Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC East Division Forum

NFC East Division Forum Discuss the NFC East

View Poll Results: Best NFC East DB?
Asante Samuel, CB, Philadelphia 28 37.33%
Corey Webster, CB, New York 24 32.00%
Sheldon Brown, CB, Philadelphia 14 18.67%
Carlos Rogers, CB, Washington 1 1.33%
Other (please indicate who) 8 10.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-18-2009, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quincyyyyy View Post
He didn't tripped him, he pushed him down with his right hand.

Furthermore, I don't know what game you were watching but Webster gave up big plays to Colston throughout the first half. You are truly delusional.

And yes your backups did play miserably. A sign of a good team is depth. You, admittedly, don't have that.
Man, I don't know what to tell you, but you're just wrong, that PI call was trash, webster didn't push colston and everyone who saw it knows it.

As for our depth any giants fan will admit our depth at safety sucks.

I like you are conveniently ignoring that we ran zone all game without bringing pressure even once, considering we are a bump n run team.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 09:39 PM    (permalink
quincyyyyy
Rookie

quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
HAHAHA. The Giants have the deepest 53 man roster in the NFL. The one position we are lacking is safety. Also, Webster's hand was out but he didn't push on the PI.
Well take that up with Rosebud because he thinks your backups are terrible.
quincyyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Um QB rating is an excellent way to rate quarterbacks. Rarely does a QB have a very good year and have a sub 90 rating. Eli is a bus driver QB. Maybe he manages the game well, but that is it. You are terribly deluded if you think Eli has been a good QB the past two years.

Eli should have been picked off twice, and his accuracy was just miserable. I can't believe you think he had a good game. Whatever your smoking must be good.

Eli is not your MVP. His sub par play has been covered up by a great defense and run game the past couple of years. You must be living in a fantasy land.
Eli was off, he didn't have a good game, but he sure as hell wasn't terrible. And I'm sorry but you just don't watch the giants, the more you blab on the clearer it becomes. It's okay since you're not a giants fan, but don't pretend like you do.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 10-18-2009, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Well take that up with Rosebud because he thinks your backups are terrible.
Again, I think our depth at safety is garbage, I think our DC has been bad this year and was absolutely terrible against the saints, but I have never said we had bad depth.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-18-2009, 09:51 PM    (permalink
quincyyyyy
Rookie

quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Man, I don't know what to tell you, but you're just wrong, that PI call was trash, webster didn't push colston and everyone who saw it knows it.

As for our depth any giants fan will admit our depth at safety sucks.

I like you are conveniently ignoring that we ran zone all game without bringing pressure even once, considering we are a bump n run team.
Giants like the Cowboys and every other team does not blitz on every other play. Yet all these teams in the league can get pressure. Your players were just not beating their matchups. Hence overrated.

Playing zone is the reason why your D gave up 48 points? That is such an awful and, to be blunt, ignorant excuse I don't know where to begin. Some of the best defenses in the league over the years have played exclusively zone. If it was such a bad thing teams wouldn't do it. It is suppose to prevent big plays... Which your team still gave up as a matter of fact. So your players can't even do that right.

Last edited by quincyyyyy : 10-18-2009 at 09:59 PM.
Old 10-18-2009, 09:53 PM    (permalink
quincyyyyy
Rookie

Quote:
Again, I think our depth at safety is garbage, I think our DC has been bad this year and was absolutely terrible against the saints, but I have never said we had bad depth.
Oh so now it is safety? Before it was just your backups. Right...
Old 10-18-2009, 09:57 PM    (permalink
quincyyyyy
Rookie

Quote:
Eli was off, he didn't have a good game, but he sure as hell wasn't terrible. And I'm sorry but you just don't watch the giants, the more you blab on the clearer it becomes. It's okay since you're not a giants fan, but don't pretend like you do.
Hmm that is interesting:

Quote:

As for Eli you're an idiot, he's come down to earth after two years? Sure, especially considering he had a pretty good game,
First I was an idiot, because he had a good game, now he was off? Dude you are losing this argument. I have never seen someone shift positions as much as you within such a short time span.
Old 10-18-2009, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Giants like the Cowboys and every other team does not blitz on every other play. Yet all these teams in the league can get pressure. Your players were just not beating their matchups. Hence overrated.

Playing zone is the reason why your D gave up 48 points? That is such an awful and, to be blunt, ignorant excuse I don't know where to begin. Some of the best defenses in the league over the years have played exclusively zone. If it was such a bad thing teams wouldn't do it. It is suppose to prevent big plays... Which your team still gave up as a matter of fact. So your players can't even do that right.
We didn't blitz at all this game, our interior DL got absolutely no push, so while our DEs did underachieve a lot of the times they did beat their man Brees had plenty of room to step up. That's where the lack of stunts, twists and blitzes really hurt. If we had managed to get some pressure up the middle I think you'd have also seen our DEs perform better since Tuck was still beating his man and getting pressure at times. When did we start talking about our DL anyway? You started this by saying that our DBs were over-rated, now it's our DL?

And while Zone schemes have shown to be effective, you're talking about a secondary that's built to play a lot of man and press coverage, that's what our corners are built for, that's what they have worked on the most and that's where they excel. Bill Sheridan however decided to ignore that and put our players in the worst position for them to succeed. Especially when you account for the massive hole deep, occupied by whomever feels like making a fool of CC Brown. Look, if we were healthy playing zone wouldn't have killed us, but without two competent cover safeties things fall apart if you give a guy enough time.

Quote:
Hmm that is interesting:

First I was an idiot, because he had a good game, now he was off? Dude you are losing this argument. I have never seen someone shift positions as much as you within such a short time span.
Compared to the rest of the team eli did have a pretty good game, I thought eli, nicks and bradshaw were our three best player in this game. Sorry that was poorly worded.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-19-2009, 08:19 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its still Corey Webster. We ran zone all game, our CBs didn't get beat in man coverage.

We had to run zone all game bc we had nobody who can cover the middle of the field with Boley being hurt.

TT just got beat once in man vs Shockey. But other than that, our man coverages were fine, we just barely ran it is all.

Our safeties suck, and it got exposed by the Saints. Well, CC sucks. Johnson is solid but not spectacular.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:11 AM    (permalink
quincyyyyy
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Its still Corey Webster. We ran zone all game, our CBs didn't get beat in man coverage.

We had to run zone all game bc we had nobody who can cover the middle of the field with Boley being hurt.

TT just got beat once in man vs Shockey. But other than that, our man coverages were fine, we just barely ran it is all.

Our safeties suck, and it got exposed by the Saints. Well, CC sucks. Johnson is solid but not spectacular.
Um no. My eyes don't lie, and if you go to the play by play on espn.com you would see that Webster got beat regularly by Colston in the first half (not to mention the times he was out of position and wouldn't get mentioned in the play by play). Nice try though.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:28 AM    (permalink
quincyyyyy
Rookie

Jermon Bushrod, T, New Orleans.

At 6-foot-5 and 315 pounds, it's hard to be anonymous, but Bushrod was until Sunday. Then he pitched a shutout against one of the best pass-rushers in the game, Osi Umenyiora of the Giants. Zero sacks, zero pressures. "I don't know that we ever hit [Drew Brees],'' coach Tom Coughlin said. Three times, actually. But it wasn't nearly enough, and the wall formed by Bushrod and his peers did the trick.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...#ixzz0UOaXUNCA
Old 10-19-2009, 11:50 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Um no. My eyes don't lie, and if you go to the play by play on espn.com you would see that Webster got beat regularly by Colston in the first half (not to mention the times he was out of position and wouldn't get mentioned in the play by play). Nice try though.
Your eyes obviously do lie, bc they can't tell the difference between zone defense and man coverage.

But I think you already made it very obvious already in this thread that you have no clue what you're talking about to begin with. So we'll leave it at that.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:16 PM    (permalink
quincyyyyy
Rookie

Quote:
Your eyes obviously do lie, bc they can't tell the difference between zone defense and man coverage.

But I think you already made it very obvious already in this thread that you have no clue what you're talking about to begin with. So we'll leave it at that.
Are you out of your mind? So playing zone defense absolves CBs of their responsibilities? I saw Webster out of position on multiple plays, and if you would go to espn.com play by play you would see that Webster got owned for at least 70-80 yards in the first half. So not only are you clueless, but you are being delusional.

Last edited by quincyyyyy : 10-19-2009 at 12:21 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:22 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Are you out of your mind? So playing zone defense absolves CBs of their responsibilities? I saw Webster out of position on multiple plays, and if you would go to espn.com play by play you would see that Webster got owned for at least 70-80 yards in the first half.
No it doesnt. Which is why if you actually paid attention to the game, youd see that it was Dockery and CC who were getting abused in coverage.

Just bc a CB makes a tackle, doesn't mean that it was his assignment, so espn play by play is a comical argument.

They ran deep posts all game. Just bc they line up in front of a CB doesn't mean he gets torched. In fact CWeb broke off his own assignment to make tackles regularly in that game, so it may have looked like he got "burned", but he didn't. He wasn't out of position, he was breaking off his zones to try to save the play bc the interior zones were getting burned all game.

The only play that was on CWeb was the PI call, which most ppl agree was a BS call.

We ran Cover 2 for majority of that game. We lost fair and square, but CWeb wasn't the reason for us getting torched. Not by a long shot.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:35 PM    (permalink
quincyyyyy
Rookie

Quote:
No it doesnt. Which is why if you actually paid attention to the game, youd see that it was Dockery and CC who were getting abused in coverage.

Just bc a CB makes a tackle, doesn't mean that it was his assignment, so espn play by play is a comical argument.

They ran deep posts all game. Just bc they line up in front of a CB doesn't mean he gets torched. In fact CWeb broke off his own assignment to make tackles regularly in that game, so it may have looked like he got "burned", but he didn't. He wasn't out of position, he was breaking off his zones to try to save the play bc the interior zones were getting burned all game.

The only play that was on CWeb was the PI call, which most ppl agree was a BS call.

We ran Cover 2 for majority of that game. We lost fair and square, but CWeb wasn't the reason for us getting torched. Not by a long shot.
Um most people wouldn't agree. Webster blatantly pushed him down with his right hand. If it was a wrong call you would be getting an acknowledgment from the league later this week. I sincerely doubt you will get one.

I know how zone works. Webster regularly whiffed on his assignments. you must be delusional.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:06 PM    (permalink
quincyyyyy
Rookie

Jacobs, Webster struggle in return home

By Chris Singleton
Staff Writer

Published: Monday, October 19, 2009 at 11:00 a.m.
Last Modified: Monday, October 19, 2009 at 11:26 a.m.

NEW ORLEANS — “Home Sweet Home” was the complete opposite for New York Giants running back Brandon Jacobs and cornerback Corey Webster during Sunday's game against the New Orleans Saints.

Playing in their first game back in Louisiana as professional football players, Sunday's showdown between two undefeated teams went from a homecoming celebration to a disappointing performance for both Jacobs and Webster.

The Saints ripped apart New York's top-ranked defense with 493 total yards, and held the Giants' rushing attack to a season low 84 yards in a 48-27 win at the Louisiana Superdome on Sunday.

Jacobs, a former Assumption High standout and Napoleonville native, had only 33 yards on seven carries and one catch for 2 yards.

Webster, a former St. James High and LSU standout and Vacherie native, finished with five tackles, but he was a victim of an explosive Saints offensive attack that had seven different players score touchdowns.

Webster was also called for a critical pass interference play on New Orleans receiver Marques Colston, which helped the Saints take a 27-10 lead in the second quarter.

While the Saints celebrated a 5-0 record with their fans after the game, the Giants (5-1) were left stunned by the lopsided defeat in a quiet visitor's locker room.

When approached by media members for a postgame interview, Webster quickly left the locker room and headed for the team's buses.

Jacobs said it was an embarrassing performance in all phases for the Giants.

http://www.dailycomet.com/article/20...in-return-home
Old 10-19-2009, 01:12 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

how does that article prove anything you claim?

it states CWeb was part of a defense that gave up 7 tds. so all of em are his fault?

and it states he had a bad PI call, which i already discussed. stop reaching.
Old 10-19-2009, 02:33 PM    (permalink
quincyyyyy
Rookie

Quote:
how does that article prove anything you claim?

it states CWeb was part of a defense that gave up 7 tds. so all of em are his fault?

and it states he had a bad PI call, which i already discussed. stop reaching.
First of all the article says Webster played poorly, and apparently Webster agreed which is why he ran away from the media. Moreover, the article never said the PI call was bad. Wow, not only are you delusional but you are hallucinating as well...
Old 10-19-2009, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
First of all the article says Webster played poorly, and apparently Webster agreed which is why he ran away from the media. Moreover, the article never said the PI call was bad. Wow, not only are you delusional but you are hallucinating as well...
Oh because using a Lousiana based paper as your source is SO unbias. Yeah I'm sure they would say the PI call was awful (which if you actually saw the game you would know it was). Also Webster wasn't the problem. Try watching the game before you make stupid comments. We played zone most of the game and he was typically playing underneath, thus putting the blame on the safety.

So the article says he struggles and they didn't reference any times he actually struggled. Lets blindly believe a bias newpapers believe it though.

I wish I could give you more negative rep, but sadly I've already done it too recently.
Old 10-19-2009, 03:34 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

NFL Live just broke down why the Giants got rocked. Just like Ive been saying in the Giants forum, they just exposed the middle of the field all game.

They exposed CC Brown and our LBs in coverage. Its not rocket science. Without Boley and KP going on IR, it was money in the bank.

They ran deep posts the entire game. Thats why im not overly concerned about this game, bc once Boley comes back we'll be fine.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:13 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is quincy always wrong or am I missing something?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 06:15 PM    (permalink
quincyyyyy
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Is quincy always wrong or am I missing something?
Bueler was an awful pick, and so was Butler. Right?
Old 10-19-2009, 06:34 PM    (permalink
quincyyyyy
Rookie

Quote:
NFL Live just broke down why the Giants got rocked. Just like Ive been saying in the Giants forum, they just exposed the middle of the field all game.

They exposed CC Brown and our LBs in coverage. Its not rocket science. Without Boley and KP going on IR, it was money in the bank.

They ran deep posts the entire game. Thats why im not overly concerned about this game, bc once Boley comes back we'll be fine.
Didn't see that, but considering your rather heavy bias as evidenced by your reaction to the article I posted, I can't say your word is enough for me.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:36 PM    (permalink
quincyyyyy
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Oh because using a Lousiana based paper as your source is SO unbias. Yeah I'm sure they would say the PI call was awful (which if you actually saw the game you would know it was). Also Webster wasn't the problem. Try watching the game before you make stupid comments. We played zone most of the game and he was typically playing underneath, thus putting the blame on the safety.

So the article says he struggles and they didn't reference any times he actually struggled. Lets blindly believe a bias newpapers believe it though.

I wish I could give you more negative rep, but sadly I've already done it too recently.
I watched the game from beginning to end.

Anyhow, so if there is a mistake in coverage in a zone it is always the safety's fault? Right...
Old 10-19-2009, 06:38 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Didn't see that, but considering your rather heavy bias as evidenced by your reaction to the article I posted, I can't say your word is enough for me.
Im sure somebody else can verify my statement.

Its not bias at all, I rip guys on my team who deserve to get ripped. Your account of what actually happened just happens to be very inaccurate.

They even shown a play where CC gave up a TD that Web made a tackle on. It was quarters coverage, the WR runs a deep post at CC, and Web tries to recover and break off his quarter to stop the play, but its too late.

But I guess ESPN is lying too of course. *sarcasm*