Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who is the best CB in the NFC East
Sheldon Brown 11 6.40%
Lito Sheppard 60 34.88%
Terence Newman 86 50.00%
Shawn Springs 14 8.14%
Anthony Henry 1 0.58%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-10-2007, 02:16 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Don't forget Joe Salave'a
Joey Lawrence > Joe Salave'a

"Woah!"
Old 03-10-2007, 02:18 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's the interesting question for the Redskins fans to contemplate - will Gregg Williams stick with running a cover 2 scheme? Each year, he seems to adjust the schemes, and that's why he still is one of the better defensive guys out there, as he tries to adjust to the players. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he went back to a more base-blitzing scheme ... and then again, they could draft Branch/Carriker and go with more of a 4-3 2-gap scheme (Carriker at DE, Branch at DT), or they could draft Carriker and go with more of a cover 2 scheme (Adam at UT) or a speed rusher like Adams. Numerous other iterations.

What does that mean? In short, when you have a flexible coach, I think the Redskins are open to all sorts of options. I mean, their focus will still be on defense, but it allows them a lot of flexibility in regards to deals and decisions.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 02:20 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
Here's the interesting question for the Redskins fans to contemplate - will Gregg Williams stick with running a cover 2 scheme? Each year, he seems to adjust the schemes, and that's why he still is one of the better defensive guys out there, as he tries to adjust to the players. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he went back to a more base-blitzing scheme ... and then again, they could draft Branch/Carriker and go with more of a 4-3 2-gap scheme (Carriker at DE, Branch at DT), or they could draft Carriker and go with more of a cover 2 scheme (Adam at UT) or a speed rusher like Adams. Numerous other iterations.

What does that mean? In short, when you have a flexible coach, I think the Redskins are open to all sorts of options. I mean, their focus will still be on defense, but it allows them a lot of flexibility in regards to deals and decisions.
Definately true. I think signing Smoot might be an indication that they will go back to the blitz.

Makes sense too. 2 of the 3 division opponents run a vertical pass game. You want to blitz against those teams. And the Eagles don't really have any scary WRs, so you can live with press coverage against their WCO.
Old 03-10-2007, 02:31 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I don't know about that. Newman might not create the turnovers of the other guys, but he's clearly the best cover corner of the bunch. I see him every week, and I have him in the top 3 in the league. Outside of INTs, he's amazing. He blankets receivers, and teams don't even throw to him at all. He gives up like one catch every game, and its a dump off. I never seen him get beat deep. Ive seen him shut down Steve Smith, TO (when in Philly), Shockey, Burress, Santana Moss, you name it. And he does it with a less agressive front 7 as well.
And with Wad'es new schemes, NEWMAN IS GONNA OWN!!!!!!

How this poll is even close is retarted, but ok.
Old 03-10-2007, 02:33 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.TNewFan41 smells like sex panther.

Oh and BBD I love you. You tell them about Newman, lol.
Old 03-10-2007, 02:34 PM    (permalink
dware_94

Newman...LOL @ Anthony Henry being on the poll
Old 03-10-2007, 02:38 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNewFan41 View Post
And with Wad'es new schemes, NEWMAN IS GONNA OWN!!!!!!

How this poll is even close is retarted, but ok.
Why are you so obsessed about what people think about a player? It's one thing to make a point about a player to convince them, like what I said about Ronde. Does it matter this much to you that everyone thinks Terence Newman is the best corner in the NFC East? If you are this obsessed, I guess I can pretend he's better than Lito Sheppard. If it makes you happy.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 03:52 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dware_94 View Post
Newman...LOL @ Anthony Henry being on the poll
I made 5 options, so I just put Henry in. And actually, Henry is a good CB, could be a solid #1 somewhere, else but we have Newman.

And etk, thats ok, you don't have to pretend, because it is a fact. But if you want, I can pretend Lito Sheppard and Ronde Barber are good CBs.
Old 03-10-2007, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's Newman, people only voted for Lito to piss you off. This is a pointless thread

edit- and btw you are the biggest homer I've ever seen
Old 03-10-2007, 04:03 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I made 5 options, so I just put Henry in. And actually, Henry is a good CB, could be a solid #1 somewhere, else but we have Newman.

And etk, thats ok, you don't have to pretend, because it is a fact. But if you want, I can pretend Lito Sheppard and Ronde Barber are good CBs.
There's not a person on this planet who doesn't think Sheppard and Barber aren't good CBs. Oh yeah, and Henry sucks and he gets burnt every time I watch him on TV. He is not solid and he wouldn't be a number 1 anywhere.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by etk : 03-10-2007 at 05:09 PM.
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 04:20 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

I meant better than Newman sorry, but they are both good CBs.

And Henry was injured all season. He is a good CB. He could be a #1 on a lot of other teams. He was a #1 before he came to Dallas, just to let you know.
Old 03-10-2007, 04:39 PM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

As of now, probably Newman, but if Springs is at 100%, I'd take him any day.
Old 03-10-2007, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't take anyone seriously who has 3 red rep thingys.
Old 03-10-2007, 05:16 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why are you so obsessed about what people think about a player? It's one thing to make a point about a player to convince them, like what I said about Ronde. Does it matter this much to you that everyone thinks Terence Newman is the best corner in the NFC East? If you are this obsessed, I guess I can pretend he's better than Lito Sheppard. If it makes you happy.
He is so obsessed because he thinks I am wrong in saying that Lito is a better CB than Newman. This is a pointless thread, and by the way, Lito is holding on quite nicely, despite the infinite numbers of Cowboys fans.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 05:18 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
I can't take anyone seriously who has 3 red rep thingys.
Exactly what I think.

Old 03-10-2007, 05:19 PM    (permalink
KILLERSANTA
Pro Bowler

KILLERSANTA hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
He is so obsessed because he thinks I am wrong in saying that Lito is a better CB than Newman. This is a pointless thread, and by the way, Lito is holding on quite nicely, despite the infinite numbers of Cowboys fans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglez.Fan View Post
It's Newman, people only voted for Lito to piss you off. This is a pointless thread

edit- and btw you are the biggest homer I've ever seen

Newman is the best, I think Lito sucks. Maybe it just me, But i think Brown is the second best CB in the NFC...
Old 03-10-2007, 05:26 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinzzfan25 View Post
As of now, probably Newman, but if Springs is at 100%, I'd take him any day.
Are you listening to yourself right now? Shawn Springs?

And eaglesalltheway, do you still think Lito is better than Newman?

Newman is the best CB in the East, get over it.
Old 03-10-2007, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Are you listening to yourself right now? Shawn Springs?

And eaglesalltheway, do you still think Lito is better than Newman?

Newman is the best CB in the East, get over it.

You're obviously the one that can't get over it if you had to make this thread.
Old 03-10-2007, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Lucas & Hall are overrated players. Hall gets burned too often to be an elite corner, and Lucas had a down year last year. The best corner in the NFC South is Ronde Barber, the all-pro. He's one of the best tackling corners in the league, has amazing field awareness, underrated speed, and he makes big plays in key moments, like his 3 INT TDs against the Eagles :D
After the first post I was thinking the exact same thing :)

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 05:30 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

Nope, just wanted to prove him wrong.

And the real poll is like 60-10 Newman, people are just voting SHeppard to piss me off.

Go_Eaglez, do you think Lito is better, and be honest?
Old 03-10-2007, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Dillen
Pro Bowler

Dillen hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLERSANTA View Post

Newman is the best, I think Lito sucks. Maybe it just me, But i think Brown is the second best CB in the NFC...
Did you watch them at all last year? In 2005 you'd be 100% correct. Their play pretty much reversed into eachothers last year, although 06 Sheldon wasnt as bad as 05 Lito.

Also Tnew41, it should be 60-10? Are you freaking kidding? It's Terrance Newman, not Deion.

Thanks to jkpigskin
Dillen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 05:38 PM    (permalink
TNewFan41
Veteran

First of all, it is Terence Newman, second, yes it should be 60-10, so many people have voted Sheppard to piss me off, you don't have to be deion to beat lito sheppard, and 3rd, Terence Newman has been compared to Deion.
Old 03-10-2007, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Quote:
Nope, just wanted to prove him wrong.

And the real poll is like 60-10 Newman, people are just voting SHeppard to piss me off.

Go_Eaglez, do you think Lito is better, and be honest?
First off, there's no z in my username, that is Eaglez.Fan. Winning a poll on NFLDC isn't proof that Newman is the better corner, it is complete opinion, the only corner in this league that is practically a fact is that Champ Bailey is the best.

That being said I do think Newman is the better corner, but Lito is a much better playmaker. And he is a better corner than you and most Cowboy fans give him credit for. He made several game ending plays this year like the Carolina one and the the Dallas game. The ability to get ints and get the defense off the field seems like an aspect to one's game that is actually under rated on this site. Not to mention he (granted Sheldon Brown helped) held TO to 5 catches and 1 TD in both Dallas game this year.

I know this is pretty irrelevant to the thread but Lito is also the only player in NFL history to run back 2 ints a 100 yards to the house in their career, and they both happened against your cowboys.
Old 03-10-2007, 05:58 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
First of all, it is Terence Newman, second, yes it should be 60-10, so many people have voted Sheppard to piss me off, you don't have to be deion to beat lito sheppard, and 3rd, Terence Newman has been compared to Deion.
Really, this is the first time I have heard that comparison. The reason people are doing this to piss you off is because you started a pointless thread that will just result in you bitching and moaning about how Newman is underrated and how Lito sucks. Get over it, no one cares anymore.

Old 03-10-2007, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys ever wonder why his rating is so low? Now you see.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote