Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-01-2009, 11:37 PM    (permalink
S4L
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Olympic Decision Day

I know we had a nice thread going with the Beijing Olympics last year, but I'm excited for today, since the IOC decides who will host the 2016 Olympics.

For Olympic newbies, the four finalists to host are Chicago, Rio de Janeiro, Madrid, and Tokyo.

I know there are a lot of Chicagoans out there, so what does SWDC think about the vote today?

Xbox Live Gamertag: DocSteel92
Rest in peace, Randy Pausch.
S4L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 11:39 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Chicago wins for US pride, but I think the other three are good choices as well.......except maybe Rio.....its a bit dangerous/dirty.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:43 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm sensing Madrid. No idea why.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 11:55 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If not Chicago, I hope Rio gets it.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:56 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only olympics that matter are Vancouver 2010.
Old 10-02-2009, 12:00 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
Only olympics that matter are Vancouver 2010.
Damned Straight Todd Me Boy!

Barcelona had the 1992 Olympics so I do doubt Spain gets it again so soon. My money is on Rio, even though the risks involved are high, there hasn't been games on the South American continent

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 12:04 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It'll probably be Rio, they have more than enough time to get things straight for the olympics.
Old 10-02-2009, 12:18 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's Go Chicago! I would be extremely happy. Many Chicagoans do not trust Daley or the State government. All that aside it will be good stimulus and be a lot of fun going to events, if I stay in Chicago.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 12:28 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
Damned Straight Todd Me Boy!

Barcelona had the 1992 Olympics so I do doubt Spain gets it again so soon. My money is on Rio, even though the risks involved are high, there hasn't been games on the South American continent
Atlanta and Salt Lake City had it within a 10 year period.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-02-2009, 12:41 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Atlanta and Salt Lake City had it within a 10 year period.
That was different as one was a summer and one was a winter. Then again, you could make the Lake Placid/Salt Lake argument....

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 12:44 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What is it, less than an hour until presentations start? I think Chicago is first...

I really hope Chicago gets it. If they don't, it's going to be Rio. Tokyo has no chance, and Madrid could be a darkhorse but there really has only been talks of Chicago and Rio.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 12:44 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
Let's Go Chicago! I would be extremely happy. Many Chicagoans do not trust Daley or the State government. All that aside it will be good stimulus and be a lot of fun going to events, if I stay in Chicago.
That has yet to be seen, there are enough examples of cities incurring massive debts in preparation for an Olympic Games that they were unable to re-coup thanks to the games themselves, in which case it wouldn't be anything but a redistribution of wealth. That said if the finances work in the city's favor I'd love to see the games back in the USA.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 05:26 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
That has yet to be seen, there are enough examples of cities incurring massive debts in preparation for an Olympic Games that they were unable to re-coup thanks to the games themselves, in which case it wouldn't be anything but a redistribution of wealth. That said if the finances work in the city's favor I'd love to see the games back in the USA.
It'd be good for the city by adding massive transit infrastructure that we desperately need. So, massive debt or not, as long as the plan is to build more mass transit, create more green space, and bring in construction jobs, i'm okay with that. It also has been proven to open international trade more. Which is ALWAYS a plus. We could sell more beanie babies.

That said:

Oddsmakers say Chicago is the favourite, with Rio being in second. Madrid and Tokyo both will probably NOT get it.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 08:15 AM    (permalink
no bare feet
Veteran

no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.no bare feet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Olympics in Chicago, really? Do they have ther appropriate facilities to hold the Olympics theire or they gonna raise taxes to build a 5.8 billion dollar Olympic facility that will be used for few weeks? I scan see the numerous scandals already. How did the Olympics fair in Salt Lake?

Last edited by no bare feet : 10-02-2009 at 08:18 AM.
no bare feet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 09:26 AM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My money is on Chicago

However, aside from my patriotism, I think it would be interesting to see them in Madrid.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 09:32 AM    (permalink
wordofi
Veteran

wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi

I want them to be be in Rio. I don't want to pay for the Chicago 2016 Olympics.
wordofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 09:33 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFLO View Post
My money is on Chicago

However, aside from my patriotism, I think it would be interesting to see them in Madrid.
I think Madrid would be sweet, but I think they will stay away from giving the Summer Olympics to Europe twice in a row.

Also, I'm really pumped for the 2010 games and idk why. I think Vancouver is going to be fantastic.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 10-02-2009, 09:56 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chicago or bust. really hope it works out. 2016 is a long way away, but i heard they'd have some events (likely cycling) in the Madison, WI area. Not saying I'd be able to make it down there, but having the option would mostly kick ass.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 10:01 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Chicago!

This is also the place where they vote in Rugby or Gold into the olympics right? LETS GO RUGBY LETS GO!!!

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 10:05 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
Chicago or bust. really hope it works out. 2016 is a long way away, but i heard they'd have some events (likely cycling) in the Madison, WI area. Not saying I'd be able to make it down there, but having the option would mostly kick ass.
Yes Cycling would be in Madison. I watched the presentation last night and supposedly they claim that the cyclist will have any easy transit to Chicago from Madison to watch the other games. It made me chuckle. Also, the Shooting events are an hour outside the city as well.

Old 10-02-2009, 10:25 AM    (permalink
the dude
Rookie

the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow chicago got the least votes
Old 10-02-2009, 10:26 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by the dude View Post
wow chicago got the least votes
Couldn't you have pulled strings! You are there!

Yeah I am really surprised that Chicago got bounced real early.

Old 10-02-2009, 10:28 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I didn't think they would be 4th. Weird.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-02-2009, 10:39 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Oh well. Chicago isn't going to be bidding again anytime soon.

For those of you not in the area, watching the Chicago news is hilarious. They have basically stopped reporting the vote and talked about all the people being sad. Like, there are people who are depressed and are saying they will be in pain for a while because of this. It's hilarious.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 10-02-2009, 10:48 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Oh well. Chicago isn't going to be bidding again anytime soon.

For those of you not in the area, watching the Chicago news is hilarious. They have basically stopped reporting the vote and talked about all the people being sad. Like, there are people who are depressed and are saying they will be in pain for a while because of this. It's hilarious.
haha.

Chicago: finding new and exciting ways to fail at sports since 1908.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote