Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 10-19-2009, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I say 7 picks on defensive this year IDC all 7.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:35 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am pretty sure we were 3-3 last year as well and we went 11-5....Just saying that we need to chill out. The panic button should not be hit yet. Yes we have a lot we need to work on this bye week and hopefully we can get some kind of trade in before the deadline(I doubt it). We can get it done on offense. I mean Flacco/Rice/Mason all showed that. I would love to make a deal for a physical CB or maybe we can say we are sorry a million times to C-mac and talk him into coming back.
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 01:54 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Titans are 0-6, maybe there shopping Cortland Finnegan, he'd be an awesome pickup, but I doubt they're gonna trade there best corner.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:17 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think no matter what WR has to be our #1 need.

Mason, Clayton, Williams, Washington, Tyree are all URFA's after this season. And personally I would give Washington a new one year deal. Of course you know I would give D Will a new deal but since Cam and Harbaugh apparently hate him he's gone. Mason will probably retire, and I wouln't give Clayton a deal unless he is willing to take #3 WR money. And Tyree wont be back, so basically if you dont re-sign the guys who dont retire you go into next year with Justin Harper and Eron Riley as your top 2 WRs. And even if you bring back Washington thats still an ugly looking group of WRs.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 06:30 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
I think no matter what WR has to be our #1 need.

Mason, Clayton, Williams, Washington, Tyree are all URFA's after this season. And personally I would give Washington a new one year deal. Of course you know I would give D Will a new deal but since Cam and Harbaugh apparently hate him he's gone. Mason will probably retire, and I wouln't give Clayton a deal unless he is willing to take #3 WR money. And Tyree wont be back, so basically if you dont re-sign the guys who dont retire you go into next year with Justin Harper and Eron Riley as your top 2 WRs. And even if you bring back Washington thats still an ugly looking group of WRs.
I think even if we resign 2 of those, and one of the jucier FA's from opposing teams, Flacco has shown enough this season to illustrate he doesnt need a top flight WR to score points. What we do need is a ******* secondary which can cover someone. The pass D has been atrocious, and I still think CB should be our top priority.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 07:11 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I think even if we resign 2 of those, and one of the jucier FA's from opposing teams, Flacco has shown enough this season to illustrate he doesnt need a top flight WR to score points. What we do need is a ******* secondary which can cover someone. The pass D has been atrocious, and I still think CB should be our top priority.
Flacco has done really well with this extremely average core of receivers. Kelly Washington should be back. And hopefully they can convince Dmase to stay one more year. But if not, I still think the defense needs some attention. I'm a big Perrish Cox fan, and I think he'd be awesome for us in the middle of the first. And then hopefully Nakamura or Zbikowski can take over for Landry, who apparently can't run anymore.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yes I would love to give Zbikowski a shot back there, all this play like a Ravens crap about intensity and all jinxed us. Zbikowski is a physical prescence we need back there. Landry was a great in the box physical player but it looks like after that injury he isnt the same, we need Zbikowski to get a shot.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:35 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
yes I would love to give Zbikowski a shot back there, all this play like a Ravens crap about intensity and all jinxed us. Zbikowski is a physical prescence we need back there. Landry was a great in the box physical player but it looks like after that injury he isnt the same, we need Zbikowski to get a shot.
Id actually rather see Nakamura get a starting shot back there next to Reed then Zbikowski. I was a huge Zbi supporter in the draft and was thrilled when we got him, but Nakamura has shown some nice coverage ability and right now, tahts what we need more then anything.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 10-19-2009, 08:21 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Id actually rather see Nakamura get a starting shot back there next to Reed then Zbikowski. I was a huge Zbi supporter in the draft and was thrilled when we got him, but Nakamura has shown some nice coverage ability and right now, tahts what we need more then anything.
He would probably get the first shot at it too. He seems to get more PT on defense right now than Zbikowski.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 09:48 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by America View Post
Flacco has done really well with this extremely average core of receivers. Kelly Washington should be back. And hopefully they can convince Dmase to stay one more year. But if not, I still think the defense needs some attention. I'm a big Perrish Cox fan, and I think he'd be awesome for us in the middle of the first. And then hopefully Nakamura or Zbikowski can take over for Landry, who apparently can't run anymore.
Tom Brady always showed he could play well with **** awful WRs also, but when they got him a true #1 he set records. Regardless of Joe's performance with his crop of WRs he needs a #1.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 10-19-2009, 09:54 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Tom Brady always showed he could play well with **** awful WRs also, but when they got him a true #1 he set records. Regardless of Joe's performance with his crop of WRs he needs a #1.
Not at the cost of our defense giving up 30 points a game he doesnt. Pick your poison, either we score 30 points a game with mediocre receivers and a strong running game but give up 35 with no pass D, or get some damn pass defense and hope Flacco can make those bad receivers better.
Quote:
Old 10-19-2009, 09:58 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Quote:
Not at the cost of our defense giving up 30 points a game he doesnt. Pick your poison, either we score 30 points a game with mediocre receivers and a strong running game but give up 35 with no pass D, or get some damn pass defense and hope Flacco can make those bad receivers better.
You don't have to pick on or the other, Im not saying what we should do Im saying what our biggest need is and its WR. The secondary would be alright if we didnt give QBs all the time in the world to stand in the pocket. Do we need a bigger CB to match up against the Vincent Jackson's and Brandon Marshall's of the world?....yes, but we need a true #1 target for Flacco more than anything else. And I realize this is a big board thing but Im not saying this has to happen in the draft, in fact Id like all the problems to be fixed by free agency and then draft a BPA like Gresham.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 10-19-2009, 09:59 PM    (permalink
mikedoobie
Pro Bowler

mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.

I would much rather Nakamura in there, he can be something really good imo

But obviously CB and WR are huge needs but when going into the draft WRs recently have been dropping, so thats a plus.

just wanna look at some of the senior prospects
at WR there is:
Brandon Lafell - Great talent would give the size, red zone threat, and toughness we need at WR. IMO slightly overrated at this point and will be a mid 2nd round pick
Mardy Gilyard - I am in love with this kid, he is deadly quick out of his cuts, can jump, has great production and is really underrated. Reminds me alot of Ochocinco. Great mid to late 2nd rounder
Eric Decker - Great Hands, toughness and is the definition of team player. Not much to dislike just not as athletically gifted. Late 2nd

At CB
Perrish Cox - He has size, is physical with recievers, loves to tackle and is an athlete. Will be an amazing NFL corner and imo the best senior. Come draft time late 1st early 2nd.
Patrick Robinson - Great ball skills and is a playmaker, aggressive and lays the lumber. Has a great program pedigree. late 1st early 2nd.

depending on where we draft we can get a wide variety. My dream is we get into playoffs win SB have 32nd pick get perrish cox and get Gilyard in 2nd, however slim chances.

but who are the top juniors?? or possible players who may declare
Patrick Robinson -

Doobie- Baltimore Ravens Loyalist
mikedoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:37 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I never thought Brady was that great of a quarterback in those times. He had a comparable core and didn't put up huge numbers and threw a lot of picks. I think Flacco is doing better than Brady did at this point in his career. I guess that's not relevant, but I don't know if we can get a Randy Moss and a Wes Welker in the same offseason.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:42 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedoobie View Post
I would much rather Nakamura in there, he can be something really good imo

But obviously CB and WR are huge needs but when going into the draft WRs recently have been dropping, so thats a plus.

just wanna look at some of the senior prospects
at WR there is:
Brandon Lafell - Great talent would give the size, red zone threat, and toughness we need at WR. IMO slightly overrated at this point and will be a mid 2nd round pick
Mardy Gilyard - I am in love with this kid, he is deadly quick out of his cuts, can jump, has great production and is really underrated. Reminds me alot of Ochocinco. Great mid to late 2nd rounder
Eric Decker - Great Hands, toughness and is the definition of team player. Not much to dislike just not as athletically gifted. Late 2nd

At CB
Perrish Cox - He has size, is physical with recievers, loves to tackle and is an athlete. Will be an amazing NFL corner and imo the best senior. Come draft time late 1st early 2nd.
Patrick Robinson - Great ball skills and is a playmaker, aggressive and lays the lumber. Has a great program pedigree. late 1st early 2nd.

depending on where we draft we can get a wide variety. My dream is we get into playoffs win SB have 32nd pick get perrish cox and get Gilyard in 2nd, however slim chances.

but who are the top juniors?? or possible players who may declare
Patrick Robinson -
Donovan Warren?
Old 10-19-2009, 10:47 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Quote:
I never thought Brady was that great of a quarterback in those times. He had a comparable core and didn't put up huge numbers and threw a lot of picks. I think Flacco is doing better than Brady did at this point in his career. I guess that's not relevant, but I don't know if we can get a Randy Moss and a Wes Welker in the same offseason.
We just need the Randy Moss!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 10-19-2009, 11:24 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

Quote:
We just need the Randy Moss!
Good idea. Let's just trade a 4th for him like the Patriots did. I wish we had been that lucky.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:25 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

And good news...Edward Lee, of The Baltimore Sun, reports Baltimore Ravens CB Lardarius Webb might see more defensive snaps. Head coach John Harbaugh said, "I think Lardarius Webb continues to earn more playing time based on the way he's playing. We gave him more defensive snaps, and he played well on those snaps. When you play well -- no matter who you are -- your role expands."
Old 10-19-2009, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

thank god I have been a fan of him, I am glad Ellerbe and Webb are showing promise, making me look smart I told all my Ravens fans friends to watch out for these 2 now I am looking smarter. I need Eron RIley to do work and my friends will think I am a genius
Old 10-20-2009, 06:08 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Quote:
Good idea. Let's just trade a 4th for him like the Patriots did. I wish we had been that lucky.
It could have been us.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 10-20-2009, 06:30 AM    (permalink
roscoesdad27
Veteran

roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.roscoesdad27 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

r.i. dowling is too slow for our defense...he's a cover 2 corner only

updated draft board...berry and mays will be long gone.

1) d. bryant
2) a. benn
3) j. gresham
4) j. haden
5) p. cox
6) d. thomas
7) d. williams
8) p. robinson
9) b. ghee...c.b. wake forest
10) b. lafell

i think we should target ghee in the second round unless we go corner in the first then i think we target d. thomas, d. williams, b. lafell or d. briscoe in the second...in my new mock i have us picking 16th...we get dez round 1, p. cox round 2 and o.g. sergio render round 3...i think the return of gaither and another grinder at o.g. next to oher would solidify our line as the best in football.
roscoesdad27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

If Mattison is the DC I could see him push for either of the FL CBs or Spikes, he did recruit them. I see us either going TE or BPA on D.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:23 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know, this could very well be the year we actually go WR in round one. All five of the receivers on the active roster are on 1 year deals/in the last year of their deal. BPA is always the way to go, but when you literally have no wide-outs I don't think you can ignore it. I expect at least Washington to be back, but IDK about the others.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 07:28 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You never know. There will be free agents and we will probably go 2nd or 3rd round WR
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 07:39 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still for Flacco's development if Mason retires at least 2 or 3 real veteran receivers must be brought in. You can't rely on even a first round rookie WR to start or even necessarily produce consistently in his first year. The Ravens need to grab someone like Antonio Bryant or Kevin Walter.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote