Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who is the best CB in the NFC East
Sheldon Brown 11 6.40%
Lito Sheppard 60 34.88%
Terence Newman 86 50.00%
Shawn Springs 14 8.14%
Anthony Henry 1 0.58%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-10-2007, 12:37 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Stats overlooked:
Catches allowed
TD's allowed
Times thrown to
Deflected Passes

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 12:39 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dang, accidentally deleted my post. Anyhow, in short, I think Newman is the better talent, but I think Sheppard is the better corner, ever so slightly. I like his reactions and instincts a bit better than I like Newman's, although it's close, and I'd certainly take either one anyday.

I will say this. A healthy Shawn Springs would enter the conversation ... provided that the injury didn't sap too much of his ability, along with the age. Prior to the injury, Springs was still a quality cover guy with good size.

Of that list, I'd rate it

1. Sheppard
2. Newman
3. Springs
4. Henry
5. Brown

Although 3-5 can be put in any order and a case can be made for it.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 12:43 PM    (permalink
jetsfan3
All-Pro

jetsfan3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Stats don't really mean much because say player A gets a lot more picks than Player B. It could be because no one ever threw it near Player B because he was playing such great defense on his WR. Look at catches allowed and times thrown to, people.

My vote goes to Terence Newman.
Old 03-10-2007, 12:43 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
Dang, accidentally deleted my post. Anyhow, in short, I think Newman is the better talent, but I think Sheppard is the better corner, ever so slightly. I like his reactions and instincts a bit better than I like Newman's, although it's close, and I'd certainly take either one anyday.

I will say this. A healthy Shawn Springs would enter the conversation ... provided that the injury didn't sap too much of his ability, along with the age. Prior to the injury, Springs was still a quality cover guy with good size.

Of that list, I'd rate it

1. Sheppard
2. Newman
3. Springs
4. Henry
5. Brown

Although 3-5 can be put in any order and a case can be made for it.
I don't know about that. Newman might not create the turnovers of the other guys, but he's clearly the best cover corner of the bunch. I see him every week, and I have him in the top 3 in the league. Outside of INTs, he's amazing. He blankets receivers, and teams don't even throw to him at all. He gives up like one catch every game, and its a dump off. I never seen him get beat deep. Ive seen him shut down Steve Smith, TO (when in Philly), Shockey, Burress, Santana Moss, you name it. And he does it with a less agressive front 7 as well.
Old 03-10-2007, 12:49 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
On a side note, the Bears CB duo needs more love. The sum is greater than the parts, and they play well in the scheme and do what theyre told to do. Theyre also underrated in man coverage (I bet alot of fans don't know that the Bears ran alot more Man then your average Cover 2 team). They force turnovers, they come up and defend the run...underated if you ask me.
Considering that both are up for free agency after this season, I'm fine with them being looked over. For what it's worth though, Tillman is the better corner of the two, he's just often overlooked because Vasher has more flashy plays.

And everyone should vote for Lito just out of principal if nothing else.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 12:53 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why in the world is Springs in the poll if you are judging from last year, Carlos is much better, anyways we all know Smoot owns all other NFC East DB's. SMOOOOOOOOT!!!!!

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 12:56 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
Why in the world is Springs in the poll if you are judging from last year, Carlos is much better, anyways we all know Smoot owns all other NFC East DB's. SMOOOOOOOOT!!!!!

Carlos Rogers?
Old 03-10-2007, 12:57 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

on that list its newman but i believe carlos rogers is better in the division. if not the best then number 2 with lito and sheldon 3 and 4
Old 03-10-2007, 12:58 PM    (permalink
sodar21
Veteran

sodar21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Newman is the best right now but you guys are sleeping on Springs. He is an excellent CB and the Redskins D is atrocious without him. He's had injury problems over his career but still remains one of the best CBs in the NFL.

Probably not top 3 in the NFC but I'd toss Charles Woodson in there as well.
sodar21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 12:58 PM    (permalink
dc4life
Rookie

dc4life needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Considering that both are up for free agency after this season, I'm fine with them being looked over. For what it's worth though, Tillman is the better corner of the two, he's just often overlooked because Vasher has more flashy plays.

And everyone should vote for Lito just out of principal if nothing else.
Newman's contract is not up next year and are you seriously gonna say Tillman is a better corner than Newman? Please....
dc4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 12:59 PM    (permalink
dc4life
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
on that list its newman but i believe carlos rogers is better in the division. if not the best then number 2 with lito and sheldon 3 and 4
Rogers has no hands and awareness. How many Ints did he drop last year? Maybe with more experience he'll be good, but hes not the best in division.
Old 03-10-2007, 01:00 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No, bf 51 is saying that Tillman is better than Vasher.
Old 03-10-2007, 01:01 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
No, bf 51 is saying that Tillman is better than Vasher.
Eh **** it. Let him think what he wants. Haha....

Old 03-10-2007, 01:02 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

Quote:
Carlos had his fair share of struggles. Granted, a lot of it was scheme related, so he wasn't as bad as the pundits made it out to be. But at this stage, I wouldn't put Rogers with Newman/Sheppard. A case could be potentially made that he could challenge guys like Brown/Henry, but not at the top, IMO. He might be able to bounce back and have a big year, though, but if I was judging right now, I can't put Carlos up there.
Old 03-10-2007, 01:04 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Redskins ran way too much Cover 2 last year.

In principle it could work with the trucks at Safety they got, Arch actually played well in the Cover 2, and Taylor would make a good Cover 2 safety as well.

But they lack the pass rush, and their CBs are better suited for man coverage.

They should go back to the blitz heavy scheme they used to run.
Old 03-10-2007, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is nothing like subjective corner debates. Of which no one has any tangible proof as to why they are right, and whomever they are debating is wrong. It's the best kind of inane banter. Especially when the corner-back position changes so much from year to year.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 01:06 PM    (permalink
dc4life
Rookie

Quote:
Eh **** it. Let him think what he wants. Haha....
My bad. I seriously just woke up and didnt read the whole thing lol, but I see what you are saying now.
Old 03-10-2007, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

isnt carlos like really good in man coverage. isnt that one of his strong points
Old 03-10-2007, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by remix 6 View Post
Whos the best corner in AFC East? Asante Samuel

how about we do for each division..

AFC
----
East - Samuel,(dyson 2nd?)
West - Bailey (Asamougha 2nd?)
South - Mathis (Pacman 2nd?)
North - McAlister (is there a 2nd?)

NFC
----
East - Newman (Sheppard 2nd?)
West - Clements(Trufant 2nd)
South - Lucas(Hall 2nd?)
North - Harris (Winfield 2nd?)

ike taylor number 2
could be number 1 now in the north
Old 03-10-2007, 01:11 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
The Redskins ran way too much Cover 2 last year.

In principle it could work with the trucks at Safety they got, Arch actually played well in the Cover 2, and Taylor would make a good Cover 2 safety as well.

But they lack the pass rush, and their CBs are better suited for man coverage.

They should go back to the blitz heavy scheme they used to run.
Or draft a new defensive line, which they need to do regardless.

Old 03-10-2007, 01:12 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
isnt carlos like really good in man coverage. isnt that one of his strong points
Yes it is. Same with Springs. What they should do is go back to a man coverage blitz heavy scheme, and use Taylor as a SS who can blitz and lay wood in a soft zone up the middle.

Instead they ran way too much Cover 2 which made no sense. They lack the pass rush for it, and they take away the strengths of their CBs by doing that. Taylor also looked like a lost child in the Cover 2, although theres a backstory to that.

I think they'll be back next year. They could use a DE. Carter was supposed to be their Cover 2 DE, their Simeon Rice if you will, but it didn't work out.
Old 03-10-2007, 01:14 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Or draft a new defensive line, which they need to do regardless.
They have good DTs. Griffin still has some in the tank, and Golston is a diamond in the rough type.

They need DEs. If they get Branch, its strictly a BPA move imo. They need a DE much more than a DT.
Old 03-10-2007, 01:14 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
ike taylor number 2
Ike Taylor was benched for some mediocre young corners, how can you possibly say he is the best in the division when his own team doesn't even think he's top 2 on their roster.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 01:15 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
ike taylor number 2
Which is why he was benched last year.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 01:15 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They have good DTs. Griffin still has some in the tank, and Golston is a diamond in the rough type.

They need DEs. If they get Branch, its strictly a BPA move imo. They need a DE much more than a DT.
Don't forget Joe Salave'a

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote