Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC East Division Forum

NFC East Division Forum Discuss the NFC East

View Poll Results: Best NFC East DB?
Asante Samuel, CB, Philadelphia 28 37.33%
Corey Webster, CB, New York 24 32.00%
Sheldon Brown, CB, Philadelphia 14 18.67%
Carlos Rogers, CB, Washington 1 1.33%
Other (please indicate who) 8 10.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2009, 10:12 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: near DC
Posts: 8,208
Reputation: 460581
DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

landry played really well yesterday. he just tries to do too much sometimes and gets in trouble. yesterday he took some great angles, blew up the backfield several times, and forced a fumble.
__________________
DiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:20 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Pentagon City, VA
Posts: 22,876
Reputation: 520433
SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

The safety play in the NFC east is probably the weakest positional unit in teh entire conference.
__________________

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:11 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 29,447
Reputation: 4397441
bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I don't think Landry is as bad as advertised. He just needs to stay more disciplined.

Its just one of those years for the Skins. Telling DHall to grow a pair would go a long way in shoring up that defense. The guy is getting picks, but man has he fell off as a CB.
__________________
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:26 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Pentagon City, VA
Posts: 22,876
Reputation: 520433
SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I don't think Landry is as bad as advertised. He just needs to stay more disciplined.

Its just one of those years for the Skins. Telling DHall to grow a pair would go a long way in shoring up that defense. The guy is getting picks, but man has he fell off as a CB.
Picks as in his man beats him drops the ball and it gets tips to him. Carlos Rogers would get INT's too if we were playing with beach balls so he might be able to hold on. The fact is Hall is slow as hell in coverage and the biggest pssy in the NFL. I mean how the guy simply is afraid to get his nails broken. Jake fcking Delhomme carried Deangelo for 5 yards for the game and Delhomme has got to be the least athletic and worst starting QB in the league right now. Dhall is a joke and I was going off the second we gave him that contract.
__________________

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 04:53 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 29,447
Reputation: 4397441
bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Picks as in his man beats him drops the ball and it gets tips to him. Carlos Rogers would get INT's too if we were playing with beach balls so he might be able to hold on. The fact is Hall is slow as hell in coverage and the biggest pssy in the NFL. I mean how the guy simply is afraid to get his nails broken. Jake fcking Delhomme carried Deangelo for 5 yards for the game and Delhomme has got to be the least athletic and worst starting QB in the league right now. Dhall is a joke and I was going off the second we gave him that contract.
Yeah DHall has been awful. Its amazing, he's done the exact opposite of what Corey Webster did.

He went from a great CB to a terrible one. You can tell the guy puts no effort in the film room, and has the heart of a mouse.

He has speed, and he has hands, but thats all he has. He couldve been so much better than he is. He needs someone to kick his butt into shape, he's still young, he can turn it around with some counseling.
__________________
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 05:37 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Pentagon City, VA
Posts: 22,876
Reputation: 520433
SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I am baffled that he won that NFL's fastest player competition back in 05 and ran the fastest indoor 40 time in VT history(4.15). If you look at the way he plays on the field he looks no faster than a 4.7. Either he got really slow or he's just so fcking scared to get hit or hit someone that his feet are stuck in quicksand. While I think he has lost a step I think the 2nd option is the true reason why he's so damn slow on the field.
__________________

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 06:19 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 29,447
Reputation: 4397441
bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Its easy running fast when you have shorts on.

The guy has no strength at all, so once you put the pads on, WRs just fling him like a rag doll and he can't recover from it.

A simple bump here or slight nudge there, and he'll fly off his man. Thats why even though he's fast, he can't cover anymore bc his pussiness is being exposed.

And he lacks the mentality to bounce back and fight back, so he just gets thrown around.

He used to be mean, he used to press, fight his guy and get physical. Something happened to him. He's just the biggest ***** now.

And bc he doesnt watch film anymore and just coasts and relies on his speed, he bites on so many moves he just gets burned.
__________________
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 06:19 PM    (permalink
quincyyyyy
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 166
Reputation: -3178
quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy
Default

Mike Jenkins is very good.
quincyyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 31,593
Reputation: 494719
Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quincyyyyy View Post
Mike Jenkins is very good.
Great. He MIGHT be the fifth-best corner in the division.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: R4L 3:16 says I just whipped your ass
Posts: 15,127
Reputation: 3152801
Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Asante Samuel FTW
__________________

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Enjoying a succulent peach
Posts: 10,596
Reputation: 2578670
Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
Asante Samuel FTW
Web and sheldon Brown are so much better.
__________________

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 01:55 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 29,447
Reputation: 4397441
bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

If I were to rank all the CBs in the East as of today:

1. Corey Webster
2. Sheldon Brown
3. Asante Samuel
4. Terrell Thomas
5. Aaron Ross
6. Carlos Rogers
7. Terrance Newman
8. Fred Smoot
9. Mike Jenkins
10.Orlando Scandrick

and everyone past that doesn't really matter.
__________________
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Enjoying a succulent peach
Posts: 10,596
Reputation: 2578670
Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
If I were to rank all the CBs in the East as of today:

1. Corey Webster
2. Sheldon Brown
3. Asante Samuel
4. Terrell Thomas
5. Aaron Ross
6. Carlos Rogers
7. Terrance Newman
8. Fred Smoot
9. Mike Jenkins
10.Orlando Scandrick

and everyone past that doesn't really matter.
Has Rogers been having a bad year? He looked very good last year and if he's any where near that level this year I'd definitely have him above Ross, who's been injured, and above Terrell for now.
__________________

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:50 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 29,447
Reputation: 4397441
bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Has Rogers been having a bad year? He looked very good last year and if he's any where near that level this year I'd definitely have him above Ross, who's been injured, and above Terrell for now.
He just gives you absolutely nothing as an INT guy.

The way TT is playing, he's sticking his guys just as well as Rogers. And TT is so versatile, he's the better blitzer, he covers TEs, speed guys, possession guys, he's probably the most versatile CB in the division. Can even play some safety if need be.

Ross gives a little less in coverage than Rogers but he can pick it off. I just can't view Rogers in the same light as the other top guys with those stone hands. He's a better version of Will Allen.
__________________
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 02:42 PM    (permalink
quincyyyyy
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 166
Reputation: -3178
quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy
Default

Giants DBs are getting dominated by the Saints. I know they have a good passing game, but the Giants DBs look horrible. Even Webster is out of position multiple times that went for big plays. 34 points in the 1st half. That is just inexcusable; I don't care who you are playing. Can you say overrated?

Last edited by quincyyyyy : 10-18-2009 at 02:45 PM.
quincyyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Enjoying a succulent peach
Posts: 10,596
Reputation: 2578670
Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quincyyyyy View Post
Giants DBs are getting dominated by the Saints. I know they have a good passing game, but the Giants DBs look horrible. Even Webster is out of position multiple times that went for big plays. 34 points in the 1st half. That is just inexcusable; I don't care who you are playing. Can you say overrated?
Not really, we don't have our best safety, best cover backer, third corner and have gotten pressure twice today. Webster's been good today, don't know what you are talking about.
__________________

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 09:44 PM    (permalink
quincyyyyy
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 166
Reputation: -3178
quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Not really, we don't have our best safety, best cover backer, third corner and have gotten pressure twice today. Webster's been good today, don't know what you are talking about.
That is an absurd statement. Since Kenny Phillips is out for the rest of the year none of your losses will count? Don't think we have had injuries? Cry me a river Argentina, everyone has injuries. Your Defense was absolutely putrid and got little pressure. And your offense was almost as bad. Eli is back to his old self. Expect more of that for the rest of the year; I knew Eli would eventually come back down to earth.

Last edited by quincyyyyy : 10-18-2009 at 09:57 PM.
quincyyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Enjoying a succulent peach
Posts: 10,596
Reputation: 2578670
Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quincyyyyy View Post
That is an absurd statement. Since Kenny Phillips is out for the rest of the year none of your losses will count? Don't think we have had injuries? Cry me a river Argentina, everyone has injuries. Your Defense was absolutely putrid and got little pressure. And your offense was almost as bad. Eli is back to his old self. Expect more of that for the rest of the year; I knew Eli would eventually come back down to earth.
I was talking about whether or not our DBs are over-rated, so how did you go from that to our loss doesn't count? When did I ever cry about our injuries? You said our players were over-rated and I pointed out that many of them didn't play, so this game if anything proved that guys like Kenny would be under-rated.

As for Eli you're an idiot, he's come down to earth after two years? Sure, especially considering he had a pretty good game, we just shot ourselves in the foot too much early and late we were down by too much that our play calling got predictable.

Hey, we lost, our D got dominated, it happens. If that was all it took to get eliminated we'd have never won the superbowl against the pats since your cowboys dominated our D week one of that year before our new DC figured out what needed to be done for our D to match up with the elite teams.

The problem though was Sheridan, we got no pressure because we didn't rush more than 4 guys on a single play this game while playing soft zones in the secondary instead of running the tight bump n run man coverage that our players excel at. I hope he learns from this and gets our D to bounce back like Spags did 2 years ago.
__________________

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 09:57 PM    (permalink
quincyyyyy
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 166
Reputation: -3178
quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy
Default

Moreover, it wasn't that you backups played poorly, it was that your starting corners played awful. Webster was bad. He got owned by Colston, and seemed to be out of position quite often. He even had a key defensive PI when he blatantly pushed Colston down after he toasted him. And Terrell Thomas was also pretty bad. No way he is even close to Mike Jenkins. So much for the injury argument...
quincyyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 10:09 PM    (permalink
quincyyyyy
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 166
Reputation: -3178
quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I was talking about whether or not our DBs are over-rated, so how did you go from that to our loss doesn't count? When did I ever cry about our injuries? You said our players were over-rated and I pointed out that many of them didn't play, so this game if anything proved that guys like Kenny would be under-rated.

As for Eli you're an idiot, he's come down to earth after two years? Sure, especially considering he had a pretty good game, we just shot ourselves in the foot too much early and late we were down by too much that our play calling got predictable.

Hey, we lost, our D got dominated, it happens. If that was all it took to get eliminated we'd have never won the superbowl against the pats since your cowboys dominated our D week one of that year before our new DC figured out what needed to be done for our D to match up with the elite teams.

The problem though was Sheridan, we got no pressure because we didn't rush more than 4 guys on a single play this game while playing soft zones in the secondary instead of running the tight bump n run man coverage that our players excel at. I hope he learns from this and gets our D to bounce back like Spags did 2 years ago.

I was drawing special attention to your corners (not your backups), whom are overrated.

Past two years? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I guess I didn't get the memo that a 74 and 86 QB ratings were good. He has had a very good run game and defense to support his mediocre QB bad play for some time. Eli is the most overrated player on your team. I admit he has played well as of late, but I don't see that continuing. He is just not that good to keep it up, and today proved it. And he had a good game? He was horribly inaccurate (45.2%) with an overall rating of 61. And I'm the idiot...

More often than not teams don't blitz and the get pressure. Your players should be able to beat their men one on one; they can't, hence overrated.
quincyyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Enjoying a succulent peach
Posts: 10,596
Reputation: 2578670
Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quincyyyyy View Post
Moreover, it wasn't that you backups played poorly, it was that your starting corners played awful. Webster was bad. He got owned by Colston, and seemed to be out of position quite often. He even had a key defensive PI when he blatantly pushed Colston down after he toasted him. And Terrell Thomas was also pretty bad. No way he is even close to Mike Jenkins. So much for the injury argument...
lol, you didn't watch the game did you? Webster was pretty good and the fact that you mention that absolutely horrible PI call is proof you're talking out of your ass, colston was running with Webster and tripped over Web's leg, that's not PI and even my bears friend weed guy mentioned that. Anyway, we were in zone all game and our we're a man press team, so you can't really even analyze our secondary after that game. And TT got burned at times, but again he's a press man corner who was asked to play off the ball in zone, that's on the DC not the corners.

And yes, CC Brown, who is one of our backups, was remarkably terrible and responsible for at least 200 yards today. So yes our backups were terrible.
__________________

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 10:17 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Enjoying a succulent peach
Posts: 10,596
Reputation: 2578670
Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quincyyyyy View Post
I was drawing special attention to your corners (not your backups), whom are overrated.

Past two years? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I guess I didn't get the memo that a 74 and 86 QB ratings were good. He has had a very good run game and defense to support his mediocre QB bad play for some time. Eli is the most overrated player on your team. I admit he has played well as of late, but I don't see that continuing. He is just not that good to keep it up, and today proved it. And he had a good game? He was horribly inaccurate (45.2%) with an overall rating of 61. And I'm the idiot...

More often than not teams don't blitz and the get pressure. Your players should be able to beat their men one on one; they can't, hence overrated.
QB rating? Seriously, do you want to seem like an idiot? Eli has been the cog that makes our offense go for two years, his pre-snap adjustments and ability to sustain drives is why we've been so dominant at controlling the clock and keeping our D fresh. Also you can't forget how great he has been as at driving us for late game scores throughout his tenure.

Our team sucked today, you can't say that's because eli was garbage, there were a lot of drops, penalties, broken protections, and then we were down by a ton in the second half. Eli is easily our MVP, if you don't think so you just haven't watched the giants since our superbowl run.
__________________

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 10:32 PM    (permalink
quincyyyyy
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 166
Reputation: -3178
quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
lol, you didn't watch the game did you? Webster was pretty good and the fact that you mention that absolutely horrible PI call is proof you're talking out of your ass, colston was running with Webster and tripped over Web's leg, that's not PI and even my bears friend weed guy mentioned that. Anyway, we were in zone all game and our we're a man press team, so you can't really even analyze our secondary after that game. And TT got burned at times, but again he's a press man corner who was asked to play off the ball in zone, that's on the DC not the corners.

And yes, CC Brown, who is one of our backups, was remarkably terrible and responsible for at least 200 yards today. So yes our backups were terrible.
He didn't tripped him, he pushed him down with his right hand.

Furthermore, I don't know what game you were watching but Webster gave up big plays to Colston throughout the first half. You are truly delusional.

And yes your backups did play miserably. A sign of a good team is depth. You, admittedly, don't have that.
quincyyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Jersey
Posts: 31,037
Reputation: 2810967
Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by quincyyyyy View Post
He didn't tripped him, he pushed him down with his right hand.

Furthermore, I don't know what game you were watching but Webster gave up big plays to Colston throughout the first half. You are truly delusional.

And yes your backups did play miserably. A sign of a good team is depth. You, admittedly, don't have that.
HAHAHA. The Giants have the deepest 53 man roster in the NFL. The one position we are lacking is safety. Also, Webster's hand was out but he didn't push on the PI.
__________________
#Chop


sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 10:38 PM    (permalink
quincyyyyy
Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 166
Reputation: -3178
quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
QB rating? Seriously, do you want to seem like an idiot? Eli has been the cog that makes our offense go for two years, his pre-snap adjustments and ability to sustain drives is why we've been so dominant at controlling the clock and keeping our D fresh. Also you can't forget how great he has been as at driving us for late game scores throughout his tenure.

Our team sucked today, you can't say that's because eli was garbage, there were a lot of drops, penalties, broken protections, and then we were down by a ton in the second half. Eli is easily our MVP, if you don't think so you just haven't watched the giants since our superbowl run.
Um QB rating is an excellent way to rate quarterbacks. Rarely does a QB have a very good year and have a sub 90 rating. Eli is a bus driver QB. Maybe he manages the game well, but that is it. You are terribly deluded if you think Eli has been a good QB the past two years.

Eli should have been picked off twice, and his accuracy was just miserable. I can't believe you think he had a good game. Whatever your smoking must be good.

Eli is not your MVP. His sub par play has been covered up by a great defense and run game the past couple of years. You must be living in a fantasy land.
quincyyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.