Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 10-01-2009, 01:33 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Facepalm....

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 01:35 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke14 View Post
You can make up all the garbage you want, but the fact still remains none of those pansie teams could hang with the BCS guys week in and week out. Period, end of story, discussion over, I win.
There's no statistical fact to prove your argument.

Old 10-01-2009, 01:41 PM    (permalink
jnew76
Pro Bowler

jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You can make up all the garbage you want, but the fact still remains none of those pansie teams could hang with the BCS guys week in and week out. Period, end of story, discussion over, I win.
HMMMM... What did Utah do to Alabama last year? They did not just hang with them, they DESTROYED them in every facet of the game. In FACT, non-BCS teams are 3-1 in BCS games that I remember with Utah winning twice and Boise St. beating Oklahoma.

So, with non-BCS teams going 3-1 on neutral fields in the biggest bowl games in the country, I think it is quite clear that they can not only compete week in and week out, but they can excel!! Period, end of story, discussion over, you lose. Enjoy.

Last edited by jnew76 : 10-01-2009 at 01:44 PM.
jnew76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 01:47 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Just rep rape him and you'll feel much better

Old 10-01-2009, 01:49 PM    (permalink
Smoke14
Rookie

Smoke14 smells like sex panther.Smoke14 smells like sex panther.

Again you bafoons keep bringing up 1 game per season. How about try reading the entire arguement before you rebuff. Seriously smart guys Boise, Utah, Houston, TCU, BYU, Frenso, Hawaii...none of these guys would hang with the BCS schools week in and week out. I'll say it again so you don't misunderstand yet again and give me some one game bologna. Week in and week out those pretenders from the non-BCS would never hang with the contenders from the BCS.
Smoke14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Smoke14
Rookie

Keep on keeping on with the negative rep hits. You only do it because I'm right and its the only way to get back at me since you can't give me a good enough arguement to prove those pretenders could actually make it on a week to week basis in a BCS conference.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:05 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

There's a reason why "Big Balsy BCS teams" schedule schools like Idaho State and Charleston southern.. because they don't want to be beat. There's no statistical proof or fact proving whether or not a non BCS team wouldn't be successful in a big time conference given the exposure and limelight because in most of them games these "small schools" play.. they beat! BYU already gets great recruiting classes as it is. Fresno has to compete with numerous other schools for cali prospects and houston and tcu as well for texas kids. Put them into these "Big balls BCS conferences" as you say and sure, they may not find instant success but you'd better bet your ass no one would be safe.

The fact of the matter is, these guys are winning games and thats all that matters in football rankings right now. WINS. Not "hey if they were in this conference they wouldn't be good" NO.. WINS.

Old 10-01-2009, 02:15 PM    (permalink
jnew76
Pro Bowler

jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Okay, fine... Let's just use the info that we have and let everyone draw their own conclusions.

In the modern BCS era-

Since 2004 the 4 most successful Non-BCS teams are Utah, Boise St., BYU, and TCU and they are a combined record of 33-20. That is a 62.26 winning percentage.

Most of those games are played in the BCS teams first 2-3 games when they are healthy and fresh, and not in the middle of their "grueling" conference schedule.

TCU - 10-3 against BCS schools since 2004
Utah - 11-4 against BCS schools since 2004
Boise St. - 5-4 against BCS schools since 2004
BYU - 7-9 against BCS schools since 2004

I mean come on Smoke, who in their right mind would say that these teams cannot at least be middle of the pack teams in the "BIG TIME" conferences?
Old 10-01-2009, 02:28 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh boy, you sure convinced me.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 02:34 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

You must spread some Reputation around before rep raping Smoke14 again.

Old 10-01-2009, 02:35 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oregon, one of the top teams in the Pac-10, couldn't hang with Boise State for one game. Where is the proof that the rest of the Pac-10 could hang with Boise State week in and week out? Sure, maybe some of these schools don't run the table in the SEC or BIG XII, but I see no evidence as to why they couldn't win one of the other four BCS conferences. It's alright, I'm done arguing. I'm content knowing that one of these teams is probably going to win their BCS Bowl... Again.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 02:40 PM    (permalink
jnew76
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Oregon, one of the top teams in the Pac-10, couldn't hang with Boise State for one game. Where is the proof that the rest of the Pac-10 could hang with Boise State week in and week out? Sure, maybe some of these schools don't run the table in the SEC or BIG XII, but I see no evidence as to why they couldn't win one of the other four BCS conferences. It's alright, I'm done arguing. I'm content knowing that one of these teams is probably going to win their BCS Bowl... Again.
There are 6 BCS conferences, but I understand how someone would forget how the ACC and Big East are still in the equation. ;-)
Old 10-01-2009, 03:07 PM    (permalink
notacarolinafan
Rookie

notacarolinafan could make a wolverine purr.notacarolinafan could make a wolverine purr.notacarolinafan could make a wolverine purr.notacarolinafan could make a wolverine purr.notacarolinafan could make a wolverine purr.notacarolinafan could make a wolverine purr.

South Carolina's still in good position to be ranked within the next few weeks with games coming up against South Carolina St. and Kentucky.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Panthers / Duke / Tennessee / Clemson / Bobcats

1-4

Formerly known as Smash-N-Dash.
notacarolinafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 04:06 PM    (permalink
Smoke14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnew76 View Post
Okay, fine... Let's just use the info that we have and let everyone draw their own conclusions.

In the modern BCS era-

Since 2004 the 4 most successful Non-BCS teams are Utah, Boise St., BYU, and TCU and they are a combined record of 33-20. That is a 62.26 winning percentage.

Most of those games are played in the BCS teams first 2-3 games when they are healthy and fresh, and not in the middle of their "grueling" conference schedule.

I mean come on Smoke, who in their right mind would say that these teams cannot at least be middle of the pack teams in the "BIG TIME" conferences?
Oh yea they played such tough BCS teams too didn't they hahaha what a joke.

I do agree they would be middle of the pack though I was never arguing they would be bottom feeders if that is what you ment. They would be 4-6 loss teams at the worst. Boise has a lot of talent and great coaching they wouldn't be a losing team by any means, but they wouldn't be BCS bowl bound either. They wouldn't be able to hang with the big dogs that many weeks to earn a BCS bowl game.

Come on you guys find someone else to join the party so they can continue neg repping me!!! I've only got 2 bars...you guys are weak!!!
Old 10-01-2009, 06:35 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Oh yea they played such tough BCS teams too didn't they hahaha what a joke.

I do agree they would be middle of the pack though I was never arguing they would be bottom feeders if that is what you ment. They would be 4-6 loss teams at the worst. Boise has a lot of talent and great coaching they wouldn't be a losing team by any means, but they wouldn't be BCS bowl bound either. They wouldn't be able to hang with the big dogs that many weeks to earn a BCS bowl game.

Come on you guys find someone else to join the party so they can continue neg repping me!!! I've only got 2 bars...you guys are weak!!!
You haven't proven a thing this whole argument. All you kept saying was that small schools can't hang with the big dogs, you know it, and I win. No kind of proof was attached to your outbursts. At least jnew had the common sense to come with facts. You're begging questions here.

aaand you're calling us weak. It's so sad how much fail has been inputted in your short stay with us.

Old 10-01-2009, 06:51 PM    (permalink
ToldLikeItIs
Pro Bowler

ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TCU could hang week in and week out.
ToldLikeItIs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 07:24 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash-N-Dash View Post
South Carolina's still in good position to be ranked within the next few weeks with games coming up against South Carolina St. and Kentucky.
They're roughly 28th right now, if you look at it that way. So, I'm hoping we'll jump in there next week. Then we get Kentucky before facing Bama, could be 5-1, heading into the game.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Smoke14
Rookie

ya'll are slipping. I'm under -400 now what happened? I was over -400 geez.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Keep on keeping on with the negative rep hits. You only do it because I'm right and its the only way to get back at me since you can't give me a good enough arguement to prove those pretenders could actually make it on a week to week basis in a BCS conference.
His argument is far better than yours. He showed that the non BCS teams are 3-1 against the top schools in Bowl games. Boise St. has a very solid record against top Pac 10 teams in weekly games and I can name a few times in weekly games that non BCS teams have beaten BCS schools. You on the other hand have nothing to prove your point only your own belief which carries little weight. However I do agree that insults lower a person argument and are uncalled for.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:29 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn, there was a discussion about how mid-majors can't hang with major conference teams and I missed out! Son of a *****.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 02:31 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
you don't honestly think boise st. could win the pac-10 or big-10 do you?
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 02:36 PM    (permalink
SchizophrenicBatman
Pro Bowler

SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SchizophrenicBatman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

his argument has more weight than you're giving it

It's the constant schedule of BCS caliber teams that really takes the toll on top CFB teams. USC always loses to one of the scrub Pac10 teams, probably b/c theyre overlooking them. And sure, you could say Oregon State or Stanford or whoever isn't much better than some non-BCS teams, but the true comparison is that theyre MUCH, MUCH better than the New Mexico States who are at the bottom of the pack in the MWC and such

Or what about Ole Miss last year. Were they any better than TCU or BYU last year? Probably not, but that was just another game on Florida's schedule whereas those are circled dates for Utah. It's just a fact that some teams come to games more focused than others. Look at Florida State's up and down year so far. Or look at every college basketball result where an in-state lesser team pushes a big time program to the wire then goes on to finish 15-14 in a crap conference

Houston almost losing to Texas Tech at home with an extra week to prepare after the high point in their season, upsetting Ok State, is proof positive of this

Last edited by SchizophrenicBatman : 10-02-2009 at 02:38 PM.
SchizophrenicBatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
you don't honestly think boise st. could win the pac-10 or big-10 do you?
Well the way the Pac-10 is looking this year they probably could....other years they could finish top 3 for sure only because USC had been winning the conference...but say years like this one they would have a great shot at winning it.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 02:46 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
Damn, there was a discussion about how mid-majors can't hang with major conference teams and I missed out! Son of a *****.
Keep it rolling my Tiger bretheren

Old 10-02-2009, 03:52 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnew76 View Post

In the modern BCS era-

I don't know about Utah, Boise St., and BYU but TCU aren't 10-3 since 04. They're like 9-6.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 10-02-2009 at 03:55 PM.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote