Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 03-10-2007, 10:21 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Kelly Butler

What ever happened to him? I thought he was supposed to be our RT of the future . . . he isn't on the team anymore is he?
Old 03-10-2007, 10:30 AM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

TacticaLion hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
What ever happened to him? I thought he was supposed to be our RT of the future . . . he isn't on the team anymore is he?
I think he got cut after training camp last year.
Old 03-10-2007, 11:12 AM    (permalink
Mythos
Rookie

Mythos hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I thought Cleveland picked him up and he started.
Mythos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 11:19 AM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

I stopped being lazy: http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/492898

He did get picked up by Cleveland, but only started 5 games (played 6).
Old 03-10-2007, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder how he did as a starter there . . .
Old 03-10-2007, 11:26 AM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I wonder how he did as a starter there . . .
Heh... i'll go ask the Cleveland fans and post my findings.
Old 03-10-2007, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Mythos
Rookie

Mythos hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I still don't understand why we cut the guy. It couldn't have been for cap space and I thought he was supposed to have a good work ethic at least in the weight room. Even if he's not starter quality, he would seem like good depth.
Mythos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythos View Post
I still don't understand why we cut the guy. It couldn't have been for cap space and I thought he was supposed to have a good work ethic at least in the weight room. Even if he's not starter quality, he would seem like good depth.
Marinelli probably didn't like him. That's all it takes anymore it seems . . .
Old 03-10-2007, 12:58 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he did alright for Cleveland this past year. I don't think anyone thinks Kelly Butler is going to be a star ... but he should be a solid capable OT, at worst, a solid depth player, at best, a decent starter. My memory could be wrong about this, but I thought Kelly Butler came into camp overweight or something like that, and that was the reason Marinelli cut him. Could be wrong, and could be thinking of someone else, though.

THis is what rotoworld had to say

Browns signed T Kelly Butler to a two-year contract extension.

"Originally a sixth-round pick by the Lions, the Browns claimed Butler off waivers early in 2006. He started five games at right tackle, held up well, and looks to have a future as a swing tackle. Butler's base salaries will be $510,000 in 2007 and $605,000 in 2007."

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...rt=NFL&id=2869
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 01:12 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah Butler started starting in Cleveland after Ryan Tucker had some undisclosed mental illness. Butler got an extension and is an ok right tackle in my opinion. I think we cut Butler because we signed Rex Tucker, Ryan's brother I believe and we had Jonathan Scott so Butler just didn't fit anymore. We should have known that Rex Tucker would have gotten injured, which he had a history of doing and kept Butler for insurance, but Millen isn't that smart.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 03:48 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i remember hearing they cut him because he showed zero improvement and they figured he wouldn't get any better and he wasn't good enough to do much plus the drafting of jon scott probably solidified it
Old 03-10-2007, 05:42 PM    (permalink
TacticaLion
Pro Bowler

Here are the responses from the Cleveland Browns thread (about Butler):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hail Browns
I'd say he was a decent performer. I don't think he'll really ever be more than an adequate starter, but he's a good backup, good insurance policy. If Ryan Tucker doesn't come back and Butler ends up starting, we'll be OK on that right side, but nothing more than that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5
Yeah Butler played pretty well for us last year. He's a good insurance policy in case Ryan Tucker goes crazy again.
Seems like he had a solid year.