Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-22-2009, 08:14 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Skins should be 5 spots lower.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bengals should be higher. We beat green bay yet we're 12 spots lower? I'm not saying we should even be higher than them, just not that far away. I personally feel we should be closer to where the dolphins are now at 19.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just posted this in Shiver's thread. I think all the huge offense that we are not used to seeing from the Ravens has made people overlook that this isn't a typical Ravens defense. At least not right now it is.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:29 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think number 5 is the appropriate spot for the Vikings. I think they should be 7 - 10 spots lower. Here is my reasoning:

1. The Vikings played two teams that are 0-2. They did pretty well against them, but nothing that hasn't ever happened before.

2. They couldn't stop the run in those two games. The Lions got above 100 yards rushing.

3. The Vikings didn't get moving until the second half. I don't know if it's just because the Lions were excited? Or if it was just the way they played. But something has to be done about the offense and defense showing up later in the game.

4. I can see that Favre is managing the game, which is what he came here to do, but he can't be successful if he is not being protected. If Favre gets hurt, who will manage the game? I guess that is usually expected when there are two new starters.

Number 5 is steep, I would say a lot lower.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would hope the Bengals could be closer to middle of the pack right now, but it is espn so I put no stock into it. We should be 2-0 but the big man upstairs decided to shun us for our years of stupidity after finally having a good offseason. We played hard at GB and won. And how about the defense? huh? yeaaahhh. Once Carson gets his timing down, I think we could really start to make some teams sweat.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:13 AM    (permalink
Denver Bronco56
Veteran

Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Denver Bronco56 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I understand we played 2 teams that well arent GOOD...but in the same sense when they played their other games they played good (EXE. Chad Ocho and Jamal Lewis played great against their other opponents) but when they play us we shut them down...

i like the idea of being underrated...but we are playing good football

and i understand we ALMOST didnt win the bengals game....but we outplayed them 59:00 minutes and they scored there only points on the last drive
Denver Bronco56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:19 AM    (permalink
Saints 4 Lyfe
Veteran

Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

right now Saints are top 5 imo..
Saints 4 Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:52 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
Yes, and the Chargers lose a nail biter to the supposed #1 and fall all the way from 6 to 11....lol. So f***ing stupid.
seriously...so if Naanee holds onto that pass in the final seconds in the end zone, are the Ravens 11? It doesn't make sense.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 07:40 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think the Colts deserve the #3 ranking. They had no business winning that game in Miami. The Saints and Jets seem too low. I would also rank the Bengals higher.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:48 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

9ers ahead of Dallas? Whod'a thunk it? Eagles are way too high without McNabb. Ravens are no surprise at #1 to anyone who saw them in last season's playoffs.

If present trends continue Patriots could be going down faster than a preacher's daughter. And we could be looking at a SB matchup of Jets vs. Giants or vs. NOLA Saints.

Power rankings are 95% speculation after 2 games as scheduling is the most important factor now, in the early season it's 32 teams vaguely divided into Haves & Have Nots.

Last edited by LizardState : 09-23-2009 at 10:14 AM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:40 AM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow cant believe the skins are that high
Old 09-23-2009, 10:42 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The 9ers are looking good this year. But we all know they won't win the superbowl this year. Maybe when they get a decent QB.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 09-23-2009, 10:53 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_29 View Post
The 9ers are looking good this year. But we all know they won't win the superbowl this year. Maybe when they get a decent QB.
I wish we could nab hall of famers out of retirement.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 11:06 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
I wish we could nab hall of famers out of retirement.
Yeah, the thought of the Vikings winning a superbowl with Favre is being optimistic.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:18 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_29 View Post
Shaun Hill is a decent QB and I think the 49ers could win a Super Bowl with him ...providing they first get a dominant pass rusher, a huge upgrade at right tackle, and a true #1 receiver :( :(

Last edited by abaddon41_80 : 09-23-2009 at 12:36 PM.
abaddon41_80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 12:39 PM    (permalink
no bare feet
Veteran

no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If a lot of things happen for a lot of teams then every team can say they could win the Super Bowl.
no bare feet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 12:40 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
great. now i'm laughing so hard i'm literally going to asphyxiate.
Man I really want to make an autoerotica joke right here.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:40 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I mean.. IF those things happened, it wouldn't be hard to see the Niners being one of the better teams in the league...If those things happened

Old 09-23-2009, 12:42 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.abaddon41_80 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
great. now i'm laughing so hard i'm literally going to asphyxiate.
The sad part is that I am serious. Hill is much better than Brad Johnson or Trent Dilfer and both have won a Super Bowl in the past 10 years. I'm just saying that Hill is not what is holding the 49ers back, like some people seem to believe.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:43 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

really though, I think SI's power rankings look a little better

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...3.1/index.html

Ravens
Saints
Giants
Jets
Colts
Falcons
Vikings
Steelers
Patriots
Iggles
Niners
Chargers
Cowboys
Broncos
Bungles
Packers
Bears
Texans
Titans
Bills
Cards
Seahawks
Fins
Raiders?
Redskins
Panthers
Chiefs
Jags
Lions
Rams
Browns

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 12:45 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Yeah I mean.. IF those things happened, it wouldn't be hard to see the Niners being one of the better teams in the league...If those things happened
I still think the 9ers will be good, I actually like Hill.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:47 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hill is nowhere close to as good as Brad Johnson was. He was a Pro Bowler multiple times in his career and finished in the top 5 in passer rating a few times.

Shaun Hill is a borderline starter at best. Beating two teams (narrowly, even) from the worst division in football does not qualify as anything significant. This reminds me of a couple years back when SF won their first two games and everyone started talking about "watch out for the Niners!" and they proceeded to finish with 6 or 7 wins.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 12:55 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Hill is nowhere close to as good as Brad Johnson was. He was a Pro Bowler multiple times in his career and finished in the top 5 in passer rating a few times.

Shaun Hill is a borderline starter at best. Beating two teams (narrowly, even) from the worst division in football does not qualify as anything significant. This reminds me of a couple years back when SF won their first two games and everyone started talking about "watch out for the Niners!" and they proceeded to finish with 6 or 7 wins.
That was before Mike Singletary. This 9er team is on a mission to make Crabtree look like a lackbrain.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:03 PM    (permalink
abaddon41_80
Pro Bowler

Quote:

No one thought anything about the 2007 Niners after those two games because they looked awful on offense and not nearly as good on defense as this year.

EDIT: And I think that if the 49ers had a dominant pass rusher ala Ware then the defense would easily be top 5 in the league and a good #1 WR, and a good right tackle we would have a much better offense than the Raven had. I stand by the statement that Hill is definitely not what is holding the 49ers back.

Last edited by abaddon41_80 : 09-23-2009 at 01:07 PM.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:05 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:

Maybe not but Brad Johnson did all that after he turned 30. Shaun Hill is capable of doing the same but I am, as a 49er fan, skeptical. We're not worried about our QB play because we're gonna be a run first team so if Shaun Hill can manage our games and continue to convert on 3rd downs. We're winning ugly and that's expected in the first couple weeks. But come on.. you're gonna fault us for barely beating last year's SB loser and last season's most injury ridden team. The Seahawks are a totally different squad with Hassleback and Tatupu.

Weren't you crying about not being higher after barely getting beat by the Ravens but the previous week you barely beat the Raiders.