Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-02-2009, 11:52 AM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Personally, I would rather see it in Madrid, but it will probably end up at Rio.

On Chicago getting eliminated first, I really can't say that I'm surprised. I don't think the US will get to be a host city for till at least 2020 or 2024. It's going to be a longtime, to many distractions and conflicts.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 11:53 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly don't think the US puts in a bid until at least the 2024 games, prolly not even then imo.

I would rather Madrid get it, but the one bonus if Rio gets it is that there won't be much of a time zone difference from most of the US. So that means no lame delayed tapings.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 11:59 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since I first heard of the nominated cities I was wanting Rio De Janeiro to get it.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 12:09 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There were actually a lot of people from Chicago who didn't want to get the bid. It really didn't make sense from an economic standpoint either, but that's a debate for another time and another place.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 12:26 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
There were actually a lot of people from Chicago who didn't want to get the bid. It really didn't make sense from an economic standpoint either, but that's a debate for another time and another place.
last poll was 65%, which was 20% more than tokyo (for favorablity)...

all my friends are harping excitement. i'm sad because that screws over international business

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 12:30 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's funny that the media are reporting that Chicago rumored to have been voted out because of concerns with corruption and crime.

I guess that means Rio won't get it either...
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Saints 4 Lyfe
Veteran

Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

what were the odds makers smoking?
Saints 4 Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

imo it was kinda obvious that it went to Rio

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 01:00 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, um, I am glad Rio won if Chicago didn't. Europe has the 2012 in London, so there went Madrid. One Tokyo higher up said they wanted the 2016 Olympics cuz they would be the last olympics ever because of global warming, so I am glad Tokyo didn't get it. And South America has never had them. My first choice woulda been my patriotic choice in Chicago, but Rio woulda been my second.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:48 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ahhaha, your glad Tokyo didn't get it because some guy mention global warming. I would take Tokyo's word for it, they are much more technologically advanced, and put time, money and research into those things.

While our government doesn't really to much into any issues, they rather let people do their own research.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Post-Olympic studies show it's a negative economic/environmental effect on a city to host the games.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 03:16 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Post-Olympic studies show it's a negative economic/environmental effect on a city to host the games.
1984: Los Angeles Olympic Games made profits of US $250 million.

1988: Seoul Olympic Games made profits of US $300 million, a record high for a government-run Olympiad.

1992: Barcelona Olympic Games made profits of US $5 million.

1996: Atlanta Olympic Games made profits of US $10 million.

1932: Los Angeles made profits of $1 million

Old 10-02-2009, 03:51 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone know if they included Rugby or not?

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 03:58 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
1984: Los Angeles Olympic Games made profits of US $250 million.

1988: Seoul Olympic Games made profits of US $300 million, a record high for a government-run Olympiad.

1992: Barcelona Olympic Games made profits of US $5 million.

1996: Atlanta Olympic Games made profits of US $10 million.

1932: Los Angeles made profits of $1 million
And Montreal, Barecelona, Sydney, and Athens all lost money from it.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 04:02 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm actually glad we didn't get the games. I'm going to school in Chicago right now and there were a lot of people who didn't want the games because of variables outside the Olympics.

Without getting political there were many who were worried about the political corruption in Chicago, making tax payers cover the expenses (when the estimate for all the building was exceeded), cleaning up our streets (we are the most violent city in the country from what I understand), we have the highest tax rates in the country, and our CTA system isn't functioning properly.

I understand that it's still 7 years down the road and we have plenty of time to fix some of those things but with the economy hurting I think it was the right decision to not let us host. My dorm is right off Michigan Avenue and there was a huge march this morning in support of the bid. It was quite entertaining to see people crying after we were eliminated..

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 04:06 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
ew... rio. i wonder where they'll ship all the poor people to, so that they don't ugly up the city during the games. security ought to be entertaining as well. too bad south america couldn't have put up a decent city for the games.

aq - i think you can add SLC to the above list, although iirc, the effects were all post-games, rather than the games having made that much money.
i wouldn't doubt it.

really, the potential to make money is ridiculous, if you don't pull a beijing and spend a trillion (i was going to say a billion, but they already spent a billion plus, so much for hyperbole), or don't have almost 100k security guards (like athens did). Seoul did a bang up job and made South Korea a real place of business (like now), by bringing international tourism, building relationships, and then using their strength and newfound connections to make ****... When people say they don't make money, i don't expect the events to be immediate, but, if you look at long term growth post-olympics, like in Atlanta... Atlanta 20 years ago to Atlanta today is night and day, and they're not 'really' in the red more than any other are is these days.

meh.

literally, my inbox is exploding with people saying, i'm so glad, i'm so glad, we dodged a bullet.

hell. the IOC would have made a killing by hosting it in the US. viewership would go up like 40% or so. making the price of advertising go up, and the IOC's pockets even fatter.

Old 10-02-2009, 04:17 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Without getting political there were many who were worried about the political corruption in Chicago, making tax payers cover the expenses (when the estimate for all the building was exceeded), cleaning up our streets (we are the most violent city in the country from what I understand), we have the highest tax rates in the country, and our CTA system isn't functioning properly.
Quick rebuttal: 1) There was an insurance on overrun on cost by like 20% of the estimated cost. The cost of the insurance was covered in the estimated cost. 2) cleaning up our streets is one thing... but we're not rio, which is significantly higher crime than Chicago... significantly... and we're still not Detroit or St. Louis on crime... and that's because cap'n jody weis is a d-bag. 3) we do not have the highest tax rates in the country, just sales tax on certain items. the median income in chicago outweighs the sales tax impact. for all the bad. chicago does a lot of things right. 4) the CTA was actually one of the projects that was getting an overhaul. i don't know if you live in the city sweetness, but, for as 'bad' as the CTA is, it's phenomenally light years ahead of every other metropolitan area in the states with the exception of: new york and to a lesser extent DC. yes, for all of its dysfunction, it's a quality transit system, sure it's not like it is in tokyo or london or paris... but it's good. and with the olympics almost a billion dollars would be put into upgrading the cta (and other transportations :-\)

Quote:
I understand that it's still 7 years down the road and we have plenty of time to fix some of those things but with the economy hurting I think it was the right decision to not let us host. My dorm is right off Michigan Avenue and there was a huge march this morning in support of the bid. It was quite entertaining to see people crying after we were eliminated..
How long do you think the economy is going to be in the tank? This is totally going to be fine, create tons of planning jobs, engineering jobs, tech jobs, communication jobs... as well as construction jobs, labor jobs, planning jobs... our city is one of culture. LOTS of culture...

I'm also assuming you go to: Columbia, RMC(U?), or IIT... I might be missing one... but.

Old 10-02-2009, 04:19 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pushing for Boston, Cape Town or Venice in 2020.

Never too early...

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 04:26 PM    (permalink
S4L
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.S4L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Does anyone know if they included Rugby or not?
The IOC session goes on for a whole week; this is just the beginning of it. I'm pretty sure the vote on new sports is early next week.

Xbox Live Gamertag: DocSteel92
Rest in peace, Randy Pausch.
S4L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 04:27 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S4L View Post
The IOC session goes on for a whole week; this is just the beginning of it. I'm pretty sure the vote on new sports is early next week.
Man I hope Rugby gets it. I got a cousin on Fiji's team and it will give me a reason to travel to Brazil. Besides, ass....and boobs...and perfectly tanned women on nude beaches..

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 05:03 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
Quick rebuttal: 1) There was an insurance on overrun on cost by like 20% of the estimated cost. The cost of the insurance was covered in the estimated cost. 2) cleaning up our streets is one thing... but we're not rio, which is significantly higher crime than Chicago... significantly... and we're still not Detroit or St. Louis on crime... and that's because cap'n jody weis is a d-bag. 3) we do not have the highest tax rates in the country, just sales tax on certain items. the median income in chicago outweighs the sales tax impact. for all the bad. chicago does a lot of things right. 4) the CTA was actually one of the projects that was getting an overhaul. i don't know if you live in the city sweetness, but, for as 'bad' as the CTA is, it's phenomenally light years ahead of every other metropolitan area in the states with the exception of: new york and to a lesser extent DC. yes, for all of its dysfunction, it's a quality transit system, sure it's not like it is in tokyo or london or paris... but it's good. and with the olympics almost a billion dollars would be put into upgrading the cta (and other transportations :-\)

How long do you think the economy is going to be in the tank? This is totally going to be fine, create tons of planning jobs, engineering jobs, tech jobs, communication jobs... as well as construction jobs, labor jobs, planning jobs... our city is one of culture. LOTS of culture...

I'm also assuming you go to: Columbia, RMC(U?), or IIT... I might be missing one... but.
Thanks for the rebuttal and you do bring up some good points. I just flat out don't trust Daley or any of his guys.

How long do those jobs last though? It's a great short term solution for people but at the same point, once the projects are done where do they go?

I believe there is a reason we were knocked out first from the race. I found it quite surprising since this thing between us and Rio was "close as hell."

The one big positive that Chicago has going for it is that it is a very developed city with a **** ton of tourism. It's already developed as one of the largest cities in America but right now, I believe we have bigger fish to fry.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 05:27 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Thanks for the rebuttal and you do bring up some good points. I just flat out don't trust Daley or any of his guys.

How long do those jobs last though? It's a great short term solution for people but at the same point, once the projects are done where do they go?

I believe there is a reason we were knocked out first from the race. I found it quite surprising since this thing between us and Rio was "close as hell."

The one big positive that Chicago has going for it is that it is a very developed city with a **** ton of tourism. It's already developed as one of the largest cities in America but right now, I believe we have bigger fish to fry.
Oh, don't get me wrong, i don't trust major delay all that much, but, I'd be just as pissed at the alternatives.

How long to do jobs last? Depends on how many contractors settle in Chicago? How many companies develop more trade with local businesses. Yes, the olympics bring rich people from all over the world to 'watch'... but really to do business as well. i can tell you for sure, my company was busy as hell during the olympics making deals, greasing palms... what does madrid have to gain? or tokyo? both are highly developed cities too... even rio has its moments... and brazil as a whole has industrialized so much over the past 30 years... it's phenomenal...

but, all of the these cities had something to benifit.

Old 10-02-2009, 05:33 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
ahhaha, your glad Tokyo didn't get it because some guy mention global warming. I would take Tokyo's word for it, they are much more technologically advanced, and put time, money and research into those things.

While our government doesn't really to much into any issues, they rather let people do their own research.
Without getting to political, I do believe global warming is somewhat of an issue.....but having one of your reasons of wanting the olympics there in 2016 because the world will not see the 2020 Olympics was kind of a weird reason for wanting the olympics IMHO.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:15 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Olympics should come to Sioux Falls, SD. Just to stir things up a bit.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 06:28 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_29 View Post
I think the Olympics should come to Sioux Falls, SD. Just to stir things up a bit.
If u sex some1 enough u prolly could get it. It sounds like the IOC dude who wanted Rio (the IOC doesn't get along well with the US) got the African nation voters to vote for Tokyo because the African nations did want to go with Chicago telling them that Tokyo had the cleanest plan, and that it was pretty much guaranteed Chicago would get to the second round, so it almost sounds as if some1 did a job of playing politics.