Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 09-30-2009, 07:15 PM    (permalink
roscoesdad27
Veteran

roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default my realistic ravens big board based on need

1) D. Bryant...stud w.r. with exceptional jumpball skills would suit flaccos cannon to perfection and would also become his career #1 reciever.

2) A. Benn...another #1 reciever type

3) J. Gresham...if we cant land one of the top 2 recievers than i like gresham...extremely balanced tightend could slip to us and be a steal at the end of the first round...great reciever/outstanding blocker...fits scheme to perfection.

4) P. Robinson...physical c.b. with good size...we need a true #1 corner esp. one that can matchup on bigger recievers that will give us fitys all year.

5) J. Haden...very similiar to robinson

6) D. Thomas...big reciever with great hands and size could be a sleeper...tremendous run blocker as well.

7) B. Lafell...has the potential to be a #1 reciver.

dez is the only one that "probably" wont be there....i would also love to land o.g. sergio render in round 2...mauling run blocker would solidify our already great o.l.
roscoesdad27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love Bryant but unless we trade up there is a snow balls shot in hell we get him. I know Crabtree may be at our pick but I dont want him at all
Old 10-01-2009, 12:37 PM    (permalink
roscoesdad27
Veteran

roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
I would love Bryant but unless we trade up there is a snow balls shot in hell we get him. I know Crabtree may be at our pick but I dont want him at all
i'd take crabs in a heartbeat, maybe even over dez....ray wouldnt let him get away with any shanagins here.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:16 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoesdad27 View Post
i'd take crabs in a heartbeat, maybe even over dez....ray wouldnt let him get away with any shanagins here.
I'd personally have Crabs as my #3 WR. He's stronger than Bryant but Bryant is a superior big play threat. Bryant is faster, has better hands, and biggest difference has insane ball tracking skills and body control. Crabtree will be more of a possession receiver while Bryant is a dynamic big play threat receiver. My personal favorite WR is Benn and he's more comparable to Crabtree. Benn however is stronger and better with the run after the catch than Crabtree although Crabtree has better hands and ball skills. If he declares Damaryius Thomas would definitely be a great fit for Baltimore. He's the best blocking WR in college football and has serious ball skills and hands. His lack of top end speed though projects him more as a #2 type but I see a lot of TO in him and I'm talking about performance on the field. Personally though I feel the most realistic guys who will land in Baltimore are Lafell and Gilyard. Lafell is probably the best fit. He's a big and strong receiver. Gilyard personally though is my favorite of the two. He won't be an impact blocker but he is probably the smoothest receiver in the draft. He reminds me of Reggie Wayne although I'm sure many will disagree to that.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 04:51 PM    (permalink
roscoesdad27
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
I'd personally have Crabs as my #3 WR. He's stronger than Bryant but Bryant is a superior big play threat. Bryant is faster, has better hands, and biggest difference has insane ball tracking skills and body control. Crabtree will be more of a possession receiver while Bryant is a dynamic big play threat receiver. My personal favorite WR is Benn and he's more comparable to Crabtree. Benn however is stronger and better with the run after the catch than Crabtree although Crabtree has better hands and ball skills. If he declares Damaryius Thomas would definitely be a great fit for Baltimore. He's the best blocking WR in college football and has serious ball skills and hands. His lack of top end speed though projects him more as a #2 type but I see a lot of TO in him and I'm talking about performance on the field. Personally though I feel the most realistic guys who will land in Baltimore are Lafell and Gilyard. Lafell is probably the best fit. He's a big and strong receiver. Gilyard personally though is my favorite of the two. He won't be an impact blocker but he is probably the smoothest receiver in the draft. He reminds me of Reggie Wayne although I'm sure many will disagree to that.
1) IF bryants hands are better than crabs its not by much.

2) benn isnt better after the catch than crabs, benn is very, very good...crabs is great even tho he isnt quite as fast...reminds me of jerry rice here.

3) i love d. thomas as well but gilyard is wayyy overrated...too small and not very fast...great college w.r. tho....but i would take a potential #1 c.b.'s patrick robinson or joe haden over thomas, lafell or gilyard.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:22 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Robinson likely won't be in draft range. Perrish Cox is the only other CB I would think about taking round 1. He can handle the bigger receivers, has catchup speed, and could also step in and become the punt returner although I guess Webb is the PR of the future.

Old 10-02-2009, 10:57 PM    (permalink
roscoesdad27
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Robinson likely won't be in draft range. Perrish Cox is the only other CB I would think about taking round 1. He can handle the bigger receivers, has catchup speed, and could also step in and become the punt returner although I guess Webb is the PR of the future.
cox is great...could possibly move ahead of robinson as the #1 corner...i overlooked him....good call...i would say eric brry as he is the top c.b. prospect as well as safety prospect to me...he could be a modern day mel blount as a c.b. or a hybrid ed reed/troy polumolu type safety.

1) dez
2) benn
3) gresham
4) robinson
5) cox
6) haden
7) thomas
8) lafell

i wouldnt be too upset with any of these 8 guys in the first.

Last edited by roscoesdad27 : 10-02-2009 at 11:52 PM.
Old 10-09-2009, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey, doing a forum mock draft and looking for some input. I got Bryant in round 1, so do you guys feel that CB is the biggest need after that?
Old 10-09-2009, 07:58 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Yeah CB is definitely #2. #3 would probably be TE. Following that would be C or G, and then maybe a MLB or 34 DE to replace Pryce.

Old 10-09-2009, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright cool thanks. There are still plenty of good corners left. We're through round 1 and Haden has been the only CB selected so I should be able to get a good one.
Old 10-09-2009, 10:03 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate to rain slash take a turd on everybody's party, but I wouldn't just assume we're picking in the 25-32 range just yet. We're 3-1 and the next 2 games are very loseable and we still have to play the Colts once and Steelers twice, Bengals again after Sunday, and Denver who is 4-0 right now. If you look at our schedule we could just as easily be 7-9 as we could be 10-6 or higher. So after the half way point we cant start talking about draft range and all that, but for now I would just assume everyone is gonna be there when we draft.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:22 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Alright I just made my last pick. I didn't get all of the needs filled because the values were too good in round 3 and 4 to pass on so I think you guys will still like who I got.

28. Dez Bryant, WR, OK State
60. Ras-I Dowling, CB, UVA
92. Ricky Sapp, DE/OLB, Clemson
124. Demaryius Thomas, WR, Georgia Tech
Old 10-13-2009, 09:36 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
Alright I just made my last pick. I didn't get all of the needs filled because the values were too good in round 3 and 4 to pass on so I think you guys will still like who I got.

28. Dez Bryant, WR, OK State
60. Ras-I Dowling, CB, UVA
92. Ricky Sapp, DE/OLB, Clemson
124. Demaryius Thomas, WR, Georgia Tech
Lol what a dream draft that would be. Demaryius in the fourth, I like him better than Dez, lol. Oh and Dowling is the perfect CB for the Ravens. Big, physical, but holds his own in coverage. Oh and Ricky Sapp is working his way into the late first-mid 2nd range. Love the ACC flavor although this draft would never happen as 3 of them are first round picks, and IMO Ras-I would be a first round lock as well if he didn't play on such a piss poor team.

Old 10-13-2009, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Ya I was quite surprised at how awesome my Ravens draft turned out and my first thought was this draft will never happen as well haha.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:00 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would cry if that was our draft. Tears of joy that is. Two deep-threats and one who is a good blocker, along with a big corner and a great value pass-rusher. I'd be happy if we only got one of those guys really.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 03:41 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

Guys who I like that I see as realistic options right now (regardless of round):

Brandon Lafell, WR, LSU
Eric Decker, WR, Minnesota
Brandon Lang, DE/LB, Troy
Jordan Shipley, WR, Texas
Corey Wooton, DE, Northwestern
Patrick Robinson, CB, Florida State
Myron Lewis, CB, Vanderbilt
Danario Alexander, WR, Missouri
Old 10-18-2009, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Hound
Rookie

Hound hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It is true that this team needs a wide receiver but watching this year, I would say our biggest hole is in the secondary. By far. The only receiver Im interested in out of the first round is Dez Bryant. Outside of Carr (obviously) Dawan Landry has been the weakest player in our secondary. In my opinion, this teams needs go as follow:

Secondary
Pass Rush
Wide Receiver
Rays eventual Replacement

Positions of Strength?

Offensive Line
Quarterback
Running back
DT

Seeing as I dont know how well this team is going to finish with our tough schedule, Im not leaving any prospect out.

1. Eric Berry
2. Dez Bryant
3. Taylor Mays
4. Carlos Dunlap
5. Joe Haden

Another top 3 round pick should be used on a corner. They need to replace Walker, Carr and Landry in the secondary. Both preferrably for physical corners to make up for Foxworth and Washington (I would be suprised if either gets moved off the team). I would hope they draft one and find another through free agency. Im hoping that second pick (along with another pick) can be used to make a trade for a good proven WR.
Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Hound
Rookie

Add Kicker to that needs list. Just watched Haushka blow the vikings game from 45 yards INDOORS.
Old 10-18-2009, 04:26 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CORNERBACK!

That is all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 04:33 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound View Post
Add Kicker to that needs list. Just watched Haushka blow the vikings game from 45 yards INDOORS.
Well kicker isn't usually a drafting need. Stover would have made that sh*t. It might have just cleared by 1 foot but he would have made it. That Purdue kicker though I saw yesterday has a legit NFL leg but I don't know what year he's in.

Old 10-18-2009, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Hound
Rookie

Fair enough, that post was just my disgusted reaction to what I just witnessed in the game.
Old 10-18-2009, 05:31 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah, cornerback is a definite weak spot, its sucks that this years draft is pretty weak in the defensive backfield.
Old 10-18-2009, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Hound
Rookie

The way were playing, Taylor Mays isnt that unrealistic.

Has Carlos Rogers extended with the Redskins yet?

He took a shot at Dan Snyder this week for being a bad owner. Could be a good potential free agent signing.
Old 10-18-2009, 06:15 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound View Post
The way were playing, Taylor Mays isnt that unrealistic.

Has Carlos Rogers extended with the Redskins yet?

He took a shot at Dan Snyder this week for being a bad owner. Could be a good potential free agent signing.
We're not getting a top 10 pick, no way. Top 20 maybe, but not that high. There's too many horrible teams. It's not like we're getting blown out by our opponents either, and one play in any of our losses could have us at higher than .500.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Hound
Rookie

Im not saying we are guaranteed a high pick, I still think we are going to make the playoffs. This bye week, Im hoping the team works out there problems and goes on a great run in the second half.

All I am saying is that its not guaranteed that we don't pick in the top 15 (where Mays is at in many experts opinions, although I think he will go higher.)