Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC East Division Forum

NFC East Division Forum Discuss the NFC East

View Poll Results: Best NFC East DB?
Asante Samuel, CB, Philadelphia 28 37.33%
Corey Webster, CB, New York 24 32.00%
Sheldon Brown, CB, Philadelphia 14 18.67%
Carlos Rogers, CB, Washington 1 1.33%
Other (please indicate who) 8 10.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-19-2009, 06:51 PM    (permalink
bdawk#1
Rookie

bdawk#1 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i voted for sheldon brown!
bdawk#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interesting stat - QBs get a QB rating of 27.8 when they throw in Corey Webster's direction, which is good enough for 2nd best in the league. The only CB ranked ahead of him in this aspect? Sheldon Brown. QBs throwing in his direction get a QB rating of 2.3, by far the best in the league. Can you say under-rated?

http://profootballfocus.com/by_posit...=25&numgames=1

Last edited by Go_Eagles77 : 10-30-2009 at 09:42 PM.
Go_Eagles77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sheldon Brown is excellent. It's very close between Webster and him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 12:06 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Interesting stat - QBs get a QB rating of 27.8 when they throw in Corey Webster's direction, which is good enough for 2nd best in the league. The only CB ranked ahead of him in this aspect? Sheldon Brown. QBs throwing in his direction get a QB rating of 2.3, by far the best in the league. Can you say under-rated?

http://profootballfocus.com/by_posit...=25&numgames=1
yeah, had I not voted for Web I would've voted for Sheldon and am baffled by how people can vote for Asante over him.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Umm...

Today Corey Webster was burned for 2 touchdowns, he completely blew his coverage on DeSean Jackson's touchdown, Jeremy Maclin made an amazing grab over Webster for the TD and in addition on Shady McCoy's big TD run he was a non factor and he was the only defender down field and he was blocked by Maclin. Not a good day for Webster.

And the reason I voted for Samuel is because he is a great corner as well, he isn't as shutdown as Sheldon but Asante is the much better playmaker and is much more clutch, Samuel is one of the best ever in the postseason. I like Asante more just because of his big play ability but he is not slouch in coverage either, last season here are his numbers:Season Totals:
78 attempts, 6.51 YPA, 41.03 Forced INC%, 3 TDs, 4 INTs (via KC Joyner)

Those are great numbers, good for 20th in the NFL last season.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 07:13 PM    (permalink
quincyyyyy
Rookie

quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Umm...

Today Corey Webster was burned for 2 touchdowns, he completely blew his coverage on DeSean Jackson's touchdown, Jeremy Maclin made an amazing grab over Webster for the TD and in addition on Shady McCoy's big TD run he was a non factor and he was the only defender down field and he was blocked by Maclin. Not a good day for Webster.
exactly overrated.
quincyyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Umm...

And the reason I voted for Samuel is because he is a great corner as well, he isn't as shutdown as Sheldon but Asante is the much better playmaker and is much more clutch, Samuel is one of the best ever in the postseason. I like Asante more just because of his big play ability but he is not slouch in coverage either, last season here are his numbers:Season Totals:
78 attempts, 6.51 YPA, 41.03 Forced INC%, 3 TDs, 4 INTs (via KC Joyner)

Those are great numbers, good for 20th in the NFL last season.
Wrong. The Webster TD to Jackson was actually Brown's fault. You could tell Webster thought Brown would be covering over the top and he totally gave up the route. The coverage scheme was for Brown to pick up the WR on a deep play. The Maclin play was on Webster but it was more of Maclin making a great play than Webster doing anything wrong. The ball was thrown up and Maclin was physical and made the play. Webster was in the right place and had a hand in there but he couldn't knock the ball out. Also, Webster made a very good place against Jackson earlier in the game in the endzone. The ball was in DeSean's hands and Webster knocked it out saving the TD.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-01-2009, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I don't understand why Cowboy trolls are around to roam free with no repurcussions.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-01-2009, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Wrong. The Webster TD to Jackson was actually Brown's fault. You could tell Webster thought Brown would be covering over the top and he totally gave up the route. The coverage scheme was for Brown to pick up the WR on a deep play. The Maclin play was on Webster but it was more of Maclin making a great play than Webster doing anything wrong. The ball was thrown up and Maclin was physical and made the play. Webster was in the right place and had a hand in there but he couldn't knock the ball out. Also, Webster made a very good place against Jackson earlier in the game in the endzone. The ball was in DeSean's hands and Webster knocked it out saving the TD.
Yeah, I initially thought that play was on Webster just because I saw him fall of DeSean and I thought he bit on a fake or McNabb baited him with his eyes or something, but after some reviewing the Giants were running Tampa-2 and the play was definitely on the safety, my bad.

And on the Maclin play, that was more Maclin but still it contributes to a bad day, great coverage but Webster just couldn't break it up, unlucky break kind of the story of the Giants game.

And yeah, the troll needs to go.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Yeah, I initially thought that play was on Webster just because I saw him fall of DeSean and I thought he bit on a fake or McNabb baited him with his eyes or something, but after some reviewing the Giants were running Tampa-2 and the play was definitely on the safety, my bad.

And on the Maclin play, that was more Maclin but still it contributes to a bad day, great coverage but Webster just couldn't break it up, unlucky break kind of the story of the Giants game.

And yeah, the troll needs to go.
Yeah thanks for owning up. I was so impressed with Maclin on that TD that I'm pretty sure you have 2 beasts for the next 10 years. I thought Jackson and Maclin were two similar WR's but Maclin is a lot more tough and physical than I thought. I know he's a speedster but he is a different WR than Jackson.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-01-2009, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hakeem Nicks had a great play on Sheldon Brown as well but just like the Maclin play it was more of a great play by the WR than a bad play by the CB.
Old 11-01-2009, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Hakeem Nicks had a great play on Sheldon Brown as well but just like the Maclin play it was more of a great play by the WR than a bad play by the CB.
Yup, as I said I think Brown and Webster are very very close. They are similar CB's but of course we're going to go with our hometown players.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-01-2009, 08:57 PM    (permalink
quincyyyyy
Rookie

quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy

Quote:
Yup, as I said I think Brown and Webster are very very close. They are similar CB's but of course we're going to go with our hometown players.
How did your boy Eli Manning play today? Still think he is not overrated?
Old 11-01-2009, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quincyyyyy View Post
How did your boy Eli Manning play today? Still think he is not overrated?
Unsuccessful troll is unsuccessful.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 09:29 PM    (permalink
quincyyyyy
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
Unsuccessful troll is unsuccessful.
Do you still think Eli Manning is better than Romo?
Old 11-01-2009, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by quincyyyyy View Post
Do you still think Eli Manning is better than Romo?
Because 1 game is proof of how good a player is. What did you say after Tony Romo and the cowboys lost to the eagles 44-6 last year?
Old 11-01-2009, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Wait until December, then we'll see how good Romo is. :D
Old 11-01-2009, 09:38 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sheldon Brown got ****** out of an INT by the refs. Our DB's played a really solid game against the Giants, but damn we were so inconsistent against Steve Smith.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 09:41 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
Sheldon Brown got ****** out of an INT by the refs. Our DB's played a really solid game against the Giants, but damn we were so inconsistent against Steve Smith.
It was within 5 yards but Eli had already released the ball and Brown was still holding barely. Not that it mattered but we got screwed out of that defensive TD by Osi. There was no visual evidence to overturn that call.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-01-2009, 09:43 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It was within 5 yards but Eli had already released the ball and Brown was still holding barely. Not that it mattered but we got screwed out of that defensive TD by Osi. There was no visual evidence to overturn that call.
I was at the game and I didnt see the replay of that Osi TD, so I cant really say, but it looked clean from my angle.

Kenny Phillips replacement was struggling hard.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
I was at the game and I didnt see the replay of that Osi TD, so I cant really say, but it looked clean from my angle.

Kenny Phillips replacement was struggling hard.
Yeah he is terrible. There is nothing else to say.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-01-2009, 11:05 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Should be able to add Mike Jenkins to the short list after this year. Hopefully, that is. :) He's probably our best DB right now. Teams are starting to avoid his side completely for long stretches. He's real tough to beat and he just keeps getting better and better. He's looking like that lock down corner. It will be interesting to see how well he plays against the Eagles and Packers in the next two weeks. He has been quite impressive up to this point.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Should be able to add Mike Jenkins to the short list after this year. Hopefully, that is. :) He's probably our best DB right now. Teams are starting to avoid his side completely for long stretches. He's real tough to beat and he just keeps getting better and better. He's looking like that lock down corner. It will be interesting to see how well he plays against the Eagles and Packers in the next two weeks. He has been quite impressive up to this point.
Is he switching sides to the best WR or is he just playing whoever is on his side of the field?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-01-2009, 11:36 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Is he switching sides to the best WR or is he just playing whoever is on his side of the field?
It depends...he has spent time doing both. Shadowing their best receiver or just standing pat. You should start seeing a lot more of him shadowing the best receiver. He's playing tremendously, regardless of who he is defending. I may be jumping the gun a bit but, his future is looking mighty bright.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 11:38 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
It depends...he has spent time doing both. Shadowing their best receiver or just standing pat. You should start seeing a lot more of him shadowing the best receiver. He's playing tremendously, regardless of who he is defending. I may be jumping the gun a bit but, his future is looking mighty bright.
You can tell when a CB is taking a step to the next level. I'm going to keep an eye on him more now.

sig by BoneKrusher