Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 09-23-2009, 01:12 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 3: Pittsburgh

The dirty Steelers are coming into town, obviously.... I wanted to get this one started early.

They've apparently been having trouble running the ball and the pass protection hasn't been the greatest. I feel like we should be able to hold them under 20. The real question will be how well can the offense protect Carson and hopefully Benson can get around 4 a carry again.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I like our chances.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Big Ben is still undefeated in Ohio. Nuff said. :D
Old 09-23-2009, 01:19 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, needless to say I'll never chalk up a game vs. Pittsburgh as a W. It's still your division to win.

I'm just feeling a little more confident than I would have expected to feel about this one. At the very least it should be a good game. I can't remember the last time we beat you all at PBS.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:21 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Well, needless to say I'll never chalk up a game vs. Pittsburgh as a W. It's still your division to win.

I'm just feeling a little more confident than I would have expected to feel about this one. At the very least it should be a good game. I can't remember the last time we beat you all at PBS.
No doubt it should be a good game. I wouldn't be surprised to see an old fashioned shootout. Too bad I don't get the game at my house.
Old 09-23-2009, 03:53 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm gonna be in the jungle once again for this game and I cannot wait! I just hope we don't come out and lay the proverbial egg like we tend to do at home against the Steelers. I would also be surprised if we gave up more than 2 or 3 touchdowns on defense. If the offense can build off of last week we definitely have a chance. I'm anxious to see the pass protection against the vaunted Steelers pass rush.

Oh, and I wouldn't mind seeing Rey Maualuga introduce himself to Big Ben and I think Keith might be just a little pissed off at a certain receiver.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm glad that someone started this one early. Not being a moderator I didn't know if I should be starting the other ones or not, but it was already game time when I made them so I figured you had just forgot or were busy or something.

Anyways, as always I'm ready for the Steelers to stick it to us. But if Odom is getting his sacks based off skill and not his opponents lack of skill, then I don't see why he can't disrupt Ben who's notorious for holding onto the ball for to long.

However, I heard Cedric didn't practice today due to an ankle injury =(. If he doesn't go on Sunday, I'm not upset with Leonard and Scott carrying the rock, but I don't think either of them can handle the abuse of the Steelers D for long, which might hurt our chances.

Either way, I can say I definitely am excited.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 06:59 AM    (permalink
SC Igniter
Rookie

SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SC Igniter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I am excited too about playing the Steelers. Their the best team in football, the team and everyone knows we have to play better to beat this team. Less penalties and better choices by Palmer need to happen if were to post a W. Control the line of scrimmage, continuing running the ball effectively and converting on play action. So the key for me is our offense: seeing Palmer improving, reducing our mistakes and the ability of our OL handling the best D in football. I think our Defense will keep us in the game. Wouldn't be surprised if we see a Special teams TD or a interception returned.

Who Dey
SC Igniter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 02:33 AM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

My freaking computer died like 3 weeks ago and it's been a battle to get a new one but I FINALLY got it tonight so I'm back as usual.

Benson is now probable so he'll be ready to rock.

I hope that for once we can shut down the Steelers run offense and I have plenty of confidence in Zimmer disrupting the passing game.

These 4:15 games always scare me, I can't remember the last one of those we won either lol. Should be a battle of the defenses, I'd be SHOCKED if the defense gave up more than 2 TD's (given decent circumstances aka no INT's close to home).

Definitely agree about the defense keeping us in the game, we'll be relying pretty heavily on them I'd say.

I'm dying, just want it to be Sunday.
Old 09-26-2009, 02:20 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we want respect from the critics and the NFL we need to win this game it is defently a Huge Statement game for us
Pat Sims 90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Strongside
Veteran

Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Strongside is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't wait for this game.
Old 09-26-2009, 07:12 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Normally I get off work at 4 on sunday. Of Course on the day that the Bengals play at 4:15 I work until 7:30...blah!
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 08:01 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dude I feel for you. I go crazy when I have to work Sunday's, I work every other but luckily I don't work this one and I got off for the next two games after it.

I get very agitated when I work during Bengals games lol.

EDIT: And I have no problem with other people starting the game threads.

Last edited by PalmerToCJ : 09-26-2009 at 08:08 PM.
Old 09-26-2009, 08:39 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm chompin at the bit right now waiting for tomorrow.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As a Steeler fan, I picked the Bengals to win the division. I am a bit scared of this game, but both teams really need to start 2-1 and not fall to 1-2. I am pumped. Hope I get it here in Maryland.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 09:20 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just want the game to be on. Yay for tomorrow.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 11:18 PM    (permalink
StripedWalrus
Pro Bowler

StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StripedWalrus is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Dude I feel for you. I go crazy when I have to work Sunday's, I work every other but luckily I don't work this one and I got off for the next two games after it.

I get very agitated when I work during Bengals games lol.

EDIT: And I have no problem with other people starting the game threads.
Luckily being a supervisor at work has its quirks. I will basically duck away often to the break room and watch a play or two. Also I will track the game on game tracker on the computer...its not the same as watching the whole game but it is better than nothing.
StripedWalrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thank God Cincy's so close and I'll get the game in Columbus. Hated having to go to BWs last week to watch it.

Starks needs to have a huge game stopping Odom or the offense is gonna have alot of problems. The defense without against this Bengals receiving core could be bad. Only 2 sacks for the Steelers so far this season, thats not gonna be good enough today.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
Thank God Cincy's so close and I'll get the game in Columbus. Hated having to go to BWs last week to watch it.

Starks needs to have a huge game stopping Odom or the offense is gonna have alot of problems. The defense without against this Bengals receiving core could be bad. Only 2 sacks for the Steelers so far this season, thats not gonna be good enough today.
They have three.
Old 09-27-2009, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My mistake, but not good enough. We need to be getting 4 and 5 sacks a game, and the fact that none are from Harrison or Woodley scares me.

Old 09-27-2009, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
My mistake, but not good enough. We need to be getting 4 and 5 sacks a game, and the fact that none are from Harrison or Woodley scares me.
It doesn't help that they get held every play. I think they break out and get one each this week. I hope Lebeau dials up the blitzes and gets after Palmer.
Old 09-27-2009, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

FWIW, Dick LeBeau was inducted into OSU's Hall of Fame at yesterdays game.

Old 09-27-2009, 12:36 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

I will say, if the Steelers don't get some heat on Carson I think the game is ours. Now, I don't think that will be the case but they absolutely have to get to him.
Old 09-27-2009, 05:10 PM    (permalink
crites09
Veteran

crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.crites09 is so money.

ugh we look bad right now... were starting to turn it up but the D needs to step up
crites09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JJ with a pick six

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 06:03 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we're giving you this game right now.

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote