Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC East Division Forum

NFC East Division Forum Discuss the NFC East

View Poll Results: Best NFC East DB?
Asante Samuel, CB, Philadelphia 28 37.33%
Corey Webster, CB, New York 24 32.00%
Sheldon Brown, CB, Philadelphia 14 18.67%
Carlos Rogers, CB, Washington 1 1.33%
Other (please indicate who) 8 10.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-03-2010, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
Mike Jenkins is at another level. Sorry Sheldon nor Asante are better.

They do however over play routes for lots of INTs but then of course the corollary is big plays if the QB even has a little time.
Because he broke up one pass? GTFO homer. I hope Jason Peters bashes the **** out of that loud mouth piece of **** just to spite you.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 04:57 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Because he broke up one pass? GTFO homer. I hope Jason Peters bashes the **** out of that loud mouth piece of **** just to spite you.
No b/c Crayton is toasting Sheldon and Austin is making Asante look like a bad gambler.

Don't be angry. Game is not over.... over.

Last edited by herniateddisc : 01-03-2010 at 09:35 PM.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 01:45 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supporting Caste View Post
Hahahahahahahaha

AHAHAHHAAHAHHAHAA
WTF are you laughing at? Something funny?
Old 01-04-2010, 01:57 AM    (permalink
Supporting Caste
Rookie

Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I laugh when I'm sad.

In all seriousness, I am amused at how quickly your tough talk devolves into unhinged, malicious RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE when something doesn't go your way.
Supporting Caste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 02:03 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

You'd be enraged too if your team put out the effort mine did today, pathetic, completely and utterly pathetic.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:04 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
ONE??!!! Oh I forgot. You turned the TV off out of frustration.

He had MANY.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 02:09 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
ONE??!!! Oh I forgot. You turned the TV off out of frustration.

He had MANY.
Look at the time this was posted and maybe that would explain something to you ;)

And yeah I saw them I saw McNabb under throw Maclin twice more and then I saw Jenkins deflect them, whoop de doo! He is the second coming of Deion right? He can deflect under and poorly thrown balls, damn he should be an all-pro, why don't we just elect him to the hall of fame now?! Why the hell isn't he in the hall ALREADY? I mean clearly he is gods gift to cornerbacks, I mean he played well against a rookie receiver, crown him now, best in the game! Lets see him back his loudmouth and try and cover DeSean because he hasn't done it yet.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:51 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Look at the time this was posted and maybe that would explain something to you ;)

And yeah I saw them I saw McNabb under throw Maclin twice more and then I saw Jenkins deflect them, whoop de doo! He is the second coming of Deion right? He can deflect under and poorly thrown balls, damn he should be an all-pro, why don't we just elect him to the hall of fame now?! Why the hell isn't he in the hall ALREADY? I mean clearly he is gods gift to cornerbacks, I mean he played well against a rookie receiver, crown him now, best in the game! Lets see him back his loudmouth and try and cover DeSean because he hasn't done it yet.
I agree McNabb was a bad passer who cost you guys the game. What can I say? He choked. Predictable... but true.

I don't wanna hear nutten about Desean Jackson. The Cowboys are his kryptonite. He does jack crap against us. He hasn't even been matched up against our best CB yet.
Old 01-04-2010, 05:49 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I agree McNabb was a bad passer who cost you guys the game. What can I say? He choked. Predictable... but true.
Haha. Check & Mate. I guess Thumper can't argue that McNabb's never choked away a big game.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 08:20 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SO those 4 pass deflections by Jenkins yesterday against the MOST EXPLOSIVE TEAM IN FOOTBALL where all bad throws?

Or is he straight out "beasting?"
Old 01-04-2010, 09:56 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im thiiiiiiiiis close to jumping on the Mike Jenkins bandwagon.

I want to see him cover DJax 1 on 1 in press coverage all game though. I want to see that before I pass the baton off to him. He didn't cover Jackson much yesterday. And when he did, he gave him like 10 yards of cushion.

I need to see less fear in Jenkins if he's going to be the best CB in the division. But he's getting close. Very close.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Im thiiiiiiiiis close to jumping on the Mike Jenkins bandwagon.

I want to see him cover DJax 1 on 1 in press coverage all game though. I want to see that before I pass the baton off to him. He didn't cover Jackson much yesterday. And when he did, he gave him like 10 yards of cushion.

I need to see less fear in Jenkins if he's going to be the best CB in the division. But he's getting close. Very close.
I dunno man... There might be less than a handful of guys right now in the entire league that displays more swagger than Jenkins. He has been flat out dominating. Better than any Cowboys CB I can remember since Deion.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:38 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
I dunno man... There might be less than a handful of guys right now in the entire league that displays more swagger than Jenkins. He has been flat out dominating. Better than any Cowboys CB I can remember since Deion.
D, I hate when you do that. Repeatin my lines. But we agree. The kid is DOMINANT right now.

BigBlue, why press DJax if he is scared of running a crossing pattern and is one dimensional? Frankly, playing DJax press if you can run with him, which Mike can, is silly and exhausting.

Face it, 2 games versus Cowboys and nothing for DJax or Maclin ..... but I like Maclin more for a #1. I likey likey Austin and Nicks much much much more for a real #1.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:41 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm just waiting to see if Jenkins becomes T-New who cowboys fan crowned a few years ago as coming straight from the semen of Deion and now is the whipping boy of the NFC East at CB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 02:43 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like I said, DJax does more for his team by running deep then he does running a slant. Its not just about individual matchups all the time, you want to roll coverages sometimes to open the field up for the other guys.

Jenkins didn't even cover Jax all game, Newman covered him a lot.

Like I said, Im VERY close to jumping on Jenkin's bandwagon, but theres still a lot more football to be played.

Jax can run any route you want him to run. He's one of the best route runners in the league.

As much as I love Nicks, Id trade him for Jax in a heartbeat.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:41 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
i'm just waiting to see if Jenkins becomes T-New who cowboys fan crowned a few years ago as coming straight from the semen of Deion and now is the whipping boy of the NFC East at CB.
TNew never had the hands. Jenkins does.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:42 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Like I said, DJax does more for his team by running deep then he does running a slant. Its not just about individual matchups all the time, you want to roll coverages sometimes to open the field up for the other guys.

Jenkins didn't even cover Jax all game, Newman covered him a lot.

Like I said, Im VERY close to jumping on Jenkin's bandwagon, but theres still a lot more football to be played.

Jax can run any route you want him to run. He's one of the best route runners in the league.

As much as I love Nicks, Id trade him for Jax in a heartbeat.
Jenkins plays one side of the field and Tnew the other. And when he did cover him ... nothing.

Jenkins is beasting right now.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:54 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Well I am glad I started this discussion at least.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:55 PM    (permalink
MilesAustin4MVP
Rookie

MilesAustin4MVP MilesAustin4MVP MilesAustin4MVP

Quote:
T-New is still a very good corner. He was on Desean Jackson most of the day. He may give up one or two plays a game, but he is usually money for the rest of the game.
MilesAustin4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 04:03 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesAustin4MVP View Post
T-New is still a very good corner. He was on Desean Jackson most of the day. He may give up one or two plays a game, but he is usually money for the rest of the game.
yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....ok

Reading most of your, what, 10 posts? It looks like I'm gonna have to step up my game to have the good, funny homers prevail over the ones who are literally insane.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 01-04-2010, 05:25 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
D, I hate when you do that. Repeatin my lines. But we agree. The kid is DOMINANT right now.

BigBlue, why press DJax if he is scared of running a crossing pattern and is one dimensional? Frankly, playing DJax press if you can run with him, which Mike can, is silly and exhausting.

Face it, 2 games versus Cowboys and nothing for DJax or Maclin ..... but I like Maclin more for a #1. I likey likey Austin and Nicks much much much more for a real #1.
You hate when I do what? Do you have a mental block? You should know by now that I always give you your due. Have I not? You love to act like I don't for some odd reason. In this case, I guess it's just a coincidence.

But for your peace of mind. Does this work for your ego?

EVERYBODY, BOB SAID THAT MIKE JENKINS IS THE BEST CB DALLAS HAS HAD SINCE DEION SANDERS! HE SAID IT FIRST! HE SAID IT FIRST! HE SAID IT FIRST!

I do remember you saying he's as good as Champ Bailey and I was hesitant to put him there so quickly. I never denied that some day he could be though. I never lacked that foresight. I loved Mike as a prospect before you even knew his name. You were just noting his early success this year and prematurely making Champ comparisons. It's nice to see him playing at an elite level, and he's on the right track, but Champ comparisons are earned over time and respectfully, the only thing holding Mike back now is time. He'll get there if he keeps playing the way he has been. I just hold Champ in too high a ground that I'm not ready to crown Mike yet. I'm talking about Champ in his prime. Not this old guy.
Old 01-04-2010, 05:27 PM    (permalink
MilesAustin4MVP
Rookie

MilesAustin4MVP MilesAustin4MVP MilesAustin4MVP

Quote:
yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....ok

Reading most of your, what, 10 posts? It looks like I'm gonna have to step up my game to have the good, funny homers prevail over the ones who are literally insane.
indict my football knowledge because I only have 10 posts or so on a random internet message board. That just seems kind of silly.
MilesAustin4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 05:47 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
You hate when I do what? Do you have a mental block? You should know by now that I always give you your due. Have I not? You love to act like I don't for some odd reason. In this case, I guess it's just a coincidence.

But for your peace of mind. Does this work for your ego?

EVERYBODY, BOB SAID THAT MIKE JENKINS IS THE BEST CB DALLAS HAS HAD SINCE DEION SANDERS! HE SAID IT FIRST! HE SAID IT FIRST! HE SAID IT FIRST!

I do remember you saying he's as good as Champ Bailey and I was hesitant to put him there so quickly. I never denied that some day he could be though. I never lacked that foresight. I loved Mike as a prospect before you even knew his name. You were just noting his early success this year and prematurely making Champ comparisons. It's nice to see him playing at an elite level, and he's on the right track, but Champ comparisons are earned over time and respectfully, the only thing holding Mike back now is time. He'll get there if he keeps playing the way he has been. I just hold Champ in too high a ground that I'm not ready to crown Mike yet. I'm talking about Champ in his prime. Not this old guy.
Um. Thanks?
Old 01-04-2010, 06:06 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilesAustin4MVP View Post
indict my football knowledge because I only have 10 posts or so on a random internet message board. That just seems kind of silly.
no, I'm saying I've seen the majority of your posts since there are so few, and based on seeing most of your posts, I can deduce that you are a raging homer, and not the cool, tolerable kind either.
Quote:
Old 01-05-2010, 01:29 AM    (permalink
Supporting Caste
Rookie

Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This is a loaded, nonsensical thought, but I'll bite.

Cowboys fans were high on Newman at one point because he was awesome. He allowed something ridiculous like 1 touchdown in 25 games.

This year and at times, last year, Newman hasn't been nearly the same player. I don't know what the deal is. He's been hurt a lot so some assume he's still playing hurt, others point to his age and say he's slowing down.

I don't know what the deal is, myself. He hasn't looked any slower to me and most of his errors seem like rookie-ish mental mistakes (if not blatant acts of sheer idiocy), but I don't know if what appear to me as stupid actions are just him getting by on less athleticism.

In any case, it's not like Cowboys fans assessed the guy incorrectly and are flip flopping, as you imply. He's not the same player.
Supporting Caste is offline   Reply With Quote