Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC East Division Forum

NFC East Division Forum Discuss the NFC East

View Poll Results: Best NFC East DB?
Asante Samuel, CB, Philadelphia 28 37.33%
Corey Webster, CB, New York 24 32.00%
Sheldon Brown, CB, Philadelphia 14 18.67%
Carlos Rogers, CB, Washington 1 1.33%
Other (please indicate who) 8 10.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-09-2009, 05:06 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Jenkins right now is the best.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 05:09 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let me just add, that I hope Cowboy fans(not necessarily here, just in general) don't start hyping up Jenkins way too fast and pre maturely so much that he'll start to get called overrated. But alot of people thought he had all the tools to be an elite lock down corner at the next level, he just needed someone to push his buttons and get the most out of him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 08:27 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Let me just add, that I hope Cowboy fans(not necessarily here, just in general) don't start hyping up Jenkins way too fast and pre maturely so much that he'll start to get called overrated. But alot of people thought he had all the tools to be an elite lock down corner at the next level, he just needed someone to push his buttons and get the most out of him.
Did you post this before or after you saw the post above yours? Haha. Like I said, I like Jenkins a lot, but at this point I wouldn't put him above Brown, Webster, or even Samuel.

As a side note, I love the fact that Deangelo Hall isn't even remotely in this discussion, typical redskins.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:31 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Did you post this before or after you saw the post above yours? Haha. Like I said, I like Jenkins a lot, but at this point I wouldn't put him above Brown, Webster, or even Samuel.

As a side note, I love the fact that Deangelo Hall isn't even remotely in this discussion, typical redskins.
Why would he be in the discussion? He's the worst DB on our roster and wouldn't be playing if it weren't for his contract. There isn't a single DB on the Skins worth mentioning in the NFC East. Smoot is the only guy but he can't stay healthy. Horton as well but our dumbass coaching staff isn't even using him full time.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 08:40 PM    (permalink
danzing1488
Rookie

danzing1488 danzing1488 danzing1488 danzing1488 danzing1488 danzing1488 danzing1488

Reed Doughty ;)
danzing1488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Why would he be in the discussion? He's the worst DB on our roster
That's my point, I wasn't being sarcastic at all.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzing1488 View Post
Reed Doughty ;)
leave it to you to pick the one white guy, stay classy.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 12:08 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would LOVE for the Skins to cut Chris Horton. Or even put him up for trade. Id trade a 2nd round pick for Chris Horton and not think twice about it.

He's exactly what we need at SS.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:23 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will take Jenkins right now over that entire list and he is also improving. The minute he starts to get the "No-Call PI" like Asante and Brown -- it is off to the races. Put him in the Champ Bailey discussion by the end of the year.

Corey Webster is possibly not even better than Terrell Thomas. Vincent Jackson made him look bad that last play and the G-Men DB are pretty bad right now. If Webster was lock-down they would not be as bad.

Have yet to really see Rogers play this year so in all fairness I should say I dunno. DeAngelo I have sen enough to know he is really bad.
Old 11-10-2009, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

V. Jackson was the first WR to make Webster look bad since 2007. Way to base your argument off of one game.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
The minute he starts to get the "No-Call PI" like Asante and Brown -- it is off to the races
What are you basing this off of other than the one time Asante did it on Sunday?
Old 11-10-2009, 02:47 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Champ Bailey comparisons?

This is why theres no such thing as an underrated Cowboy.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

Even as a Cowboys fan, it makes me sad to hear comparisons like that. I love Mike a lot, but I recognize that it's going to take a lot of time tested battles won before he can even sniff Champ Bailey comparisons. He still gets burnt. I mean... they all do. Even the great ones. The difference for him now, is that he learns from each mistake and keeps getting better and better. We're loving him right now because he's in the middle of making that ascend up towards reaching his potential... and that really is a fun time. You know... the same thing that Terrell Thomas is doing. Makin' that climb! Fun stuff to watch.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 07:13 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Even as a Cowboys fan, it makes me sad to hear comparisons like that. I love Mike a lot, but I recognize that it's going to take a lot of time tested battles won before he can even sniff Champ Bailey comparisons. He still gets burnt. I mean... they all do. Even the great ones. The difference for him now, is that he learns from each mistake and keeps getting better and better. We're loving him right now because he's in the middle of making that ascend up towards reaching his potential... and that really is a fun time. You know... the same thing that Terrell Thomas is doing. Makin' that climb! Fun stuff to watch.
Oh no doubt. He's looking real good right now. And should only get better. Its just the Champ comparisons are a bit much.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:24 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Now you know there are fans everywhere that have to be a homer and overrate their players and annoint them early. Everyone always tries to put this on the Cowboys like it's just our fans that do this lol. I visit alot of other teams boards and it's no different on any team forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As good as Webster has been the last 2 years I've never seen anyone compare him to Champ Bailey.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 11-10-2009, 09:36 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Webster has not been that good for the last two years. Your pass rush has. This year it has been bad and how has Webster looked??

All this Webster love started with the GB interception in the pen ultimum game of the year. Prior to that, everyone hate him and thought he was crap. All of a sudden he has a good year on a dominant D and he something special?? Whatever.

With respect to the Champ Bailey point, please read carefully. I wrote once he starts getting the calls like Asante does that it is off to the races in terms of EFFECTIVENESS. I am not saying Jenkins is as ACCOMPLISHED, I am saying that once he gets some REF respect he will be in that class of CB.

Why do I think this? B/c he is very physical, has good catch up speed, plays the ball as well as any CB in the league and has good hands. My Jenkins concerns are emotional maturity and in that sense he still has lots to prove.

But right now, pound for pound, he is better than all listed IMHO. Keep watching him ...

Last edited by herniateddisc : 11-10-2009 at 09:41 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Webster has not been that good for the last two years. Your pass rush has. This year it has been bad and how has Webster looked??

With respect to the Champ Bailey point, please read carefully. I wrote once he starts getting the calls like Asante does that it is off to the races in terms of EFFECTIVENESS.

I am not saying Jenkins is as ACCOMPLISHED, I am saying that once he gets some REF respect he will be in that class.
Webster has been excellent this year except for the one game. The first TD he let up in 2 years was against Maclin where he played the coverage perfectly. Jackson ate him up on numerous plays but some WR's just have a CB's number. I'm not the least bit worried.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by Giantsfan1080 : 11-10-2009 at 09:40 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Corey Webster is possibly not even better than Terrell Thomas. Vincent Jackson made him look bad that last play and the G-Men DB are pretty bad right now. If Webster was lock-down they would not be as bad.
I knew useless was the wrong word to describe you as clueless is so much more fitting. There are soooooo many things wrong with this paragraph that I don't even know where to begin with you. I guess I should recommend that you watch a giants game sometime so that you know what you are talking about in at least the slightest way, but since you seem to refuse to do so I'll only wish you good luck.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Last edited by Rosebud : 11-10-2009 at 09:51 PM.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 09:44 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Name me one play this year where Jenkins was "burned?"

Beaten, everyone, burned???

Can't say one sticks out. Maybe the GMen game which was his first start this season but I remember TNew and Scandrick getting killed.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:46 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
What are you basing this off of other than the one time Asante did it on Sunday?
80% of the time he jumps a slant he commits PI. 50% of the time a sideline route is run.

Good for him if he gets away with it. That is the Belichick school of DB play. Make the REFs call it. Ty Law will have done it all the way to the HOF so kudos to getting away with it is my read.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:48 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

I was told by reputable G-Men fans I was crazy for saying your D was in trouble after the Dallas game. So to have the folsk going crazy here on Corey does not surprise me.

Time will tell. Just watch the games.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:49 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Webster has been excellent this year except for the one game. The first TD he let up in 2 years was against Maclin where he played the coverage perfectly. Jackson ate him up on numerous plays but some WR's just have a CB's number. I'm not the least bit worried.
Great, no need for worry whatsoever. I must be crazy.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:52 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vincent Jackson made Asmougha look awful... And i honestly dont understand this, but when a CB makes a pick or two they're automatically considered great. Terrell Thomas is doing exactly what Aaron Ross started to do, part of the reason why Antonio Cromartie has been awful and Mike Jenkins from what i saw did it on occasion.

They play off coverage and are very high in their backpedal, basically are staring into the quarterback's eyes the entire time and trying to bait him into a bad throw. Then when they break on the ball they ALWAYS go for the pick, or have gotten themselves out of position. This leads to alot of yards gained, instead of making the quarterback make a good throw they try to get themselves a pick.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 09:52 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Oh no doubt. He's looking real good right now. And should only get better. Its just the Champ comparisons are a bit much.
Why? Just watch the game and watch how he plays. He tracks the receiver fluidly, he is able to find the flight of the ball even with his back turned, he is getting better at reading routes and understanding how pass rush alters it, he has good hands and he has excellent speed on the field ....

He is not ACCOMPLISHED yet but he is playing as well as any CB right now in the NFC East.