Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who is the best CB in the NFC East
Sheldon Brown 11 6.40%
Lito Sheppard 60 34.88%
Terence Newman 86 50.00%
Shawn Springs 14 8.14%
Anthony Henry 1 0.58%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-10-2007, 11:22 AM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.
Default Who is the best CB in the NFC East?

It is a little debate eaglesalltheway and I are having about who is the best. It is easily Terence Newman, but he thinks Terence newman sucks, lol.

Please be honest, and lets have a good debate.
Old 03-10-2007, 11:30 AM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

remix 6 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Whos the best corner in AFC East? Asante Samuel

how about we do for each division..

AFC
----
East - Samuel,(dyson 2nd?)
West - Bailey (Asamougha 2nd?)
South - Mathis (Pacman 2nd?)
North - McAlister (is there a 2nd?)

NFC
----
East - Newman (Sheppard 2nd?)
West - Clements(Trufant 2nd)
South - Lucas(Hall 2nd?)
North - Harris (Winfield 2nd?)

Last edited by remix 6 : 03-10-2007 at 11:34 AM.
remix 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 11:33 AM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

This is NFC East buddy, lol.

And what is with all of these Lito Sheppard votes, oh well, there are only so many eagles fans.
Old 03-10-2007, 11:37 AM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

Who voted for Shawn Springs, lol.
Old 03-10-2007, 11:38 AM    (permalink
PACKmanN
All-Pro

PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PACKmanN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Winfield is the best CB in the NFC North and i will admit that. In the NFC East its Terence Newman
Old 03-10-2007, 11:42 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by remix 6 View Post

NFC
----
South - Lucas(Hall 2nd?)
Lucas & Hall are overrated players. Hall gets burned too often to be an elite corner, and Lucas had a down year last year. The best corner in the NFC South is Ronde Barber, the all-pro. He's one of the best tackling corners in the league, has amazing field awareness, underrated speed, and he makes big plays in key moments, like his 3 INT TDs against the Eagles :D

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 11:44 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It doesn't matter whether Sheppard is better than Newman or not, because there are so many Cowboys fans that this one won't be close soon.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-10-2007, 11:44 AM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

Ronde Barder is average, but better than hall, I will give you that. He only made the pro-bowk this year on rep, and being tiki barber's brother. He had no business there this year, and you know it.
Old 03-10-2007, 11:45 AM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
It doesn't matter whether Sheppard is better than Newman or not, because there are so many Cowboys fans that this one won't be close soon.
It doesn't matter if there are a ton of cowboys fans, no one even compares to Newman in the East, and no, not many of the cowboys fans vote in the poles here. D-Unit won't I can bet you on that.
Old 03-10-2007, 11:52 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewFan41 View Post
Ronde Barder is average, but better than hall, I will give you that. He only made the pro-bowk this year on rep, and being tiki barber's brother. He had no business there this year, and you know it.
So Hall is below average....

Ronde's stats in 06: 98 tackles, 84 of them SOLO! 3 INTs for 2 TDs, and 13 passes defensed. The reason his INT numbers are so low is because teams threw on the other side after Kelly got injured, because Bolden is a liability and he was attacked and abused. INTs don't matter anyway so I don't have to explain myself.

I know understand why you have the worst rep on this forum, because saying he made the pro bowl because of his brother is one of the most absurd things I have ever heard. Ronde had every right to be at the Super Bowl this year, he personifies a great corner in every aspect.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-10-2007, 11:54 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel Lito Shepard is the top corner in the NFC East!!!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 11:54 AM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

CBs aren't defined by stats at all. In fact, CB stats don't really mean anything at all.

Ronde Barber is not a great CB. Maybe good enough to make the pro-bowl a few times, but nothing amazing. Newman is much better, and should have been in the pro-bowl over him.
Old 03-10-2007, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Maddenhero
Rookie

Maddenhero hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

By a statistic point of view..
NFC East
-----------
Terrence Newman : 61 Tackles 1 INT
Anthony Henry : 81 Tackles 2 INT
Lito Sheppard : 30 Tackles 6 INT
Sheldon Brown : 52 Tackles 1 INT
Sam Madison : 39 Tackles 2 INTs
R.W. Mcquarters : 55 Tackles 1 FF 2 INTs
Shawn Springs : 38 Tackles 1 INT
Fred Smoot : 63 Tackles 2 FF 1 INT
Carlos Rogers : 78 Tackles 1 FF 1 INT

Lito Sheppard in my opinion, is the best in the NFC East.. He has the most INTs out of all of them and I think he missed a few games.

As for NFC CBs i'd rank them by 1. Barber 2. Hall. 3. Sheppard. 4. Newman 5. Lucas?

Last edited by Maddenhero : 03-10-2007 at 12:04 PM.
Maddenhero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 12:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barber is a great CB. He fits the system perfectly. He's the perfect Cover 2 CB, I don't think theres a better Cover 2 CB in the league. I doubt there is in fact.

Id rate him ahead of Hall for now. Hall needs to rebound after this year before he can get shutdown acclaim again. Alot of it was scheme as well remember. Mora didn't use him the right way at all.

I'll keep the NFC East debate simple. Its Newman. The Eagles have the best CB duo in the East, I agree with that, but neither is better overall than Newman.
Old 03-10-2007, 12:02 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by remix 6 View Post
Whos the best corner in AFC East? Asante Samuel

how about we do for each division..

AFC
----
East - Samuel,(dyson 2nd?)
West - Bailey (Asamougha 2nd?)
South - Mathis (Pacman 2nd?)
North - McAlister (is there a 2nd?)

NFC
----
East - Newman (Sheppard 2nd?)
West - Clements(Trufant 2nd)
South - Lucas(Hall 2nd?)
North - Harris (Winfield 2nd?)
Leigh Bodden is second best CB in the north, possibly Deltha O'Neal because of his playmaking ability.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 12:02 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Lucas & Hall are overrated players. Hall gets burned too often to be an elite corner, and Lucas had a down year last year. The best corner in the NFC South is Ronde Barber, the all-pro. He's one of the best tackling corners in the league, has amazing field awareness, underrated speed, and he makes big plays in key moments, like his 3 INT TDs against the Eagles :D
Lucas had injuries ALL YEAR long..thats why he missed games and was very limited in playing time
Old 03-10-2007, 12:05 PM    (permalink
remix 6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
This is NFC East buddy, lol.

And what is with all of these Lito Sheppard votes, oh well, there are only so many eagles fans.
no **** its NFC East but who cares about them? We have a Newman 500000 Newman threads with bitches like you crying about how hes so underrated and doesnt make pro bowl and all that crap.

you want him to make pro bowl? Vote for him and let the NFL players and coaches vote him in.

Newman is a great corner..we know..Sheppard is pretty good aswell. its obvious a cowboy and an eagle fan wont agree.
Old 03-10-2007, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Dillen hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
It doesn't matter if there are a ton of cowboys fans, no one even compares to Newman in the East, and no, not many of the cowboys fans vote in the poles here. D-Unit won't I can bet you on that.
Okay, there are like 50 Cowboys fans here. About 10 Eagles fans. So...

Also, look at the quote dude. What a surprise that your favorite player doesn't compare to anybody. He's in a league all by himself.

Please. Newman is a very good corner. He isnt in a league all by himself, that's only Champ Bailey. Sheppard is very close to Newman. Newman is probably a bit better but I voted Sheppard due to your blind homerism.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Dillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 12:10 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ronde is definatly the best NFC corner, and no question he deserved to make the pro bowl. He pretty much singlehandidly won a game for the bucs this year. How many other CB;s can say that
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 12:13 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

*grabs popcorn*
Old 03-10-2007, 12:15 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

some people cannot read the title

in that division, i think its terrence newman

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 12:15 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

On a side note, the Bears CB duo needs more love. The sum is greater than the parts, and they play well in the scheme and do what theyre told to do. Theyre also underrated in man coverage (I bet alot of fans don't know that the Bears ran alot more Man then your average Cover 2 team). They force turnovers, they come up and defend the run...underated if you ask me.
Old 03-10-2007, 12:16 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
you probably werent here before the Team Discussions got deleted.
Old 03-10-2007, 12:28 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Who voted for Shawn Springs, lol.
i just did. Springs doesnt get a 1/10th of the credit he deserves, sure he doesnt make flashy int's but hes really good, plus he was injured this year and the pass D fell apart.
1-Springs
2-Sheppard/Newman
4-Henry
5-Smoot
6-Brown
7-McQuarters
9-Rogers
10-Madison

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 12:31 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

Quote:
CBs aren't defined by stats at all. In fact, CB stats don't really mean anything at all.

Ronde Barber is not a great CB. Maybe good enough to make the pro-bowl a few times, but nothing amazing. Newman is much better, and should have been in the pro-bowl over him.
Ronde Barber is an All-Pro corner. I think that defines him as great, without even looking at his exceptional play. The stats were just facts to back up my point. Stats mean nothing for CBs, but I think you can get a good idea of why Terence Newman is not nearly as good as Ronde by his stats and also you can see why he didn't make the Pro Bowl.

63 tackles and 1 INT don't exactly scream Pro Bowl, do they? Anthony Henry is a better corner than Juran Bolden too, so Newman probably gets more passes thrown his way, which means he should get more than 1 pick and 11 passes defensed.

Edit: Stats may mean "nothing", but why do all the great corners like Ronde, Champ & formerly Ty Law seem to always put up great stats?

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by etk : 03-10-2007 at 12:35 PM.