Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Green Bay Packers Team Forum

Green Bay Packers Team Forum Discuss the Cheeseheads

Old 03-10-2007, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Aaron Rodgers

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs...703100523/1989

I've got to say I'm really impressed by how well Aaron is handling things (i.e. another year on the bench). He seems to be a good guy and has a real good head on his shoulders. I'm getting really anxious to see how he actually handles himself on the field though. I'm not ready to give up on him and trade him away like alot of people seemingly are. Hopefully these years backing up Brett really help him when he gets his chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 11:55 AM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

I can only hope he'll be starting next year. I don't like the fact that our 1st round pick won't have contributed *at all* to the team until his fourth year.
ny10804 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 11:59 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It is somewhat mystifying to me that for the 2nd year, there have been rumors that the Packers are willing to shop Rodgers. While I was never a big fan of Rodgers, there was, undoubtedly, tools there to develop and work with, and the kid hasn't had a chance to prove anything yet. One possibility that I keep thinking about is that maybe Favre has secretly given an indication to the Packers that he'll play for a couple more years, meaning that the Packers might want to get value for Rodgers and draft another guy to mold (or mold Ingle Martin). I'm probably reaching in that theory, though.

It's a tough situation for Rodgers, as he is probably itching to play, but making any waves will make him seem like a malcontent, which isn't a good thing to do until you've gotten an opportunity. Honestly, if the Packers can get a good return for Rodgers, it might be tempting to pull the trigger on a deal and draft a QB to develop (say, a Kevin Kolb, who they are rumored to like).
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 12:12 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Say Drew Stanton.
I dont believe that Rodgers wont become a great QB, but I just feel that winning one for Favre is more important and I believe that there will be many good FA's next year and his year is good QB class

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 12:46 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Say Drew Stanton.
I dont believe that Rodgers wont become a great QB, but I just feel that winning one for Favre is more important and I believe that there will be many good FA's next year and his year is good QB class
Drew Stanton :)

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 02:09 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Wow don't give up on the guy yet ! Just cause he hasnt produced a single win yet... he also hasnt started a game yet. Being a Baltimore fan I know the trials of going through a 1st round QB that hasnt yet produced... but look at it this way. He is not going to be an overnight sensation like Peyton or Brady, Brett didnt play his first year and he wasnt even picked by Green Bay. He has a lot of things other QB's don't... the chance to sit and learn how to win behind the greatest QB of all time ! Don't go and draft another QB to develop.. draft tools and talent to put around him to make him great once he gets his shot. The NFL is not stupid... yes they make bad choices once in awhile but this guy was a potential 1st pick in the draft !!!!
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 02:17 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He said he wanted to play his whole career in GB. Why not keep him aroud?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 03:05 PM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804 View Post
I can only hope he'll be starting next year. I don't like the fact that our 1st round pick won't have contributed *at all* to the team until his fourth year.
i dont i hope favre comes back :)
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 03:06 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
He said he wanted to play his whole career in GB. Why not keep him aroud?
He'll be around

Old 05-16-2007, 10:20 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone know where to find some good Aaron Rodgers video?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 05-16-2007, 10:42 PM    (permalink
jackalope
Pro Bowler

jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jackalope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still have faith that Rodgers will be our franchise QB. I don't see how some people have lost faith after he hasn't gotten much playing time at all.

EDIT: Oh, didn't realize this was really old.

Sig thanks to mockalicious

Last edited by jackalope : 05-16-2007 at 10:44 PM.
jackalope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 10:42 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow where'd this thread come from.
Old 05-17-2007, 12:57 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Wow where'd this thread come from.
ME, I want some video of rodgers and I cannot find it anywhere.

they get smoked.

Old 05-17-2007, 07:42 AM    (permalink
M1Koter
Rookie

M1Koter hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
I still have faith that Rodgers will be our franchise QB. I don't see how some people have lost faith after he hasn't gotten much playing time at all.
I'm with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Sherman's hitting percentage on draft picks is like Ben Sheets at the plate
M1Koter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

It should also be noted that Aaron Rodgers is still extremely young. He's only 23 years old. That is younger than some rookie quarterbacks who are entering the league.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Vince Lombardi
Pro Bowler

Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vince Lombardi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses View Post
It should also be noted that Aaron Rodgers is still extremely young. He's only 23 years old. That is younger than some rookie quarterbacks who are entering the league.
Really? Wow, I thought he was about 2-3 years older than that for some reason. Like I've said all along I'm not one to condemn any player until they've been given a chance. I think TT passing on Brady Quinn shows that he does have faith in Rodgers and I can't wait to see him get his shot. Rodgers has handled himself like a real pro being stuck behind Brett for this long, when alot of other 20 years olds would be crying by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9
i invite all of you to spam the board with moronic topics that aren't even vaguely entertaining. please.
Vince Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 03:30 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince Lombardi View Post
Really? Wow, I thought he was about 2-3 years older than that for some reason. Like I've said all along I'm not one to condemn any player until they've been given a chance. I think TT passing on Brady Quinn shows that he does have faith in Rodgers and I can't wait to see him get his shot. Rodgers has handled himself like a real pro being stuck behind Brett for this long, when alot of other 20 years olds would be crying by now.
I fully support the Rodgers pick when it happened then and now. Drafting Quinn would have been a huge mistake though. As for his young age that's a nice +. John Beck, at 26, will be 3 years older than him as a rookie.
Old 05-17-2007, 11:35 PM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804 View Post
He has contributed by being solid in practice. If you run practices and Favre's not throwing it, then you need a solid QB to be able to practice the right way. It also allowed the team to rest Favre's arm and save him for the season. Maybe having him on the team has kept Favre from injury. The defense also gets to practice against a quality passer.

Yeah, he hasn't done anything duing a game, but he was a good value when he was picked. He also has the potential to be able to step in and lead the team if Favre retires or gets hurt. Having A-Rod back there makes me feel good about at least one position on offense.
Old 05-18-2007, 12:13 AM    (permalink
tombau
Rookie

tombau hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'm not so sure the Pack's future will be in good hands with Aaron Rodgers. The "(Jeff) Tedford Five", as an ESPN.com writer once called them, keeps coming to mind. (Trent Dilfer, Akili Smith, David Carr, Joey Harrington and Kyle Boller--all First Rounders!). Their individual and collective NFL careers could point to a mediocre one for Rodgers as well.:(

Last edited by tombau : 05-18-2007 at 09:58 PM.
tombau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 04:47 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Apparently Rodgers beefed up with that offseason program and imporved his arm strength. now he's bigger than Favre. Favre dropped below 220.

they get smoked.

Old 05-19-2007, 05:15 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tombau View Post
I'm not so sure the Pack's future will be in good hands with Aaron Rodgers. The "(Jeff) Tedford Five", as an ESPN.com writer once called them, keeps coming to mind. (Trent Dilfer, Akili Smith, David Carr, Joey Harrington and Kyle Boller--all First Rounders!). Their individual and collective NFL careers could point to a mediocre one for Rodgers as well.:(
With David Carr, Joey Harrington, Akili Smith, and Kyle Boller they were all expected to play right away and make an instant impact. Aaron has had the luxury of sitting and learning the game behind one of the game's all-time greatest. Out of the six, counting Aaron, I like his chances for success the most due to the time he had to learn.

Old 05-20-2007, 11:55 PM    (permalink
jag
Veteran

jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So whens A-Rod supposed to be 100%?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
421 Witness
756*
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 01:09 AM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jag View Post
So whens A-Rod supposed to be 100%?
He says that he feels 100%. It's just a mental thing now and the doctors are being cautious with him at this early stage in the process.
Old 05-21-2007, 01:13 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
With David Carr, Joey Harrington, Akili Smith, and Kyle Boller they were all expected to play right away and make an instant impact. Aaron has had the luxury of sitting and learning the game behind one of the game's all-time greatest. Out of the six, counting Aaron, I like his chances for success the most due to the time he had to learn.
Learning is one thing but it's a whole different story stepping on the field and starting for the first time. You only way to really "learn" is to play, and Rodgers hasn't been able to do that yet. He's still going to play like a rookie when he gets hit shot.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 01:17 AM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Learning is one thing but it's a whole different story stepping on the field and starting for the first time. You only way to really "learn" is to play, and Rodgers hasn't been able to do that yet. He's still going to play like a rookie when he gets hit shot.
No doubt about it. Still, it's nice to have a few years to learn the ins and outs of an NFL offence. Plus, anything Tedford taught him will be erased by the time he steps in as the starter. ;)