Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 09-30-2009, 10:09 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can someone explain how U Dub isn't ranked?

And whoever implied UW's win over USC was somehow invalid because Mays was hurt, is really cutting the Trojans huge slack for simply getting their butts beat.
Up and down Washington's roster, they don't have near the talent of a USC, yet one player, Mays, being out tips the balance in UW's favor??

I call BS.
FUNBUNCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 11:50 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Washington isn't ranked because they have 2 losses.

There are still better 1 loss teams not ranked, like South Carolina. Washington doesn't deserve to be ranked right now.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 01:36 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Washington isn't ranked because they have 2 losses.

There are still better 1 loss teams not ranked, like South Carolina. Washington doesn't deserve to be ranked right now.
Whoops. Pardon me. Brain fart.
FUNBUNCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Saints 4 Lyfe
Veteran

Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i still think Iowa isn't as good as their rank is. kirk seems to do great one year then have 3-4 off years.
Saints 4 Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 01:58 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints 4 Lyfe View Post
kirk seems to do great one year then have 3-4 off years.
...which would impact their current ranking how?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Saints 4 Lyfe
Veteran

Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
...which would impact their current ranking how?
it doesn't and i never implied that it does. i just stated an opinion.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
it doesn't and i never implied that it does. where did you get that?
Guess I misread your statement. I think they're fine where they're at.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 02:29 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love nothing more than to have teams like Texas, Florida, Alabama, LSU, and Virginia Tech all end up with one loss while having Boise State, TCU, and Houston all finished undefeated. I know it's very unlikely to happen, but it would be a major embarrassment for the BCS.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 02:48 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
I would love nothing more than to have teams like Texas, Florida, Alabama, LSU, and Virginia Tech all end up with one loss while having Boise State, TCU, and Houston all finished undefeated. I know it's very unlikely to happen, but it would be a major embarrassment for the BCS.
I'd like to see that happen as well. I don't think Boise will lose this season and I think it's a solid chance that TCU and Houston also finish undefeated.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 03:44 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i still think Iowa isn't as good as their rank is. kirk seems to do great one year then have 3-4 off years.
Not really.

Iowa had 3 good years (31-7 from 02-04), then 3 mediocre years (19-18 over 05-07). Then 9-4 last year. If anything, you could say Ferentz has one good recruiting cycle of teams that overachieves, then one cycle where they come back down to earth.

I would like Iowa to be ranked 18-22 right now, but we aren't. But then again, rankings right now are pointless so idc.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 09-30-2009, 03:48 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The team most likely to run the table: Cincinnati.

That would go over with the BCS like a fart in church.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Smoke14
Rookie

Smoke14 smells like sex panther.Smoke14 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Embarrassment? Why? Because the BCS schools actually have the balls to play other teams with legit talent? Come on man get real. If TCU, Boise or Houston played 8 conference games as tough as BCS schools they would end the season with 3 or more losses. Get real.
Smoke14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:06 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

How is it considered "having balls" when those teams have no choice on who they play in conference?

If they really had a choice, they would play teams other than Chattanooga State or Blind Sisters of the Poor U outside of conference.

*Insert argument that the SEC/Big 12 is the hardest conference evarz so they shouldn't have to schedule a tough OOC*

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 09-30-2009, 10:25 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the exception of Boise State he's right though. Houston in the NC game would be a disaster.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Smoke14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
How is it considered "having balls" when those teams have no choice on who they play in conference?

If they really had a choice, they would play teams other than Chattanooga State or Blind Sisters of the Poor U outside of conference.

*Insert argument that the SEC/Big 12 is the hardest conference evarz so they shouldn't have to schedule a tough OOC*

Alabama played Virginia Tech, How about USC playing Ohio State, Oklahoma signing one of the toughest non-BCS schools around in BYU...and Miami(Fla), how about Nebraska playing Virginia Tech, Tennessee playing UCLA, Michigan and Michigan State stepping up to play Notre Dame every single seasn..its not mandatory, but they still do regardless of weather of not ND is up or down. It goes beyond the conference games they play. Oh and yeah its balls because the University chooses to be in one of these elite conferences. Boise State could try to get involved in the PAC-10 or even the Big IIX if they so chose to do so, and boy would the BCS schools be licking their chops then because Boise could not hang with the big boys week in and week out no way no how. A one time game any team can hang with another team and Boise happened to get Oklahoma in one game.
Old 10-01-2009, 12:43 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

SC is getting a big break in the polls because everybody knows Corp was a fluke natural disaster.

Houston v. Boise in the NC, let's get it done. It's the only way to get a playoff.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 02:01 AM    (permalink
Saints 4 Lyfe
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
SC is getting a big break in the polls because everybody knows Corp was a fluke natural disaster.
a team is only as good as it's players and Korp is a player no? fluke or not he's part of the team and a reason they lost and USC catching a break is ********. they already catch too many breaks.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:07 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
a team is only as good as it's players and Korp is a player no? fluke or not he's part of the team and a reason they lost and USC catching a break is ********. they already catch too many breaks.
well ND will correct that mistake three weeks from now

well more probably not but its still nice to think that they will

Saints 2014 draft

1st: Jason Verrett
2nd: Donte Moncrief
3rd: Jimmy Ward
4th: JaWuan James
5th: Dri Archer
6th: Gabe Ikard
wicket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 02:18 AM    (permalink
ToldLikeItIs
Pro Bowler

ToldLikeItIs ToldLikeItIs ToldLikeItIs ToldLikeItIs ToldLikeItIs

Saints 4 Lyfe, whatever you just said didn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

This upcoming game should give us some information we didn't already have.
ToldLikeItIs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 11:03 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke14 View Post
Embarrassment? Why? Because the BCS schools actually have the balls to play other teams with legit talent? Come on man get real. If TCU, Boise or Houston played 8 conference games as tough as BCS schools they would end the season with 3 or more losses. Get real.
Well in case you didn't know, teams don't have control over who they play in conference. It isn't like Boise State or Houston are scared to play tough teams. Did we forget that Boise get finished a home-and-home with Oregon (who was definitely a top team when they scheduled) and Houston scheduled a road game against top ten Oklahoma State? Am I wrong or did TCU just travel to Virginia and then Clemson? What about a couple years ago when they played a home-and-home with Oklahoma? Remember when Utah played Michigan at the Big House last year? Yeah, that game was scheduled when U-M was a top 15-20 team in the country. All these teams are trying to schedule tough games, but those BCS schools who "actually have balls" are afraid to play them out of conference. Maybe Florida should travel to Texas and play TCU instead of playing Charleston Southern. Or maybe they could invite Boise State or Utah to the Swamp instead of scheduling the mighty Florida International. I wonder if Texas would still be undefeated if they traveled to Boise instead of Wyoming.

So, the way I see it is that the BCS schools are the ones who don't have any balls. I mean ****, it's been something like 10+ years since Florida has played a road out of conference game outside of the south. Sure, there are a handful of BCS teams that play a tough out of conference game but don't act like it's so common. More BCS teams than not avoid the tough games and schedule cupcakes. Teams like Boise, TCU, and Houston can't control who is in their conference. They can't just get up and join the SEC or Big XII either. Those teams can't control who is willing to play them and who is too scared to. I also see no reason a team like Boise or Houston couldn't go 11-1 or 12-0 in a conference like the Big East, the Big Ten, or the ACC. In case you haven't noticed the teams in question haven't exactly been squeaking by their conference opponents. They've been dominating their conference games.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 12:17 PM    (permalink
steelernation77
Veteran

steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.

I think the main problem with LSU is that they entered the season ranked #11 in the AP and #9 in the Coaches. The Tigers weren't even in the top 25 at the end of last season and nearly lost 4 games in November and had a losing conference record. I realize they destroyed Georgia Tech, but I'm not sure that's enough to warrant the ranking they received in the preseason.
steelernation77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 12:51 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelernation77 View Post
I think the main problem with LSU is that they entered the season ranked #11 in the AP and #9 in the Coaches. The Tigers weren't even in the top 25 at the end of last season and nearly lost 4 games in November and had a losing conference record. I realize they destroyed Georgia Tech, but I'm not sure that's enough to warrant the ranking they received in the preseason.
Although last season does go into consideration. Personal opinion, especially in coaches poll, may reign superior. They look at returning players and incoming talent. Potential is probably the biggie. I'm an LSU fan and I also think we're not that good.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 12:53 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke14 View Post
Alabama played Virginia Tech, How about USC playing Ohio State, Oklahoma signing one of the toughest non-BCS schools around in BYU...and Miami(Fla), how about Nebraska playing Virginia Tech, Tennessee playing UCLA, Michigan and Michigan State stepping up to play Notre Dame every single seasn..its not mandatory, but they still do regardless of weather of not ND is up or down. It goes beyond the conference games they play. Oh and yeah its balls because the University chooses to be in one of these elite conferences. Boise State could try to get involved in the PAC-10 or even the Big IIX if they so chose to do so, and boy would the BCS schools be licking their chops then because Boise could not hang with the big boys week in and week out no way no how. A one time game any team can hang with another team and Boise happened to get Oklahoma in one game.
Look at the recruiting areas. Of course they wouldn't hang for a while.. they're in freakkkin Idaho. All these non-bcs schools have been playing very good OOC schedules and you're definitely not proving otherwise from the looks of it.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 01:27 PM    (permalink
jnew76
Pro Bowler

jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am a little upset that Missouri is not ranked in the AP poll. Of course, with the next 3 games being against Nebraska, @Okie St., and Texas, there is no doubt that they have the opportunity to make a big move.
Old 10-01-2009, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Smoke14
Rookie

You can make up all the garbage you want, but the fact still remains none of those pansie teams could hang with the BCS guys week in and week out. Period, end of story, discussion over, I win.