Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum

Cincinnati Bengals Team Forum Who dey gonna discuss dem Bengals?

Old 09-27-2009, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this is kinda embarrassing.

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

perfect timing for Benson to do that.

RIP ST
Old 09-27-2009, 06:14 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Well, fantastic.

good game to all you steeler fans out there.

RIP ST
Old 09-27-2009, 06:15 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats on a sick win guys. I was so happy I got this game on TV here, and then the late comeback just made it all the better. Damn close to being 3-0 and wins against 2 strong teams...I still think the Bengals are legit. With all the room that they have to improve on offense given they're underperforming big time with the talent that is on that side of the ball, this team could be scary good by the end of the year.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good game. Bye.
Old 09-27-2009, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy Hell. WHO DEY!!!!
Big win, our team showed great poise down the stretch. Gotta love Palmer's cool on the last drive. Brian Leonard and Caldwell both came through big.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm happy we won. I'm glad we beat a divisional rival that usually spanks us. But I'm even happier that Big Ben's stupid undefeated-in-Ohio streak is over already. So sick of hearing that every year (sometimes twice if I watch the Pitt @ Cleveland game).
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 09:52 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BRIAN **#((#**( LEONARD

Great drive by Carson. Cannot contain my excitement, we played awful and still somehow pulled this miracle out. Was disappointed in the defense but a win is a win.

Really I have to thank Brad St. Louis for sucking otherwise we would've probably ended up in OT.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brian Leonard is my new Hero
Plz Cut Brad St. Louis
I am still in shock that we won a game were we were dominated pretty much all game.
Headed to the Clevend game Next week will be chanting WHO DEY all day hopefully we blow them out so i dont have to have a another heart attack watchin us wining or losing on the last play of the game
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 10:23 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok that was my short, excitement post for the night after finally getting on a computer. Now for something of substance.

Let me say this game was big for many reasons.

1. The Steelers flat out own us and still do.
2. It was a win in the division.
3. It was a come from behind win.

My only real concern of Carson over the past few years hasn't been health or decision making, it has been his ability to lead us on game winning drives. So many times we would fumble late in the game or have an INT that lost the game. He hadn't had a ton of success in finishing, whether it was his fault or not.

Three games into this season, he's lead us on what should have been a come from behind game winner vs. Denver with under 2 minutes. He's led the team down to kick a field goal to make it a two score game with under 2 minutes vs. GB. And now, after the team not playing great all day he leads us on another drive with under two minutes which included TWO fourth down conversions.

Overall I'm still disappointed with the way the team played as a whole, mostly in the 1st half. The defense seemed tentative in the 1st half and played more of that conservative style we played under Breshnahan which leads to third down conversions and what-not. The offense just couldn't do anything, Chad was the only one producing.

In the 2nd half it was more of what I expected. Antwan Odom is just playing out of his mind this year, Geathers was getting a great deal of pressure as well. Big Ben is as good as anyone at avoiding the rush. The run game finally got clicking which as we saw opened up the passing game.

Really was just a gutsy game. I am sure you all are like me, when it was 4th down I figured the game was over... Especially the 4th and 10 that Leonard converted, I nearly wet myself. I would like to be the Vice President of his fanclub. I will say I nearly had a heart attack throughout the entire drive but Carson's throws were all absolutely perfect. I did get majorly PO'd when they spiked it with 43 seconds and 2 timeouts left.

We're a freakish bounce away from being 3-0. Had you told me we would be 2-1 at this point before the season started I would've been content figuring we would've beat Denver and GB so I can't complain.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Ok that was my short, excitement post for the night after finally getting on a computer. Now for something of substance.

Let me say this game was big for many reasons.

1. The Steelers flat out own us and still do.
2. It was a win in the division.
3. It was a come from behind win.

My only real concern of Carson over the past few years hasn't been health or decision making, it has been his ability to lead us on game winning drives. So many times we would fumble late in the game or have an INT that lost the game. He hadn't had a ton of success in finishing, whether it was his fault or not.

Three games into this season, he's lead us on what should have been a come from behind game winner vs. Denver with under 2 minutes. He's led the team down to kick a field goal to make it a two score game with under 2 minutes vs. GB. And now, after the team not playing great all day he leads us on another drive with under two minutes which included TWO fourth down conversions.

Overall I'm still disappointed with the way the team played as a whole, mostly in the 1st half. The defense seemed tentative in the 1st half and played more of that conservative style we played under Breshnahan which leads to third down conversions and what-not. The offense just couldn't do anything, Chad was the only one producing.

In the 2nd half it was more of what I expected. Antwan Odom is just playing out of his mind this year, Geathers was getting a great deal of pressure as well. Big Ben is as good as anyone at avoiding the rush. The run game finally got clicking which as we saw opened up the passing game.

Really was just a gutsy game. I am sure you all are like me, when it was 4th down I figured the game was over... Especially the 4th and 10 that Leonard converted, I nearly wet myself. I would like to be the Vice President of his fanclub. I will say I nearly had a heart attack throughout the entire drive but Carson's throws were all absolutely perfect. I did get majorly PO'd when they spiked it with 43 seconds and 2 timeouts left.

We're a freakish bounce away from being 3-0. Had you told me we would be 2-1 at this point before the season started I would've been content figuring we would've beat Denver and GB so I can't complain.
I am thinking us beening 2-1 and losing that Denver game on that last play i think that is fueling are team right now and will fuel them for the rest of the season Hopefully
Old 09-27-2009, 10:34 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

You know, I'm being hard on the defense. I'm not at all saying they played poorly, I think it's just that my expectations of them are so big. I was just really disappointed with their play in the 1st half but even then they only gave up 13 points in the 2nd half despite the offense playing terrible. Then they did give up the one TD drive in the 3rd quarter however that was the ONLY possession which they gave up over 10 yards.

The pressure on Big Ben was adequate in the 2nd half and MUCH better than it ever was last season. Just like in the Denver game, the defense kept us in the game and the offense came through in the clutch... Same play less the whole tip TD thing.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:44 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
You know, I'm being hard on the defense. I'm not at all saying they played poorly, I think it's just that my expectations of them are so big. I was just really disappointed with their play in the 1st half but even then they only gave up 13 points in the 2nd half despite the offense playing terrible. Then they did give up the one TD drive in the 3rd quarter however that was the ONLY possession which they gave up over 10 yards.

The pressure on Big Ben was adequate in the 2nd half and MUCH better than it ever was last season. Just like in the Denver game, the defense kept us in the game and the offense came through in the clutch... Same play less the whole tip TD thing.
Defense is solid they keep us in the game and i could see Zimmer be lured away after the season to be a HC for someone
Old 09-27-2009, 11:12 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly don't know why the Steelers went into their shells when they were dominating you guys. We should've blew you guys out, but kept it close because we weren't keeping up our agressiveness.
Old 09-27-2009, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
I honestly don't know why the Steelers went into their shells when they were dominating you guys. We should've blew you guys out, but kept it close because we weren't keeping up our agressiveness.
Because Defensive Leader was not in the game for u and the defense did not have that fire that they usually do

And Offfensive Steelers need to stick to the running game not try to pull a NE and throw every play and U guys should have played Mendenhall and i think ur offense got too cocky when it was 20-9

And if Cower or Noll was coaching this game the bengals would have not won i think Tomlin is overrated as a coach even thought he has a SB ring He just road that insanely good defense to the SB and Big Bens Clutch plays in 4th Quarter Like i said when he was hired wait till all Cower Players are gone and then we will see how good he is
Old 09-27-2009, 11:37 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Steelers in the 2nd half = Bengals in the 1st half. Both played way more tentative than they should've. Not having Polamalu certainly didn't help.

I would hope when we come into your place that the offense is playing better but then you should have Troy and the obvious home field advantage.

This game definitely didn't play out like I thought it would.
Old 09-28-2009, 01:56 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

OH MY GOD WE DID IT!!! I don't think I've been this excited since Nam.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote