Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-26-2009, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default "Insert Player" is the better and more productive player than...

It has been about five years since the classic Umenyiora vs. Peppers debate. This should be fun. First off:

John Abraham is the better and more productive player than Dwight Freeney

Reason: When Freeney first came into the league he was nigh unstoppable, especially in that track meet they call a stadium. However, as he has aged he has been getting hurt a lot, lost a step, and hasn't been the force he used to be. Not to mention teams take advantage of him in the running/screen game and it has hurt the Colts in big time games (see Darren Sproles).

John Abraham has been consistently great his entire career and has seen no drop-off. If anything he looks better and more balanced as a player in recent years.

Either comment on this one or add your own.

Last edited by Shiver : 09-27-2009 at 01:21 AM.
Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 10:57 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Troy Williamson is a better and more productive player than Tavaris Jackson.

It's tautological

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 11:55 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Ah yes.

I wish I could have taken a picture of the poll that was put up. Talk about every single one of my opposers (aka the entire board) eating crow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 11:57 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Doesnt change the fact that when you said it, you were wrong.

(wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong! when you grow up, YOURE GONNA BE WRONG)

cha cha cha.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 11:57 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

boe > comahan!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 12:01 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eat what crow? I would take Julius Peppers' career over Umenyiora's anyday. Osi isn't even the best DE on his own team; Justin Tuck is godlike I might add.

Old 09-27-2009, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DeSean Jackson > Eddie Royal
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 12:05 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post

Eddie Royal's 15 minutes are over. He caught a lot of passes because Jay Cutler threw a lot of passes. He didn't even average 10 ypc, I do not think he will ever live up to what he did as a rookie.

YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eddie Royal > You

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
ooooo I'm the biggest Eddie fan here. But i can see where people will say either. So i can't argue.
Quote:
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
Old 09-27-2009, 12:10 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Johnson>Steve Slaton & Maurice Jones Drew

Non-Homer pick

Vincent Jackson>Brandon Marshall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Last edited by DoughBoy : 09-27-2009 at 12:14 AM.
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 12:11 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Eat what crow? I would take Julius Peppers' career over Umenyiora's anyday. Osi isn't even the best DE on his own team; Justin Tuck is godlike I might add.
ha and again ha. Osi is a better DE than Tuck.

or to sound more rational, was pre-injury and it wasn't close. Now Osi looks rusty and sluggish against the run. We'll see how he looks later in the season.

And really? Peppers' career over Osi's? interesting.

Raymell Rice> Steve Slaton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 12:14 AM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
Chris Johnson>Steve Slaton

Non-Homer pick

In the first 2 games of this season? Yes. Have you even looked at Marshalls stats? He is like 2nd in the NFL for catches and yards over the last 3 years.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 12:17 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13 View Post
In the first 2 games of this season? Yes. Have you even looked at Marshalls stats? He is like 2nd in the NFL for catches and yards over the last 3 years.
Vincent Jackson> Brandon Marshall

If you want a reason Brandon is a huge dusche and I wouldnt want him on my team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 12:18 AM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

Quote:

If you want a reason Brandon is a huge dusche and I wouldnt want him on my team.

Great reasoning.
Quote:
Old 09-27-2009, 12:19 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:

Non-Homer pick

I agree with both of those.

1. Chris Johnson is hands down better than Slaton, and although MJD is great he has been surpassed as the best dual threat RB in the NFL. It has gone like this:

Marshall Faulk > Brian Westbrook > Maurice Jones-Drew > Chris Johnson

2. I think we've seen the best from Marshall and I think Jackson is better than him now and will continue to get better.

Old 09-27-2009, 12:19 AM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I think you mean douche...and I really don't think that is enough of a reason. Vincent Jackson has had a very mediocre career up to this point while B Marsh has dominated. There is no debate.

Quote:
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Old 09-27-2009, 12:23 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
ha and again ha. Osi is a better DE than Tuck.

or to sound more rational, was pre-injury and it wasn't close. Now Osi looks rusty and sluggish against the run. We'll see how he looks later in the season.

And really? Peppers' career over Osi's? interesting.

Raymell Rice> Steve Slaton.
Julius Peppers: twice as many pro-bowls, twice as many All-Pro selections, has been brilliant year in and year out, probably will notch 100 sacks in his career.

Umenyiora is a fine player, and at times he has played the best at his position. For the long haul it isn't even close. As it stands now I think Justin Tuck is more integral to that defense and Tuck was the player who won that Super Bowl.

Last edited by Shiver : 09-27-2009 at 12:26 AM.
Old 09-27-2009, 12:25 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Patrick Willis > Everyone

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 12:26 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i sniff something. it's getting closer!

MAHAHAHAHAHA..

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 12:29 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Non-Homer pick

+1

That said, Dustin Keller = Best young pass catching TE in the league. D'Brick > Joe Thomas.

Tuck > Osi

Ware > Merriman

Andre Johnson > Larry Fitzgerald

Dwayne Bowe > Brandon Marshall.

Last edited by SenorGato : 09-27-2009 at 12:35 AM.
SenorGato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 12:40 AM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

Bowe is much closer to Marshall, but still no.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-27-2009, 12:44 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Johnson over Fitzgerald is a good one, Ware over Merriman is a foregone conclusion now although it used to be a classic debate before last year.

Old 09-27-2009, 12:47 AM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

Ryan Clady>Michael Roos

Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-27-2009, 12:59 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13 View Post
Ryan Clady>Michael Roos
no. Roos is the best LT in the game.

Ryan Clady > Joe Thomas
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote