Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-10-2015, 01:11 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Teacher's responsibilities

Dear NFLDC,

My girlfriend's father is involved in a clearly biased school situation involving an injury to a girl after school.

The background is as follows:

It rained and softball and baseball games were cancelled. My girlfriend's father is the baseball coach and was preparing the boy's gym for practice, going in and out of the gym to his car to retrieve equipment from his car.

The softball team was not dismissed, but was brought by another coach to the girl's gym to support the badmington team. The other teacher's testimony states he was aware that some of his girls broke off and were "horse-playing", but did not attempt to reprimand them to come with him or stop acting up.

From then on the girl's continued to the boy's gym where my girlfriend's father was still in and out, and his students were preparing for practice (though practice did not start). Apparently the "horse-playing" continued, and one of the girls tried to strike a boy, but wound up slipping and falling on her own per her own and all of the other students testimonies.

He has tenure, though is possibly being prejudicially transferred (to a place where he cannot pick). I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about school systems as the principal and athletic director are attempting to blame my girlfriend's father for the incident in entirety.

Some other useful things for judgement are that he attempted to call the AD, principal, and police offices without any response, but was then able to contact the nurse and followed protocol from there.

The formal report states that each coach is expected to hold their athlete's health and safety "paramount...for all activities during the season of their sport". My question is why is he being blamed when the other teacher's student is the one who caused her own injury and was allowed to leave her authorized area disobediently?

Does Pennsylvania have a definite policy for whether a faculty is responsible for an area or students specifically? I don't see how it could be an area due to students regularly leaving for the bathroom or their locker, and as my girlfriend's father is being told he is responsible for both the locker room and the gym despite only being one person and unable to be in both places at once.
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 03:18 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has he tried reporting it his teacher's union?
D-Unit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 05:09 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Has he tried reporting it his teacher's union?
his union doesn't want to throw the other teacher under the bus apparently
Old 06-10-2015, 06:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
his union doesn't want to throw the other teacher under the bus apparently
Why does any teacher have to be blamed? I don't understand where the girl has a case for the school to be reliable for anything.

Take it to twitter!!! Where every wrong is made a right! lol
D-Unit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 06:06 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Badmington Team?
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 08:18 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

my bad, he spelled it that way in his testimony.

My though exactly D, the girl ran off, the teacher is responsible for many other students and he has to chase after her and leave all the others? The girl knew she was goofing off and caused her own injury.

The only fault I see is that the nurse didn't bring the girl to the hospital because it is questionable whether she had syncope or not (the other children say the girl's eyes were fluttering and they suspected she was "out")
Old 06-10-2015, 09:45 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see how a teacher can be held accountable unless neglect, abuse, or conscious disregard for student safety and school district safeguards were proven.

Without judging any single party, it seems there is more to the story than what I read.
Old 06-11-2015, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I don't see how a teacher can be held accountable unless neglect, abuse, or conscious disregard for student safety and school district safeguards were proven.

Without judging any single party, it seems there is more to the story than what I read.
My thoughts exactly. Because as it's presented, I don't get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 07:25 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Get a lawyer.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 09:05 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone get CJ or another teacher to weigh in on teacher/school responsibilities. I have a feeling schools are liable for **** that happens on their property, especially if school events are still going on, and they might be trying to avoid further problems/legal action by having him take the fall as a tenured teacher.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 03:58 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

The only other incident he has ever been involved with is when they switched over the locks to the boys locker room the AD (who is the person that is driving this case) purposely neglected to give him a key. So the other boys coach gave him a key to have access and then he got found out and a strike against him.

Hence why he had to go to his car to get the baseball equipment. The equipment that is owned by the school...but he has to lug around because they refuse to give him ease of access to the locker room.

He is a literature teacher and teaches in philly. He thinks he's being discriminated against because he is white and the students respect him (they refer to him by a nickname in their testimonies and also said that he did "everything right" and "made us check for help at the the athletic directors office, the police office..." but each were empty despite students still being in the building for sports and such....

Edit:

The one thing that alarmed me was that one of the boys said he told the nurse that the girl was "out", and from nexus and some other head/neck injury protocols, that means it is very likely the girl shouldve had a CT scan instead of being observed.

That right there could've been a lawsuit in favor of the student/family.
Old 06-11-2015, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you know how long he was out of the gym before and during the incident? That would seem to be the only aspect where neglect of any kind could be brought up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?

Last edited by Brown Leader : 06-11-2015 at 05:04 PM.
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 05:12 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
Do you know how long he was out of the gym before and during the incident? That would seem to be the only aspect where neglect of any kind could be brought up.
I don't personally, but I can ask. he was setting up for a practice that had not begun.
Old 06-11-2015, 06:41 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't personally, but I can ask. he was setting up for a practice that had not begun.
It depends. He likely was in charge of the students in question and left them unattended when an injury occurred.

No reason to place blame on anyone but when the school's liability comes into question, you'd best make sure you were properly monitoring the behavior of the students.

Tough to put that responsibility on one educator. More chaperones should be present, in my opinion.

I went to a tiny high school and there were always multiple teachers or coaches around. So, it's difficult for me to see where a multitude of students from various groups were all in one gymnasium area and none of their teachers and/or coaches were present/responsible to monitor their behavior.
Old 06-13-2015, 04:20 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I gave him my opinion already. It pretty much ends here: "The other teacher's testimony states he was aware that some of his girls broke off and were "horse-playing", but did not attempt to reprimand them to come with him or stop acting up."

If his GF's dad was otherwise engaged in school duties, and unaware of the girl's actions as well as the fact that he had seen them being brought to the gym by another teacher, there isn't much they can do to him other than make him sit through a group "now, let's be responsible coaches in the gym" meeting.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2015, 08:04 AM    (permalink
MassNole
All-Pro

MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MassNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dear NFLDC,

My girlfriend's father is involved in a clearly biased school situation involving an injury to a girl after school.

The background is as follows:

It rained and softball and baseball games were cancelled. My girlfriend's father is the baseball coach and was preparing the boy's gym for practice, going in and out of the gym to his car to retrieve equipment from his car.

The softball team was not dismissed, but was brought by another coach to the girl's gym to support the badmington team. The other teacher's testimony states he was aware that some of his girls broke off and were "horse-playing", but did not attempt to reprimand them to come with him or stop acting up.

From then on the girl's continued to the boy's gym where my girlfriend's father was still in and out, and his students were preparing for practice (though practice did not start). Apparently the "horse-playing" continued, and one of the girls tried to strike a boy, but wound up slipping and falling on her own per her own and all of the other students testimonies.

He has tenure, though is possibly being prejudicially transferred (to a place where he cannot pick). I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about school systems as the principal and athletic director are attempting to blame my girlfriend's father for the incident in entirety.

Some other useful things for judgement are that he attempted to call the AD, principal, and police offices without any response, but was then able to contact the nurse and followed protocol from there.

The formal report states that each coach is expected to hold their athlete's health and safety "paramount...for all activities during the season of their sport". My question is why is he being blamed when the other teacher's student is the one who caused her own injury and was allowed to leave her authorized area disobediently?

Does Pennsylvania have a definite policy for whether a faculty is responsible for an area or students specifically? I don't see how it could be an area due to students regularly leaving for the bathroom or their locker, and as my girlfriend's father is being told he is responsible for both the locker room and the gym despite only being one person and unable to be in both places at once.
There are some crucial facts not in evidence here.
MassNole is offline   Reply With Quote