Pats are.

I have seen in two games the lack of discipline and preparation in this team. The talent can win you games, but will never win you championships. This is a talented team with HC in over his head. I thought 9-7 would be our record if Wade stayed on board. Now I am thinking Emmitt Smith is right with the 7-9 prediction.

If we win the next two games I will still stick to the firing of Wade. We beat TB because our talent eventually out played there lack of talent.

D-Unit Can't post that much due to the fact that I am working two jobs. I had a day off so I decided to share my thoughts.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like Wade as our head coach, but no one's getting fired mid-season and switching head coaches in a time like this would not make us a better team at all. That's my opinion.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 07:34 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
If you read my post I have been saying fire Wade since the middle of last season. I am not sheepish. It is obvious to many of us that this team lacks direction and attention to detail. Sheepish is following a team without question. Believe me.....I live in New England and hear it all the time about how great the Pats are.

I have seen in two games the lack of discipline and preparation in this team. The talent can win you games, but will never win you championships. This is a talented team with HC in over his head. I thought 9-7 would be our record if Wade stayed on board. Now I am thinking Emmitt Smith is right with the 7-9 prediction.

If we win the next two games I will still stick to the firing of Wade. We beat TB because our talent eventually out played there lack of talent.

D-Unit Can't post that much due to the fact that I am working two jobs. I had a day off so I decided to share my thoughts.
I don't care what team you are, you don't open the season looking like a fine oiled machine. Our Run D totally sucked in Week 1 and in Week 2 they most definitely looked like they came in with better discipline and preparation in that department. So I don't know what you're talking about. We lost last night on a last second FG. I mean geez. Talk about the sky is falling. The season is so young we could've started off at 0-4 or more and still have a chance at the playoffs. This is the NFL. It's a crazy unpredicatable world and I just think it's funny that people can convince themselvs of being right. Myself included sometimes.

But if you think Wade will be fired after Week 5 with a record of 3-2 or 4-1 then I have to say, that is bold... and borderline ridiculous.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:33 AM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

It's pretty obvious that if/when we miss the playoffs the entire coaching staff will be overhauled.
dpl85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 02:32 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why fire Wade in his last season on his contract? Especially after a close game with a division rival. If that ball never bounced off Witten's foot this conversation wouldn't be happening. D-Unit is right about everything he's posted in this thread. Only Garrett will get the inexperienced nod, and that would be after the season which is very far off if that happens at all. What if Wade ends up winning the Super Bowl? Then what? All this talk is way too early, and Jerry isn't dumb enough to fire a coach in midseason.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 02:41 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Cowboys will fire Phillips in midseason without a 2nd thought if they turn miserable performances in 2-3 consecutive games against inferior opponents. I'm basing that not on the 2 games this yr so much as Jerry Jones' psychology, his personality that I believe to be driven by his self image & that's about 75% hubris. He will can him in a heartbeat if he believes he has been personally embarrassed by the team.

The November schedule is a minefield IMO for Phillips' job security:

11/1 -- Seattle
11/8 -- @ Philly
11/15 -- @ GB Packers
11/22 -- Washington Skins
11/26 Thxgvg. -- Raiders

The whole country will be watching on Thxgvg. & the Raiders are an inferior team, if they lose then I think it's over for Phillips. That's guaranteed if previous losses put them on the brink of playoff contention & that game becomes a Must Win for Dallas to see a WC berth. Any way you slice it they have to win some tough games in October 1st.

I think Jones held on to Phillips b/c he did want to give him 2 full yrs., he knew he would take significant press heat if he did after only 1 yr of the Phillips regime with a yr left on his contract. His chosen successor was Fisher in Tennessee & Bud Adams locked him a yr. earlier I think after all the Jerry Jones speculation of poaching him. So that was a factor, then Shanahan became available in a big surprise firing at Denver & now we have all the speculation that he's an automatic Phillips replacement. It has magnified to include Cowher but that's not feasible, Cowher's personality would not allow him to ever work for Jones, let's get real here. I think Cowher is going back to his home in North Carolina & coach the Panthers of his alma mater, NC St.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 10:25 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

End of Year. Yes.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 01:27 AM    (permalink
ricowboy
Rookie

Quote:
I don't care what team you are, you don't open the season looking like a fine oiled machine. Our Run D totally sucked in Week 1 and in Week 2 they most definitely looked like they came in with better discipline and preparation in that department. So I don't know what you're talking about. We lost last night on a last second FG. I mean geez. Talk about the sky is falling. The season is so young we could've started off at 0-4 or more and still have a chance at the playoffs. This is the NFL. It's a crazy unpredicatable world and I just think it's funny that people can convince themselvs of being right. Myself included sometimes.

But if you think Wade will be fired after Week 5 with a record of 3-2 or 4-1 then I have to say, that is bold... and borderline ridiculous.
You are wrong about opening the season not looking good.....Philly looked great! The Ravens and Jets looked good! You call me a sheep? I am questioning a coach that has a proven track record of not getting it done. I am not following the everything will be fine line like you. What will you say if we end up 7-9 or 9-7 and miss the playoffs? The truth is the boys have played 3 games and have looked bad in all three. We all agree that this is a talented team that is underachieving....Why? In the age of parity the only advantage you can have is a good front office and coaching staff. Our coaching staff is bad.....We have gotten away with two wins on talent alone. I would like to see this team really play a complete game.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:01 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As much as I like the idea of Bill Cowher, doesn't seem like he would be able to work with Jerry for some reason.

Now as far as our defense, I see what Rex Ryan has done with the Jets D, and I thought that's how we would look more often, and he turned that D around instantly. Wade's not our longterm coach, I just don't think his style fits what we need here.

We need more of a hard ass coach, I like the idea of Shanny, not so much Holmgren, Cowher I think is headed for Carolina which makes too much sense.

Let's see how Wade does this year though, I'm not expecting Super Bowl, but he's got to keep our Defense strong all year, and show he can make adjustments throughout the year...I don't love him, but firing him would only make the season that much worse.

Some of our fans need to learn to not be so knee jerk with the good and the bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:32 PM    (permalink
ricowboy
Rookie

After watching today we are in trouble! The talent level is better thant the performance!
Old 10-05-2009, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mid season probably won't happen.

Here's my wish list:

1. Fisher - I know he's under contract, but who knows if they keep going south.

2. Holmgren - Would be great for Romo and he's an authoritative coach. Would command respect.

I don't care for Shannahan. Can't really put my finger on it, but I just don't think he would be a good hire. Cowher isn't going to happen and frankly, I think Cowher is a little overrated.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 03:12 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jason Garrett anyone?
Old 10-08-2009, 09:41 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

What about bringing in Ron Rivera and Mike Martz? You have some Mike Martz guys. Just give him full control of the O and he'll be happy.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 10-08-2009, 12:44 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't mind Martz as a coordinator. The guy is very good at that. Rivera seems to have some mixed opinions. Some say he's good, but others say he's overrated. I'm not sure what to make of him.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote