Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-28-2009, 02:51 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BufFan71 View Post
excuse me, as Trent is DEAD afraid to throw anything BUT a checkdown

u have Lee Evans, and T0, and refuse to throw to them?
he doesnt even look downfield.
if he doesnt get 5 seconds in the pocket he gets flustered and runs around like an idiot
If TO decided to catch a deep ball once in a blue moon maybe Trent would go to him more often, TO's getting separation but damn have his ball skills gone to all hell.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 02:56 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
Aso couldn't cover Tony. Tony is a top 5 blocker as well and the best recieving TE. Kellen, when healthy is good. But as you know the when/if healthy statement automatically drops you off the cliff. So no. Todd Heap right now > K2. ;)
Tony a top 5 blocker, based on what? He's undoubtedly the best pass receiver in the NFL at the tight end position, but he is one of the least utilised blockers at the position. He's not top 5 as a blocker, hell last year he blocked on average once in the passing game per game played, that's next to nothing as a playing sample to gauge how good he is goes.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 02:59 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't want mine to get lost in the shuffle of everything, so i'll say it again.

Cedric Benson is a better and more productive player than Matt Forte! Take that, Bears! ;)
Old 09-28-2009, 03:11 AM    (permalink
mellojello
Veteran

mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mellojello is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jahvid Best > Shady McCoy
mellojello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 03:18 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Tony a top 5 blocker, based on what? He's undoubtedly the best pass receiver in the NFL at the tight end position, but he is one of the least utilised blockers at the position. He's not top 5 as a blocker, hell last year he blocked on average once in the passing game per game played, that's next to nothing as a playing sample to gauge how good he is goes.
I know what you're saying, but he really has been a good blocker over the years for KC, this is based on watching his technique and fundamentals.

note: I'm not ranking his blocking. Just noting that the guy has been in the league for 13+ years (don't care to look up the exact amount of years he's played) and been blocking well for the last 6-7 (at least) when asked to, anyways.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 03:26 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
I know what you're saying, but he really has been a good blocker over the years for KC, this is based on watching his technique and fundamentals.

note: I'm not ranking his blocking. Just noting that the guy has been in the league for 13+ years (don't care to look up the exact amount of years he's played) and been blocking well for the last 6-7 (at least) when asked to, anyways.
I saw him play both the first two weeks of this year and I'm not saying he cannot block, I'm just saying he's not a blocking weapon. Blocking shouldn't be considered something that is just "done" the elite guys when blocking make massive differences to games and Tony Gonzalez is not one of the NFL's best blocking tight ends.

He is probably amongst the top receiving tight ends at blocking, but as a pure blocker, top 5 is really stretching it.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 03:38 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
I saw him play both the first two weeks of this year and I'm not saying he cannot block, I'm just saying he's not a blocking weapon. Blocking shouldn't be considered something that is just "done" the elite guys when blocking make massive differences to games and Tony Gonzalez is not one of the NFL's best blocking tight ends.

He is probably amongst the top receiving tight ends at blocking, but as a pure blocker, top 5 is really stretching it.
I've got no disagreements with this post. I even think you put it best, it's possible Tony G is one of the best receiving TEs at blocking, not the best blocking TE.

Although, I consider Jeremy Shockey a receiving TE and I think he's a better blocker than Tony G (but not nearly the receiver Tony G is).
Old 09-28-2009, 05:35 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I don't want mine to get lost in the shuffle of everything, so i'll say it again.

Cedric Benson is a better and more productive player than Matt Forte! Take that, Bears! ;)
i suppose the productive right now is right. Better....

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 05:46 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
i suppose the productive right now is right. Better....
lol let's not start this up, they both play fairly different roles in their respective systems.

Cedric is a 2 down back we use to pound the ball and keep pressure off Palmer.

Forte is a pseudo every down back that can catch out of the back field. And I don't mean pseudo as an insult, I mean that I feel he would better in a 2 back system (note: I believe 80-90% of the backs currently in the league would be better in a 2 back system), but obviously Adrian Peterson2 & Garrett Wolfe can't take much of the work load for you in Chicago.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:13 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

true, but the Bears Oline is just abysmal

Old 09-28-2009, 06:40 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bungles aren't exactly rolling out Jonathan Ogden and Larry Allen out there either.

I actually think Benson and Forte are very similar players. I can't speak much for Forte, but man, seeing Benson block out there on passing downs is a thing of beauty. Today he was clocking blitzers left and right.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:49 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
The Bungles aren't exactly rolling out Jonathan Ogden and Larry Allen out there either.

I actually think Benson and Forte are very similar players. I can't speak much for Forte, but man, seeing Benson block out there on passing downs is a thing of beauty. Today he was clocking blitzers left and right.
have you seen the Bears Oline? i havent seen a hole since preseason

Old 09-28-2009, 07:57 AM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
If TO decided to catch a deep ball once in a blue moon maybe Trent would go to him more often, TO's getting separation but damn have his ball skills gone to all hell.
he caught one last week...

yesterday trent threw two TERRIBLE passes...

one of them would have put us up 14-10, as T0 was wide open
Old 09-28-2009, 08:36 AM    (permalink
Miaoww
Veteran

Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I agree with both of those.

1. Chris Johnson is hands down better than Slaton, and although MJD is great he has been surpassed as the best dual threat RB in the NFL. It has gone like this:

Marshall Faulk > Brian Westbrook > Maurice Jones-Drew > Chris Johnson

2. I think we've seen the best from Marshall and I think Jackson is better than him now and will continue to get better.
The Edge is in there somewhere. Pre knee injury he was incredible.
Miaoww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:43 AM    (permalink
Miaoww
Veteran

Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Miaoww is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
Frank Gore is a better and more productive player than Steven Jackson.

The two have long been compared due to being in the same division and on bad teams.

Frank Gore is a more consistent, tougher complete back. He plays through injuries and his dedication is second to none and his numbers prove it (all done with no passing game to speak of on his team ever).

I'll take Gore over Jackson thank you.
That's a tough one, I'm not sure who I'd choose out of those two - they both bring something special to the table. I'd be happy with either, assuming the Panthers didn't already have Stewart and Williams.
Miaoww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:03 AM    (permalink
no bare feet
Veteran

no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would think it is safe to say Ryan Clady is better than any other left tackle.
no bare feet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:26 AM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matthew Stafford>>>>>>Mark Sanchez.
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:14 AM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no bare feet View Post
I would think it is safe to say Ryan Clady is better than any other left tackle.
Except Joe Thomas.

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:43 AM    (permalink
no bare feet
Veteran

no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepThreat View Post
Except Joe Thomas.
Let me guess, you are a Browns fan?
Old 09-28-2009, 11:47 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
have you seen the Bears Oline? i havent seen a hole since preseason
I'm curious to know what has been the biggest change from last year to this. If anything, the addition of Cutler should have created a better run game for them. I really haven't paid much attention to the o-line play for the Bears.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
I'm curious to know what has been the biggest change from last year to this. If anything, the addition of Cutler should have created a better run game for them. I really haven't paid much attention to the o-line play for the Bears.
The Oline has been horrible and the last 2 games at least, they tried to stack the box and let Cutler beat them. And he did.

Old 09-28-2009, 11:54 AM    (permalink
no bare feet
Veteran

Quote:
The Oline has been horrible and the last 2 games at least, they tried to stack the box and let Cutler beat them. And he did.
So, if I was to draw any conclusions from your statement..it is that Cutler is awesome?
Old 09-28-2009, 11:55 AM    (permalink
RyanLeafWasGood
Rookie

RyanLeafWasGood wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.RyanLeafWasGood wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.RyanLeafWasGood wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.RyanLeafWasGood wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.RyanLeafWasGood wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.RyanLeafWasGood wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.RyanLeafWasGood wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.RyanLeafWasGood wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.RyanLeafWasGood wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.RyanLeafWasGood wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.RyanLeafWasGood wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no bare feet View Post
Michael Roos would like to have a word with you.
RyanLeafWasGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 12:06 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2008 and 2009 season combines

Jeff Backus: 19 games, 10.25 sacks allowed, 6 False Start penalties, 6 Holding penalties
Ryan Clady: 19 games, 0.5 sacks allowed, 1 False Start penalty, 1 Holding penalty
Michael Roos: 19 games, 2 sacks allowed, 6 False Start penalties, 0 Holding penalties
Joe Thomas: 19 games, 5.5 sacks allowed, 5 False Start penalties, 1 Holding penalty

I'll let you draw your own conclusions, based on how much you value stats for offensive linemen.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 12:07 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just going to go ahead and say that Jay Cutler is a top 5 QB.

He's better than last year, maybe not statistically, but from a leading aspect.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote